"Sonic and the Black Knight" Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#251 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I don't think it looks that good at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#252 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts
Pessimism FTW!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#253 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

Pessimism FTW!!Hyper_Hedgehog

more like realism. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 deactivated-59be76f5a5388

[QUOTE="Hyper_Hedgehog"]Pessimism FTW!!whoozwah

more like realism. 

Pessimism is realism.

So therefore...

Pessimism FTW!!

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#255 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

We shouldn't be seeing anything out of those two for a while yet, although I wish that wasn't the case.

GameSpot's track record isn't perfect, mind you. X360/PS3 version of Unleashed received a 3.5/10, the lowest professional score given to it, according to Metacritic. I've never played the game on either of the platforms, but I can't imagine it would deserve a rating THAT poor. For now, I'll just stick with our score, 7/10. ;)

-SpikyBlueHero-

I think the 7 for the 360/PS3 versions is more accurate. I only played a demo, but it had no glitches and looked great. I already know the story and voicing from the PS2/Wii version. So I think the 3.5 was a bit harsh. Those versions canNOT be worse than Sonic 2006 or Shadow.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

[QUOTE="kjhg53"]Well I got the game and I'd have to say it's not that bad. Not saying it's good but it's not a 3.9 but more like a 6 or a 7. The spped of the game is faster then you think and it's kind of simply to blow past what you think you have to stop and take out. But some of the missions like the one where you have to give rings away really slow you down. I've only played it for 2 hours and I'm at the final boss so it's not worth $50 but luckly I got it as a early birthday persent so I didn't waste my money on it. There is some mutiplayer which I have not tryed out but if it's anything like the boss fights then they should be easy if you just swing your Wii mote the hoel time. You do have to swing it a lot but I don't mind... But then again I played through all of Sonic Unleashed without useing my CG controller. one last thing the graphics are epic...kbaily

Well it's nice to hear someone being objective about this game and as of lately it feels like Sonic's been getting lower score than he deserves. It doesn't appear that either the 360/PS3 version of Unleashed or Black Knight were THAT bad, especially from a technical standpoint, they were worlds better than that glitchy bug fest of beastiality known as Sonic Next Gen, But what will probably prevent me from getting this right away is as you said, the game is short and I don't want to shell out $50 for something that can be beaten in a couple days and given it's lackluster multiplayer mode (ashame too that we finally get online multiplayer in a Sonic Wii game).

If you'd like, since none of the Officials here have played it, if you want to do a review for our collection, I think we'd like that.

Yeah I can do a review for it just give me a few days or something and I'll come up with it. It won't be the best review every cause I'm not that great at reviewing/giving points to the different sections but I'll try my best on it. I know about what I'm going to say but I just need tiem to write it which I'll have late Saturday night or Sunday.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#257 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="kjhg53"]Well I got the game and I'd have to say it's not that bad. Not saying it's good but it's not a 3.9 but more like a 6 or a 7. The spped of the game is faster then you think and it's kind of simply to blow past what you think you have to stop and take out. But some of the missions like the one where you have to give rings away really slow you down. I've only played it for 2 hours and I'm at the final boss so it's not worth $50 but luckly I got it as a early birthday persent so I didn't waste my money on it. There is some mutiplayer which I have not tryed out but if it's anything like the boss fights then they should be easy if you just swing your Wii mote the hoel time. You do have to swing it a lot but I don't mind... But then again I played through all of Sonic Unleashed without useing my CG controller. one last thing the graphics are epic...kjhg53

Well it's nice to hear someone being objective about this game and as of lately it feels like Sonic's been getting lower score than he deserves. It doesn't appear that either the 360/PS3 version of Unleashed or Black Knight were THAT bad, especially from a technical standpoint, they were worlds better than that glitchy bug fest of beastiality known as Sonic Next Gen, But what will probably prevent me from getting this right away is as you said, the game is short and I don't want to shell out $50 for something that can be beaten in a couple days and given it's lackluster multiplayer mode (ashame too that we finally get online multiplayer in a Sonic Wii game).

