"Sonic and the Black Knight" Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#201 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

sonic battles online...maybe I'll just keep score.

Now RACING otoh... 

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#203 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that was the video you intended to show us (Despite the Sonic team quip :-P )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that was the video you intended to show us (Despite the Sonic team quip :-P )sonicphc

kbaily isn't a fan of the preview button :P 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#205 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
My computer has been acting weird lately. I'll copy a link from a site and post it but when I hit "enter" to space down, the link will change to a previous one. Why, it's doing this I don't know. Anyway I deleted that post. The Shadow Knight trailer is a Gametrailers and I'm too lazy to find it again.
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

Reverse grip just suits him.

It looks awesome and still works efficiently.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 kbaily

Reverse grip just suits him.

It looks awesome and still works efficiently.

Shadow_of_Kirby

So Shadow's left handed? Actually being the ultamite lifeform he might be ambedextrious.

Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Shadow_of_Kirby
He still uses his right hand, he just holds the handle backwards. It's kind of hard to explain, but if he extended his arm, the blade would be pointing backwards. If he held it in front of his chest, the blade would be pointing to his right instead of his left, etc.
sbfullmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#209 sbfullmer
Member since 2004 • 2673 Posts
I understand what Shadow_of_kirby said. It's kind of like a pose sword, there are different kinds when you hold your sword. Actually, Imagine Sora kid (from Kingdom Hearts 2) holding, there are different poses in battle. And I talk to DizzyDennis and he played it at the NY cons, and he said it's pretty fun game. :D
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 kbaily

We have another new trailer from Japan here that shows some footage of Blaze, Shadow and Knuckles in their armor and more of Sonic running fast and smashing through baddies (that's good) as well as some footage of him talking to people (that's bad) and a glimpse of the mutliplayer mode.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46037.html

Looks like the little elfin girl is this game's Sharah. I just hope she and Sonic don't have romantic relations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Looks like the little elfin girl is this game's Sharah. I just hope she and Sonic don't have romantic relations.

kbaily

she will send him all the possible come on signals but he will be too dense to understand them, neither will 97% of the target demographic for this game. 

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#212 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
from what i saw for trailers, i think this game did some stuff to help all the fans, however another love story is not help. the gameplay looked decent except for some bosses. The official theme song has a line that goes "you've been waiting much too long"... I immediately thought 'for a good 3D Sonic game? Tell me about it.' lol... but seriously, i like how they added other playable characters, but in a way that it isn't forced. When I get a Wii, this game might be one I want.
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#213 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

I always laughed at how in Sonic Adventure when you talk to people they say, "What a nice day", instead of "OMG! a naked, talking Hedgehog!".

of course in this, Sharah (how can you prounounce that?) the elf will summon a being, a hedgehog will fall from the sky and she will scream in Sonic's left lobe "You are..... surprise, surprise..... THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!!!! :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

IGN review is up.

here

It's a bit fanboyish in a bad way. But you know what, kbaily called it. 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 kbaily

IGN review is up.

here

It's a bit fanboyish in a bad way. But you know what, kbaily called it.

whoozwah

I read the review and it is as I expected. At least the graphics are really nice and there is online multiplayer aspects for once. However remember all the things we loved about "Unleashed" day stages? Yeah. SatBK has none of that. What we hoped was a more refined Secret Rings minus frustrating Wii controls instead we get the bumpers, jumpers and loop-de-loops replaced with wave after wave of enemies and a slower Sonic and mindless waggling to hack through them. Oh and the camera goes back to being a swinging heffer, obstructing your view from time to time.

What's really sad is Sega does well when it comes to presentation, but seems to have no idea how to make competent gameplay. Really, we thought after Sonic Unleashed got so much right, Sega might have gotten it through their fat heads that all we want is Sonic Unleashed minus the werehog and that's the perfect 3D Sonic game. No friends, no swords, no stupid gimmicks. Just let Sonic run fast through great platforming stages.

Also given, Sega wasn't hyping this one as much as Unleashed so it's clear that this was no attempt at restarting Sonic and this was nothing more than a fan game. It will be another 2 years or so before Sega shows off the next "revival" of Sonic and for now we go back to spinoffs and fan games.

I don't know if I'll bother playing it or not. I've got other stuff to work on right now like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (VC) and World of Warcraft.

Though if you want a good laugh, read the fanboy reviews at IGN for this game who barely write anything except whiny complaints about how IGN hates Sonic and how they don't know basic math (though every review they state that it is not an average).

