Terrorist Attack In France: ISIS Claims Responsibility, Hostage Takers Execute 89. At Least 129 Dead.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#151 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#152 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Your geography is good. Saying that Gatwick airport not in france.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@vfibsux said:
@jimkabrhel said:

As usual, it seems that "liberals" are the real enemy.

Yep. You are the ones who create conditions that allow these monsters to fester in our society until they decide to act out on their evil intentions. If we say anything bad about Islam liberals call us bigots or islamophobes. We want to close our borders you call us bigots and xenophobes. Your little PC "utopia" you have created is destroying the western world. Yes, liberals are the enemy as far as I am concerned. You have done more damage to the U.S. and the western world than any Islamic extremist could do ....short of a nuke.

I am going to agree with you 110% as I too find liberalism and its followers to be the death of us all. My reasoning is simple. Instead of using sense and following our Constitution, they seem to focus on emotion and only emotion. They completely ignore the writing on the wall in order not to offend someone. It's disgusting.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Master_Live

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's Good Morning America that was broadcasted Friday, President Obama said ISIS has been "contained."

Loading Video...

Quite the JV team.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

"The Khawarij are the dogs of Hell"

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

@GazaAli: the world knows that terrorist enjoy targeting muslims, but last night was about the 153 dead civilians in france and not about religious people feelings

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I wonder what it would be like if the world was as quick to move on from incidents such as these as America does from it's mass shootings.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

@Master_Live: they blamed isis? i thought the blamed was on syria?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Master_Live

@iloveatlus said:

@Master_Live: they blamed isis? i thought the blamed was on syria?

Not sure what you are referring to?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Master_Live

The Associated Press reports:

Police officials: Syrian passport found on body of 1 suicide bomber at Paris stadium.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Well...I guess that's it for any EU country helping Germans and Swedes with their immigration flood.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Solaryellow

@Master_Live said:

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's Good Morning America that was broadcasted Friday, President Obama said ISIS has been "contained."

Quite the JV team.

Embarrassing to say the least. He has screwed the pooch when it comes to this group and how insignificant he believes it to be. Lets see him man up and admit his follies. Better yet, lets hear his followers admit he was wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@Master_Live said:

Quite the JV team.

Embarrassing to say the least. He has screwed the pooch when it comes to this group and how insignificant he believes it to be. Lets see him man up and admit his follies. Better yet, lets hear his followers admit he was wrong.

Apparently prior to the attacks there was no chatter so intel didn't pick up anything.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

Apparently prior to the attacks there was no chatter so intel didn't pick up anything.

For quite a while now he's disregarded the capabilities of this group and has said as much. Time and time again he is proven wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

For quite a while now he's disregarded the capabilities of this group and has said as much. Time and time again he is proven wrong.

I'm not talking about just the US. Not one country picked up the planning. If you don't hear any chatter you might think it's "contained: None of the westernized countries had a clue. This isn't about Obama and the US. European countries are responsible for maintaining their borders as well. Which one knew about this attack?

And I'm not blaming the French. Or any other country. This is a terrible situation and maybe EU should rethink their immigration policies.

Yumiyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Yumiyum
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

I'm terrible sorry to hear this despicable attack in Paris last night. No matter which religion you believe in, or who you are; What we need to do is, to stand on being the one heart and the one punch against to such a terrorism action.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

I'm not talking about just the US. Not one country picked up the planning. If you don't hear any chatter you might think it's "contained: None of the westernized countries had a clue. This isn't about Obama and the US. European countries are responsible for maintaining their borders as well. Which one knew about this attack?

And I'm not blaming the French. Or any other country. This is a terrible situation and maybe EU should rethink their immigration policies.

Things slip through the cracks. Not everything is able to be known ahead of time. That's just life. You can not account for everything that may happen. When things get quiet is when I'd be alarmed. Will Europe buckle down on immigration? You'd have better luck finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow IMO.

Obama is mentioned because of his underestimation of this terrorist group and how nonchalant he treats them. Instead of tightening our borders, he wants to bring in more Syrians. What will it take for this jackoff to wake up? He or his family won't be the ones hurt. It'll be you and I and everyone else just living life.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I see this thread has degenerated to "blame liberals/muslims/ban refugee/France are cowards" thread, even though they're all lies and half-truths.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I'll wait until further information is available on the perps (they're saying it's ISIL, I know). It's reprehensible and cowardly.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@Master_Live said:

Quite the JV team.

I agree. Indiscriminate bombing is the only answer. Bring on another quagmire!!!

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Wow this is totally fucked up. I can't understand the thought process of people who think committing these atrocities will actually help their cause.

Unless your goal is to hinder integration of muslims in western cultures.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Wow this is totally fucked up. I can't understand the thought process of people who think committing these atrocities will actually help their cause.

