Infamous vs Prototype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
So far Prototype from what I have played is alittle rough around the edges.. Though I think Alex Mercer is way cooler and much more interesting than Infamous's Cole.. Not to mention the mutants and military you face seem to be more interesting than the thugs with different paint jobs who have similar weapons all the time.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
im going to have to disagree. prototype is going to be better and infamous gets boring just really doing the same thing. and it really gives out the ending. prototype is bloodier and kick ass and better. in infamous you cant even get a gun, a tank, or a helicopter913GAMER
If you honestly think you are just doing the same things in InFamous then i'd have to assume you never played. There is a lot of variety to the game, and even the things you do have to do repeatedly are quite entertaining. Prototype has just as much repetition. Sure you can get a gun, a tank, or a helicopter, but none are really that fun to use except for the helicopter. The controls - the feel of the character and vehicle movement - is horribly sloppy. It really really turned me off, and are my biggest complaint. No matter how cool what you're doing in the game actually is if it doesn't feel natural in your hands ( and it doesn't) it kinda destroys the fun. InFamous's controls are very very intuitive and just feel right. I never got a feel for Mercer, and thought the story was bloody stupid. If it wasn't for endless killing sprees Prototrype wouldn't have a mutant leg to stand on.
---Seeker---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 ---Seeker---
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've haven't played Infamous but I don't plan to, My friends told me it wasn't that great. I have Prototype and I'm impressed. Even my friends, who bought infamous first agree. By the way who would win in actual Fight Alex or Cole
NatoKenichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 NatoKenichi
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

After playing and completeing both of them.

I have to say, I enjoy Prototype a little bit more then inFamous.

inFamous was fun, don't get me wrong, but Prototype kept me hooked with the game play and storyline the whole way through.

inFamous got really repetitve once I got to the second island.

Overall, inFamous was a solid sandbox game, but Prototype was just amazing.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

inFAMOUS is more polished and has a better story. Prototype is more fun and the adaptive parkour/antihero power moves are badass sick. Both have their pros and cons. Metacritic has both in the 80's. 86 average for inFAMOUS and 84 average for Prototype. I agree with that.

ashes5479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ashes5479
currently playing prototype, certainly have the WOW factor with the cool moves, combos, abilities and gore... at first.... then it started to feel a little bit boring. getting new abilities is fun but after a while it gets boring and i just use the same attack all over n over again, which ever attack i think is the fastest way to beat the crap out of the enemies. Right now i'm 4 hours into the game, its still too early for me to pass judgement. but so far its a good game. but i hope it'll gets better later on. haven't tried inFAMOUS yet, sold out in all the store i visited. Maybe i'll get it after i finish playing prototype.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Im gonna buy Prototype....but all I will say is I own Infamous and rank it as a must have title for the Ps3

LAWS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LAWS6
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

played both, and i found inFamous' story to be far more engaging. well worth the investment.

T-Potz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 T-Potz
I can't believe how all of u guys r saying how infamous looks cooler and has a better story, when prototype and infamous are almost the same. There was an accident, they got powers, theyre in a quarantined area, and they can be good or bad. And yes, i agree that only having electricity would suck. In the videos ive seen, you use the same attack over and over. Theres nothing to it. U have a bunch of different moves in Prototype. Infamous is cool but I think prototype beats it.
Kosyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Kosyong
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
If you have a PS3, cop both of them. They're both worth owning. If you had to chose one, I say [PROTOTYPE] over inFAMOUS just because it's more of a fun game. Sure, it lacks the graphics, presentaion, and sound track inFAMOUS has but what's the most important thing? GAMEPLAY! It's just so much to do in [PROTOTYPE] when you're not doing any of the missions unlike in inFAMOUS. It get's boring after awhile shooting guys with electricity and throwing bombs plus the game is so easy. With [PROTOTYPE], you have so much power to kill your enimies it's just crazy. Anyway, I did wish [PROTOTYPE] was just an exclusive for PS3, imagin how much better the game would have bine since they didn't have to dumb down so much for XBOX360. You would of probably had close to Killzone 2 or MGS type graphics if it was PS3 exclusive. Would of been great if the graphics was as good as the first intro in the game. Anyway, for the fanboys out there for both the PS3 & 360, I have both. PS3 is better though cuz unlike the 360, I'm still on my first one and not my 5th with the XBOX360. PS3, more powerful, more dependible, and online gaming is FREE. The only time I'll be getting games for XBOX360, is if it's XBOX360 exclusive like Gears Of War.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Nephilim83