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

I never agree with IGN, whether they rate a game too high or low, which is why I'm a member here at GS. Their scores a bit more accurate and they have experience. Plus they seem more objective than any other critic I've known, be it Game Informer, IGN, 1Up, X-Play (groan), whoever.

I'm willing to bet GS will review it soon and give it around a 7. It could get a 5 or an 8.5 and shock the heck out of me, but 7 is my rough estimate of what they'll rate it.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 kbaily

You realize GS had the whole incident of Gertsman gate? Right? You know the guy who got fired from GS for giving Kane and Lynch a 6/10 and the advertisers weren't happy with that because they paid a bunch for ad space and Edios wasn't happy with the low score. Something to think about.

And for those who think Game Informer is so wonderful, watch this video from a former Gamestop employee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWelFS_ICE&feature=PlayList&p=310E5F496741DA3F&playnext=1&index=1

What I've noticed is that in recent years, game reviews have gotten so skewed and are so varied among the various mediums, it's better to just play for yourself or read user reviews (at least the ones not written by retards).

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 sonicphc
Well, that review was unexpected (at least for me). I was expecting Secret rings gameplay with sword usage replacing the jump/slide/varying attack animations, not actually having to do wiimote waggling to trigger the sword. You know, the jump has the blade spinning around him to kill things, the boost has an added slicing animation for when Sonic runs into stuff, etc etc. I wasn't expecting such a low score, but I wasn't expecting anything like the gameplay they described, either, so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

in regards to different review sources and whether or not they're fair...they're all subjective. They all expect a sonic game to be fast and when it isn't, they knock points off. That's nowhere near objective but that's the way it is. That being said, I've come to find that Gametrailers at least makes an attempt to be fair compared to most other places.

But I knew I had a bad feeling about this game when they first said swords and friends... 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#220 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Can I just say that there was a Sonic review on Gamespot that got heavily critcised. The PS3 and 360 version of Sonic Unleashed which scored lower than the IGN Sonic Unleashed PS3 and 360 review.

I am sick of people trying to say certain sites are biased against Sonic. The games haven't been good recently and like kbaily I wasn't expecting Sonic and the Black Knight to not score too well but it scored as bad as Sonic Next Gen on the 360 and PS3. I was gonna wait for reviews and I wasn't gonna rush to get the game anyway and now that I have seen IGNS review I might consider not getting it at all.

I didn't actually like the look of how the game played. The only good thing about it is the graphics and thats it. Sonic games always seem to have that but thats all. Sonic seems really slow as well in this game.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

And well it seems as if Nintendo Power gave it an 80/100... but I'm guessing only because Nintendo want people to buy the game. I read the IGN review and I was somewhat shocked by the score but then I remembered the gameplay I looked at so i guess I'm not that shocked. I still plan to buy it before the month is up (hopefully before the 28th) if not well then I can put my money to something else.

And for those who are wondering why before the 28th it's so I can talk about it for the podcast I'm doing which happenes to be going over Sonic.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#222 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

One can only hope IGN's the exception, not the example. Dozens of other outlets have yet to present their opinions, so I'll be anticipating those in the meantime.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 chocolate1325
It's sad that die hard Sonic fanboys defend these poor quality Sonic games. I don't expect Gametrailers or Gamespot to give it much better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

It's sad that die hard Sonic fanboys defend these poor quality Sonic games.chocolate1325

have you played it?

If you haven't, you have no way to reasonably say what you just said. I'm not going to say the game is good or not because I haven't played it. I'd hope most logical people would think  the same way. If you have played it and I have stepped out of line, please correct me.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 kbaily

Here's some more gameplay vids.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46368.html

So as you see, just as Sonic starts to get a good run going, he has to stop and slash through a bunch of enemies, so he really never gets going and the elimination of loops or dash pads, makes this worse. I will admit that it seemed like Sonic was going a bit too fast in Unleashed, but here he just jogs along.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46366.html

So Sonic's moving a bit faster here in this what I assume in a training level, but it seems like there's no way to really get him moving fast and even when you do, then you have to stop because a hoard of enemies is in your way.

Also I found the offcial site for the game if anyone cares. Check out the lazy Flash animation for Sonic and see if you can spot the Alex Kidd cameo.

http://www.sega.com/sonicblackknight/us/index.html

Apparently Silver and Jet appear in this game as well. Though I think they're just for the multiplayer mode.

