Cyberpunk 2077 is near the release day and what better way to get all hype now! GS Reviews gives it 7/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

From the sound of it, it's mostly bugs that are holding back the ratings to an otherwise stand-out RPG. So in other words if you wait a bit after launch and the game gets patched up, it should be a solid game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#202 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

@goldenelementxl: Wow, that place sounds like an amazing shithole of a message board.

What is even more amazing is the same people who keep complaining about it, still visit this shithole of a message board. 😂

All you need is SW. Don't be lured to those other sites. This is the one true message board.

But in seriousness - it sounds like crap. I'm not sure why people go there...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@seba20007 said:

@R4gn4r0k:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

Ouch!!!!

According to this, the system requirments that CD Projekt red put forward are one big lie.

@goldenelementxl said:

@R4gn4r0k: “any review that goes in depth on how well the pc version runs?”

No. But we do know how the gender pronouns work, and how if you play as a male trans character, they will incorrectly be the “giver” not the “taker” during the intercourse with sex workers portions of the game. You know, the real issues the consumers want to know about.

How many reviewers do you think could have a serious discussion about performance? Most of them claim to not see past 1080p and 30fps...

Gamespot already made the GTA V review about PC and Social Justice.

It's not the place to get a game review.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11649 Posts

@davillain- said:
@fedor said:

I only read resetera when I need to know how I should feel about a game, which is all the time. That's why I'm a mod there. BTW, you're all preemptively banned.

0_0

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#205 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

From Carolyn Petite at Polygon (formerly Gamespot)

“For elements like the inescapable dehumanization of trans people on imagery throughout the city to function as any kind of critique of transphobia, the game itself would need to create tension around those images by showing us humanized trans people navigating that world. But it doesn’t. The result is a game in which transphobic players (of which there will be many) can just laugh at us by using the character creator to generate models they consider worthy of mockery and derision and by gagging at the Chromanticure ads they see everywhere, or perhaps by fetishizing the model while continuing to see trans people as objects of desire but not as full human beings. Meanwhile, we trans players are left wanting in its world for depictions that humanize us.”

Then go look at resetera. They currently aren’t allowing discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 unless it’s one of two threads discussing the games transphobic issues.

What the hell is going on?

People don't know how to ignore or tolerate what they don't like anymore.

One transphobic person "abuses the character creator" and suddenly it ruins it for the trans community because it's not a perfect system. Oh, the horror.

Which is the whole conundrum with SJW movements; they want an ideal, perfect world and frankly that is unobtainable. Not to mention boring and oppressive.

Sorry but you gotta take this world for what it is, warts and all. And that includes games.

Ironically, this game is about a future dystopia filled with all kinds of crime and terrible people, and frankly with all these extremists saying "Do this, not that" we are going in that direction. Every reaction has an opposite reaction (or however it goes) and every time someone says "you can't do that" someone else says "**** you, yes I can, and now I am going to do it in the most offensive way just to spite you". So maybe stop telling people what they can and can't do?

So, again I say....let it go. There are assholes in the world and there's nothing we can do about it.

Its never a good idea to base the views of entire groups based on a select few. Just saying. 😊

I agree, have you tried telling them that? :D

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 xantufrog  Moderator

@seba20007: that dude's pretty good. Thanks for sharing

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#207 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

7/10? Dang... flop confirmed.

The hype train for this game made it seem like at least a 15/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@jaydan said:

From the sound of it, it's mostly bugs that are holding back the ratings to an otherwise stand-out RPG. So in other words if you wait a bit after launch and the game gets patched up, it should be a solid game.

I'm not waiting for shit. I'm getting this day one on steam. I don't care if theres bugs this is Cyberpunk 2077 A MASTERPIECE A PERFECT GAME I DONT CARE WHAT PPL SAY.

This is 'my" christmas present to myself. Its only 60 dollars for tons of hours of entertainment.

Oh and 7/10 was here on this site and was written by a girl well whatever I don't care about that either. GameSpot I don't have to support the main site i only like the system war forums here anyway. Who cares about there reviews on the main page.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11649 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@jaydan said:

I'm not waiting for shit. I'm getting this day one on steam. I don't care if theres bugs this is Cyberpunk 2077 A MASTERPIECE A PERFECT GAME I DONT CARE WHAT PPL SAY.

This is 'my" christmas present to myself. Its only 60 dollars for tons of hours of entertainment.

Oh and 7/10 was here on this site and was written by a girl well whatever I don't care about that either. GameSpot I don't have to support the main site i only like the system war forums here anyway. Who cares about there reviews on the main page.

Shouldn't you be buying the PS version?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@jaydan said:

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@fedor said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Shouldn't you be buying the PS version?

If he buys it on PS version, it'll run like shit😂🤣

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Review copies have Denuvo, launch copies will be drm free.

https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

FYI: Cyberpunk currently has DRM that is only active for reviewers and is known to reduce performance. Will not be active on launch day, therefore any testing published today will not accurately reflect launch performance. CDPR warned us of this, so we are waiting for launch day.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8204 Posts

was on the fence about getting the game on day one or waiting for the next-gen upgrade patch..

Considering the amount of bugs impacting the experience, I'll wait for the upgrade patch.. By then, the bugs should be squashed and I can enjoy the better performance on the first playthrough

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#214 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Oh, GTAV all over again with San Francisco reviewer flair?

@hardwenzen said:

Didn't watch any reviews yet, but a 7? Wtf?????

7 is reflective of a "good" game. Its just a subjective numerical value.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

“Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t just a meal, it’s the entire restaurant”

Imperfect Perfection

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#216 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I agree, have you tried telling them that? :D

Nah! I will just tell you that. 😋

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#217 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@seba20007: saw that earlier from GN. Means reviewers jumped the gun and couldn’t wait for the DRM to be removed. Should wait and see if the non drm versions improve performance and are bug free.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39285 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Oh, GTAV all over again with San Francisco reviewer flair?