I can't believe how all of u guys r saying how infamous looks cooler and has a better story, when prototype and infamous are almost the same. There was an accident, they got powers, theyre in a quarantined area, and they can be good or bad. And yes, i agree that only having electricity would suck. In the videos ive seen, you use the same attack over and over. Theres nothing to it. U have a bunch of different moves in Prototype. Infamous is cool but I think prototype beats it.T-Potz

Um, actually I can't believe you think they're anything alike. They are sandbox titles with super-powered protagonists. That's where it ends. I never found a point in Prototype where I could be good or bad. You're pretty much just bad unless you choose not to slaughter the innocents, but where's the fun in that? In InFamous you do have one primary attack, but you have quite a few more at your disposal. You have a force field shield, a sniper shot, grenades, a powerful lightening storm, some electricity "claws", a force push, the megawatt hammer, the static thrusters, and a couple more. You have pretty much two story lines in InFamous also. Anyway, both games have a completely different art and story direction and offer completely different play styles. Ones pretty much a third person shooter and ones pretty much a hack n slash. They're really very different. Especially when it comes to looks and story.

Excalibur_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Excalibur_IV
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

They´re both awesome, cool games... In that, we all agree, right? Ok, they´re sandbox games with lots of places to see and lots of people to kill... Prototype is definitely more violent and with larger quantities of blood. inFamous relies on the power of electricity and it´s variations like electricity grenades, lightning storms and so on... The story in inFamous seems more organized than in Prototype but Prototype does have that flashback story telling and that makes it more mysterious.

inFamous doesn´t allow you to use guns because of the gunpowder that will explode in Cole´s hands but in Prototype you can use the military´s weapons and that´s cool but inFamous because you only rely on your power that makes it more "super-hero like" because you only use that power and it´s variations.

Prototype probably the coolest feature is you can absorb other people and transform into them and your devastating powers like your "arm-blade", your razor sharp claws,a body armour and your "Devastator" attacks that are brutal and gory(just how I like them xd).

Cole´s(inFamous main character) enemies are gang members that are disguised such as Reapers, and they´re not that repetitive... There are the usual ones with AK-47´s, others that are incredibly fast and with ground attacks, others with machine guns and so on...

In Prototype, your enemy is everyone... Mainly the soldiers but you wanna kill everyone. You fight helicopters and tanks and you can steal them. You can use the soldier´s weapons like rifles, rocket launchers(my favourite :D) and you can absorb them and blame someone else that they´re the bad guy since they know you can transform...

In inFamous you´re like a fly, you crawl through buildings and you can get on top of everything but on Prototype you can run through a building and then jump and hover until you reach the ground. Prototype also lets you jump at incredible heights and distances and run at an incredible speed...

in InFamous you decide what you wanna be a villain or a super-hero and that makes the storyline more interesting and how it changes depending on your behavior around the citizens, like if you heal them or absorb their energy and the missions change reflecting on your actions and that also gives you a new look and super powers related with electricity but in Prototype you just want simple, plain revenge and in that matter inFamous wins.

Prototype is more original than inFamous but still pretty déjà-vu with the memory system and other aspects of the game...

The graphics look way better in inFamous than Prototype but that doesn´t make it less fun...

In the end is up to you to decide but if you have a decent amount of money buy both but if not don´t also forget Uncharted 2: Among Thieves because that, my friend is a must buy game... Just check out the demo footage!

Peace.8)

x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164 x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

inFAMOUS

i love lightening makes me smile

prototype just looks lame hack n slash and too fast

x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

They´re both awesome, cool games... In that, we all agree, right? Ok, they´re sandbox games with lots of places to see and lots of people to kill... Prototype is definitely more violent and with larger quantities of blood. inFamous relies on the power of electricity and it´s variations like electricity grenades, lightning storms and so on... The story in inFamous seems more organized than in Prototype but Prototype does have that flashback story telling and that makes it more mysterious.

inFamous doesn´t allow you to use guns because of the gunpowder that will explode in Cole´s hands but in Prototype you can use the military´s weapons and that´s cool but inFamous because you only rely on your power that makes it more "super-hero like" because you only use that power and it´s variations.

Prototype probably the coolest feature is you can absorb other people and transform into them and your devastating powers like your "arm-blade", your razor sharp claws,a body armour and your "Devastator" attacks that are brutal and gory(just how I like them xd).

Cole´s(inFamous main character) enemies are gang members that are disguised such as Reapers, and they´re not that repetitive... There are the usual ones with AK-47´s, others that are incredibly fast and with ground attacks, others with machine guns and so on...

