Official PS3 FAQ Thread (Last Update: 9/5/2011) [console price drop update]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
great topic..
ShaolinSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ShaolinSun
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
[QUOTE="ShoalinSun"]

ok... i jus copped an 80 GB for xmas... and i checked how much free space i have... i mean i uploaded 3 albums have like 10 pics, but like why does it say i only have 64GB freespace... what is taking that 16 GB???????!?!?!?! hahahaha

thanks in advance

SemiMaster

Doesn't it have the backwards compatibility software or something for emulating the PS1 and 2?

Or other demos and such?

Also when someone says X GB hard drive, it's more like X - a certain% of X. Like a Megabyte is actually like 1,048,576 bytes, not just 1 million. So you lose like 5% of whatever your hard drive space is advertised.

ok i misconstrewed it a bit.. itz 64/74 GB... where are the 10 GB's... like, i didnt anything jus the new update and like the folding home application... can anyone tell me where the rest is it?

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
Ahh i just remembered, the upcoming "Untitled Team ICO" game im pretty sure its exclusive. seeing as Sony are funding them and what not, maybe you wanna add it to the exclusive list on the first page?
robo426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 robo426
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
I don't think this was mentioned above and this is probably the right place to do it. Does anybody know when the dual shock 3 will be headed to US. Thanks in advance.
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
I don't think this was mentioned above and this is probably the right place to do it. Does anybody know when the dual shock 3 will be headed to US. Thanks in advance. robo426
between April and June. No one has a specific date yet, but I'm sure we'll be getting one shortly.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

For those who are not sure where their Hard-Drive space went, don't be alarmed.

Just like any Hard-Drive, the operating system and additional system features that PlayStation 3 has is taken by Hard-Drive with small portion of it.

For example, when you buy your new 80GB PS3 you actually have 65 GB or so of a free space. That's because PS3 (like any Computer, or any hardware that has hard-drive in it) is taken by the system for updates, patches, and whatever other features they use.

That leaves the actual system to run without issues and not contradict with the rest of its process.

I have a 60 GB and 42 GB free. I have about nine games in HD installed with few pictures and movies. So there is plenty of space for time to come.

Just remember that any HD that you buy, count off 10-15 GB of it right away since it will be used for smooth running of the system, regardless if it's a X360, Computer, PS3 or anything else.

MYDMHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MYDMHD
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts

good job man.

But about the playstation3 store:

I live in saudi arabia and the store opened few monthes ago and contain different and fewer items than the european and the american stores. So why dont they just provide the same items in all the stores worldwide???!!!

And is there anyway i can check the upcoming updates for the store in my country?

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

good job man.

But about the playstation3 store:

I live in saudi arabia and the store opened few monthes ago and contain different and fewer items than the european and the american stores. So why dont they just provide the same items in all the stores worldwide???!!!

And is there anyway i can check the upcoming updates for the store in my country?

MYDMHD

They might be out there ... but I haven't seen them

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It might not be the HDMI cable, i know with my Samsung TV over HDMI my DirecTV STB didn't want to handshake, but with my Panasonic it does. You could have to turn off your TV first then connect it and turn it back on :? Oh and thanks for making this thread TC it was about time.
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
You could post this in a few different places! well done! :D
Emon_b007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Emon_b007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
nice man!
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

ok... i jus copped an 80 GB for xmas... and i checked how much free space i have... i mean i uploaded 3 albums have like 10 pics, but like why does it say i only have 64GB freespace... what is taking that 16 GB???????!?!?!?! hahahaha

thanks in advance

ShoalinSun

the reason why you have space just gone automatically is because the ps3 keepsa bit for firmware updates and stuff like that.

think of it like the ps3 is keeping around 10 gigs hidden for special things so you dont hav to worry about it. if you want more space, then you can upgrade ur hard drive, gamespot did a guide to changing it, so just look around and ull find it. just make sure u read it properly!! lol

cheers

EDIT: sorry mate, but the guide that im tlking about is in the "can i upgrade my hard drive" section of your TC's very nicely put FAQ. so you dont need to look around so much.

banzino_gothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 banzino_gothic
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
hey Guys,the Shop from which i got the PS 3 said i can download my games on the machine and save them ,and it says so on the PS 3 box , but how can i save my game on the hardware?
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

hey Guys,the Shop from which i got the PS 3 said i can download my games on the machine and save them ,and it says so on the PS 3 box , but how can i save my game on the hardware?banzino_gothic

