"Sonic and the Black Knight" Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Well seeing as how it appears that "Sonic and the Black Knight" is a confirmed title for the Wii, I figure we might as well start a thread for this game as well. So here's the cover that started it all. (someone please sticky this)

I still look at this like WTF! I mean with "Unleashed" it seemed like Sonic was getting back to what he was supposed to do, running fast through great platforming stages without annoying friends or tedious fetch quests slowing him down with a nice simple plot about Eggman using Chaos emeralds to rip the world apart. Even the questionable werewolf thing looks pretty fun now that we see it in action.

Still, though "Unleashed" is coming to all consoles, it seems that Sega knows there are a lot of Sonic fans in Nintendoland and I couldn't help but wonder if Sonic would see any more Wii exclusive games. "Secret Rings" managed to sell over 1 million units proving that gamers are buying traditional third party Wii games. Even the so-so Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has sold over 5 million units worldwide. Of course Sonic's love among Nintendians shows strongest in him being the most requested character to join Smash Bros. Even going back to the Gamecube days. The cube got the only ports of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and even the multiplatform titles sold best and ran the smoothest on the little purple box, so it would be foolish for Sega not to show a little extra love to those Wii owning Sonic fans (especially seeing as how we'd like something other than Animal Crossing City Folk to look forward to)

Not much is known about this right now. Most of us do know it appears to be a spiritual successor to Sonic and the Secret Rings in that Sonic may well again fall asleep reading a book, this time about ancient Camelot or something along those lines and find himself in another storybook world. Though I wonder if we'll have the same insane controls as Secret Rings or something where we can stop more easily.

I think Sonic looks a bit sillly with that one metal gauntlet and sword. It's like someone took a picture of a hand and sword from Soul Calibur and pasted over a picture of Sonic. But we'll have to learn more first. I mean it could end up being really cool like the werewolf thing.

Still, if Sonic is getting Wii exclusive adventures, let's team him up with Mario for an adventure game already.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

Still, if Sonic is getting Wii exclusive adventures, let's team him up with Mario for an adventure game already.

kbaily

I have been saying that since the Olympic cross-over.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#3 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I have serious doubts already about this game.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
I still have to play Sonic and the secret rings. Anyway, im going to save judgement until i see some gameplay or screenshots. Unlike some, i actually enjoyed Shadow the hedgehog, even with his gun. So i may like this too:P
dandymarsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 dandymarsh
Member since 2003 • 958 Posts
It's the Storybook Series. Secret Rings, Black Knight... Main Story Updated. Spring 2009
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 demoman_chaos
Main story updated in Holiday '08, Storybook series gets an addition in '09
Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Angelwave06
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

I had trouble with the brakes on Sonic and the Secret Rings too and you never know that Mario/Sonic game mite work probably sell more then the Olympics one Marios adventures Sonics speed...and yeah I'm waiting for screen shots to I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was ok to even though I'm not really into shooters so who knows!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chocolate1325

I have followed Sonic since 1992 and seen some ups and downs and I have a feeling SEGA are just trying to make money out of the Sonic franchise now. I think this could end up like Shadow the Hedgehog I never played and am glad I didn't it was a huge mess by many from what I heard and Sonic using a sword is just putting me off completey.

Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Angelwave06

http://gamekyo.com/news28343_sonic-and-the-black-knight-first-pics.html

http://gamekyo.com/news28362_sonic-and-the-black-knight-more-screens.html

just wodering if any one has seen the screen shots??

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kbaily
Well it's good to see that it won't have the insane control scheme of Secret Rings in that you can use the control stick meaning Sonic can stop and the screens look nice. Still it looks like Sonic was throw into Soul Calibur Legends.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chocolate1325
I have seen info about the game also and its not sounding too bad at all.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demoman_chaos
I think they could have replaced Sonic and the sword with Knux and his knux and it would play the same way.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Eh, probably not. Knux isn't as fast as Sonic, so the whole "secret rings" style gameplay wouldn't make sense. **** [EDIT] Just read up some stuff on Sonic Stadium. Looks like Knuckles IS playable, as well as Shadow. Knuckles uses two swords to Sonic's one.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 demoman_chaos
He was as fast as Sonic in Sonic 3 and S&K, and he is the undisputed king of combat in the Sonic world (he is the strongest and best fighter, shadow is a push-over compared to him), plus the info of him being playable gave me the idea.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kbaily

I noticed in the article that was posted that Sonic's friends would be playable however it seems like this time the game is giving us the choice if we want to play as them and not forcing us to go back and play as Knuckles, Shadow, etc. That way purists can just play as Sonic if they want. As long as Shadow doesn't touch a gun, Knuckles isn't searching for emeralds and Tails isn't flying like a drunk, I'll be happy.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 demoman_chaos
I bet shadow will use some sort of ranged weapon to differentiate him from Sonic, probably a cross-bow with point and fire controls. Either that or maybe an axe with slightly slower swings and a bit more power.
Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Angelwave06
You'll probally be right with that Shadow comment but it's nice you don't have to play the others even though I probally will to see how they play...
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Gee, I've missed quite a bit. Thanks, summertime laziness.

