Infamous vs Prototype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
I am so excited about infamous, but I have to say that prototype looks much better.
jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I'm definitely getting both, but inFAMOUS interests me more because it's being built specifically for the PS3.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

Not to metion inFAMOUS is being made by sucker punch studios 8)....and prototype is being made by the people that made...umm.. hulk :?

fegid

That video made inFAMOUS look very very repeditive. I dont want to run around shooting the same little electric bolts out for hours. Is there guns in it? i Hope there is other long an close range weapons. I deffinetly like the atmosphere of infamous better, although i think i would put more hours of play into prototype, judging by the movies

You can't use guns in inFAMOUS because of his electric powers.

samleon05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 samleon05
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

I look forward to seeing how Infamous' one power is gonna evolve, theres something enticing about that to me. Prototype is way more mayhem cause the guy has tons of powers but i don't think i'm gonna count Infamous out just yet.

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

hxcpride

well each to their own. but infamous is typical superhero, saving ppl, shoot em up game, graphics too neat and clean.

i like how prototype graphics blended, dirty and smeared with blood and have more super powers. hack and slash kind of game.

both games hasnt out yet lol so cant really judge if prototype an ugly game yet, but i know its my cup of tea.

I think the thing that makes inFamous so special, is that you choose to be a hero or villan, so I don't think that Cole is a Typical superhero, because you can make him a Villan :P

bifpal01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 bifpal01
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
infamous so far , changing the story line by my action is something I always like, plus PS3 Exclusive , and sucker punch these defiantly a good reasons for me. but I will make sure , one of my friend is going to get prototype too .. it look very nice game too
darkscorpion08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 darkscorpion08
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

___I-N-F-A-M-O-U-S___THE BEST

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

I think it's more the fact that you can ASSIMILATE ANYONE in the game to get ahead. It's like John Carpenter's The Thing. You are "The Thing".

And that is f***in' EPIC.

watson_twenty5
xD This.
siftxx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 siftxx1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I Think prototype is better as u can get vehicles and weapons and rather than being limited to just lightening powers you are a shape shifter and can do much more like take over peoples bodies. I think prototype will be better as it looks more fun and because there is more things to do will not get boring as quickly.
wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#110 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

Prototype

kingbloo92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kingbloo92
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
HEY GUYS inFAMOUS IS EXCLUSIVE SO 99999999999999999999999999999999999 OUT OF 10 STARS
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

HEY GUYS inFAMOUS IS EXCLUSIVE SO 99999999999999999999999999999999999 OUT OF 10 STARSkingbloo92

Nah, because its exclusive it automatically gets marked down remember regardless the reason. Automatic 8 out of 10.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I haven't read all the other posts so sorry If I'm just repeating myself. For me, inFamous is going to be my next defo buy, mainly because it's the only good exclusive for what, 2 months? (Might have forgotten something but oh well) and it's basically the concept of the game I've been waiting for for a long time... super hero powers in a sandbox world. Awesome. It also looks much more polished at the moment. Colours are vibrant, animations look superb (apart from non-important characters), cutscenes look awesome and everything about it just looks like they spent the extra five minutes perfecting the tiniest things. At the moment Prototype looks like a beefed up PS2 game, and although graphics aren't everything, it's a big contender if you're thinking about getting only 1 game and they have so much in common (Kind of. Mainly just super powers and sandbox. Everything else different). But Prototype does look a lot 'cooler'. I'd like to see the shapeshifing animations and a gamespot marathon or at least some big chunks (30 min +) showing off the animations, anything new and a big look at what the games going to revolve around. Unless I missed some important stuff, all we know is that he's woken up with strange powers, theres other beasts he'll fight and theres a special part of the army which deals with threats like this, meaning there is a big chance that this sort of thing has happened before. I know some other small things but this is all I can be bothered to write. But anyway - inFamous is pre-ordered, and that combined with the Beta for Uncharted 2, hopefully MAG and any small time games (rents, borrowed, non-exclusive, whatever) will last me till this comes out, or until I have time to play it.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
I'll be getting both but infamous will be the better game and it will also get the better score
Avatar image for DemoniclyAnglic
DemoniclyAnglic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 DemoniclyAnglic
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Infamous looks more interesting to me....because its gave specifics on the guys superpowers(lightning). I don't even know what the character in Prototypes superpowers are.FF6fan

If you don't know about Prototype, then it may not have been the smartest decision to post in this topic. The character from Prototype (Alex Mercer) has shape shifting abilities and can take the form of anyone and gain their specific abilities and memories. He is out for revenge on whoever transformed him and those abilities will help him.

