Terrorist Attack In France: ISIS Claims Responsibility, Hostage Takers Execute 89. At Least 129 Dead.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@LJS9502_basic: What? I just said what should be done. Also you should re-read my initial post as it does not mean what you think it means.

You didn't say anything. I know exactly what your post means. Do you?

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#352  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

fear tactics: making democracy work for the super elite instead of you, instant effect guaranteed on delivery

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#353  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44478 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I very much said something. Take reasonable precautionary measures while still helping those in need. What's so hard about comprehending that? I'm talking about the post where I said that I hope people don't stop helping ANYONE simply because they MIGHT be a terrorist. For example not helping any Syrian refugee because there MIGHT be a terrorist among them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#354  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59287 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

realistically how close are we to WW III. It seems like most of the worlds powers want justice from the middle east and whoever is backing ISIS.

If it's a world war, ISIS ain't exactly in a position to put up much of a fight.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#355 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

How Belgium became a breeding ground for international terrorists

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#356  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

realistically how close are we to WW III. It seems like most of the worlds powers want justice from the middle east and whoever is backing ISIS.

If it's a world war, ISIS ain't exactly in a position to put up much of a fight.

True, i suppose it's more like a world wide terrorist hunt, even Syria are fighting ISIS from within their country.

My concern is how the backers will react once they've been outed. The best case scenario is they're just executed from within their own countries.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Master_Live
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 uninspiredcup

John Kerry's speech was exceptional.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#359 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

What is it about Islam that creates and enables these extremists past any other faith? People continue to say Islam preaches peace, it's the people that are the problem.....ok, but why don't we see suicide Christian bombers? Or Jewish? Or Mormons?

Not all Muslims are terrorists or radicals (the majority are not), sure, but it sure does seem nearly all religious terrorism can be bet upon to be Islamic. I may be ignorant, but I'm open to being educated: if Islam isn't the problem, then why isn't, say, every other religion on the planet causing this turmoil in equal measure?

That's a good question, well, my first guess is Islam Religion seems poor at advancing socially and progressing towards being more accepting of, well, women being one example. And other things, I believe Islam ins't very tolerant of homosexuals either.

I for one am pretty certain I'm not a fan of much for its religious rules/policies at all. And something about many Islam-Dominant countries, seems like they always have leaders and higher-ups, that are void of common sense and aren't willing to not be so chained to the religious rules/policies, and are not open to allowing some freedom and figuring the rules and policies from the old books always need to be followed to the max 1,000%.

Now don't get me wrong here, I respect Muslims that are against terrorism and want peace, and do not want to have anything to do with going the extremist path and going on the destruction route. However I'd also appreciate it if these same Muslims that are against terrorism, are also for progression and are also for getting rid of oppression, and finally getting with the times like a good portion of other countries, on letting women/homosexuals have way more freedom/rights.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@LJS9502_basic: I very much said something. Take reasonable precautionary measures while still helping those in need. What's so hard about comprehending that? I'm talking about the post where I said that I hope people don't stop helping ANYONE simply because they MIGHT be a terrorist. For example not helping any Syrian refugee because there MIGHT be a terrorist among them.

Reasonable precautions is just a buzz word....it's not specific at all.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#361 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44478 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: lol Buzzword? Whatever man.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By uninspiredcup

Rather than striking them, Putin has announced he will stop and arm rebels if they attack ISIS.

David Cameron is trying to get the UK to do airstrikes but parliament is still pussyfied from the tinge of Iraq. He doesn't actually need permission, but being a weasily **** he's probably shit scared of negative PR that tarred labour in the public eye.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#363 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@Toph_Girl250: I mean, what is it in the writings? If you had an extremist and placed a bible and a Quran in front of them, of which one would it be easier for them to justify these atrocities with?

I'd think that would be an answerable question. I have a hard time buying people are fully responsible and these scriptures are always absolved of all responsibility.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#364 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Peter Quin from homeland lays it out.

This was aired 8 weeks ago.

Loading Video...

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@effec_tor said:

Peter Quin from homeland lays it out.

This was aired 8 weeks ago.

