Infamous vs Prototype

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="nando99"][QUOTE="pauljames1986"] You can get free optician tests nowadays...yarou1000
Seriously? There is no way the cut scenes and/or actual game play looks better in inFamous compared to Prototype. And just FYI - I'm playing both on a Panasonic - VIERA / 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV - so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to make such a statement.

thats not full HD i played both in 1080p and infamous is the graphical winner no contest and its 46 inch sony 1080p lcd tv...

*sniff* what's that i smell? something burning...
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#202 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

prototype to me felt like spiderman and venom putogether. You could roam around the city like Spider-man 2 and your shapeshifting abilities are like venom. The stroy is not engaging at all. I have never played infamous, but it looks good. Story wise. Gameplay seems like a shooter.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I like inFamous much better.

Cole has become one of my favorite Playstation characters and Alex is kind of a punk. I also can't get over how much I love the great voice-acting in inFamous. inFamous just oozes production values and you start to care about the characters.

I have played both games, but Prototype couldn't keep my interest that long.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

i say infamous

nando99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 nando99
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="nando99"][QUOTE="pauljames1986"] You can get free optician tests nowadays...

Seriously? There is no way the cut scenes and/or actual game play looks better in inFamous compared to Prototype. And just FYI - I'm playing both on a Panasonic - VIERA / 50" Class / 720p / 600Hz / Plasma HDTV - so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to make such a statement.

thats not full HD i played both in 1080p and infamous is the graphical winner no contest and its 46 inch sony 1080p lcd tv...

Both only support up to 720p - so I'm guessing you're saying upscaled looks better then native... Bottom line - to me, Prototype looks better then inFamous - and I can see perfectly.. to each his own... Regarding the game itself, I'm starting to lose interest in Prototype rather quickly...
PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I have played both. I like sandbox games. Each has it's own goods and bads. I like InFamous for the story the good vs evil and stuff. I like Prototype for the brutality of it. Taking out people, tanks, and helicopters with a aoe move is just pure fun. Then you just use your whip arm to grab a helicopter and hijack it then fly around destroying bases. I hated the mini games in prototype though. Run from this point to this point to this point...got boring.

ConorOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ConorOwnz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

Not to metion inFAMOUS is being made by sucker punch studios 8)....and prototype is being made by the people that made...umm.. hulk :?

Prototype isnt about powers!! He has a disea!!!! Prototpe is wayyyy better. In inFamous you barely have any free play at all. You never get a brake. In Prototype after you complete a mission you have all the free play you want. inFamous can only climb walls with objects on them, Prototype can climb slowly on walls, or run u at full speed!!! Also in Prototype you can transform into anybody you see. You can pick up cars, not die in water, run up walls, back flips, soar, and alot more stuff. The only thing that protoype cant do is ride on a train or use electricity.
ConorOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 ConorOwnz
[QUOTE="ConorOwnz"][QUOTE="ReaperV7"]

watch this G4 interview...

check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWAnSTHYrE

A much more darker game with interesting enemies, beautiful graphics, realistic movements, and more engaging storyline. Not to mention wall scaling like in assassin's creed. I mean come on...you have the ability to bind enemies with electricity, revive civilian casualties with a electric defibrillator, being able to shoot freaking electric out of your hands while hanging on to something, throw electricity bombs that blow up, and being able to tear the whole street up with bolts of lighting....im sure there are a plethora of moves also available .

and watch this prototype interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwLI0gGEfI

....not sure about this one....but what this video shows us is a craptastic game. Boring enemies, landscape and building looks bland, main character isnt interesting, and it looks pointless........its just an ugly ugly game.

Not to metion inFAMOUS is being made by sucker punch studios 8)....and prototype is being made by the people that made...umm.. hulk :?