I always try to remain peculiar regarding Sonic's image, and unlike the Werehog, I actually like the new look. Sega needs to be careful, however, because as it stands now, to some it may look like Sega's desperate to try new things and paint Sonic in a different light each and every time a game's released. '98-'04 was fairly consistent, but then #1: '05, Shadow's emo atmosphere appeared, #2: Sonic meets hoverboard (Why does he need one?), #3: Sonic meets Arabian Nights, #4: Sonic meets tennis, and now we've got an RPG, a Werehog, and a knighted Sonic on the way, all in the course of three years. Odd.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sonicphc
I'm not sure whether to be happy thta Sega caters to their fans by giving us plenty of Sonic content all the time to keep forums like this one going with info and such or whether to complain about them whoring out the franchise.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chocolate1325
I still have mixed reactions towards this title I don't know what it is gonna be like so I am gonna see how it plays and how it develops.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kbaily

I'm not sure whether to be happy thta Sega caters to their fans by giving us plenty of Sonic content all the time to keep forums like this one going with info and such or whether to complain about them whoring out the franchise.sonicphc

I know, it goes back to the old adage "how can we miss you when you don't go away?" I mean we're getting two games this fall already and another one is coming out in spring? Then again, Mario is constantly on the go. Look at last year alone:

• Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Party 8
  • Super Mario Strikers Charged
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
  • Mario Party DS
  • Super Mario Galaxy

And that's not counting the rereleases on the virtual console. Since Sonic's always been compared to Mario, it's no surprise that he's trying to keep up. Still with Mario, most of the time he's doing more partying and athletics than actual adventures.

Still given Wii owners like myself would like something else to play this fall and spring besides "Animal Crossing City Folk" so until I see those titles such as Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario and Pikmin that they said they were working on but haven't seen yet, I'll have to settle for a couple Sonic adventures.

But you're right, it does seem as though Sega is whoring out Sonic a bit too much. But he's still about equal with Mario.

Sonic's 07 games:

• Sonic and the Secret Rings
  • Sonic Rush Adventure
  • Sonic Rivals 2
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Mario's 08 games:

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (DS)
  • Super Mario Sluggers

Sonic's 08 games:

• Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (DS)
  • Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Sega Superstar Tennis
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic Chronicles

Well, I'll say that Sonic has had a busy year compared to Mario's often insane lineup from year to year. but a lot of Sonic's games this year weren't actual adventures. SSBB wasn't even made by Sega.

But the Black Night game annoucement did surprise me. I figured Sega would wait and see how "Unleashed" panned out before shoving out another adventure game.

Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Angelwave06
personally I can't get enough of Sonic but it is going to ware out :( and I thought it was a bit quick to thats why I dismissed it as a fake....
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chocolate1325
kbaily its a thing known as money and the likes of Mario and Sonic will make money because of their popularity because they are very reconasable characters so thats why they throw so many games featuring them. As long as it makes money then SEGA and Nintendo will just keep throwing out different games from there characters no matter how bad or good the quality of game they are.
Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Angelwave06
I hate to say it but that is so true I just wish they'd spend a little more time on them....or get more people working on it :lol:
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonicphc
I should have clarified. THey come out with PROPER Mario games much less frequently than they do PROPER Sonic games, and I'm defining "PROPER" here (no idea why I'm capitalizing it) as placing the characters in some variation of their original gameplay element. Thus, I don't count racing, sport, or any other different game with a Mario or Sonic spin in that tabluation of "Sonic comes out a lot more often than Mario." However, it's a good point that Nintendo also seems to slap Mario on everything, so I guess Sonic's actually better off, since he gets more games in his element.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kbaily

I should have clarified. THey come out with PROPER Mario games much less frequently than they do PROPER Sonic games, and I'm defining "PROPER" here (no idea why I'm capitalizing it) as placing the characters in some variation of their original gameplay element. Thus, I don't count racing, sport, or any other different game with a Mario or Sonic spin in that tabluation of "Sonic comes out a lot more often than Mario." However, it's a good point that Nintendo also seems to slap Mario on everything, so I guess Sonic's actually better off, since he gets more games in his element.sonicphc