Loading Video...

At 0:28: "They're gathering right now in Raqqa by the tens of thousands, hidden in the civilian population, ..."

At 1:50: "... pound Raqqa into a parking lot."

But nooooooo, the US has a policy of avoiding civilian casualties.

Just ask @LJS9502_basic ! :-P

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Effec_Tor

@Stesilaus said:

At 0:28: "They're gathering right now in Raqqa by the tens of thousands, hidden in the civilian population, ..."

At 1:50: "... pound Raqqa into a parking lot."

But nooooooo, the US has a policy of avoiding civilian casualties.

Just ask @LJS9502_basic ! :-P

Russia is doing it. .. bombing starts at the 30 sec mark

Loading Video...

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@and1salttape said:

@tubbyc: I'll start with the definition of 'innocence'. In the most purest sense of the word, only Prophets and angels can be innocent. As for innocence in the context of who shouldn't be killed, it includes just about anyone (Muslim or non-Muslim) except for three kinds of people:

1. The enemy in war.

2. Those who commit Hudd crimes. (specific ones; it follows proper trial and is a long subject)

3. Those who commit some types of Harb crimes - terrorism, rape, etc. Again, proper trial is followed and complied with.

Were we to say that Quran is to interpreted through Muhammad's (pbuh) life then we would be contradicting our own selves when we try to justify that Quran wants Muslims to kill non-Muslims simply because Shirk is worse than killing; because Muhammad (pbuh) didn't do that except for the 3 conditions I've written above. I find it worth mentioning, a quote of Ali ibn Abi Talib (R.A), the Fourth Caliph of Islam:

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance

Another worth mentioning quote of Umar (R.A), the second Caliph: "I wish there was a wall of fire between us and the Romans. So that neither can we cross into their lands, nor they in ours''.

The article you posted commits this mistake: it starts off by accepting that Muhammad (pbuh) life is to be taken in account while interpreting the Quran and then it deliberately ignores his life for the rest of the article to justify whatever it wanted to justify. What Muhammad and the Quran mean by saying that, ''fight until there is no more fitnah'', is simply, deeply, that as long as there are people who commit fitnah (rebellion also counts; even of Muslims against Muslims) then there will be war. Imagine there were only Muslims in the world, then there would be only one sort of 'war' left: Civil war. Other than that, there would be no more reason given to you to fight. Another Hadith I should quote from Sahih-al-Muslim: "O believers! say that we don't wish to fight. But if fighting is brought upon us, then we stand steadfast''. What I'll suggest you here is that, before jumping into the Quran or the depths of Islam - that's someplace where 95% of even the Muslims of this age haven't jumped - you should read about the people who upheld this religion; the people who are unanimously deemed as the 'true followers of Islam'. That is, Muhammad (pbuh) and the Rashidun Caliphs. I don't think you'll find anything veracious about Muhammad (pbuh) on the internet but Tariq Ramadan's book "In the footsteps of Muhammad (pbuh)", is the best thing you can get if you're looking to know about Muhammad (pbuh) AND his teachings. As for the Rashidun, just reading their wikis will suffice, for now.

You have to understand that the worst sides of Islam have only been brought up 1400 years after the religion's advent. That ought to raise some suspicions. One thing that even us non-Muqallid Muslims do is that we adhere to whatever Muhammad (pbuh) and his followers did. Whatever political conspiracies happened afterwards had nothing to do with Islam. And whatever divides occurred afterwards, again, had nothing to do with the religion. Simply put, Muhammad (pbuh) said this, "There will be 73 sects in my Ummah, and not a single one of them will go to heaven save for one: those who'll follow me and my companions''. That is all. I hope I was of help.

Thanks for your response. It doesn't give me a more positive impression of Islam though to be honest.