In Prototype, your enemy is everyone... Mainly the soldiers but you wanna kill everyone. You fight helicopters and tanks and you can steal them. You can use the soldier´s weapons like rifles, rocket launchers(my favourite :D) and you can absorb them and blame someone else that they´re the bad guy since they know you can transform...

In inFamous you´re like a fly, you crawl through buildings and you can get on top of everything but on Prototype you can run through a building and then jump and hover until you reach the ground. Prototype also lets you jump at incredible heights and distances and run at an incredible speed...

in InFamous you decide what you wanna be a villain or a super-hero and that makes the storyline more interesting and how it changes depending on your behavior around the citizens, like if you heal them or absorb their energy and the missions change reflecting on your actions and that also gives you a new look and super powers related with electricity but in Prototype you just want simple, plain revenge and in that matter inFamous wins.

Prototype is more original than inFamous but still pretty déjà-vu with the memory system and other aspects of the game...

The graphics look way better in inFamous than Prototype but that doesn´t make it less fun...

In the end is up to you to decide but if you have a decent amount of money buy both but if not don´t also forget Uncharted 2: Among Thieves because that, my friend is a must buy game... Just check out the demo footage!

Peace.8)

Excalibur_IV

wow you got a lot to say pal

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
infamous has more dpth to gameplay, while prototype is more for people who are only interested in seeing some gore. :roll:thrubeingcool13
I don't see how you think Infamous has any more depth than Prototype.. Infact combat wise there are for more useful abilities and variety in Prototype than there was in Infamous.. Not to mention the whole moral choice system was completely stupid, consisting of a evil man or a good guy.. Man what choices! Not to mention alot of the choices are just flat out ridiculous half the time.. Both games side missions were also quite useless unfortunately, but I found Prototypes overall combat much more visceral and enjoyable, not to mention the story overall I prefered more.. It was more of a mystery, while Infamous had a ridiculously anti climatic ending.. Thats just me though.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#167 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
They both have their pros and cons. I'd rather play prototype since there's so much to do once your done with the game. For the overall campaign and everything however it would be infamous.
ColonelRadec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ColonelRadec
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts
inFamous, I like how the gameplay on it is.
Avatar image for crooks_castles8
crooks_castles8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 crooks_castles8

Infamous :!: fo sho ====(http://tselite.blogspot.com/)

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#170 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

Infamous is where it's at.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

I've played a little bit of both and I think inFamous is by far the better of the two. prototype isn't bad its just not as good as inFamous IMO.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Nephilim83

Looks like Prototype WINS!

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

im going to have to disagree. prototype is going to be better and infamous gets boring just really doing the same thing. and it really gives out the ending. prototype is bloodier and kick ass and better. in infamous you cant even get a gun, a tank, or a helicopter913GAMER

I don't if it is me, but If I had electrical powers why would I care if I could use a gun or not?

the same applys to Alex case :roll:

JackAssXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 JackAssXD
I like the idea of a shape shifter in prototype but infamous have better city graphics and cool lightnings and bad and good effects so i'l have to go with infamous
aaaaaa12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 aaaaaa12
Member since 2006 • 564 Posts

Peace.8)

Excalibur_IV

Hehehe PS3 owners still own anyway cause they have BOTH games so stop these useless ranting.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#176 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts
To be honest, its no competition, played both. Infamous wins for me by a longshot. The power are great, the story, atmosphere is world apart from prototype. infamous has a really unique style to it.
Kaden101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Kaden101
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I agree. I've played Infamous twice through to get all the trophies, & was still enjoying it when I finished. I'm currently playing Prototype on the PC on high settings, & it looks awful compared to Infamous - Alex Mercer is the only bit of that game that looks like they took any time over it. It's so bland. On the gameplay front, I've played about 4 hours, & I'm not really getting into it - maybe it would be better with a console controller but I could find myself not being bothered if I don't finish it.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

infamous!! :D

Avatar image for David112233_102
David112233_102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 David112233_102
inFamous is better =] cauzzze it does mybe have electricity but its got more mission more more fun more abilites it has different story missions evil and good the person who said blue itz called inFamous which is red not blue i rekon inFamous cauze ittz better =P
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

inFamous is better =] cauzzze it does mybe have electricity but its got more mission more more fun more abilites it has different story missions evil and good the person who said blue itz called inFamous which is red not blue i rekon inFamous cauze ittz better =P David112233_102

lost a few brain cells trying to read that...

daisy764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 daisy764
Thats strange coz ALL I AM SEEING IS PROTOTYPE. Its just wen I went to find out more about it online that I came across Infamous otherwise I had no idea..... I'm choosin infamous btw, just coz its exclusiv to ps......... I like the superiority :P
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#182 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

Thats strange coz ALL I AM SEEING IS PROTOTYPE. Its just wen I went to find out more about it online that I came across Infamous otherwise I had no idea..... I'm choosin infamous btw, just coz its exclusiv to ps......... I like the superiority :Pdaisy764
then you see in the polls infamous destroying prototype.