That is one part of their goal. They want to embolden hatred towards Muslims and give credence to ISIS's theory that the West is waging a war against Muslims which will get them more recruits.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts

@iloveatlus: If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@Master_Live said:

The Associated Press reports:

Police officials: Syrian passport found on body of 1 suicide bomber at Paris stadium.

Funny how all these terrorists always carry their passports around with them.

Must be an extremist thing I guess because normal people certainly don't do that.

Yumiyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Yumiyum
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

@AtariKidX:

All Muslims are in no condition to be interrogated on the reasons this despicable attack concluded so horrible. Watch out your words, Please.

The opinion should be ; needing to know about how to be a human before being a muslim or christian etc.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

This is horrible......but it is Germans fault,they let them all those Muslims to come in europe and now we are in danger.They must close all the europe borders and don't let anyone to come in.Muslims are dangerous and inhuman.

I always wanted to be on par with Light Yagami. Thank you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#177 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

This is horrible......but it is Germans fault,they let them all those Muslims to come in europe and now we are in danger.They must close all the europe borders and don't let anyone to come in.Muslims are dangerous and inhuman.

Muslim refugees aren't all terrorists. Nor is bringing in refugees the cause of this problem (they possibly had French passports, meaning they were already citizens of the country, meaning they would not have been part of the wave of refugees leaving the area a few months ago).

We can't blame them for the actions of an extremist group.

However, Western Muslims and refugees alike need to stand up and speak out against these actions rather than sit back in relative apathy about it. They surprisingly did after Charlie Hebdo from what I remember, so let's hope they do the same this time.

The worst thing we can do as human beings is give up on compassion in the wake of an attack like this. Even during World War II, amidst some of the bloodiest battles humans have ever participated in (don't start about "it's not the same, Hitler hurr durr"), people still were able to practice compassion and protect the innocent. They were not wholly consumed by hatred, blood lust and rage.

The whole power that a group like ISIL has comes from us portraying their people as "the enemy". They recruit new followers and new terrorist attackers by pointing at social media and saying "Look! They hate us and want us all to die! We must turn it back on them and destroy the West!". If you treat all with a broad brush and reject the whole lot, it would give rise to even more powerful groups of extremists and even bigger coordinated attacks on even more innocent people.

If, however, we practice togetherness, solidarity and acceptance of those who are different, groups like ISIL and Al Qaeda would lose all their power over their potential recruits. Welcoming refugees with open arms, and providing safe, clean housing and food and giving them the opportunity to make a new life for themselves, would by far be the better course of action. And really, since when has a Western country not accepted refugees from war-torn nations in history?

I've met plenty of people throughout my life, who immigrated to Canada to escape their home country and corruption, war or both and start a new life for themselves. People from Africa, the Middle East, South Asia and the Balkan states. All of whom are respectful individuals who contribute to society and took the time to not only engage me in conversation, but let me know about why they chose to leave their HOMES, where they were born and grew up, and forced to leave not only property, but family behind.

These instances of refugees should instill feelings of empathy and compassion for their plight, not xenophobia, disgust or otherwise.

I'm getting sick and tired of people making mother fucking assumptions about entire groups of people based on the actions of a relative few, quite insane, extremists who base their entire existence on the sentiment we send their way.

Stop it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#179 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9903 Posts
@Master_Live said:

Quite the JV team.

The "contained" Obama speaks about is in terms of gaining ground in Iraq/Syria. This attack is not relevant to that claim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#182  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@JimB said:

@GazaAli: Islam cannot coexist with Christianity. At some point in time Islam attacks Christians. I just read where this is happening in Indonesia. History has shone Islam has bloody borders. It s how it expands then plays the victim card. Islam has been at war with the west for 1,500 years.

Complete nonsense. I'm of Bosnian ethnicity and Muslims have lived alongside Christians in parts of the country in harmony there since the 1500s. Once again you don't know what you are talking about.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#183  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9903 Posts
@LostProphetFLCL said:

So Trump and his supporters once again decided to show why they need to be sterilized. These people have single digit IQ's....

So you are saying that Syria is not part of Mexico??? Strange, they both have a lot of sand.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Master_Live

There isn't any indication that this was anything other than a tragic accident:

Five dead and seven injured after train derails in France and ends up in a canal

BBC:

Plane bound for France grounded at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport after reports of "threats", Dutch authorities say

EDIT: The Popesicle has gone to overdrive:

Pope Francis calls Paris attacks piece of a ‘piecemeal World War III’

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Master_Live

Well, I got a wedding to attend, hopefully I get back in time to watch the Presidential debate tonight and see how the dems respond to questions regarding national security.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By skipper847

Hearing prime minister say be more vigilant but What is be more vigilant mean?. What do you do. Phone the police on every one what looks abit creepy?. But then again people were saying that these looked normal and calm even when shooting. So how can you be more vigilant apart from saying I just seen a Muslim walking funny?.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Drunk_PI

@JimB:

You're helping ISIL.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@JimB said:

@GazaAli: Islam cannot coexist with Christianity. At some point in time Islam attacks Christians. I just read where this is happening in Indonesia. History has shone Islam has bloody borders. It s how it expands then plays the victim card. Islam has been at war with the west for 1,500 years.