Prototype isnt about powers!! He has a disea!!!! Prototpe is wayyyy better. In inFamous you barely have any free play at all. You never get a brake. In Prototype after you complete a mission you have all the free play you want. inFamous can only climb walls with objects on them, Prototype can climb slowly on walls, or run u at full speed!!! Also in Prototype you can transform into anybody you see. You can pick up cars, not die in water, run up walls, back flips, soar, and alot more stuff. The only thing that protoype cant do is ride on a train or use electricity.

And all the reasons that people are saying about inFamous is all ONE THING. And By the way, Prototype is way DARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEAST..!!!! If inFamous was made by sucker punch studios then maybe you wouldnt like it?!?!? and Hulk isnt THAT bad... I mean really... they had to make hulk because there wasnt any good GIANT monsters in marvel or any where else. The Enemies arent bad either. There is that town with the people who have a disea and those huge mosters.... Prototype has more Drama into some sections. Alex Mercer is More intresting then cole. and you would think i would take coles side becuz my nickname is cole... But no i take Mercers side becuz he ROCKS.
ConorOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ConorOwnz
Prototype has WAY better Graphs then inFamous!!!!!!!! The fact that makes most people turned of is that prototype is a darker game and infamous is to bright. In Prototype the daylight changes alot and everyone's graphics dont look as nice as they really are.
haoledave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 haoledave1
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts
I think Prototype is an awesome game. Just because the story is a little imaginative (sure it has zombie stuff that you see alot...) and the powers that you get are hands on and all unique! And come on... consuming a guy just to imitate him? AWESOME! and shooting out of tanks and helicopters??? MORE AWESOME!!! The downside is the graphics is kind of low compared to most games... On that note... InFamous is also a good game. It has a really great story line. It let's you choose to be good or evil! Like a Star wars thing so that got me interested :D. The electricity power is awesome... but it seems like a shooter really. All in all, they are both unique and have different gameplay and storyline. I can't really decide which is better being that they both are free roam in NY! But... I really like tearing people to shreds and running them over... so Prototype won my heart on that :D
techno_gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 techno_gaming
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="hxcpride"]

im saying Prototype, hes a shapeshifter! everyone against him, and he has monster powers, ...we always get to be super hero like Infamous, ...cole from infamous reminds me a superhero character from Marvel comics, and i wanna be villain with extraordinary power..where everyone against him!!

[/QUOTE in infamous, you could pick whether your good or evil... in evil you could mass murder ppl just like in prototype and you dont have to worry about getting ppl kiilled when fighting. ppl are also against you. you will have red lightning instead of blue. also, the guy from infamous have extraodinary powers such as summoning a lightning storm that strikes the opponent from above
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="haoledave1"]I think Prototype is an awesome game. Just because the story is a little imaginative (sure it has zombie stuff that you see alot...) and the powers that you get are hands on and all unique! And come on... consuming a guy just to imitate him? AWESOME! and shooting out of tanks and helicopters??? MORE AWESOME!!! The downside is the graphics is kind of low compared to most games... On that note... InFamous is also a good game. It has a really great story line. It let's you choose to be good or evil! Like a Star wars thing so that got me interested :D. The electricity power is awesome... but it seems like a shooter really. All in all, they are both unique and have different gameplay and storyline. I can't really decide which is better being that they both are free roam in NY! But... I really like tearing people to shreds and running them over... so Prototype won my heart on that :D

Really? This got bumped again? Oh and InFAMOUS is by far the better game, in almost every way. Review scores also agree with this.
octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

InFamous is better from what I hear. I've only played InFamous and I loved it. It's currently my only Platinum trophy.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#214 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

This thread was started in August of 08. Would you kindly not bump old threads.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts
Bumping old threads now are we?
I think Prototype looks cooler and has more to the gameplay. inFAMOUS will be good, but having electricity as your only weapon may get old pretty fast.BioShockOwnz
LOL BSO...rest in peace. Still lurking around the forums for sure, but at least we know he's a total fraud.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#216 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
this BS again? Ugh... oh well....InFAMOUS easily....i just wasnt feeling Prototype when i played it...inFAMOUS is more fun to me...