Honestly, I'm more excited for Protoype because it's being made by the same people who made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Ultimate Destruction was just totally beast. So yep, those are my views, although Infamous is supposed to be amazing. So, I guess all shall be revealed on June 9th, now won't it?

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

sony computer entertainment australia just gave me a demo code for infamousin my emailz!

no idea why though, kinda random. Maybe i applied for something but i forgot what it was.

i'm at uni right now, so i can't download it yet, gonna get my infamous on when i get homez.

Gunface1011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Gunface1011
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

hehe, everyone saying that InFamous plays better havent even tried it out yet theres no way of judging. For me Prototype looks better, i heard a lot of both and it seems really good.

abarua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#118 abarua
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts

prototype, its cooler

byrdcjb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 byrdcjb100
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Prototype u can change into anything around you

FLYEboi50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 FLYEboi50
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
InFAMOUS why? because i havent seen a game from Sucker Punch since Sly Cooper which is still my favorite game ever.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#121 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
inFamous, basically what everyone else had to positively say about it.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#122 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
I'm more interested in infamous. I want to see the other super powers and how the citizens react to the main character. (ie: killing citizens during battle with another enemy). The devs claim the other super powers are suppose to be really nice but their keeping them hidden. Silverdragon17
Same with me, and for me it doesnt hav 2 do with anything tht it is exclusive.
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Infamous its more polished and just looks all around better to me

I'll still probably get proto type but the story is too generic.

I think its funny how everyone says Infamous i repetitive when we have only seen maybe half the moves, and prototype has already shown us all 10 moves you get.

Ultramarine777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ultramarine777
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

I am getting Infamous and my cousin is getting prototype so we are just going to switch games after we each complete the other.

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#125 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

inFAMOUS I suppose because it's exclusive so in general it's probably better, but asking on the PS3 forum is just a little biased don't you think?...maybe just a little?

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I think inFamous will be better

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

For me, inFamous is going to be my next defo buy, mainly because it's the only good exclusive for what, 2 months? (Might have forgotten something but oh well)Adziboy

Yeah, I'd say the next AAA exclusive on the PS3 after inFamous would be Uncharted 2, which is supposed to be coming out in September I think. Well, Ghostbusters is exclusive now, and that looks like it might be OK, but probably not in the same league as inFamous and Uncharted 2.

And the fact that you get the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta code with inFamous (if you buy inFamous when it first comes out)is just icing on the cake - that's like getting to buy one of the best PS3 titles coming out this year AND getting a month-long taste of one of the OTHER best PS3 titles of the year for free!

Stirling1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 Stirling1972
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts

Infamous looks more interesting to me....because its gave specifics on the guys superpowers(lightning). I don't even know what the character in Prototypes superpowers are.FF6fan
Hmmm....then you haven't been paying attention.

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

infamous has a better story and looks better but prototype has cooler powers

jayjay1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 jayjay1993
prototype is fresh: your a mutant shape-shifting monstrosity roaming the city. infamous? a dude who kills people with electricity. we've seen it all before folks!
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

Infamous(it remind black kid on DC universe showed on "Cartoon Network)

*Karma System(if you do good you get good skill..vice versa)

*if you kill people on mission......some people on story mission will be cancelled and hate you

*its Electricity charged your battery frequently or else you have no weapon"

*Exclusive so no error or graphics error

*you got the memory to do

Prototype

*destructive hell of guy"he can crash on running on street and still running"

*Be Good or Bad(help the city or just being yourself)

*evolve like a changing monster to kill everything(

*to get clue on your life....suck some body of your enemy(or next mission)

*multiplatform(there will 10 to 20% error copy from PC or 360)(graphics or something)

*amnesia guy

DarkNohman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DarkNohman
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Bottomline : i now have inFamous and just beat it.. it is the second best game (in my opinion) next to MGS4 when it comes down to story and combat.. hands down.. prototype has no chance against this juggernaut because prototype looks more like senseless killing.. and the entire story sounds like a bourne identity ripoff.. bottomline prototype i guarantee will not receivea score as close as inFamous'..