Ermmm, are you talking about Piracy? :|

banzino_gothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 banzino_gothic
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
what??lol no ,on the PS 3 BOX it says u can savemsuic..AND games on the PS 3 ,is it possible?
taif_handasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 taif_handasa
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
how can i install arabic language in my ps3?
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 abdelmessih101

what??lol no ,on the PS 3 BOX it says u can savemsuic..AND games on the PS 3 ,is it possible?banzino_gothic

Uhh, unless you buy and download the game from the PSN, then you need the disc to play the game. You can save your progress and settings and such on the PS3's internal HDD. It basically takes the place of the memory card needed for the PS2.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 abdelmessih101

how can i install arabic language in my ps3?taif_handasa

Sorry, but I don't know :|... maybe someone else can help you

Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
hot shots golf 5 needs more love.
ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ss5vegetunks
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

So If I want to play a game like Assassin's CREED on my new 40GB PS3, are the graphics and everything gonna be the same as the trailers, cus I have a normal TV, its not HDTV, so are the graphics gonna be good, and will the game look exactly like the game looks like in trailers???? please tell me, I am buying a PS3 (40GB) and i do need some help!! thanks a lot, and man what an awesome and helpful FAQ!!

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 abdelmessih101

So If I want to play a game like Assassin's CREED on my new 40GB PS3, are the graphics and everything gonna be the same as the trailers, cus I have a normal TV, its not HDTV, so are the graphics gonna be good, and will the game look exactly like the game looks like in trailers???? please tell me, I am buying a PS3 (40GB) and i do need some help!! thanks a lot, and man what an awesome and helpful FAQ!!

ss5vegetunks

Thanks, and no, sadly you'd need an HDTV to get graphics like the ones you see in trailers. Granted, an SDTVis stilla huge step forward compared to last gen consoles, but you need an HDTV to get the best graphics.

ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ss5vegetunks

thanks alot for the quick reply, but I just wanted to know, If I play Spiderman 3 the game for PS3 on my normal T.V, is it gonna look like this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohI5beyYbI

and well I need to know If i use a regular TV, is Spiderman 3 gonna look like that or is it gonna look bad, and well in that video is that being played on a HDTV???

thnx alot, i really appreciate it, sorry but I need to make sure everything is good before I buy the PS3!!

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 abdelmessih101

thanks alot for the quick reply, but I just wanted to know, If I play Spiderman 3 the game for PS3 on my normal T.V, is it gonna look like this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohI5beyYbI

and well I need to know If i use a regular TV, is Spiderman 3 gonna look like that or is it gonna look bad, and well in that video is that being played on a HDTV???

thnx alot, i really appreciate it, sorry but I need to make sure everything is good before I buy the PS3!!

ss5vegetunks

The graphics in that trailer look terrible ... I play my PS3 on an SDTV, and while I've never played Spiderman 3 for PS3, all of my games look much better than that crap. I don't know where you got that video from, but those graphics look bad even for a PS2 game. Trust me, the graphics are amazing on both SD and HD, even though HD isa lotbetter.

If you buy a PS3, I'd say the next thing you need to save up for is an HDTV ... that way you can the most out of the games, movies, pictures, and you can finally justify the purchase of Blu-Ray movies! Read up on the HDTV section of this FAQ and also the links I've included to help make a decision regarding the purchase of an HDTV.

ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ss5vegetunks
great, so that means, the games will also look good on a normal tv, thnx alot, now alteast i dont have to worry about getting a hdtv, maybe i will get it sum other time, thnx alot!!!
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 abdelmessih101

great, so that means, the games will also look good on a normal tv, thnx alot, now alteast i dont have to worry about getting a hdtv, maybe i will get it sum other time, thnx alot!!!ss5vegetunks

You're welcome ... glad to help.

***EDIT***

Yeah, an HDTV is not necessary to play most games (some games like Warhawk have obnoxiously small text that is unreadable on SDTVs because of the low resolution), but to get the most of your PS3, (Blu-Ray and other high-def media), you need an HDTV ... having a PS3 is a reason to get an HDTV ... a PS3 without an HDTV is almost like having a Blu-Ray player without and HDTV to watch it on...