Really? Jet? What happened? Did the ten fans of Jet sign a petition to have him in a game that didn't involve him on a hoverboard. Why couldn't Metal Sonic be a playable character like a robotic knight or something? Also it appears that Eggman is MIA as well unless he ends up being the Black Knight or something. But the game really comes off as being fan serivce. Oh and they have a Best Buy in medieval Camelot. LOL

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 chocolate1325

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]It's sad that die hard Sonic fanboys defend these poor quality Sonic games.whoozwah

have you played it?

If you haven't, you have no way to reasonably say what you just said. I'm not going to say the game is good or not because I haven't played it. I'd hope most logical people would think the same way. If you have played it and I have stepped out of line, please correct me.

Maybe I haven't played them well apart from Unleashed which I didn't like anyway but I know what a Sonic game should not feature guns,swords,bikes or werehogs why because it slows the pace of the games down by alot. I have seen the IGN review and I saw nothing spectacular about it at all.

I aren't a die hard Sonic fan who praises every game or gets every game. I only get quality games and Sonic games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Next Gen are not quality they are an insult and I would never play them.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 kbaily

It finally hit me like a Shinku Hidouken (that's for chocolate) I know the reason Sega just crapped this title out after Unleashed tried so hard to bring Sonic back to what made him great originally (at least half the game). The day stages were excellent. The Wii version was missing all the tedious emblem collecting. Friends were minimal in this game and remove the werehog and we would've had the ideal 3D Sonic game.

No sooner did the first info on Unleashed emerged than the afformention "newbie tweener" fringe of Sonic fans immedately start whining about how there are no playable friends or guns or bullsh-- that all us old school fans hate. Because sadly since the day they decided Sonic Adventure should include slower, playable characters and a deeper story, that pretty much led to the divide between the Sonic fans.

Sega has finally realized their never going to please both fringes of fans so that they don't totally lose the newbie tweener, Sonic X watching, Shadow loving kiddies who will drop the Sonic series as soon as they're old enough to play an M-rated game, they said with Black Knight: "F--- it! We're going to make a shallow fan game full of all the crap Sonic shouldn't have."

As I said, like Shadow's game, it's a fan game and if you thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the greatest game ever made than congratulations, you'll love this game and you can go die in a fire for all I care. :twisted:

I may play it eventually out of curiosity as I did with Sonic Next Gen. But for now there's still other games I'd rather play.

Also, it's a bit sad that only two mediums have even bothered to review it, though at least I can have a laugh at all the fan reviews. One that compared this to Ocarina of Time.

-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 -SpikyBlueHero-

Evacuate the premises. Kbaily's about to let loose with a ranting spree. :P

The media's probably too busy tweaking the influx of Resident Evil 5 reviews, sad to say. :?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 chocolate1325
You do realise Resident Evil 5 is one of the biggest games to be released this year wheeas Sonic and the Black Knight was only comfirmed last year. Resident Evil 5 has been in development for nearly 4 years.
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 -SpikyBlueHero-

That's right, Chocolate. And I'm eager for RE5 website themes and advertisements to disappear. There're only 500 other first-person shooters on the horizon, after all.

GameDaily's review's up.7/10, the same score those guys gave to Unleashed.

"With Sonic and the Black Knight, Sega continues its annoying trend of replacing Sonic's trademark speed with strange gimmicks. While not a terrible video game, the repetitive combat, easy missions and limited controls keep it from greatness. That said, it's still worth a rental, thanks to its attractive presentation, decent combat and bonus content."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

from what I've heard, as you play, you unlock "Legacy stages", which include ramps, speed pads, bumpers, Eggman robots, the homing attack, and all sorts of cIassic Sonic stuff.

I cannot confirm this but it came from a very reliable source (famicommander on the Board) 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 kbaily

from what I've heard, as you play, you unlock "Legacy stages", which include ramps, speed pads, bumpers, Eggman robots, the homing attack, and all sorts of cIassic Sonic stuff.

I cannot confirm this but it came from a very reliable source (famicommander on the Board)

whoozwah

Well the gamedaily review was a little nicer, trying to judge the game on its own merits (though I guess they didn't like Secret Rings) I'd like to just rent it, however there are no video rental stores in my area that have a decent selection and the one that has video games, sells off the ones that are good and their Wii selection includes 2 copies of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Boom Blox (ok that one's good), Battle of the Bands, Spyro, Crash of the Titans, Bombermanland, Nitro Bike just to name a few. They had Okami and Super Mario Galaxy but someone bought those titles off them.

