Cyberpunk 2077 is near the release day and what better way to get all hype now! GS Reviews gives it 7/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Deus Ex rip off anyway.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I was kind-of anticipating that due to the delays and reports of massive bugs. However I do expect CDPR to fix all that very soon, I don't plan on playing this until well into 2021 anyways.

I do have to say though, considering those bugs, I simply cannot take seriously any source that gave this game a 10/10.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#103 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Eh. Every game has outlier reviews, and considering both Metacritic and Opencritic consensus are currently in the 90s, this seems to be one of those. Statistics and individual tastes.

Much more concerned about the bugs, though. Might have to hold off for a few patches before jumping in. Maybe even until after I get my RTX 3070 and Samsung 970 Pro SSD, even though I had a different game in mind to celebrate the upgrade...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

From Carolyn Petite at Polygon (formerly Gamespot)

“For elements like the inescapable dehumanization of trans people on imagery throughout the city to function as any kind of critique of transphobia, the game itself would need to create tension around those images by showing us humanized trans people navigating that world. But it doesn’t. The result is a game in which transphobic players (of which there will be many) can just laugh at us by using the character creator to generate models they consider worthy of mockery and derision and by gagging at the Chromanticure ads they see everywhere, or perhaps by fetishizing the model while continuing to see trans people as objects of desire but not as full human beings. Meanwhile, we trans players are left wanting in its world for depictions that humanize us.”

Then go look at resetera. They currently aren’t allowing discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 unless it’s one of two threads discussing the games transphobic issues.

What the hell is going on?

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Said it before and will say it again. Overhyped game from an overrated developer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#106 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

I do have to say though, considering those bugs, I simply cannot take seriously any source that gave this game a 10/10.

Yea, agree with that.

Even a cursory glance at gameplay it didn't exactly impress. Especially coming off the likes of "Until You Fall" where it felt like a genuine step forward for melee.

Not take the review itself seriously. Basically a meme at this point where she has a spinno-lotto ball machine for "political reason I dislike this game".

Think the reviews proclaiming this second coming are most likely equally full of shit.

Still pick this up at some point, and no doubt have fun, but it was never a run-out-and-buy type deal.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2044 Posts

Other big sites gave it a 9-10. I'm sure this game is great. Gamespot trying hard to be the Simon Cowell of game reviews

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@ocinom said:

Said it before and will say it again. Overhyped game from an overrated developer.

Only an incel would hate a game project like this.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@uninspiredcup: This. I still expect to have lots of fun with that game and am still looking forward to it but in no way am I expecting this to be the best thing ever.

@goldenelementxl: Some people simply thrive on bitching and moaning while others need a safe space.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#110 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69930 Posts

Doesn't look like my type of game. The production values are insane though. With that said, there are many games that score low that I enjoyed significantly more than the 9-10s like The Witcher 3.

I hope the game lives up to the expectations of the folks who are looking forward to it. In the meantime, I will be playing Immortals Fenyx Rising. 😎

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts
@Vaasman said:

GS as always is fucking desperate for traffic.

Not really sure if i'm playing devil's advocate here, but game-breaking bugs and glitches undermine gameplay a lot. I mean, being repeatedly frustrated ain't no fun xD.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

7 is a good score. I actually prefer that to a 9 or 10. Games that get 9s or 10s tend to be good, but they never excel in one area, and they take no risks. They're "sure things" and sure things are boring.

It's important to remember that Kallie Plagge reviewed this game, and she tends to view offensive content as a negative and scores the game to reflect that. No disrespect intended, of course; it's just important to know your reviewer in order to be a informed consumer.

The game was also a pre-release build without the large 40+GB patch, so the technical issues will soon be ironed out.

As I said in another post, I am not sure what the hurry was on this review.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#113 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

@blamix said:

Other big sites gave it a 9-10. I'm sure this game is great. Gamespot trying hard to be the Simon Cowell of game reviews

I actually think it's the opposite. I don't trust any review site that gives out a 10. Gotta be a really good reason.

