Infamous vs Prototype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pnob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pnob
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
Which game interests you more and why?
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Infamous looks more interesting to me....because its gave specifics on the guys superpowers(lightning). I don't even know what the character in Prototypes superpowers are.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I think Prototype looks cooler and has more to the gameplay. inFAMOUS will be good, but having electricity as your only weapon may get old pretty fast.
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
I'm more interested in infamous. I want to see the other super powers and how the citizens react to the main character. (ie: killing citizens during battle with another enemy). The devs claim the other super powers are suppose to be really nice but their keeping them hidden.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts
infamous because it looks awesome!!!! lolz
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
infamous definitely...electricity is an awesome superpower since theres so many things you can do with it..... wth is prototype? all i know is that it has some hooded guy with a deformed arm jumping on the street killing cops?
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
I couldn't really say, I haven't seen much of Prototype.
watson_twenty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 watson_twenty5
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

I'm likin' Prototype more at the moment. I think it's the color palette. inFAMOUS is too blue for me, or something. :lol: I dunno. I think it's more the fact that you can ASSIMILATE ANYONE in the game to get ahead. It's like John Carpenter's The Thing. You are "The Thing".

And that is f***in' EPIC.

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts
Infamous hands down looks better
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Infamous for sure, the trailer really got me hyped at E3. Finally a sand-box game that I am actually looking forward to, one of my most wanted titles of 09.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

Which game interests you more and why?pnob

neither one... =S not a bit..

watson_twenty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 watson_twenty5
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

Dang. Guess I'm in the minority with my Prototype choice. :lol: Ah well. It's not like it'll be a day one purchase for me, anyway.

I'm not that stoked about it. I just think it looks more interesting. Though, I agree. Infamous' story is quite a bit more interesting. What with the explosion and your mysterious powers.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Infamous because Sucker Punch is making it and it's exclusive and all attention goes to one platform. Besides, I think it just looks better and looks like it plays better.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
both cuz i have money to spend for both..
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I'm more interested in inFAMOUS, but Prototype also looks awesome.

I'm buying them both.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

Both are on my "wait and see" list.

I've not seen enough about either to get excited yet. What I have seen looks good but niether stand out just yet.

DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DeadSoulKing
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

I say Prototype because Cole (inFAMOUS) seems like he would be too limited by his electricity-only powers, wheras Alex Mercer (Prototype) is just an assimilate-and-go kinda guy.

I'll buy both regardless, because they're both interesting. The fact that they're also exponentially better-looking than Crackdown is also a plus.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BioShockOwnz

prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.Tlahui

How can you possibly apply such a criticism to Prototype, yet not do the same for inFAMOUS? :|

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

[QUOTE="Tlahui"]prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.BioShockOwnz

How can you possibly apply such a criticism to Prototype, yet not do the same for inFAMOUS? :|

because prototype looks EXACTLY the same as spiderman 2, it's amazing at first but even with the variety of ppowers it gets repetitive quickly. Infamous is different in the fact it immerses one by reducing the powers but putting all the focus on those powers and allows much more interactivity with the enviroment, not just some cheap destructable ones like in prototype. After the previews of prototype i believe it will be fun, but get repetitive fast while infamous will have more to it
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Tlahui"]prototype looks like it can get pretty old pretty fast.CosmoKing7717

because prototype looks EXACTLY the same as spiderman 2, it's amazing at first but even with the variety of ppowers it gets repetitive quickly. Infamous is different in the fact it immerses one by reducing the powers but putting all the focus on those powers and allows much more interactivity with the enviroment, not just some cheap destructable ones like in prototype. After the previews of prototype i believe it will be fun, but get repetitive fast while infamous will have more to it

Um, mission structure is exactly the same in both games, though...:|

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

I'm more interested in inFAMOUS, but Prototype also looks awesome.

I'm buying them both.

nyc05
The same aplies to me. :P
FADEMASTERZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FADEMASTERZ
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts
Prototype looks like spider man imfamous looks better. kinda like fallout 3
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

im saying Prototype, hes a shapeshifter! everyone against him, and he has monster powers, ...we always get to be super hero like Infamous, ...cole from infamous reminds me a superhero character from Marvel comics, and i wanna be villain with extraordinary power..where everyone against him!!

masterhalo43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 masterhalo43
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
I'm looking forward to Prototype because the guy has a lot cooler superpower than the infamous person. I mean,its cool to have electricity,but its nice to have other powers to. I think I would be interested in infamous more if the guy could control like other elements,not just one. Prototype will let you have a lot more control of what ever you want to have as a power.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hxcpride

and one more thing, he do sweet combo fights and make living people as a surfing board on the street! =Pof course the devastator power is massacre.This game is freakin gorey and brutal as, its a lot more chaos then infamous, you slash, u punch and kick, you kick and stab., you blow things up..its just amazing..

while infamous looks like just another superhero games, reminds me of all marvel games.youre using an electric power, and shoot em up kinda game, graphics looks good and neat, but its not a brutal hack and slash kinda type and i like hack and slash without mercy kinda game.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ReaperV7

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

Not to metion inFAMOUS is being made by sucker punch studios 8)....and prototype is being made by the people that made...umm.. hulk :?

hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hxcpride

check out this video.

