Worst American president of the last 50 years?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

With-Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 With-Hatred
Member since 2009 • 926 Posts

[QUOTE="With-Hatred"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] Actually I think the current crisis is the fault of James Madison's policies. Though I think Van Buren deserves a share of the blame as well.

dercoo

U mean his idea that dept was good for the value of the dollar? I'm not well informedabout his policies.

Regans mindless and wild increases in debt did hurt though.

Mindless implies there was not a plan behind it.

He planned to force the USSR into a spending race, to bring about it's destruction faster.(which it succeeded at in the end)

Mindless, no.

Foolish, arguable.

USSR was heading for failure either way, if his spending wasn't reckless we'd have less debt and the U.S.S.R. would have collapsed anyways, not to mention there really weren't military budget cuts afterward.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Obama is the worst ever.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Obama is the worst ever.RenegadePatriot

What makes him the worst ever?

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

Jimmy Carter. People saying "Obama" really, truly need to take one of those evil libral history cIasses.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"]Obama is the worst ever.DroidPhysX

What makes him the worst ever?

he has not finished his term yet, every other person who has held that job is done already.
genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

I believe that Dubya is the 3rd worst president in American history behind James Buchanan and Herbert Hoover. However, not enough time has passed to judge him objectively so I'll go with Ronald Reagan.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
George W Bush. There is no other option. Iraq, Afgahnsitan, Stock Market Collapse, massive debt, killing our dollar......He took us from massive surpluses to massive deficits. No other presidents has as many destructive points on his resume.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

[QUOTE="With-Hatred"]U mean his idea that dept was good for the value of the dollar? I'm not well informedabout his policies.

Regans mindless and wild increases in debt did hurt though.

With-Hatred

He planned to force the USSR into a spending race, to bring about it's destruction faster.(which it succeeded at in the end)

Mindless, no.

Foolish, arguable.

USSR was heading for failure either way, if his spending wasn't reckless we'd have less debt and the U.S.S.R. would have collapsed anyways, not to mention there really weren't military budget cuts afterward.

Not necessarily.. The USSR spent a immense amount of money towards military development instead of other things.. This may have never happened if it was not in a arms race with the United States to abide by the balance of power..

With-Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 With-Hatred
Member since 2009 • 926 Posts

[QUOTE="With-Hatred"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Mindless, no.

Foolish, arguable.

sSubZerOo

Not necessarily.. The USSR spent a immense amount of money towards military development instead of other things.. This may have never happened if it was not in a arms race with the United States to abide by the balance of power..

Their economy was collapsing, largely due to the mass killing of workers, amongst about a million other idiocies. They weren't gonna be around much longer, and I'm honestly surprised they survived as long as they did.

p00zer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#210 p00zer
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

im going with obama, Obama , all he does is take vacations while our troops and police are out workin there buts off for him while he making gas prices higher , not helping the average person ,

Mega-Mustaine

I stopped reading there. Obama doesn't raise the gas prices, bro.

Likewise, that was unreadable..

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="With-Hatred"]USSR was heading for failure either way, if his spending wasn't reckless we'd have less debt and the U.S.S.R. would have collapsed anyways, not to mention there really weren't military budget cuts afterward.

With-Hatred

Their economy was collapsing, largely due to the mass killing of workers, amongst about a million other idiocies. They weren't gonna be around much longer, and I'm honestly surprised they survived as long as they did.

Yes and their main industry was of military build up.. You can't with a straight face say that the same thing would have happened in the same time period especially when the majority of their gdp was funneled into a military build up.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Torn between Carter and Nixon. Carter had the spine of a jellyfish, and Nixon was just...awful.

jak275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 jak275
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts
Worst was Lyndon B. Johnson, He was ok until he ****ed up big time in Vietnam
mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts
Anyone who says bush is the worst is extremely stupid. I know that I am going to get modded for this, but it is just a fact.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#215 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

All presidents since FDR...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#216 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Anyone who says bush is the worst is extremely stupid. I know that I am going to get modded for this, but it is just a fact. mr_poodles123
If you already saying you going get modded at least give a reason to what you say is true... lol
ilikedrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#217 ilikedrit
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts

Why the hell isn't Obama a specific choice in the poll?

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

I am not American and I reckon bush but people just couldn't get enough of him after one term by the looks.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#220 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Probably Lincoln, Washington, or any of the Roosevelts.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#221 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
I am interpreting "worst" as the one who caused the most damage. Carter and Ford's uninspiring time in office was too short to be considered imo. So I will go with Ronald Reagan. His economic friendly attitude paved the way for unchecked greed on Wall Street and corporate America, and sending jobs overseas. Not to mention he inflated the debt to high levels. And wages stayed stagnant throughout most of the 1980's.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#222 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i say nixon but not because of watergate but because he was the one that first put our economy in stagflation. Although his foreign policies were pretty good his domestic policies pretty much sucked. Carter had the bad end of the deal when he went into office with a stangnant economy and made it worse.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#224 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
The people saying Obama must be 12. Not a phenomenal president but an adaquate one which is good in comparison to the previous Presidents.
herby344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 herby344
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts

Bush until Obama is done.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#226 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
easily George W Bush
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Why do people bash Carter again? I'll have to go with Bush, but TC needs to say which one :P
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#228 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Possibly Obama. The only way I can explain this thread is that either people are allergic to knowledge or he must have the most terribad PR skills in the history of the world's politicians.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#229 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

im going with obama, Obama , all he does is take vacations while our troops and police are out workin there buts off for him while he making gas prices higher , not helping the average person ,

hes just killing the markets and everything he touches ,

the world wil lbe broke thanks to him

mariokart64fan

A genious ladies and gents. a rare site to be seen!

*sarcasm.

shield96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 shield96
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
to all those who are bad mouthing obama and blaming him for rising gas prices all i have to say is think about this 1 its not his fault gas prices have risen due to the uncertainty in the middle east and to you conservatives remember gas prices were highest under bush 2 you cant say its obamas fault for the recession since he wasnt president during its start and its more than just the presidents fault u can blame other countries, the house of representatives, senate, big business, civil unrest, and natural disasters 3 hes been pulling out troops 4 hey ive got a question isnt it true that chrysler and gm would have failed without the bailouts and havent they payed the us back 5 and think of this the president doesnt get the final say which most people forget because the senate, house, and judicial branch get a say to 6 yes he has made mistakes and hasnt kept all his promises but what politician hasnt so u no what would u rather have sarah palin or mccain as our president who supported the bush era way of doing things and no i didnt vote bush as the worst i voted for other bcuz i couldnt vote for lbj straight
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="shield96"]to all those who are bad mouthing obama and blaming him for rising gas prices all i have to say is think about this 1 its not his fault gas prices have risen due to the uncertainty in the middle east and to you conservatives remember gas prices were highest under bush 2 you cant say its obamas fault for the recession since he wasnt president during its start and its more than just the presidents fault u can blame other countries, the house of representatives, senate, big business, civil unrest, and natural disasters 3 hes been pulling out troops 4 hey ive got a question isnt it true that chrysler and gm would have failed without the bailouts and havent they payed the us back 5 and think of this the president doesnt get the final say which most people forget because the senate, house, and judicial branch get a say to 6 yes he has made mistakes and hasnt kept all his promises but what politician hasnt so u no what would u rather have sarah palin or mccain as our president who supported the bush era way of doing things and no i didnt vote bush as the worst i voted for other bcuz i couldnt vote for lbj straight

Was it really worth bumping a 2 month old thread?
ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

Obama. Vote for Ron Paul if you want to have an honest president that is willing to hear from his people. No more for lib-tards :P