...and the negative points in the GS review are probably valid points against the game.

I bet you we see a 'Director's Cut' of this game next year at some point. The way CDPR wanted the game to be before they committed to an unrealistic release date.

They should have just delayed it until next year. Seems more like everyone wants the game to be good, so the the reviews reflect that. Give it a few months and the honeymoon will be over - then we will see people's true opinions of the game.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#114 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9873 Posts

This game will be amazing.... sometime around easter 🐣! I understand they needed those X-mas sales, whatever. I’m sure CDPR will work hard to get it right eventually. They did a lot of free fixes for TW3.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ocinom

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

Simp all you want. Flop is a Flop

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ocinom
@Pedro said:

Doesn't look like my type of game. The production values are insane though. With that said, there are many games that score low that I enjoyed significantly more than the 9-10s like The Witcher 3.

I hope the game lives up to the expectations of the folks who are looking forward to it. In the meantime, I will be playing Immortals Fenyx Rising. 😎

You'll be playing the better game then. Great taste I must say.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

7/10 for a very buggy but great game. Bugs they can fix. So the score can only go higher.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#118 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

going by GS review score? yea its a mega flop.

going by MC? 91 after 42 reviews, pretty much what people expected.

I suspect most people will take the aggregate score over the single score from a review essentially complaining its not woke enough.

I'll be waiting to play the game later this week to judge for myself

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

I just hope the performance is good, that's literally all that matters for me: that I can play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

7/10 for cyberpunk eh?

That reviewer is gonna pay for this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@with_teeth26 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

I suspect most people will take the aggregate score over the single score from a review essentially complaining its not woke enough.

Don't waste your time with his ilk, he's a sjw toting the flag for the alt left progressives. 'All hail TLou2 and down with CDPR' types.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

“For elements like the inescapable dehumanization of trans people on imagery throughout the city to function as any kind of critique of transphobia, the game itself would need to create tension around those images by showing us humanized trans people navigating that world. But it doesn’t. The result is a game in which transphobic players (of which there will be many) can just laugh at us by using the character creator to generate models they consider worthy of mockery and derision and by gagging at the Chromanticure ads they see everywhere, or perhaps by fetishizing the model while continuing to see trans people as objects of desire but not as full human beings. Meanwhile, we trans players are left wanting in its world for depictions that humanize us.”

Then go look at resetera. They currently aren’t allowing discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 unless it’s one of two threads discussing the games transphobic issues.

People don't know how to ignore or tolerate what they don't like anymore.

One transphobic person "abuses the character creator" and suddenly it ruins it for the trans community because it's not a perfect system. Oh, the horror. So what? Who is this transphobic person and why do you care so much about them? **** 'em! Move on. Enjoy the game.

Which is the whole conundrum with SJW movements; they want an ideal, perfect world and frankly that is unobtainable. Not to mention boring and oppressive.

Sorry but you gotta take this world for what it is, warts and all. And that includes games.

Ironically, this game is about a future dystopia filled with all kinds of crime and terrible people, and frankly with all these extremists saying "Do this, not that" we are going in that direction. Every reaction has an opposite reaction (or however it goes) and every time someone says "you can't do that" someone else says "**** you, yes I can, and now I am going to do it in the most offensive way just to spite you". So maybe stop telling people what they can and can't do?

So, again I say....let it go. There are assholes in the world and there's nothing we can do about it. Except, of course, ignore them and live our lives.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45292 Posts

Has a 91 on metacritic, so it looks like a pretty solid game. I was already planning on waiting for the PS5 version, so at least bugs will hopefully be squashed by then. Now I'm thinking about waiting for the GOTY edition 🤔

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ocinom

@briguyb13 said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

Don't waste your time with his ilk, he's a sjw toting the flag for the alt left progressives. 'All hail TLou2 and down with CDPR' types.

ohhh, SJW bad..... They ruin the industry. .....LoUs2 is pandering. Still a better game though and not a 7.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#125 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69930 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

People don't know how to ignore or tolerate what they don't like anymore.