Oh, I see. Then you're right. We seem to get some sort of Sonic platforming/adventure type game every year then. Two this year if you count Chronicles as an actual adventure the way the Paper Mario series counts as a proper game then. It is ashame that we don't see more proper Mario games. Really, Mario, a little less sports and partying and a little more koopa stomping. Though in an E3 video, Miyamoto said they were already working on supposedly a sequel to "Mario Galaxy" which was really surprising as it seemed Nintendo was on this kick of only releasing one Mario platformer per console.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I have more faith in this title than Unleashed right now. Basically because: -It's going to be a full Sonic game, not half Hedgehog, half Werehog. -It's exclusively for the Wii, not being rushed out for the holidays on 4 consoles and multiple versions. -The team that brought us Secret Rings will be doing this, and are adressing, and fixing problems Secret Rings had. -You use the control stick to move Sonic and his completely optional buddies. -Sonic and the Secret Rings deserves a good sequel that uses the Wii's good graphics and online capabilities. Ever since I saw the NP cover, I liked what I saw. I hope they make this great.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DocEggmanNega
Oh, and for more recent discussion, I must agree with sonicphc's last post. Sonic gets Sonic-styIed (AKA "PROPER") games more often than Mario gets his Mario-styIed games. Sonic Chronicles won't be a "proper" Sonic game since it'll be an RPG. I'm sure it'll be a good game, but not Sonic-styIed game. And Sonic Unleashed will only be half of a "proper" Sopnic game. (they're pulling another SA1 & 2 on us, folks) They're going 50-50 with Hedgehog and Werehog here. Still, I'm just looking forward to decent games this year. Sonic-styIed or not. Sonic and the Black Knight will be what I'm seriously looking forward to since it should be about Sonic styIed "proper" gameplay. IMO, Sonic has outdone Mario as far as mainstream games go, but that is all about what styIe of platforming suits you best.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonicphc
Pre-order giveaway prediction: A 1/5th scale model of Sonic's sword.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DocEggmanNega
They didn't give us any genie rings last time.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kbaily

They didn't give us any genie rings last time.DocEggmanNega

But if memory serves me right. When the god awful PS3/360 game was released, the first few to buy it at launch got a little Sonic plush. When "Secret Rings" was launched you could get a blue, Sonic wristband.

At least they aren't ripping off gamers by charging an additional $10 from some "special edition" that comes with something like an art book or a figurine or a metal box that ends up scratching the disc. I've never been a fan of "special editions."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sonicphc
For the record, the X360/PS3 game came with a statuette, model type thing. How do I know? My brother is completely obsessed with anything that has Sonic on it, so I stopped by the EBgames at the mall one day and asked if they had any of the promo things from the Next-Gen game for my younger brother. They were quite happy to unload one on me since they had quite a few extras.
pokemonsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pokemonsos
Member since 2008 • 1567 Posts

I think Sonic shouldn't have a sword. It's kinda sayin' that SEGA's running out of ideas so they threw in a huge sword 2 times the size of Sonic to make the game look better whent he actual story line stinks, like Sonic the Hedgehog (NextGen) and Shadow the Hedgehog.

I think that the warewolf Sonic in Sonic Unleashed should be a different character. Have you seen the pics of him? That would be like the next Shadow or Mephlis. Like (Insert name of character here) the Wolf. That would be better! And the story line for this game doesn't look good just like Sonic and the Black Knight.

I think what they need to come out with is a Shadow the Hedgehog 2. But with better graphics, better story, better gameplay, stuff like that. And this one wouldn't make Shadow curse every time he falls off the side (because it said E10 so a couple of years ago I got it and my mom was I guess watching from behind me one day or I turned the volume up to high and she heard all this cursing so I had to wait a whole year or so to play it. And by then I had better Sonic games).

So that's what I think of Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, and Shadow the Hedgehog 2 (that might not come out).

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonicphc
Honestly, Shadow is NOT my favorite character in the series, so I think he's fine just having the one solo venture, just like Knuckles and Tails. (Ok, Tails TECHNICALLY had two, but I don't think skypatrol counts...) What I am interested to see is what Sega does as far as the secondary characters are concerned. We know Knuckles and Shadow are playable, but will they have specific levels just for them where you're required to pay as them, or can you on any given level choose between any of the three characters to play as?
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 demoman_chaos
I think I remember seeing something about the other characters being optional, and you could switch between them at anytime.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kbaily

I don't get why people are disgusted at Sonic weilding a sword but are perfectly fine with Shadow toting guns and driving cars and using other weapons as I recall. I guess Shadow is "special" or something. I'm rather surprised Sega hasn't shoved out a Shadow 2 game seeing as how despite being tasteless in that it was simply trying to cash in on shock factor and fan service, it sold like crazy. Then again, it would be nice to see a Shadow game, but drop the guns and crap and let him run like he used to in SA2 as well as be able to use his Chaos powers and no more of the tedious fetch quest stuff.