Ian_Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 Ian_Michael
Member since 2002 • 368 Posts
I play Assassin's Creed on a normal 27 inch TV and it looks fine, the only down side is the text onscreen is not so clear and I need to tweak the settings on the TV to make them a bit easier to read.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I play Assassin's Creed on a normal 27 inch TV and it looks fine, the only down side is the text onscreen is not so clear and I need to tweak the settings on the TV to make them a bit easier to read. Ian_Michael
The solution : and HDTV :P
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts

[QUOTE="Ian_Michael"]I play Assassin's Creed on a normal 27 inch TV and it looks fine, the only down side is the text onscreen is not so clear and I need to tweak the settings on the TV to make them a bit easier to read. rogerjak

it's "An HDTV" :P not "and" .. And no, that's not really a solution, i remeber i hooked it up to an SDTV once, all text, XMB, in games, browser, etc etc. looked fine. people just need to stop trying to tweak their settings and let them be what they are :P

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts
RAQ? (Rarely Asked Question) I know the PS3 has Blue-Ray, but does it also do DVD upconvert for SD DVDs? I have an upconvert DVD player now that is wonderful. I'm wondering if I can completely do away with it if I get a PS3.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 abdelmessih101

RAQ? (Rarely Asked Question) I know the PS3 has Blue-Ray, but does it also do DVD upconvert for SD DVDs? I have an upconvert DVD player now that is wonderful. I'm wondering if I can completely do away with it if I get a PS3.Srinivassa

Yes, the PS3 upscales DVDs

"Will PS2 games look better when they're played on a PS3?

Yes, they will look better when played on the PS3 because the PS3 upscales PS2 games, as well as DVDs."

:P ... It was already in the FAQ

However, I don't know of any comparisons that have been done between the PS3 and upconverting DVD players ... I would assume that the quality of the PS3 is as good, if not better, than that of upconverting DVD players ... but I'm not positive. Hey, you could be the first one to do a comparison :D.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 abdelmessih101

[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Ian_Michael"]I play Assassin's Creed on a normal 27 inch TV and it looks fine, the only down side is the text onscreen is not so clear and I need to tweak the settings on the TV to make them a bit easier to read. zeforgotten

it's "An HDTV" :P not "and" .. And no, that's not really a solution, i remeber i hooked it up to an SDTV once, all text, XMB, in games, browser, etc etc. looked fine. people just need to stop trying to tweak their settings and let them be what they are :P

I've never played Assassin's Creed on my SDTV, but I can't read a single word from Warhawk on it ... not saying that all SDTVs will be the same, or that Assassin's Creed has text similar to Warhawk ... I'm just saying that it's a legitimate problem for those of us who still play on SDTVs ... it almost makes Warhawk unplayable for me :evil:

kokogogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kokogogo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

gooooooooooooood job

thank you very much

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 abdelmessih101

gooooooooooooood job

thank you very much

kokogogo

Thanks and you're welcome. Always glad to help :)

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts

[QUOTE="Srinivassa"]RAQ? (Rarely Asked Question) I know the PS3 has Blue-Ray, but does it also do DVD upconvert for SD DVDs? I have an upconvert DVD player now that is wonderful. I'm wondering if I can completely do away with it if I get a PS3.abdelmessih101

"Will PS2 games look better when they're played on a PS3?

Yes, they will look better when played on the PS3 because the PS3 upscales PS2 games, as well as DVDs."

However, I don't know of any comparisons that have been done between the PS3 and upconverting DVD players ... I would assume that the quality of the PS3 is as good, if not better, than that of upconverting DVD players ... but I'm not positive. Hey, you could be the first one to do a comparison :D.

Heh, that was a sneaky way to get it into the FAQ. I was mostly skimming, so putting it under the heading of PS2 games looking better blew it right over my head. lol. Thanks though. Love the idea of replacing two devices with one (PS2 and upconvert DVD player). I'll do a comparison if I ever get this thing done.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

[QUOTE="Srinivassa"]RAQ? (Rarely Asked Question) I know the PS3 has Blue-Ray, but does it also do DVD upconvert for SD DVDs? I have an upconvert DVD player now that is wonderful. I'm wondering if I can completely do away with it if I get a PS3.Srinivassa

"Will PS2 games look better when they're played on a PS3? What about DVDs?

Heh, that was a sneaky way to get it into the FAQ. I was mostly skimming, so putting it under the heading of PS2 games looking better blew it right over my head. lol. Thanks though. Love the idea of replacing two devices with one (PS2 and upconvert DVD player). I'll do a comparison if I ever get this thing done.