One transphobic person "abuses the character creator" and suddenly it ruins it for the trans community because it's not a perfect system. Oh, the horror.

Which is the whole conundrum with SJW movements; they want an ideal, perfect world and frankly that is unobtainable. Not to mention boring and oppressive.

Sorry but you gotta take this world for what it is, warts and all. And that includes games.

Ironically, this game is about a future dystopia filled with all kinds of crime and terrible people, and frankly with all these extremists saying "Do this, not that" we are going in that direction. Every reaction has an opposite reaction (or however it goes) and every time someone says "you can't do that" someone else says "**** you, yes I can, and now I am going to do it in the most offensive way just to spite you". So maybe stop telling people what they can and can't do?

So, again I say....let it go. There are assholes in the world and there's nothing we can do about it.

Its never a good idea to base the views of entire groups based on a select few. Just saying. 😊

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11648 Posts

@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

ohhh, SJW bad..... They ruin the industry. .....LoUs2 is pandering. Still a better game though and not a 7.

Goodness, you're more edgy than CP77.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

'orange man bad' 'cdpr bad' .

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ocinom

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

Ask for a recount. The review is rigged. Make CPDR great again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

I'm a Biden man, and don't wear my political sundries to video game parties. Keep fighting the good fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Every review I’ve read so far mentions this,

“There's one ad in particular that was the topic of much discussion pre-release; it features a feminine person with a giant, exaggerated, veiny erection in their leotard and advertises a drink called Chromanticore with the tagline "mix it up."

What does pre-release outrage have to do with critically reviewing the game?

And then Kallie, much like Carolyn, goes into full rage-bait mode.

“The result is that there's a fetishization of trans people at every turn, in a game with only one very minor trans character (that I found, at least) and no way to play as an authentically trans character yourself.”

Looking at the “The Bad” breakdown at then end is just as frustrating. They want this game to be something socially, and are knocking it for not being that... This is another example of “games are art” vs “make the game that represents me in the way I want or I’m gonna publicly trash it” that we’ve seen from games journalist as of late. They need to pick one.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ocinom

@briguyb13:

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

I'm a Biden man, and don't wear my political sundries to video game parties. Keep fighting the good fight.

and yet you bring up sjw's and alt left. Nice try

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ocinom said:

@briguyb13:

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

You fail because you think anyone who disagrees with your woke philosophy 'has to be alt right'. Moderate democrats (like Biden) and centrists (most of Americans) disagree with your extremist views. Your kind is a loud minority of armchair liars, nothing more. Go cry moar on twitter.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

SJWs don't like this game?

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Gamespot Karen is offended and gives a 7/10. Look at her articles lol. She should stick to Pokémon, Mario cart, animal crossing.

Can’t wait for her fifa and madden review🙄

Gamespot Days Gone review By KalliePlagge😂🤣😂🤣Plaggehttps://www.gamespot.com/reviews/days-gone-review-farewell-oregon/1900-6417130/

Articles by Kallie:

https://www.gamespot.com/profile/kallie/content/

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ocinom

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

@briguyb13:

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

You fail because you think anyone who disagrees with your woke philosophy 'has to be alt right'. Moderate democrats (like Biden) and centrists (most of Americans) disagree with your extremist views. Your kind is a loud minority of armchair liars, nothing more. Go cry moar on twitter.

What extremist view are you talking about? Explain your useless views elsewhere. No one needs to read what you have to say. Cyberflop still a 7 though

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@Sollet said:

Uh... Flop of the generation?

it currently having 90mc and considering shit like Anthem etc, are you serious?

lel are you saying Anthem had bigger hype going for it than this game?

That said, I will be picking it up on PC anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ocinom: 7 is still a good score despite your agenda, child.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ocinom

@briguyb13 said:

@ocinom: 7 is still a good score despite your agenda, child.

Not for an overhyped game, grandpa

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#140 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:

lads, please take this garbage to the political forums

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#141 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@seba20007 said:

Karen at gamespot is offended and gives a 7/10. Look at her articles lol. She should stick to Pokémon, Mario cart, animal crossing.

