Infamous vs Prototype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

saintpatrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 saintpatrice
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
inFamous looks much better to me. Prototype looks great as well but, the production values and graphics look much better in inFamous. Of course its still very early to tell for both games but as of now, inFamous. Sucker Punch is awesome.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
I want both but if I had to chose, inFAMOUS. I want to ride the lightning!8)
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
Infamous.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
i'd probably be getting both!
5anity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 5anity
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Ok based on Storylines and Powers of wat ive seen so Far

Prototype: Guy with absolutely no memory of who or What he is, and finds he has sum totally Wicked powers, he tries to figure out who he is while still trying to Avoid Military and other Infected which have Fully Transformd (super beasty lil demony stuff) From wat i have seen/heard, super powers include Absorbing people you kill, Learning all their Memories+Skills+ change to look like em, and completely Shapeshift Skin like Turning into a full on Armoured Body suit, or turning your arms into Big az Swords =D From wat ive seen u can Kill a Military soldier and change to his Shape and Be part of the Military for a while, u can Kill an Officer and Take charge of ur Own squad for watever Dirty Deeds u want,

Sandbox game, seems Really gory, In your Face Killing, one of those if u get Home really pissed off, Jump on it and go Hijack a Chopper and cause all kindsof Havoc, Developing Enemies as Game goes on, (Enemies Evolve to you as you increase in Power, new weapons to try Counter a new ability etc)

inFAMOUS: Guy that went into some event and sumthing happend (im so detailed arent i) and suddenly this dude can Control Electricity, Havent seen Many abilities yet, but from wat ive seen is, he can Cause Full on Lightning Storms, shoot Lightning, and thats about all ive seen Lol, Storyline hasn't been Fully developed in Depth, I love how u can use Cars and things as Conductors to Help u in fights

Sandbox game, its a more Ranged Fighting style, shooting things, seems like a more Comic book storyline kind of game.

Both: Seem like an Assasins Creed/Prince of persia Wall scaling,

Personally So far im Going with Minority and saying Prototype as a First day Buy,

KCKING23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KCKING23
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
Which game interests you more and why?pnob
i like both games don't get me wrong but infamous is my go what made the game better is he's look like the apprentice
Fire-of-Njozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fire-of-Njozi
Member since 2009 • 468 Posts
Prototype by a mile.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
Infamous will probably be more well made with better story and deeper gameplay while Protype will be awesome for 30min just running around destroying the world
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts
both look like they're going to suck. i dont understand why these 2 games are getting any hype at all. both are rentals and both will score low.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Well... I am actually more excited for Prototype, but I'll probably end up buying both.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I'm more excited about Prototype, but honestly, I'm renting it first to see if i can stomache the crappy graphics. Infamous looks better, but neither look as good as GTA4 did in terms of environments and lighting. Yet Prototype seems to play much the way I would want a hero game to play: much more visceral with more satisfying powers. When you see the demo's, Mercer seems way more godly and powerful. His attacks have a weight and impact that Cole's lightning strikes lack. PLUS the enemies in Infamous look stupid and unthreatening. Prototype also looks way more populated and the action seems more appropriately manic and crazy, as it should look like when there are super humans attacking the military in downtown Manhattan.
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
It would seem that Prototype has gone all out on everything, trying to put everything they possibly can into a free-roaming game, whilst inFAMOUS has deliberately confined itself. On paper, Prototype seems like an all-out better game, but I just get the feeling that it won't be implemented as well as inFAMOUS. Sure, I might be wrong, and whilst I plan on picking up both I predict inFAMOUS will get a better average score than Prototype.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
Prototype b'coz you take shape of anything and anybody, its cool
Avatar image for BossMasherPawts
BossMasherPawts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BossMasherPawts
I have to say Prototype, due to the following reasons: 1). Alex Mercer's ability to asorb biomass/memories/identaties, shapeshift, and enhanced speed/etc. seem so much cooler and varied than Cole's elecrical powers. In other words, the one with the 'T-1000' powers is better, in my opinion, than the one the jumper cable powers. 2). The plot of inFamous is kind of like 'You don't know what it's like to have this curse' and it seems like your run-of-the-mill marvel story; but Prototype seems to follow 'What the hell happened to me and who did it!?', a path that is, while not for video games in general, is original for sandbox hero games. There you have it. PS: If Alex can't remember anything then how do we know his name.
Claverleykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 Claverleykid
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

[QUOTE="Tlahui"]prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.BioShockOwnz

How can you possibly apply such a criticism to Prototype, yet not do the same for inFAMOUS? :|

Infamous just seems alot more fun and interesting to me. Also it will probably be better than Prototype In all area It has 16 powers and is more like a superhero story. Whileprototype has 10 powers which are very similer to each other.

