Could the Xbox One possible catch the PlayStation 4 this holiday season?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Poll Could the Xbox One possible catch the PlayStation 4 this holiday season? (187 votes)

Yes 6%
Highly Likely 3%
Likely 6%
Neutral 7%
Unlikely 9%
Highly Unlikely 16%
No 54%

Judging from previous Halo sales and them being a colossal success, the amount of Xbox abandoners who left the Xbox brand for Sony who might get the itch to come back, a limited edition Halo 5 Xbox One releasing, plus the other blockbuster games releasing for the holidays...

Are these things enough of a carrot for this system to come close to nearing or catching up with the PlayStation 4?

What are your thoughts?

• 
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

@davem1992 said:

@nyadc: Christ you're a moron.

Yup

He also believed it was a good for MS to release MCC as a broken mess.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@davem1992 said:

He makes fun of mentally challenged children too.

He was making fun of you?

Nope, I posted my White collar job in your thread. I dont do manual labor, how about you? :D

I do it because I enjoy it, sitting around on your ass all day is boring, not to mention time crawls and I likely make as much if not more money than you.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

So it is a consensus of Systemwars that current gen 8 console leader SONY with the world's most powerful video game console the PS4 will not be caught.

Interesting.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Chutebox

@Zero_epyon said:
@lostrib said:
@nyadc said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@nyadc said:

You don't seem to understand what irony is, it's a statue, it's meant to be looked at, not played with. This is literally the exact opposite function of a console and was purchased for that purpose...

Irony is the guy with the doll collection talking like he's a PUA.

Yeah because they're dolls and I'm talking like a pickup artist

Do you practice your pickup lines on the dolls?

Too much lol

Nah, just right

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#205 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@nyadc said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@lostrib said:
@nyadc said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@nyadc said:

You don't seem to understand what irony is, it's a statue, it's meant to be looked at, not played with. This is literally the exact opposite function of a console and was purchased for that purpose...

Irony is the guy with the doll collection talking like he's a PUA.

Three cases of 'doll' envy confirmed.

You should inflate your lady friend for the next gameroom update.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Heil68

@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@davem1992 said:

Nope, I posted my White collar job in your thread. I dont do manual labor, how about you? :D

I do it because I enjoy it, sitting around on your ass all day is boring, not to mention time crawls and I likely make as much if not more money than yGolly that's a lot of moneyou.

Good gravy thats a lot of money!!!!

I manage to get by, somehow someway. :D

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By NyaDC

@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@davem1992 said:

I do it because I enjoy it, sitting around on your ass all day is boring, not to mention time crawls and I likely make as much if not more money than yGolly that's a lot of moneyou.

When we wrap ducting and pipes it's even more, state funded prevailing wage is the only way to work.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Heil68

@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:
@davem1992 said:

When we wrap ducting and pipes it's even more, state funded prevailing wage is the only way to work.

My wife makes more than me, she's s financial planner. I got a sugar mama. :D

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By NyaDC

@Heil68 said:

Haha that's funny. That's such a big misconception man, people think that manual labor equates to less pay, I'm making more than an average 10 year vested IT professional, no doubt.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Heil68

@nyadc said:
@Heil68 said:

Haha that's funny. That's such a big misconception man, people think that manual labor equates to less pay, I'm making more than an average 10 year vested IT professional, no doubt.

As a whole I think it does, but there are certainly exception, especially with unions. But on the other hand I make more than my brother who has worked in a factory and is union and another who forks for the City in another state.

I guess it all depends on where you land.

I love my job though. I'm gad you do too.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Do people not realize how far behind the xboxone is from the ps4? If sony stop selling ps4s (sold zero a month) and xbox sold the same at last year, they still would be millions of units short of a tie by the end of the year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#212 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol no

never ever

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It could.....and it could rain in LA for a whole week straight this month....or some dude in Oklahoma could build his own rocket and go to the moon.

So excellent thread....we should speculate on all sorts of things that "could" happen.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@Vatusus said:

lol no

never ever

Apparently it did caught up for April in the US. But X1 has still long way before it totally catches up world wide.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#215  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@nyadc said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@lostrib said:
@nyadc said:

Three cases of 'doll' envy confirmed.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm definitely not envious of your doll collection.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By NyaDC

@daious said:

Do people not realize how far behind the xboxone is from the ps4? If sony stop selling ps4s (sold zero a month) and xbox sold the same at last year, they still would be millions of units short of a tie by the end of the year.