This is actually a good thing. This game is going to get more publicity now.

Let the butthurt flow.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18256 Posts

I was ready to hate on the review ... but i couldn't. My only true gripe is that it doesn't sound like a 7, it definitely sounds like an 8 in the written review, but i can see where Kallie is going.

This is one of the biggest Open World games issues, you have either meaningless side quests, or disappointing main story, Cyberpunk for all the great things it seems to offer, main quest seems a bit lackluster, which i don't think is bad since the game it's going to be huge.

The SJW was bad, but is to be expected in this day and age, but luckly doesn't get that much in the way of the review, at least not as much as i thought.

Anyway, sad to see it flop on GS, but i'm still pretty excited for the game.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ocinom

@with_teeth26 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ocinom said:

lads, please take this garbage to the political forums

Don't look at me. Biden boomer started calling me sjw and extremist left.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ocinom said:

Don't look at me. Biden boomer started calling me sjw and extremist left.

I knew it, you're a jcrame alt. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Annnnnnd I just read the Kotaku review. That was something else... Its written by Riley MacLeod, and sober, trans man (that’s how they identify in the article). They describe their issue with playing as a trans man (male appearance with female organs) acting out penetration during the sex scenes,

“ My V has a vagina and goes by “he,” but the game doesn’t seem to acknowledge that he’s a trans man; characters occasionally make reference to his (censored) or (censored), though this could just as easily be metaphorical. In some scenes with hireable sex workers of different genders, I appeared to penetrate them—certainly possible, but with no indication that my character doesn’t have a biological (censored). At one point a character made mention of the “mess” that is my V’s hormones, but I’m not sure if this is a reference to his body or something that would be said anyway.”

And then stuff like this,

“I could easily see the trans character’s appearance and voice being played for laughs. Of course, there was no option to rush up to the trans woman and say “I’m trans, too!” Both characters fell silent and didn’t have any more dialogue.”

“Personally, the trans content I’ve seen so far didn’t deeply offend me, but that’s my own stomach for such things. But I’m not necessarily interested in knowing what a game studio thinks about my existence; I don’t need Cyberpunk—or any game—to tell me about myself. Still, I don’t think I’m alone in wishing the game were doing better with the identities it portrays, and I understand anyone who feels like they just don’t have the energy for this shit”

I know I don’t have the energy for this shit. I need to take a break...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@goldenelementxl: yikes!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#147  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I don’t have the energy for this shit. I need to take a break...

Pretty good summery of gaming now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@uninspiredcup: The range of takes from these reviews is dizzying. We go from there’s a ton of bugs and the mainline story is kinda short from some publications, to my trans male character is doing the wrong stuff with the sex workers.

Like everything else in this world, what was once an escape from the real world has been weaponized and politicized. (I thought the anthem shit with the NFL was bad...) Inclusion should be celebrated in gaming. But we’ve gone from one extreme to the other in such a short period of time, and the coverage of the hobby is off the rails. It’s pure madness at this point.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#149 pixieValerie  Online
Member since 2019 • 362 Posts

I lost any interest in playing, don't really want to support a transphobic game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

7 is a good score. I actually prefer that to a 9 or 10. Games that get 9s or 10s tend to be good, but they never excel in one area, and they take no risks. They're "sure things" and sure things are boring.

It's important to remember that Kallie Plagge reviewed this game, and she tends to view offensive content as a negative and scores the game to reflect that. No disrespect intended, of course; it's just important to know your reviewer in order to be a informed consumer.

The game was also a pre-release build without the large 40+GB patch, so the technical issues will soon be ironed out.

As I said in another post, I am not sure what the hurry was on this review.

This is probably the best comment I seen so far. Kallie is entitle to her opinion on reviewing CP2077 and I respect her opinion but won't say anything bad, I know what I'm getting myself into and I don't need a reviewer telling me otherwise. Reviews are always going be an opinion on the game. Nothing more/less. A 7/10 is still a good score, I'm still looking forward playing it ASAP!!! (Still keeping my expectations in check)