I made a minor edit to the FAQ as shown above ... and be sure to share your results with us when you do your comparison.

MrFisty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 MrFisty
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

Thanks. There's a lot of really useful information here. I'm trying to decide if I sell up my 360 and the 20 or so games I have for it and get a PS3 (ongoing problems with my 360 hardware are the main motivator).

In Australia, we only seem to have the 40GB model. Has anyone here got experience with that one or what the drawbacks to this model are?

Personally I'm finding it extremely difficult to get level headed advice on getting a PS3 that doesn't revert to arguments about Halo (I've played it, I've finished it on Hardcore, I'm not that interested anymore). As far as I can tell people are saying the pros and cons of the PS3 is that it has superior hardware reliability but doesn't have a particularly large games library. Vice versa for the 360. However, it does look like PS3 has better exclusives this year and shares most of the big name releases.

How does the PS3 go as a DVD/BD player for every day use? The 360 is not that good mainly because the system itself is so loud. Also, when is Home and the rumble Sixaxis due? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm a little new to this side of the fence.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 abdelmessih101

Thanks. There's a lot of really useful information here. I'm trying to decide if I sell up my 360 and the 20 or so games I have for it and get a PS3 (ongoing problems with my 360 hardware are the main motivator).

In Australia, we only seem to have the 40GB model. Has anyone here got experience with that one or what the drawbacks to this model are?

40GB fewer, 2 USB ports instead of 4, no multimedia memory readers, lack of PS2 backwards compatibility ... that's it

Personally I'm finding it extremely difficult to get level headed advice on getting a PS3 that doesn't revert to arguments about Halo (I've played it, I've finished it on Hardcore, I'm not that interested anymore). As far as I can tell people are saying the pros and cons of the PS3 is that it has superior hardware reliability but doesn't have a particularly large games library. Vice versa for the 360. However, it does look like PS3 has better exclusives this year and shares most of the big name releases.

How does the PS3 go as a DVD/BD player for every day use? The 360 is not that good mainly because the system itself is so loud. Also, when is Home and the rumble Sixaxis due? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm a little new to this side of the fence.

The PS3 is comparable in quality to expensive standalone Blu-Ray players and upconverting DVD players. Home is still in beta and the Dualshock 3 (SIXAXIS + rumble) is due sometime in the spring.

MrFisty
Ichigo_Ban_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ichigo_Ban_Kai
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts
hey what are the steps for downloading music on to my ps3 with a usb flash drive
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 abdelmessih101

hey what are the steps for downloading music on to my ps3 with a usb flash driveIchigo_Ban_Kai

Just go to music on the XMB, go into your USB device, press triangle on the tracks or folders that you want, and select copy and you're done. The XMB is very user-friendly.

Ichigo_Ban_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ichigo_Ban_Kai
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

[QUOTE="Ichigo_Ban_Kai"]hey what are the steps for downloading music on to my ps3 with a usb flash driveabdelmessih101

Just go to music on the XMB, go into your USB device, press triangle on the tracks or folders that you want, and select copy and you're done. The XMB is very user-friendly.

wow,thz!

ps.and thats was fast i expected to wait at least a day for an answer,or at least get answered by someone else,all i can say is this is good service

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

[QUOTE="Ichigo_Ban_Kai"]hey what are the steps for downloading music on to my ps3 with a usb flash driveIchigo_Ban_Kai

wow,thz!

ps.and thats was fast i expected to wait at least a day for an answer,or at least get answered by someone else,all i can say is this is good service

:lol: I always check when someone posts on this thread :lol: you're welcome :lol:

punisher619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 punisher619
Member since 2005 • 8364 Posts
How do you sign on the the playstation network. I tried but it didn't work. Do I have to go on a website to do it?
palata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 palata
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

hello, i wanted to know about ps3 and its compatibility. In ps2, when you bought the playstation in europe, USA games wherent compatible with this playstation and they did not work and we needed to buy only games from the region that the ps2 was bought. I wanted to know if it happens the same with ps3, as i may be buying one from london, but commonly ordering USA games. apart from this i wanted to know about the difference betwwen 20 40 60 and 80 gb´s of playstations as the price is diferent. than you.

punisher619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 punisher619
Member since 2005 • 8364 Posts
Also I got the 40gb and it won't play my PS2 games. Will it? Or is there something I can get for it to work.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

hello, i wanted to know about ps3 and its compatibility. In ps2, when you bought the playstation in europe, USA games wherent compatible with this playstation and they did not work and we needed to buy only games from the region that the ps2 was bought. I wanted to know if it happens the same with ps3, as i may be buying one from london, but commonly ordering USA games.

palata

PS3 games aren't region-locked. PS2 games and movies are still however region-locked on it.