How far behind is it? They've got to of sold roughly 15 million by now and they're going to absolutely slaughter Sony from September through the new year when the fall exclusive releases start hitting and holidays come into play, especially considering Sony has drought on the board for the rest of 2015.

I don't think they're as far behind as they're made out to be and in the next seven months I can see at least 6-8 million units being sold.

The Xbox One is beginning to hit its stride.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@daious said:

That's obvious to nearly everyone, but math really isn't the OP's strong point.

Dolls, yes. Math, no.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@nyadc said:
@daious said:

How far behind is it? They've got to of sold roughly 15 million by now and they're going to absolutely slaughter Sony from September through the new year when the fall exclusive releases start hitting and holidays come into play, especially considering Sony has drought on the board for the rest of 2015.

I don't think they're as far behind as they're made out to be and in the next seven months I can see at least 6-8 million units being sold.

They are roughly 9-10 million behind WW. The rate that they are selling shows that the gap hasn't changed much at all in the last few months. Maybe slightly larger in PS4 favor.

They would have to sell 9-10 million in 6 months with Sony selling 0 units in 6 months for them to tie. They would have to sell as much as they did last year in half the amount of time with Sony selling nothing.How in the world will that happen? That isn't even a realistic scenario.

If Sony sells half the amount they did in the second half of this year (from last year) in these next 6 months, MS would have to sell 13-15 million to tie in 6 months. That is faster than any console ever. Faster than the Wii in even less amount of time.

It is beyond the realm of reason that they can catch up this year. Even if they magically sell the 8 million you are suggesting, they would still be 1-2 million behind in the magical scenario that PS4 sells zero consoles in the next 6 months.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#219  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:
@Vatusus said:

lol no

never ever

Apparently it did caught up for April in the US. But X1 has still long way before it totally catches up world wide.

Oh, it won a month in US, congratulations. Now if only it could sell consistently better in the rest of the world it maybe could have a chance, but having in mind they're losing in pretty much every market in the world but US I dont see it catching up never ever

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:
@Vatusus said:

lol no

never ever

It closed a ~700K gap by only 13K. No catching up yet.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@nyadc said:
@daious said:

So you think the US alone will make the Xbox One win the gen? Or even come close?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#222 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@nyadc said:
@daious said:

Gotta love the Xbots making up fake numbers again.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@daious said:

They are roughly 9-10 million behind WW. The rate that they are selling shows that the gap hasn't changed much at all in the last few months. Maybe slightly larger in PS4 favor.

They would have to sell 9-10 million in 6 months with Sony selling 0 units in 6 months for them to tie. They would have to sell as much as they did last year in half the amount of time with Sony selling nothing.How in the world will that happen? That isn't even a realistic scenario.

If Sony sells half the amount they did in the second half of this year (from last year) in these next 6 months, MS would have to sell 13-15 million to tie in 6 months. That is faster than any console ever. Faster than the Wii in even less amount of time.

It is beyond the realm of reason that they can catch up this year. Even if they magically sell the 8 million you are suggesting, they would still be 1-2 million behind in the magical scenario that PS4 sells zero consoles in the next 6 months.

Don't bother. You're not the first to point any of that out. He's a bad troll...

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

dudebro's think halo is system seller .

masterchief is already old school just like mario as you can see wii-u is still dead 3rd place and nintendo pretty much have tons more icons!

ps4 is the boss now

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 NyaDC

@lglz1337 said:

masterchief is already old school just like mario as you can see wii-u is still dead 3rd place and nintendo pretty much have tons more icons!

ps4 is the boss now

Halo not a system seller?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By lglz1337

@nyadc said:
@lglz1337 said:

ps4 is the boss now

Halo not a system seller?

everything mario is also system seller, but wii-u is dead

gamers got tired of the same shit you only see on XposBone and Wii-u, we want new stuff

everything is ps4 now with TLG announcement at e3 ;)

ps: i knew about GGames horizon way before announcement just for the record....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#227 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@lglz1337 said:
gamers got tired of the same shit you only see on XposBone and Wii-u, we want new stuff

Lol you want new stuff? Like Uncharted 4, or another Killzone?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By lglz1337
@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:

ND>>>>>>343i

and wh's making another killzne ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@lglz1337 said:
@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:

ND>>>>>>343i

Killzone was a launch game for the PS4... And lol comparing ND with 343i is on its own already ridiculous... There's a 23 year difference between them, but keep feeding that insecurity though.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By lglz1337

@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:
@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:

ND>>>>>>343i

Killzone was a launch game for the PS4... And lol comparing ND with 343i is on its own already ridiculous... There's a 23 year difference between them, but keep feeding that insecurity though.

you said another killzone... there is none so stfu

and yes ND making gold as always

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@nyadc said:
@daious said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

They haven't ship 15 million let alone sold them to consumer like sony.