DarkNohman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DarkNohman
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

weve also seen senseless killing before too dumbass.. at let me also add that looking at trailers of that game called prototype you can tell that the developers are trying TOO HARD to make the guy look badass..

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I'm playing inFAMOUS right now and Cole's powers can get boring after a while. I mean every time I see a bad guy, all I do is shoot him with electricity. Hopefully in Prototype there are much more ways to take down an enemy.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I can't believe people are still asking this. InFamous is an amazing game, and while I'm not saying Prototype isn't I will say that it has a lot to live up to if it wants to be put in the same ranks with this Ace of a game.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Nephilim83

weve also seen senseless killing before too dumbass.. at let me also add that looking at trailers of that game called prototype you can tell that the developers are trying TOO HARD to make the guy look badass..

DarkNohman
haha! That guy in Prototype looks so stupid! Why in the hell is he wearing a hoody and a white button up and letterman jacket? Is he modelling for the GAP?? What a tool. :lol:
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkNohman"]

Nephilim83
haha! That guy in Prototype looks so stupid! Why in the hell is he wearing a hoody and a white button up and letterman jacket? Is he modelling for the GAP?? What a tool. :lol:

I actually think the hood does make him look cooler. It invokes a sense of mysteriousness about him.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
The art in Prototype is so bad though, that I thought his hoodie was his hair for the longest time. Seriously the graphics are rough. HOWEVER, I'm not judging the game solely on its looks, cuz honestly I think tearing the city apart with those powers might just be a bit more fun than Infamous, which I did buy though and currently enjoying.
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

Is the Prototype demo out yet?

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Is the Prototype demo out yet?

flipknoc
Nope but i hope they do come out with a demo or i will be upset
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#141 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

Prototype makes me more interested. I'm going to get it before Infamous because a) I like gore b) Generally it looks more appealling to the eye.

I will give Infamous a fair go as well.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#142 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
both i playing infamous and its awesome and i buy prototype(360)
voltagexl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 voltagexl1
in my opinion i think infamous is better. i played the demo and i love how u can cimb up buildings, walk across thin ledges, and drain power from machines or even enemies and civilians. not to mention it has a pretty cool storyline to go along with the mind numbing gameplay. but my perspective isnt that great cuz i dont know much about prototype.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
Infamous is a great game, but Prototype will definitely appeal to those looking for an outlet for pure violence. I have a feeling both franchises will have a very strong following for slightly different reasons.
ooskulloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ooskulloo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have inFamous and it pwnz!!! The story sucks you in, and the game overall is amazing. The superpowers have this perfect feel, and the controls are a wonder! The missions are interesting, and the design of everything is so perfect!

On the other hand Prototype looks awesome with all these super powers and all.

I'd say that the winner for me would have to be:

inFamous

But I'm definitely going to get both (As a matter of fact i pre-order both of them :D)

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Nephilim83
Infamous is a great game, but Prototype will definitely appeal to those looking for an outlet for pure violence. I have a feeling both franchises will have a very strong following for slightly different reasons.beekayjay
I agree totally. InFamous is effin phenomenal. I love cheesy comic books, and this game has great superhero action and a great story with the look and feel of DC graphic novel. Its awesome. Prototype on the other hand is wickedly violent, and I have a lust for blood. *evil grin* I like his powers and some of his stealth tricks. Alex himself looks like a complete tool IMO, but overall the game looks good enough to please my darker half.
Espio95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Espio95
Actually, if you choose the evil path in Infamous, your lightening will become black with red outlines... Wich makes it AWESOME!!! :D
fkb90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 fkb90210
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

INFAMOUS GRAPHICS ARE NOT THAT GOOD BUT I WILL BUY BOTH

Jono789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149 Jono789
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

Wait.... what? inFamous has great graphics prototype is the one with the blocky textures. Ive played inFamous and after that im quite sure Prototype cant quite live up to it.

913GAMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 913GAMER
im going to have to disagree. prototype is going to be better and infamous gets boring just really doing the same thing. and it really gives out the ending. prototype is bloodier and kick ass and better. in infamous you cant even get a gun, a tank, or a helicopter