-ColinR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 -ColinR-
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts

Prototype hands down. inFamous is kind of boring once you finish it but with Prototype there is loads to do once you finish it. Also Alex Mercer can run up a skyscraper in seconds while Cole McGrath would take ages climbing up a building.

gamerkitty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 gamerkitty11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
definitely inFamous =P inFamous pwns prototype! >=D
Avatar image for Nemesis-Supreme
Nemesis-Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Nemesis-Supreme
I love the powers In Prototype they look so much more varied than infamous, but infamous has nicer graphics and seems to have more of a storyline but I will probably buy them both anyway.
thexphact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 thexphact0r
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts

Difficult to say, though I do find myself more partial to playing Prototype if only for the brutality of it all :p

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#187 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
I'm going out to buy Prototype this Friday.
spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

Why the h*ll Prototype has 8.5 on gamespot.

Protoype is a bit better than inFamous

It has better gameplay and it is bigger fun.

I would easily give protoype a 9.5

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

i bought prototype over infamous.. alex mercer is so powerful..

pauljames1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 pauljames1986
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

Prototype plays quite poorly compared to Infamous, Infamous just screams quality all round whereas Prototype feels a bit cheap.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

i agree that quality wise infamous is better.. prototype is a stress reliever game, sort of a guilty pleasure plain fun:P where you can elbow drop a tank, run around like crazy, glide, destroy people violently and hijack a helicopter:twisted:

nando99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 nando99
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
having already finished inFamous once I got a little bored doing it over... just started playing Prototype yesterday and I must say - the graphics are way better in Prototype... Since I only have about an hr worth of play in, I can't totally decide which game is better but Prototype sure as hell looks nicer...
pauljames1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 pauljames1986
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts
having already finished inFamous once I got a little bored doing it over... just started playing Prototype yesterday and I must say - the graphics are way better in Prototype... Since I only have about an hr worth of play in, I can't totally decide which game is better but Prototype sure as hell looks nicer... nando99
You can get free optician tests nowadays...
Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#194 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

inFAMOUS. Awesome gameplay and blasting actions.

nando99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 nando99
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="nando99"]having already finished inFamous once I got a little bored doing it over... just started playing Prototype yesterday and I must say - the graphics are way better in Prototype... Since I only have about an hr worth of play in, I can't totally decide which game is better but Prototype sure as hell looks nicer... pauljames1986

Seriously? There is no way the cut scenes and/or actual game play looks better in inFamous compared to Prototype. And just FYI - I'm playing both on a Panasonic - VIERA / 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV - so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to make such a statement.
metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#196 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

i agree that quality wise infamous is better.. prototype is a stress reliever game, sort of a guilty pleasure plain fun:P where you can elbow drop a tank, run around like crazy, glide, destroy people violently and hijack a helicopter:twisted:

djvj_y2k
Sounds like GTA without the elbowing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

Why the h*ll Prototype has 8.5 on gamespot.

Protoype is a bit better than inFamous

It has better gameplay and it is bigger fun.

I would easily give protoype a 9.5

spy2828
hey how about not bringin back an old topic... and make it a blog post...
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
[QUOTE="pauljames1986"][QUOTE="nando99"]having already finished inFamous once I got a little bored doing it over... just started playing Prototype yesterday and I must say - the graphics are way better in Prototype... Since I only have about an hr worth of play in, I can't totally decide which game is better but Prototype sure as hell looks nicer... nando99

Seriously? There is no way the cut scenes and/or actual game play looks better in inFamous compared to Prototype. And just FYI - I'm playing both on a Panasonic - VIERA / 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV - so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to make such a statement.

thats not full HD i played both in 1080p and infamous is the graphical winner no contest and its 46 inch sony 1080p lcd tv...
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#199 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
I prefer Prototype, infamous really seems a better game but It works like a shooter, and I don't like pointing as much as just auto targeting with a button
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

I"m going with Prototype. Cole just seems like a one hit wonder of sorts. Sure zapping ppl in the balls with lightning will be fun...at first. But after doing it for the billionth time it will wear off. I have more choice in my way of murder in prototype, and that's the way i want it.