The PS4 has a nice game of round 10 million...lol

The PS4 destroyed the xbox one on September 2014,even that MS was giving away FREEEEEEEEEE Destiny while sony was bundling it and charging extra for it..hahaha

The xbox one games don't start to hit like until October,basically the console has shit to play from January 1 to October what the fu** that is a 9 month drought with nothing to play and you say the PS4 has nothing for the rest of 2015.? Now links i want some links stated that all PS4 games have been cancel because that is the only way your biased ass argument would make sense.

Rime

The Tomorrow Children.

No Man Sky.

Everybody Gone to Rapture.

Persona 5 (yeah i believe it will hit)

Drawn to Death

Fat Princes

Until Down

Hellblade

And rumored Uncharted collection which would be a big counter for Gears collection.

Basically you have prove my point i tag you as a lemming the moment i saw you post and damn i am good you are one and from the worse,again have a nice time proving the PS4 has a Drought the rest of 2015..lol

A better question is what have you play until now on xbox one and what will you play until September 31 that isn't on PS4 as well on superior form..lol

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Chutebox

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@daious said:

The gap is only widening.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#233 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No, they won't

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@lglz1337 said:
@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:
@FastRobby said:
@lglz1337 said:

ND>>>>>>343i

you said another killzone... there is none so stfu

and yes ND making gold as always

It was about the complete library, try to keep up kiddo ;)

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#235 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Anything is possible, doesn't matter to me though

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#236  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@slim70 said:

Very unlikely. A 10 million + sales gap is too large to cover in such a short time. However, I believe that the XBO could catch the PS4 by the end of this gen if MS creates some new IP's and continues to take advantage of their current big exclusives. PS3 did it why not the XBO? Only a PS fanboy would say that it isn't possible.

What makes you think that only a PS fanboy would say it isnt possible ? I say its IMPOSSIBLE ( with caps) . Only Xbox fanboys would say it is possible imho.

I can tell you alot of reasons why this will NEVER EVER happen. You have x360 barely win vs PS3 when PS3 had myriad of problems and Sony on the verge of bankruptcy while it had a whole year more in the market and huge momentum on exclusives ( specially for 3-4 years ) AND multis ( they even won otherwise classic PS exclusives as multis ( FF , Tekken etc )).

Now that PS4 has the upper hand you think Xbox 1 has any chance ? You out of your mind if you beleive this is possible and that makes you a fanboy instead. Specially when you know beforehand that Sony is the only company ever existed console wise , that providing great games for their systems constantly thru the years UP to next-gen. For X1 to even think to catch PS4 they need to keep releasing HALO every single year and cut the price by at least 150$ while PS4 do nothing about it. Yes , then maybe but that wont ever happen.

Keep dreaming all im saying. Barely won last gen vs a super problematic product like PS3 in every single way and you still have hopes ? pfff... you never learn

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@inb4uall said:

Probably. It seems a lot of people are buying xbones on accident.

http://www.cnet.com/news/watch-how-easy-it-is-to-accidentally-order-an-xbox-one-through-your-apple-watch/

Well, that was awesome.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

Very unlikely. A 10 million + sales gap is too large to cover in such a short time. However, I believe that the XBO could catch the PS4 by the end of this gen if MS creates some new IP's and continues to take advantage of their current big exclusives. PS3 did it why not the XBO? Only a PS fanboy would say that it isn't possible.

What makes you think that only a PS fanboy would say it isnt possible ? I say its IMPOSSIBLE ( with caps) . Only Xbox fanboys would say it is possible imho.

I can tell you alot of reasons why this will NEVER EVER happen. You have x360 barely win vs PS3 when PS3 had myriad of problems and Sony on the verge of bankruptcy while it had a whole year more in the market and huge momentum on exclusives ( specially for 3-4 years ) AND multis ( they even won otherwise classic PS exclusives as multis ( FF , Tekken etc )).

Now that PS4 has the upper hand you think Xbox 1 has any chance ? You out of your mind if you beleive this is possible and that makes you a fanboy instead. Specially when you know beforehand that Sony is the only company ever existed console wise , that providing great games for their systems constantly thru the years UP to next-gen. For X1 to even think to catch PS4 they need to keep releasing HALO every single year and cut the price by at least 150$ while PS4 do nothing about it. Yes , then maybe but that wont ever happen.