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

ReaperV7

well each to their own. but infamous is typical superhero, saving ppl, shoot em up game, graphics too neat and clean.

i like how prototype graphics blended, dirty and smeared with blood and have more super powers. hack and slash kind of game.

both games hasnt out yet lol so cant really judge if prototype an ugly game yet, but i know its my cup of tea.

Avatar image for Supermanunbound
Supermanunbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Supermanunbound
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

Prototype for sure.

And everyone stop judging these games so harshly already. It's completely ignorant given the fact no one has tried them out yet. All they're doing is showing you some gameplay, that doesn't mean the WHOLE game will be like that. I don't know how you can get "lame storyline, un-interesting character" from 5 minutes of gameplay videos showing off powers....

TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts

I think i might get both..

both seem the same to me.. but Prototype do have those finishers which look pretty sick..

and is it me or does.. Spider-man: Web of Shadows, inFAMOUS, n Prototype look pretty much the same? and maybe a lil Hulk with all the destruction like..

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReaperV7
[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

check out this video.

hxcpride

well each to their own. but infamous is typical superhero, saving ppl, shoot em up game, graphics too neat and clean.

i like how prototype graphics blended, dirty and smeared with blood and have more super powers. hack and slash kind of game.

both games hasnt out yet lol so cant really judge if prototype an ugly game yet, but i know its my cup of tea.

actually..if you watched the video i linked you....you have moral choices. the choices you make in the game affect the way you play the game. So you can be a hero or an anti-hero...

hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hxcpride

I think i might get both..

both seem the same to me.. but Prototype do have those finishers which look pretty sick..

and is it me or does.. Spider-man: Web of Shadows, inFAMOUS, n Prototype look pretty much the same? and maybe a lil Hulk with all the destruction like..

TIGERLUCK

a little bit here and there but i know Prototype is WAY BRUTAL!

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

I'd have to say Infamous, It looks a lot cleaner, not in the gory sense, which makes Porotype look real nice, but in the sense that InFamous seems to have a purpose, where as in Prototype or atleast the few video's I've seen, it doesn't really show much of that.

I also do like the lightning power over this "Darkness" looking power.

To me, InFamous is a buy, where as Prototype, will probably be a rent, if even that.

KingNabster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KingNabster
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts
inFAMOUS looked pretty underwhelming.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Prototype seems to have more depth than inFAMOUS so far.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

To be quite honest im more interested in legendary than i am with Infamous

all the main character has is lightening in his hands, yipppiee :lol: :roll:

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

At this point in time I'm more interested in inFamous, but I'll be getting both of them more than likely.

I think Prototype looks cooler and has more to the gameplay. inFAMOUS will be good, but having electricity as your only weapon may get old pretty fast.BioShockOwnz

But having vehicles in a driving game may get old pretty fast.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
I'm going to buy Infamous.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Infamous. Why? PS3 exclusive. Thereofore it's being utilized for the PS3 which will probably get a better performance, plus the concept for the powers interests me more than prototype. The controls on prototype look a bit clunky like when he runs and jumps, whereas Infamous looks more smooth.
kitsune66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kitsune66
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
prototype
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Infamous
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I choose neither.
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
Infamous will be much better than Prototype since it'll be an exclusive and more worked out. The graphics, gameplay and size of the game will be focused to adapt only to one console, the PS3. Prototype is coming to three other consoles i think.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#47 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
inFAMOUS 100% i made a thread about this a while back... prototype feels like a spiderman movie game for me.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
at this point i have more hype for infamous since its closer and there's more info but i think prototype has more potential.
Rock99999Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rock99999Fan
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

Infamous. Why? PS3 exclusive. Thereofore it's being utilized for the PS3 which will probably get a better performance, plus the concept for the powers interests me more than prototype. The controls on prototype look a bit clunky like when he runs and jumps, whereas Infamous looks more smooth. G-Legend

I'm looking foward to both but i'm leaning towards Prototype due to the gameplay variety.

Infamous looks a lot like star wars tfu (hopefully it will do better ratings wise), but I do agree that prototype looks more clunky which gives me a bad feeling that prototype my flop. Maybe they will fix it in time.

deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
they both are almost the same thing but one is exclusive .infamous cause it's exclusive.and i know it will take full advantage of the ps3.