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

On the surface Prototype looks more interesting but I have a feeling it will be pretty shallow and not as polished as inFamous, and I say that just based on a feeling. Maybe it's because inFamous is exclusive which often means more polish and care.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#67 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

They both are similar, with open world design and mysterious powers, but for me I would go with Prototype. It seems to have a lot more various combos and gory combat looks fun and rewarding.

ctarczy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ctarczy2
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

prototype, the character looks like he has more varied abilities and the game itself looks darker and more twisted than infamous. plus i just saw a video of prototype and it looks way cooler

masterhalo43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 masterhalo43
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts

i honestly have no clue. they both look incredible.

big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 big_
Member since 2004 • 228 Posts

Whileprototype looks like crazy fun infamous looks much more like a quality game.. plus we know suckerpunch can create a good game..

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="BossMasherPawts"]I have to say Prototype, due to the following reasons: 1). Alex Mercer's ability to asorb biomass/memories/identaties, shapeshift, and enhanced speed/etc. seem so much cooler and varied than Cole's elecrical powers. In other words, the one with the 'T-1000' powers is better, in my opinion, than the one the jumper cable powers. 2). The plot of inFamous is kind of like 'You don't know what it's like to have this curse' and it seems like your run-of-the-mill marvel story; but Prototype seems to follow 'What the happened to me and who did it!?', a path that is, while not for video games in general, is original for sandbox hero games. There you have it. PS: If Alex can't remember anything then how do we know his name.

The what the heck happen to me and who did it? Is the exact same thing in inFamous. And if people with amnesia can't remember things, how can they remember how to speak in english? how can they remember how to breathe? Different parts of the brain and the way memory is stored.
daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
I think they both look awesome but InFamous looks more interesting to me.
hasnain608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hasnain608
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

honestly they both look the same

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Prototype looks much better
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#75 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm getting Infamous, Prototype is nothing more than a beat em up that will get old real fast.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#76 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Infamous looks more like Force Unleashed (in a good way) so I'm leaning towards that. A morally ambiguous lightning-slinger seems more interesting than some walking biohazard, but I'll just have to reserve final judgment till after I've played both. I worry that neither will be as deep as the open world suggests. Here's hoping they're like GTA with super powers. ALSO, I think Infamous looks better graphically, but who knows?
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
infamous looks more in depth, prototype reminds me of incredible hulk.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Equally right now until I see them get reviewed, then I will decide.

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

inFamous definitely. HE SOUNDS LIKE WOLVERINE!!!!!!

Ryland04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#80 Ryland04
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
I dono, im gonna buy both of them...
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
inFamous all the way for me!!! First of all, I find the powers of electricity far more appealing... but I'm also more drawn to the art and story of the game. Prototype looks like it'll be fun but unless the story is well done, it strikes me too much like a Spiderman game... meaning I'll probably play it for a while and then never finish it.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#82 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
The company making Prototype said that it's aimed towards "a**holes" because they're the kind of people who would be interested in that type of game. I'm not kidding, either. I think inFamous looks more interesting, though I'm not especially excited for either and the character models scare me.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 haze_blaze

I'm getting Infamous, Prototype is nothing more than a beat em up that will get old real fast.

sukraj
Yea, that's my concern with Prototype. The combat looks like it'll be cool for the 1st hour or so. Plus, his 'powers' look more like combos than new powers. The idea of learning & leveling up powers is more interesting than learning new combos imo.
Leunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Leunga
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

I probably just get both XDD

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

Which game interests you more and why?pnob
Just watched HD videos of each on gametrailers and Prototype interest me more. The gameplay just looks like it will be better than Infamous. I am interested in both, but Prototype looks like more fun. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
both for me
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#87 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

Ahh! I can't decide.

I can chose to get one in June/July and then one again in December... but I can't chose.

I'm sort of leaning towards Infamous... but still I don't know

black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
Both look really interesting, and now that I've seen a story element to prototype, I honestly can't say which one will be better
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

well..prototype for me

i like the idea of doing WAY more things than infamous

ex: you can switch bodies, summon monsters, slaughter anyone in ur way with an arsenal of attacks

in infamous you only have electricity..

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 haze_blaze

well..prototype for me

i like the idea of doing WAY more things than infamous

ex: you can switch bodies, summon monsters, slaughter anyone in ur way with an arsenal of attacks

in infamous you only have electricity..

THEGoD1

You can't summon monsters in Prototype. You can disguise your appearance, use different combo's, and jack vehicles... that's basically it. I think people that are into brawlers will like Prototype better because that's basically all it is. Personally, I've seen quite a bit of that formula already in the Spiderman and Hulk games. I'll have to wait for reviews on Prototype... it looks fun, but it looks like fun that will wear out pretty quickly. inFamous on the other hand, has 16-17 different powers that can all be leveled up differently based on how you're playing the game... there's a wider variety of powers to spread across the length of the game vs. new combos to learn throughout the game.