Still Shadow's game mostly tied up loose ends in his story covering through SA2 and Heroes so they'd have to find a new purpose for him. He's pretty much a good guy now (I guess) and working for the government.

Still why not let some of Sonic's other pals get a spinoff game here and there? I mean how about another Knuckles Chaotix or another Tails's Adventure?

pokemonsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pokemonsos

I don't get why people are disgusted at Sonic weilding a sword but are perfectly fine with Shadow toting guns and driving cars and using other weapons as I recall. I guess Shadow is "special" or something. I'm rather surprised Sega hasn't shoved out a Shadow 2 game seeing as how despite being tasteless in that it was simply trying to cash in on shock factor and fan service, it sold like crazy. Then again, it would be nice to see a Shadow game, but drop the guns and crap and let him run like he used to in SA2 as well as be able to use his Chaos powers and no more of the tedious fetch quest stuff.

Still Shadow's game mostly tied up loose ends in his story covering through SA2 and Heroes so they'd have to find a new purpose for him. He's pretty much a good guy now (I guess) and working for the government.

Still why not let some of Sonic's other pals get a spinoff game here and there? I mean how about another Knuckles Chaotix or another Tails's Adventure?

kbaily

Hey! I think Shadow could easily beat up any other sonic character. At the same time! He has quick reflexes, Chaos Power (and I heard they're making more Chaos thing besides Control and Blast), guns, and his super kicks ***! And I guess Sonic could have a sword, but not 2 times his size. And I really want a Shadow the Hedgehog 2. But with better graphics, better story, and better gameplay. But it should have guns and crap! That's what makes Shadow Shadow. He's half evil! Every villainin every game has more weapons and stuff. Look at every game you have and tell me i'm wrong. And a Knuckles game might be good but Tails is a wimp. Tails couldn't lift a stick. His tail is the only strong part of him. And Tails sounds like a girl, don't you think? And giving Tails a game is like giving Espio a game. There's no point.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chocolate1325
Shadows in the middle half good half evil. I liked him in Sonic Adventure 2 but after Shadow the Hedgehog I didn't like him as much.
pokemonsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pokemonsos

Shadows in the middle half good half evil. I liked him in Sonic Adventure 2 but after Shadow the Hedgehog I didn't like him as much.chocolate1325

Same with me, but I liked Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog (NextGen). He's what made the game good.

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

If this is about SATBK then from what I know Knuckles and Shadow are playable characters in the game

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 demoman_chaos

Hey! I think Shadow could easily beat up any other sonic character. At the same time! He has quick reflexes, Chaos Power (and I heard they're making more Chaos thing besides Control and Blast), guns, and his super kicks ***! And I guess Sonic could have a sword, but not 2 times his size. And I really want a Shadow the Hedgehog 2. But with better graphics, better story, and better gameplay. But it should have guns and crap! That's what makes Shadow Shadow. He's half evil! Every villainin every game has more weapons and stuff. Look at every game you have and tell me i'm wrong. And a Knuckles game might be good but Tails is a wimp. Tails couldn't lift a stick. His tail is the only strong part of him. And Tails sounds like a girl, don't you think? And giving Tails a game is like giving Espio a game. There's no point.pokemonsos

Knux is the strong one, but Espio is a ninja and there is no beating that.

Shadow used to be evil, now he is just another extra character Sega is forcing down our throats (I'll admit, he is better than most of the other ones like Marine or Big). Shadow can easily be replaced by Knux, since Knux was the original bad guy turned good.

FUN FACT: Shadow was not originally going to exist in SA2, Ashura was (the glitched Sonic from Sonic 2, he is green and has a blach patch on his forehead). I think they changed it to Shadow because Ashura would look too similar.