This is the kind of rhetoric which fuels people to join groups like ISIS. Making them believe its a war against them.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

That was shocking and sad. I pray for the victims and survivors. Speaking of survivors, I read that all the members of the California band Eagles of Death Metal survived and escaped the Bataclan Theatre unharmed! So sweet!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/arts/music/bataclan-eagles-of-death-metal-band-paris.html?_r=0

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

@GazaAli: the world knows that terrorist enjoy targeting muslims, but last night was about the 153 dead civilians in france and not about religious people feelings

And I'm in perfect harmony with that, but the fact that some decided to bring it up warranted a response.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@MlauTheDaft said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

That is one part of their goal. They want to embolden hatred towards Muslims and give credence to ISIS's theory that the West is waging a war against Muslims which will get them more recruits.

That's what I was thinking. They want instability in western societies and the ability to recruit sleeper agents.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@GazaAli said:

So what exactly is wrong with the reality that Muslims are victims too? In fact, the preponderance of contemporary terrorism's victims are Muslims. Reality discredits the shit conservative narrative ,and as such, needs to be warped or denied.

Let me scream at the top of my lungs that this entire shitshow happened because of a deranged man from a deranged demographic ascended the throne of a superpower and decided to precipitate time's end. If conservatives think warmongering, sophistry, and libel will erase history or decide victory, then they got another thing coming. Anything in excess renders it ineffectual. You ravaged us then proceeded to smear us all over the world to fuel a malignant and unjust ideology that's worthy of nothing but contempt and pity. Attempts to repeat or perpetuate the past 2 decades will be met with poetic failure and self-destruction.

The people that commited these atrocities represent no faith, no religion, only hate and evil. We're with you, **** these people. We're all on the same side. Lets wipe this filth from the earth together.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By skipper847

David Cameron says terror attack highly likely in Britain. Yeah cos you let them in. Again you was warned by isis them self's several months ago coming in as refugees but you didn't listen. Or did you and you want this to happen?.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Drunk_PI
@n64dd said:
@GazaAli said:

So what exactly is wrong with the reality that Muslims are victims too? In fact, the preponderance of contemporary terrorism's victims are Muslims. Reality discredits the shit conservative narrative ,and as such, needs to be warped or denied.

Let me scream at the top of my lungs that this entire shitshow happened because of a deranged man from a deranged demographic ascended the throne of a superpower and decided to precipitate time's end. If conservatives think warmongering, sophistry, and libel will erase history or decide victory, then they got another thing coming. Anything in excess renders it ineffectual. You ravaged us then proceeded to smear us all over the world to fuel a malignant and unjust ideology that's worthy of nothing but contempt and pity. Attempts to repeat or perpetuate the past 2 decades will be met with poetic failure and self-destruction.

The people that commited these atrocities represent no faith, no religion, only hate and evil. We're with you, **** these people. We're all on the same side. Lets wipe this filth from the earth together.

There have been bombings in Beirut and senseless violence in the Middle East by repressive governments and extremist groups, and the victims are usually Muslims of any sect. To say that Muslims are the main cause of terrorism or even support terrorism is, without a doubt, outright idiotic and ignorant.

However, the perpetrators committing these atrocities do represent the worst form of Islam by following an extreme path by using extreme measures. We are all on the same side but denying their motivations is ignoring who they are and why they join.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@n64dd said:
@GazaAli said:

On my part, I'd eradicate them in a blink of an eye had I had the power. I acknowledge and despise the filth in our midst. We're no different than any other nation in that regard, but it happens that ours has been emboldened and bolstered by internal and external forces and conditions.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@GazaAli said:
@n64dd said:
@GazaAli said:

On my part, I'd eradicate them in a blink of an eye had I had the power. I acknowledge and despise the filth in our midst. We're no different than any other nation in that regard, but it happens that ours has been emboldened and bolstered by internal and external forces and conditions.

Being in your position has to suck. Anger is being blanketed over you because of your region. You probably have even more reason to be angry than most people because they're trying to take you back into the stone age, these pieces of shit. Just know, i'm a conservative. I'm with you in feeling angry and betrayed by these people. This isn't a religion problem, this is a good vs evil situation at this point.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Libya's IS leader has been killed by a US air strike, according to BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-34823466