Also I got the 40gb and it won't play my PS2 games. Will it? Or is there something I can get for it to work.punisher619

The 40GB SKU will not play PS2 games. PS2 Backwards Compatibility has been removed from it.

ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ss5vegetunks

firstlet me say something, this faq rocks!!, very nice faq, and my next question is :

If I go on Internet on my 40Gb PS3, u know youtube google and everything, will my ps3 get viruses, I m just talking about safe sites, not bad sites that involve adult content, just safe sites and safe stuff, will i get any viruses on my ps3, plz tell me !! thnx alot, ur faq rocks, but u rock even more for creating sumthing this good, thnx!!

ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ss5vegetunks

firstlet me say something, this faq rocks!!, very nice faq, and my next question is :

If I go on Internet on my 40Gb PS3, u know youtube google and everything, will my ps3 get viruses, I m just talking about safe sites, not bad sites that involve adult content, just safe sites and safe stuff, will i get any viruses on my ps3, plz tell me !! thnx alot, ur faq rocks, but u rock even more for creating sumthing this good, thnx!!

ss5vegetunks
hh yeah by the way, i took ur advice and got an HD tv with my ps3, and let me tell u something, it feels like i m in the move/game, thnx alot, it looks so detailed and good!!
ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ss5vegetunks
I wanted to ask u something, althoug i have already asked u this before, but If i go on internet, google and youtube and all of thise sites on my 40 gb PS3, will i get viruses on my ps3?? thnx alot for creating this faq and thanks alot for answering my question!!
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#99 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I wanted to ask u something, althoug i have already asked u this before, but If i go on internet, google and youtube and all of thise sites on my 40 gb PS3, will i get viruses on my ps3?? thnx alot for creating this faq and thanks alot for answering my question!!ss5vegetunks

So far, I have heard of no-one who has had this happen with any console, much less the PS3. The reason being that viruses are typically programmed to exploit a weakness or security hole in a computer's operating system. With major operating systems, such as Windows and now, with the recent boost in popularity, Mac O/S, there are often a large number of weaknesses that can be exploited by hackers. Additionally, hackers often target the most widely used operating systems in their misguided attempt at gaining fame or maliciously drawing entertainment from damaging other people's computers.

Since these viruses are designed to take advantage of security holes in computer operating systems, they wouldn't be likely to do anything to a console's O/S. In order for that to happen, the virus would have to be programmed specifically for the PS3, and with console operating systems, there are far fewer weaknesses to potentially exploit. It would also be much more difficult to do so since the consoles' O/S cannot be installed on a standard computer and the code used to write games and updates for the firmware is kept a closely guarded secret by the console and game developers.

Lastly, viruses typically get onto your computer by running executable files like .exe files or PowerPoint .ppt files, but photos, videos and music files are generally safe. (However, lately there have been stories circulating that streaming video and sreaming audio could contain and transmit viruses and spyware to unsuspecting computers, and while there are no security holes that have been reported in the PS3 that could be exploited this way as of yet, it would still be wise to use the same care and discretion as you would surfing the web on a computer)

If you were to use a separately installed operating system on the PS3 (such as Linux) then it would be possible to be infected by a virus on that partition of your drive, but the operating systems that are supported for install on the PS3 have few if any viruses being targeted against them, and you should be able to install antivirus software along with it anyway, so there really isn't a lot to worry about. As always, use common sense and discretion when downloading files from the internet, and avoid downloading and running any file or program from untrusted websites.

shortmerv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 shortmerv1
Member since 2006 • 3402 Posts

[QUOTE="banzino_gothic"]what??lol no ,on the PS 3 BOX it says u can savemsuic..AND games on the PS 3 ,is it possible?abdelmessih101

Uhh, unless you buy and download the game from the PSN, then you need the disc to play the game. You can save your progress and settings and such on the PS3's internal HDD. It basically takes the place of the memory card needed for the PS2.

you know if you go to best buy or anyother stores and playing games on their ps3 they don't have a disc inside the ps3 and the games are saved on the harddrive...because they had motorstorm the game and call of duty 4 on there,i am not talking about demos and try was playing it............