Keep dreaming all im saying. Barely won last gen vs a super problematic product like PS3 in every single way and you still have hopes ? pfff... you never learn

So you're pretending that you're not a PS fanboy? lol ok. I don't want to argue around in circles with a meathead I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. smh.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#239 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

So you're pretending that you're not a PS fanboy? lol ok. I don't want to argue around in circles with a meathead I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. smh.

Actually im not , the last PS console i own was back in 2000 with PS2. I dont own PS3 let alone PS4. I was one of the most harsh critics of PS3 , specially after that overhype and promises never kept let alone many other things . Back then i was the lem/Sony hater just because i was speaking the truth.

Now im the Ps fanboy , the cow.

Whatever !! I can tell you 100 reasons why that wont happen ... the only thing you can come up with is ... PS3 made it why not X1 ... lol. And that isnt fanboyistic statement ? Dream on lem !

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 tormentos

@slim70 said:

The PS3 had Japan and Mainland EU,the xbox 360 US and UK,Mainland EU + Japan >>> US + UK that is why the PS3 catch the 360,the xbox one behind the PS4 every where it doesn't have a market to make the gap from.

Have a nice time waiting for the XBO to catch the PS4..lol

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 slim70

@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

Actually im not , the last PS console i own was back in 2000 with PS2. I dont own PS3 let alone PS4. I was one of the most harsh critics of PS3 , specially after that overhype and promises never kept let alone many other things . Back then i was the lem/Sony hater just because i was speaking the truth.

Now im the Ps fanboy , the cow.

Whatever !! I can tell you 100 reasons why that wont happen ... the only thing you can come up with is ... PS3 made it why not X1 ... lol. And that isnt fanboyistic statement ? Dream on lem !

Ok whatever. lol

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By slim70

@tormentos said:
@slim70 said:

The PS3 had Japan and Mainland EU,the xbox 360 US and UK,Mainland EU + Japan >>> US + UK that is why the PS3 catch the 360,the xbox one behind the PS4 every where it doesn't have a market to make the gap from.

Have a nice time waiting for the XBO to catch the PS4..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 tormentos

@slim70 said:

So you now advertise your self when you enter treads.?

Let me give you a little example the XBO won this April NPD by 13k,the PS4 in Japan in 1 week alone sold 17+K vs the xbox one 200+ units not even 1K man,so if you joint both sales the PS4 actually beat the xbox one by 4 IN April and that is using 1 week of sales of japan where the PS4 sales aren't that great,so you see my shill friend is impossible for the xbox one to catch the PS4 like the PS3 did with the 360,now it is up to you to accept it as the truth and live with that reality i sincerely hope you can.

My best wishes for you.

Att. Tormentos :)

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 slim70

@tormentos said:
@slim70 said:

Let me give you a little example the XBO won this April NPD by 13k,the PS4 in Japan in 1 week alone sold 17+K vs the xbox one 200+ units not even 1K man,so if you joint both sales the PS4 actually beat the xbox one by 4 IN April and that is using 1 week of sales of japan where the PS4 sales aren't that great,so you see my shill friend is impossible for the xbox one to catch the PS4 like the PS3 did with the 360,now it is up to you to accept it as the truth and live with that reality i sincerely hope you can.

My best wishes for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

Why do people even give a shit? Both consoles are very successful! Just enjoy both or whichever you prefer!

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

X1 has system sellers for gamers like Forza 6, Halo 5, Rise of the Tombraider and Gears of War remaster

PS4 has system sellers for Weeaboo gamers and Movie fans like Disgaea 4, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Warriors and Until Dawn

I think X1 will catch up

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Isnt the difference over 10 million? can MS really sell 10 million or so units by Holiday this year? lol no

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Sony only got the lead because of Japan, once Halo 5 comes out X1 will be unbeatable in the US and Europe, Sony ain't got the price advantage anymore and they have the worst exclusives, I've heard that Sony is even going to be treating third party games like first party in a desperate attempt to stay on top

Halo 5 is coming, let the hype begin

Loading Video...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Chutebox

@shibua said:

Sony only got the lead because of Japan, once Halo 5 comes out X1 will be unbeatable in the US and Europe, Sony ain't got the price advantage anymore and they have the worst exclusives, I've heard that Sony is even going to be treating third party games like first party in a desperate attempt to stay on top

Halo 5 is coming, let the hype begin

Fucking lol. Thanks

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Chutebox

@tormentos said:
@slim70 said:

My best wishes for you.

If you haven't noticed, and i haven't read your guys discussion, he always posts only a picture or three words in a reply when he has nothing. Then won't respond