@hardwenzen said:

Didn't watch any reviews yet, but a 7? Wtf?????

7 is reflective of a "good" game. Its just a subjective numerical value.

The reviewer was offended by things in the game. What kind of mindset must you have to be offended in a video game SET IN A MESSEDUP FUTURISTIC world? She should stick to reviewing Mario games, not mature titles where they don't even have censored genitals.

After having read the review, she is completely ridiculous. This is the kind of meme worthy reviews IGN has been pumping (RE2R and Doom2016 come to mind) for years, but now, we have one of our own here as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#219 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

Some of you all are full of it. When would you all accept that there is literally no standards for reviews. Why do you all pretend as if there is only when you read reviews with point of views you disagree with? This isn't new and isn't going to change. Reviewers have downgraded games for a host of various reasons. Time for gamers to accept that reviews in their current state are just opinion pieces.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#220  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

The 7/10 makes me long for the days of Feedbackula.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Pedro: I pretty much agree with you, except for the score attached, and the additional factor of the metacritical averages. Lose the number and the tally and I'm totally on board with reviewers putting their personal feelings and politics in to their reviews.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#222 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Yay its average. TLOU 2 best game confirmed

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@jaydan said:

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8204 Posts

@Pedro: agreed.. the very nature of reviewing entertainment is fundamentally subjective..

In particular, review scores are an outdated metric for video games that only serves to fuel internet wars and the associated clicks

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

Interesting, was watching IGN review. The guy did complain about bugs, in the end gave it a 9. I guess he didn't take bugs into his scoring.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#226 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@sakaixx: 7/10 is not average and TLOU2 was one of the worst games of the decade. Get your standards in order.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 sakaiXx

@Starshine_M2A2: please star, TLoU part 2 and Cyberpunk is the same level here on gamespot. both got 7

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Starshine_M2A2

@sakaixx: Then TLOU2’s reviewer was paid off by Sony. That game is Ride to Hell level quality. And don’t get me started on that female man-beast thing that’s in it...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#229 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@pixievalerie said:

I lost any interest in playing, don't really want to support a transphobic game.

Please explain how it is transphobic. Genuinely want to know as I have not really seen how it is(nor do I know for myself since it's not out yet).

Not being facetious, I genuinely want to know.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Just came in here to see if the people who waited so long for this game are okay.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Starshine_M2A2

@philemono: That ain’t a ‘her’, bud.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Just came in here to see if the people who waited so long for this game are okay.

Nope... Performance is shitty :( Even my new 3080 is gonna stuggle, unless removal of Denuvo truly increases performance.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 hardwenzen

On the comments section of the review for CP2077, i have been called a CDPR simp for defending the game. That offended me.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#235 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The woke white twitter girls are seething about this game.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

On the comments section of the review for CP2077, i have been called a CDPR simp for defending the game. That offended me.

I didn't even think to check those out. lol it's glorious. I'm surprised they haven't locked it, though I suppose it keeps traffic flowing. I never heard of the term "simp" until this review was published...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Ghost120x said:

Nope... I'm devastated. Don't know if I can continue to play games anymore because a twitter girl didn't enjoy the game. What ever will I do now?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 hardwenzen

@SOedipus said:
@hardwenzen said:

I didn't even think to check those out. lol it's glorious. I'm surprised they haven't locked it, though I suppose it keeps traffic flowing. I never heard of the term "simp" until this review was published...

🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 hardwenzen

If she reviews Elden Ring and gives it a 7, i will write her a letter.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#240  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

7 isnt so good, so I wouldnt have my hopes up, though I was never to hyped for it personally. Not my style.y

Edit: Looks like the metacritic is 91, so thats pretty dang good. Let the hype commence.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

CDPR is the new Bethesda 🤣🤣

Crappy overrated open world "mature" buggy messes of filth they produce.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 sakaiXx

Interestingly, PCGamer gave it a 78/10

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I don't understand how the games transphobic its got transgender options this is a huge leap most games ignore them completely even the most politically correct sjw games last of us 2 didn't have any trans stuff.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#244 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19609 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Gamespot already made the GTA V review about PC and Social Justice.

The worst part of that review is that they still ended up giving that trash game a 9/10... a few points higher than it deserves.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 xantufrog  Moderator

@hardwenzen: oh man, that comments section...

Makes us look civilized up in here

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By hardwenzen

Just a spicy comment from the comments section 😊

"Seriously though... Why is this Pokemon idiot reviewing Cyberpunk? Is the rest of the staff sick with COVID?!"

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#247 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

@ProtossRushX: It's all about how its presented.

For example, no one would say a movie showing slaves doing work for slave owners is pro-abolitionist simply for showing slaves. Representation is about positive examples, not negative.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1004 Posts

So do we all agree that metacritic is the only legit source for scores and not gamespot? Also a couple things to note. There will be a day one patch, this game had limited performance from denuvo, there will be updated drivers. Best advice I can give is to wait a few days and see how it performs and there might be another patch after that.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#249 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I'm surprised they haven't locked it, though I suppose it keeps traffic flowing.

This is probably one of the few times Gamespot can get traffic (as represented by comments) comparable to any random IGN article in a decade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Willy105 said:

@ProtossRushX: It's all about how its presented.

For example, no one would say a movie showing slaves doing work for slave owners is pro-abolitionist simply for showing slaves. Representation is about positive examples, not negative.

How are they supposed to show "positive examples" of anything in a dystopian society like CP? It's similar to the GTA V review when the journalist said there were no positive examples of women, but it's GTA--a series were EVERYONE is portrayed in a negative light on purpose.