If you'd like, since none of the Officials here have played it, if you want to do a review for our collection, I think we'd like that.

Yeah I can do a review for it just give me a few days or something and I'll come up with it. It won't be the best review every cause I'm not that great at reviewing/giving points to the different sections but I'll try my best on it. I know about what I'm going to say but I just need tiem to write it which I'll have late Saturday night or Sunday.

Well take a look at our reviews to get an idea of the points we make and how our scale works and you don't have to be overly hilarous or sarcastic, as long as you can be objective. Then send it to either me or Sonicphc and we might put it up.

Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#258 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

I've played it, and from my experience, this game suffers severely from broken controls. Sonic never swings when or how I want him to. I've often died because of it. If they'd've provided an alternate control scheme (SEE: GC Controller), maybe it wouldn't've turned out so bad.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 kbaily

I've played it, and from my experience, this game suffers severely from broken controls. Sonic never swings when or how I want him to. I've often died because of it. If they'd've provided an alternate control scheme (SEE: GC Controller), maybe it wouldn't've turned out so bad.

Shadow_of_Kirby

I can't believe Sega didn't have an option GC control for this game. Didn't they learn from Red Steel that Wiimote based swordplay just doesn't work?

Also GS put their review up and it was 4.5 I believe. Mainly sighting a short game with frustrating controls.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Yeah the controls are not that great. When ever you say "Hit that" Sonic takes 5 seconds before he thinks about swinging his sword. But there are nice points to this game but you'll fidn yourself wanting to kill Sonic a lot of the times for killing himself...
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 kbaily

Here's Gametrailers review.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46663.html

I like that they mentioned that they actually liked the story because it didn't take itself too seriously and honestly that's the way Sonic should be. The big problem with Sonic Next Gen was that it was trying so hard to take itself seriously like some bad anime.

Also you gotta love that they threw in Sonic eating chili dogs at the intro there. Almost like Sega was throwing back to old fans who knew that Sonic liked eating chili dogs in the old cartoons. But that once again proves that this game was nothing more than fan service.

And they make the point that Sonic keeps trying to do everything except be Sonic. I don't know why Sega wants to throw in gimmicks like hoverboards, guns, swords and werehogs and instead just let Sonic do what he does best, run at high speeds through great platforming stages.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 chocolate1325
I think Gametrailers review was very fair.
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#263 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

I'd say they're trying to follow the money. And even if it fails, people will buy it, full price, and defend it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 deactivated-59be76f5a5388

I'd say they're trying to follow the money. And even if it fails, people will buy it, full price, and defend it.

Shadow_of_Kirby

Yeah, I know. Kinda makes me ashamed.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Cloud_765
It's staunch defenders of flops like Sonic 2006 and Shadow and the fans that write in to critics that give the respectable Sonic fans a bad name.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 kbaily

It's staunch defenders of flops like Sonic 2006 and Shadow and the fans that write in to critics that give the respectable Sonic fans a bad name.Cloud_765

Well at least Sega admitted that Sonic Next Gen was bad and said they were forced to shove out an unfinished product in time for the holiday season and the PS3 launch. Hence the fanboys couldn't really defend that one anymore. I mean if the developers thought it was sh-- who are we to argue.

Now if they'd just admit that Shadow's game was a mistake, we could finally put that debate to rest.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 chocolate1325
This was just another excuse to make more money from the Sonic franchise.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Cloud_765

It's failing miserably.

Wow, don't wanna get off topic, but Chocolate has 17000 posts. Getting a little dizzy.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 kbaily
This game is out now and most of us don't seem to care that much about it so I'm unsticky-ing it.
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#270 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

Well, thats the end of this discussion, rather anticlimatically i'm afraid.

as Monty Python put it, always look on the bright side of life, in other words, anyone for a round of Sonic 2?

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#271 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

This thread's been dead for nearly three months. No need to resurrect it. ;)