One of these day I'll sign up to Gamefly, but I won't be buying a lot of games right now as I have bills to pay.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 chocolate1325
I wasn't fond of the sword idea from the very beginning and it shows sometimes SEGA never learns from their mistakes.
Avatar image for LightSpeedBlast
LightSpeedBlast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#235 LightSpeedBlast
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts

I got it yesterday and beat it in less zan 24 hours.

Now, when I first started playing it, ze Swordplay... well, sucked. It was too hard hitting enemies when I was going to fast and who ze hell wants to slow down in a Sonic game? But later on, I found a way to make ze Swordplay easier by combining ze Homing Attack (which doesn't really attack in zis game) and Aerial Slash to kill enemies. Zat made it feel more like a Sonic game and a lot more fun.

But still, ze stages felt weird. I mean, it was hard telling ze which mission was ze main mission. I mean, zey are obviously ze "Reach ze Goal" missions but most of zem didn't really feel like one. Zey were just too short and didn't feel like much. Zat was a problem. And most of ze boss fights were pretty weak. And ze game was too short.

SPOILERS: Ze final boss was cool, but ze dialogue and music suck'd. I didn't like ze "Nozing lasts forever" zheme in ze ending. And ze ending music suck'd.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 kbaily

Why are you talking like your french?

Anyway Gabby showed off a level of the game that sort of contradicts what IGN's review said. There is a loop de loop and the pacing of the level seems to move along quite nicely even if it isn't the blistering speed of Unleashed's day stages.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/GabuEx/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25636921

It's just a shame that the game is so short and the battle mode seems a bit half assed.

Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Shadow_of_Kirby

I think he means to impersonate a French documentarian.

Anyway, there's at least one loop-de-loop, as seen in the Perceival tariler, and don't the blue faries act as dash panels?

Something tells me they didn't really play this game enough to review it...

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 kbaily

Anyway, there's at least one loop-de-loop, as seen in the Perceival tariler, and don't the blue faries act as dash panels?

Shadow_of_Kirby

That kinda bothered me. I mean if they didn't like the game, that's fine, but don't flat out lie in a review and say that something isn't in the game that clearly is.

Here's IGN's video review:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14268379/sonic-the-black-knight-/videos/sonicblackknight_vdr_030509.html

From watching several videos I dont' think it deserves a 3. More like a 6. There do appear to be some camera issues it does appear to be a bunch of mindless waggling (really Sega, always have GC controller options) and what's most disappointing is the mutilplayer mode. After Sega missed golden opportunities with Sega Superstar Tennis and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity which both could've been great online, we finally get a Sonic game online with the Wii and the battle mode seems pretty lackluster from the videos at least some of Secret Rings's mini games were a milidly entertaining distraction, but having leaderboards is a nice touch (would've been nice to have those in Unleashed's day stages, Sega). Still this does seem more like a fan game than anything. Sega's smart in that they're never going to please both sides of the Sonic fanbase with one game so make one game that harkens back to the old school crowd with just Sonic running fast and then make a fan game like Black Knight.

Still I'm not going to rush out and get this right away. I've got other things to play and other games that are better that I'd rather get first. One thing I do now is I rarely pay full price for a Sonic game. I either wait until I have something to trade in or ask for it as a gift or wait for a price drop especially given this one is so short.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 sonicphc
For me this one goes in the rental bin. The gameplay doesn't look like something my younger brother would enjoy, and that takes out my major justification for buying most of the... lesser quality games (SEE: Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity). If it's looking like a decent game, I'll buy it or if it looks like something my younger brother will play endlessly I'll buy it. This is neither. :-/
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 chocolate1325
I never played Shadow the Hedgehog because well the guns and vechiles I felt didn't belong in a Sonic game and same with this game I don't think gimmicks like swords should belong in Sonic games. Sonic games have to be fast but not to fast.
Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#241 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_of_Kirby"]

kbaily

That kinda bothered me. I mean if they didn't like the game, that's fine, but don't flat out lie in a review and say that something isn't in the game that clearly is.