One thing I'm curious about, what are the specific examples of Hudd crimes you refer to?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

The biggest mistake made was calling a "war on terror" because it implies that countries can fight against these cowardly tactics and win. Unfortunately all the air strikes in the world will not stop one man from deciding to blow himself up in a crowded area in the name of his god. I feel sorrow for those who lost loved ones in these attacks and those like it, but its not a battle that will be won, and having a french flag behind your facebook picture is unfortunately, a feeble effort and showing solidarity IMHO.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Effec_Tor

@always_explicit said:

The biggest mistake made was calling a "war on terror" because it implies that countries can fight against these cowardly tactics and win. Unfortunately all the air strikes in the world will not stop one man from deciding to blow himself up in a crowded area in the name of his god. I feel sorrow for those who lost loved ones in these attacks and those like it, but its not a battle that will be won, and having a french flag behind your facebook picture is unfortunately, a feeble effort and showing solidarity IMHO.

U.S dropped 2 nukes on a radical death cult in WW2 and that worked.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By uninspiredcup

I was held hostage by Isis. They fear our unity more than our airstrikes

Fascinating article from a man held by ISIS for 10 months.

Even now I sometimes chat with them on social media, and can tell you that much of what you think of them results from their brand of marketing and public relations. They present themselves to the public as superheroes, but away from the camera are a bit pathetic in many ways: street kids drunk on ideology and power. In France we have a saying – stupid and evil. I found them more stupid than evil. That is not to understate the murderous potential of stupidity.

Apparently they are were quite chilidish, which I suppose makes sense as many are in their 20's. Doubt I would be laughing.

They would play mock executions. Once they used chloroform with me. Another time it was a beheading scene. A bunch of French-speaking jihadis were shouting, “We’re going to cut your head off and put it on to your arse and upload it to YouTube.” They had a sword from an antique shop.

They were laughing and I played the game by screaming, but they just wanted fun. As soon as they left I turned to another of the French hostages and just laughed. It was so ridiculous.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#371 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

"In the end of time there will come a people young in years, foolish in minds, reciting the Qur'an which will not go beyond their throats, uttering sayings from the best of creatures, going through the religion as an arrow goes through the target."

Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

http://www.sunnah.com/tirmidhi/33/31

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@tubbyc: Adultery and homosexuality.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#373  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

One of Germany football stadiums been evacuated just now.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 skipper847

Bloody hell whats happening As typing above another news came in saying a British airways flight from Heathrow to US a women tried entering cockpit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 uninspiredcup

@skipper847 said:

One of Germany football stadiums been evacuated just now.

Yea, watching on 24, saying it's there is a concrete threat to all the city.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 uninspiredcup

The bbc guy broke down and walked off set earlier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12000387/Paris-attacks-BBC-reporter-Graham-Satchell-breaks-down-in-tears-during-live-report.html

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 skipper847

Again refugees where chucking water and food away when people giving it to them and saying. WE WANT GERMANY NOT FOOD AND WATER.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Master_Live

Like others have said:

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By Master_Live

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/17/germany-holland-friendly-suspicious-suitcase

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#380 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Just watched the press conference. No explosives have been found and no arrests have been made.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Master_Live
It Says:
It Says: "They have weapons. **** them. We have champagne".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

This thread about Paris or something else now?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Master_Live

@TheHighWind said:

It is about stuff exploding in the West/Russia and how in turn the West/Russia will explode stuff in the Middle East.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@Master_Live said:
@TheHighWind said:

It is about stuff exploding in the West/Russia and how in turn the West/Russia will explode stuff in the Middle East.

Yeah Serraph105 said in another thread: "ok, what do you think about the idea that terrorists like the recent ones in France had an intended goal of getting countries to drop bombs on the middle east? " It's pretty true.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Master_Live

@magicalclick said:

How did you managed to edit thread title? I thought we can't edit post after it got expired.

We can change thread titles again, except for polls.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 skipper847

Its not called soccer its football and the one you pick up the ball is called Rugby.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Master_Live

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Its not called soccer its football and the one you pick up the ball is called Rugby.

Who cares man lol usually I like to make fun of the term "soccer" too but now is not the time

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#390 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I was held hostage by Isis. They fear our unity more than our airstrikes

Fascinating article from a man held by ISIS for 10 months.

It is interesting at the same time it makes me annoyed they join for glory just like that.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#391 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

Locked under TC's request