I am still curious what weapon they will give Shadow.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sonicphc
And giving Tails a game is like giving Espio a game. There's no point.pokemonsos
Yes, except Tails already had his own game. And it was awesome.
DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DarkSmokeNinja

pokemsos Espio is cool

Tails is lame but hey...He's a sidekick

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kbaily

pokemsos Espio is cool

Tails is lame but hey...He's a sidekick

DarkSmokeNinja

From your post I get that you some 10 year old kid, who unlike the rest of us, doesn't remember the old days and just so you know, Tails has been around longer than any of the other Sonic characters aside from Sonic which is why he has a lot of fans here. Why don't you do yourself a favor. Go pick up either the "Sonic Mega Collection" or download some of the great old school games on the VC or XBL (whatever you have) and learn the roots of one of your favorite series. And don't give me this, "they're old ugly." One day you'll grow up and mature and learn to appriciate where Sonic roots came from. If you were a true fan, you'd appricate all the characters and not just sit around here acting like a fanboy. We have a thread regarding which Sonic friends are fun to play with and who's not. Check it out.

But we're getting off topic so let's get back on the subject of "Sonic and the Black Knight."

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chocolate1325
Okay back on topic I have mixed reactions about this game.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 demoman_chaos

I don't think the motion+ thing should be used much in regular gameplay, since you will mainly just be slashing while dashing.

In a multiplayer duel it would be amazing. Only thing is that the characters would have to be slowed down so it can be managable. A 4-player team duel or FFA sword battle would be a great touch as well. If characters had different weapon types (daggers or giant swords), then it would add a bit of startegy. Give Tails some daggers, Big a Claymore, Amy a mace or medival hammer, Espio could return with a katana, and the regular playable characters could have their weapons. If it works like that, the multiplayer could be become just as strong a part of the gameplay (or maybe a stronger part) than the single-player.
There is a lot of over-looked potential for this, and I hope SEGA utilizes every ounce of it.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kbaily

If there was a motion thing used, it would hopefully be nothing more than a simple flick as was Mario's spin attack in Galaxy. I hope Sega doesn't try to overcomplicate it by having huge slashing moves like say "Soul Calibur Legends." One major issue of "Secret Rings" was Sega was trying to hard to make use of the motion technology. I'll admit it was nice to see a third party get creative with Wii controls in a way that wasn't just a bunch of minigames but at times, it felt too forced.

Also I agree with multiplayer. In "Secret Rings" the party games were a nice distraction and better excecuted than "Sonic Shuffle" but a race mode for that game might have been a better choice. Multiplayer combat could be fun (though I don't think we'll see Espio or the Chaotix team anymore as we haven't seen them since the Olympics) but for God sakes, I'm sick of Sega leaving out online multiplayer in Wii games. The squandered great online multiplayer opportunities in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Sega Superstar Tennis and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Honestly I was thinking of getting Sonic Riders:ZG but now that my Wii is online, I don't want to bother with a multiplayer game that doesn't have it. I mean it's not like Sonic Riders is easy to pick up and play and what good is it if I can't race with my Sonicspot pals?

pokemonsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pokemonsos

Off topic for a sec...

pokemsos Espio is cool

DarkSmokeNinja

Yeah, I know. He's one of my fav sonic characters

And what I don't get is, why make a ninja pink. I mean, mostly there like black or something. But pink just blows covers. But he's still cool

I am still curious what weapon they will give Shadow

demoman_chaos

They already gave him a weapon no one else has. Guns! And that's what makes Shadow Shadow.

Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts

If there was a motion thing used, it would hopefully be nothing more than a simple flick as was Mario's spin attack in Galaxy. I hope Sega doesn't try to overcomplicate it by having huge slashing moves like say "Soul Calibur Legends." One major issue of "Secret Rings" was Sega was trying to hard to make use of the motion technology. I'll admit it was nice to see a third party get creative with Wii controls in a way that wasn't just a bunch of minigames but at times, it felt too forced.

Also I agree with multiplayer. In "Secret Rings" the party games were a nice distraction and better excecuted than "Sonic Shuffle" but a race mode for that game might have been a better choice. Multiplayer combat could be fun (though I don't think we'll see Espio or the Chaotix team anymore as we haven't seen them since the Olympics) but for God sakes, I'm sick of Sega leaving out online multiplayer in Wii games. The squandered great online multiplayer opportunities in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Sega Superstar Tennis and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Honestly I was thinking of getting Sonic Riders:ZG but now that my Wii is online, I don't want to bother with a multiplayer game that doesn't have it. I mean it's not like Sonic Riders is easy to pick up and play and what good is it if I can't race with my Sonicspot pals?

kbaily

Exactly! Whatever happened to straight up racing?

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DarkSmokeNinja

I just wonder how the gameplay of Sonic and the black knight will be

In shadow the hedgehog, having shadow use guns was awsome

In this game seeing sonic with a sword will be nice too

But that sword that sonic has looks 3 times his size I wonder if sonic will have a problem lifting that sword