Here's IGN's video review:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14268379/sonic-the-black-knight-/videos/sonicblackknight_vdr_030509.html

From watching several videos I dont' think it deserves a 3. More like a 6. There do appear to be some camera issues it does appear to be a bunch of mindless waggling (really Sega, always have GC controller options) and what's most disappointing is the mutilplayer mode. After Sega missed golden opportunities with Sega Superstar Tennis and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity which both could've been great online, we finally get a Sonic game online with the Wii and the battle mode seems pretty lackluster from the videos at least some of Secret Rings's mini games were a milidly entertaining distraction, but having leaderboards is a nice touch (would've been nice to have those in Unleashed's day stages, Sega). Still this does seem more like a fan game than anything. Sega's smart in that they're never going to please both sides of the Sonic fanbase with one game so make one game that harkens back to the old school crowd with just Sonic running fast and then make a fan game like Black Knight.

Still I'm not going to rush out and get this right away. I've got other things to play and other games that are better that I'd rather get first. One thing I do now is I rarely pay full price for a Sonic game. I either wait until I have something to trade in or ask for it as a gift or wait for a price drop especially given this one is so short.

Does it really matter?

KJsmashdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#242 KJsmashdude
Member since 2008 • 1442 Posts
I thought the game was good...
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 -SpikyBlueHero-

Another review, from Gamervision. 6/10. Out of buying, renting, or trashing it, the verdict is the latter, according to them.

"Visually it's a success, with wonderful blur effects and animations accompanying the colorful world. The gameplay is even something worth paying attention to, as it shows that Sonic Team hasn't entirely forgotten how to make a Sonic game. However, it falls apart, and the repetitive nature of the missions can become grinding."

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 chocolate1325
I am intrested in seeing what it scores here and Gametrailers but man I hate the Sonic fanboys who moan when a Sonic game gets a bad review. These sites are not biased towards Sonic games.
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 -SpikyBlueHero-

We shouldn't be seeing anything out of those two for a while yet, although I wish that wasn't the case.

GameSpot's track record isn't perfect, mind you. X360/PS3 version of Unleashed received a 3.5/10, the lowest professional score given to it, according to Metacritic. I've never played the game on either of the platforms, but I can't imagine it would deserve a rating THAT poor. For now, I'll just stick with our score, 7/10. ;)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 chocolate1325
I have to say the cut scenes don't look at all good in the game.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Well I got the game and I'd have to say it's not that bad. Not saying it's good but it's not a 3.9 but more like a 6 or a 7. The speed of the game is faster then you think and it's kind of simply to blow past what you think you have to stop and take out. But some of the missions like the one where you have to give rings away really slow you down. I've only played it for 2 hours and I'm at the final boss so it's not worth $50 but luckly I got it as a early birthday persent so I didn't waste my money on it. There is some mutiplayer which I have not tryed out but if it's anything like the boss fights then they should be easy if you just swing your Wii mote the hoel time. You do have to swing it a lot but I don't mind... But then again I played through all of Sonic Unleashed without useing my CG controller. one last thing the graphics are epic...
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 kbaily

Well I got the game and I'd have to say it's not that bad. Not saying it's good but it's not a 3.9 but more like a 6 or a 7. The spped of the game is faster then you think and it's kind of simply to blow past what you think you have to stop and take out. But some of the missions like the one where you have to give rings away really slow you down. I've only played it for 2 hours and I'm at the final boss so it's not worth $50 but luckly I got it as a early birthday persent so I didn't waste my money on it. There is some mutiplayer which I have not tryed out but if it's anything like the boss fights then they should be easy if you just swing your Wii mote the hoel time. You do have to swing it a lot but I don't mind... But then again I played through all of Sonic Unleashed without useing my CG controller. one last thing the graphics are epic...kjhg53

Well it's nice to hear someone being objective about this game and as of lately it feels like Sonic's been getting lower score than he deserves. It doesn't appear that either the 360/PS3 version of Unleashed or Black Knight were THAT bad, especially from a technical standpoint, they were worlds better than that glitchy bug fest of beastiality known as Sonic Next Gen, But what will probably prevent me from getting this right away is as you said, the game is short and I don't want to shell out $50 for something that can be beaten in a couple days and given it's lackluster multiplayer mode (ashame too that we finally get online multiplayer in a Sonic Wii game).

If you'd like, since none of the Officials here have played it, if you want to do a review for our collection, I think we'd like that.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 chocolate1325
Can I just say I have seen videos of the cut scenes and seen the ending and I have to say it was embarrassing.
Avatar image for FallenBlackWing
FallenBlackWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#250 FallenBlackWing
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
With Sonic back on top (thank you Sonic Unleashed), I hope this will be a great installment to the Sonic series. ^_^