New powers greater than new combos imo... but it will all come down to whether you're looking for a brawler or more traditional actioni game. Brawlers are usually more so rentals for me... although I will buy a REALLY well done one. I liked Spiderman 2 when it first came out... and although I didn't buy it, Hulk: UD was fun. Unfortunately, Prototype reminds me too much of Hulk:UD... which was fun, but not fun enough for me to buy.

Mastema94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mastema94

I think Prototype looks cooler and has more to the gameplay. inFAMOUS will be good, but having electricity as your only weapon may get old pretty fast.BioShockOwnz
I think it im going for inFAMOUS... if I get a PS3 anytime soon but anyway I am pretty sure that electricity is not your only weapon and really the only things I like about prototype is destroying everything and being able to consume other people and become them

Mastema94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Mastema94

Oh yea and also it's more of brawler smash everything game vs super power and good or evil kind of thing plus if you want a game that has alot of blood then prototype but personally infamous looks awesome

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#93 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

InFamous is quite more appealing to myself.

Cole seems to have more interesting atmosphere, artwork, settings and story. I just kind of believe it's more 'realistic' aspect that pushes me towards the game. One ability - Electricity - Can be used in many different ways, even develop into something really...(Think Storm from X-man :) ).

This could go different ways as well, if you can choose good or bad deeds during the game as well, that was one aspect I saw during GDC interviews.

I have no doubts both games will offer great time to different audience, I'm just personally leaning towards InFamous. I'll definitely rent Prototype. ;)

Bantarific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Bantarific
I think infamous looks really cool and I'll probably get it, but Prototype has wall running shape shifting and veichle jacking that will get old in 1 hour? That is a completely ignorant statement I could say Infamous is a game with nothing but some variations on electrical powers too. And karma choices aren't anything new. Don't act like Infamous is going to be better just because you have some electric powers which has been done before. And neither one is going to be perfect. I would choose Prototype because from infamous videos it just looks like running around shooting some electric stuff at people and choosing to be mean or nice to people. Prototype you get to shape shift your arm into a huge blade cut a zombie in half ride his entrails kick him up into the air and then throw him into a helicopter causing it to crash into the ground. If you see something generic about that has been done before then you tell me. And no it wont get old in one hour either. I could also say Infamous will get old in 5 seconds because once you've seen 1 guy zapped to death by electricity you've seen them all, but I wont because I consider infamous a game that could be really cool (but not as cool as prototype.)
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Overall Prototype interest me more. I think it'll be more fun to play, the gameplay looks better, Alex has cooler powers than the Cole, yeah that's about it :) Prototype will be a more fun game imo, but that's not to say infamous will suck. I have both preordered already, and I'm sure both games will be great fun to play :D
bonnerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 bonnerdude
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

prototype, more brutal more blood more everything :D

superdance14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 superdance14
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

inFamous because it's made by Sucker Punch who happen to be the most underrated developers in the game industry.

fegid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 fegid
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Tlahui"]prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.CosmoKing7717

How can you possibly apply such a criticism to Prototype, yet not do the same for inFAMOUS? :|

because prototype looks EXACTLY the same as spiderman 2, it's amazing at first but even with the variety of ppowers it gets repetitive quickly. Infamous is different in the fact it immerses one by reducing the powers but putting all the focus on those powers and allows much more interactivity with the enviroment, not just some cheap destructable ones like in prototype. After the previews of prototype i believe it will be fun, but get repetitive fast while infamous will have more to it

Uhh.... what? Less powers ='s more repetition. Am i right? more powers ='s more possible ways to complete a task. I know you'll prob say "not necessarily, the environment can be used," but electricuting everything will get a little annoying after a while, in my opinion. Imagine going through a game as cyclops from X-men, now imagine going through that game as.....Inspector Gadget!!! see what i mean. Ilike the idea of climbing buildings an stuff, but i might just like the idea of running up a building a little better, assimilating people and blending in, Stealth misions, helicopter fights, throwing cars. Just seems to me like that would be a little funner. I do not know much about infamous thobut deffinetly will be buying it along with protoype too. I think both of these games are pretty short term games tho,fun for the first play through but after that..........

fegid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 fegid
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

Not to metion inFAMOUS is being made by sucker punch studios 8)....and prototype is being made by the people that made...umm.. hulk :?

ReaperV7

That video made inFAMOUS look very very repeditive. I dont want to run around shooting the same little electric bolts out for hours. Is there guns in it? i Hope there is other long an close range weapons. I deffinetly like the atmosphere of infamous better, although i think i would put more hours of play into prototype, judging by the movies

iltomtomli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 iltomtomli
i will probably get both due to the fact this month i was going to get Operation flashpoint 2 but they moved that to September. so its infamous this month instead and i have to admit they both look good, infamous and prototype will bring out our comic book side. i say give them both a chance !!!!