Worst Super Smash Bros. Brawl Character

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rualex11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rualex11
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

I think is defintily Pikachu. Olimar too.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts
Olimar seems good if you know how to use him. I'd say Jigglypuff, since he wasn't that good last time and got a lot worse.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The lowest ranked characters are all follows

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

All are rated 5 out of 10

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

Jaysonguy

By who?

All of the characters are good if you know how to use them well. Wario and Olimar are high-tier characters on Gamefaqs.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

toadster101

By who?

All of the characters are good if you know how to use them well. Wario and Olimar are high-tier characters on Gamefaqs.

Prima/Nintendo so I'm going to go with the people that made the game.

Since Nintendo doesn't do any in house publishing they hired Prima to do it and they gave Prima full access to the Nintendo studios and talent that the old Nintendo guide staff had.

So if Nintendo says those are the lowest characters I'm going to go with what they say.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toadster101
[QUOTE="toadster101"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

Jaysonguy

By who?

Since Nintendo doesn't do any in house publishing they hired Prima to do it and they gave Prima full access to the Nintendo studios and talent that the old Nintendo guide staff had.

So if Nintendo says those are the lowest characters I'm going to go with what they say.

wat

That made no sense whatsoever. Tiers are made by the gamers, not the people that made the game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="toadster101"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

toadster101

By who?

wat

That made no sense whatsoever. Tiers are made by the gamers, not the people that made the game.

Yeah ummmm no

The tiers are made for the guys that actually had to make the game and level everyone off

If they say "As much as we tried we weren't able to make Link and Kirby even, Link is a little bit better" then I'm going to go with that

I don't care what the random gamer has to say with who she think she's good with

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
All characters are fairly balanced, I'm going to say Olimar just because I suck with him.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

Jigglypuff, her B-down was nerfed down, and her B-up sucks it barely puts them to sleep for 3 seconds.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 toadster101
[QUOTE="toadster101"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="toadster101"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

Jaysonguy

By who?

wat

Yeah ummmm no

The tiers are made for the guys that actually had to make the game and level everyone off

If they say "As much as we tried we weren't able to make Link and Kirby even, Link is a little bit better" then I'm going to go with that

I don't care what the random gamer has to say with who she think she's good with

The characters are even. They all have weaknesses and advantages. Nobody is "better" or "worse". Tiers usually represent who everybody plays as the most. Prima isn't even associated with Nintendo.

Chaos_Stryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chaos_Stryker
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Yoshi and Captain Falcon are undeniably the worst characters in the game.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 toadster101

Yoshi and Captain Falcon are undeniably the worst characters in the game.Chaos_Sanjuro

No, you just aren't good with them.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
Olimar seems good if you know how to use him. I'd say Jigglypuff, since he wasn't that good last time and got a lot worse. X-Remnant

Thank you. I use Olimar, and he pretty much kicks ass. People just don't take the time to get to know his play style.
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkslider99

[QUOTE="Chaos_Sanjuro"]Yoshi and Captain Falcon are undeniably the worst characters in the game.toadster101

judging by his level and post count I'm saying he's here just to troll.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 toadster101
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

[QUOTE="Chaos_Sanjuro"]Yoshi and Captain Falcon are undeniably the worst characters in the game.darkslider99

judging by his level and post count I'm saying he's here just to troll.

No, he probably just sucks with them so he immediatley thinks "lulz dey suk!"

...and I agree with you, Olimar kicks ass.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

The characters are even. They all have weaknesses and advantages. Nobody is "better" or "worse". Tiers usually represent who everybody plays as the most. Prima isn't even associated with Nintendo.

toadster101

No, no they're not

Tiers are who is the better player right out of the gate, who has the most powerful hit, heavest weight, fastest, that sort of thing.

I already explained Prima's relationship with Nintendo since they stopped publishing guides, if you wont listen there's not anything I can do about that.

mushir123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mushir123
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts

Kirby

Ganondorf

Olimar

Pikachu

Wario

Yoshi

Jaysonguy

If you get good with any of those characters you can easily beat someone use Ike or Link or any other character. In my opinion its all about personal preferences. Although there are characters that take more time to get good with than others. But it is true that they aren't all exactly balanced.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Captain Falcon is the worst character in the game. If anyone needs an explanation...ask. I'm sorry Jayson, but the people who came up with those "scores" of yours don't know what they're talking about. They may be close with Nintendo, but they do not know how the game is played on a competitive scale. They even rank Final Smashes so it seems that they're grading on a noob scale if you ask me. Pikachu, Wario, and Olimar are in no way bottom tier characters.
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkslider99

By who?

toadster101

here is this tier list from gamefaqs? I'm interested in reading it. Also, Jaysonguy, do you have any link to prove what you say? or are you just trolling?
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 toadster101
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

Jaysonguy

No, no they're not

Tiers are who is the better player right out of the gate, who has the most powerful hit, heavest weight, fastest, that sort of thing.

I already explained Prima's relationship with Nintendo since they stopped publishing guides, if you wont listen there's not anything I can do about that.

That alone made your post worthless. Snake is at the TOP of the tier list on Gamefaqs, yet he is one of the hardest to control/get used to. The reason you don't see character likes Jigglypuff at the top is because she's naturally unpopular because of her physical appearence, so people don't bother practicing with her, play as her once, and then assume she sucks because they can't use the character properly. "she is at da botom of da teir list cuz she sux"

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 toadster101
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

By who?

darkslider99

here is this tier list from gamefaqs? I'm interested in reading it. Also, Jaysonguy, do you have any link to prove what you say? or are you just trolling?

There's many, which are constructed by the actual pros. Here's one:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=44003814

There's other ones, too. Usually, Snake and MK always stay near the TOP. Wario, Game and Watch, and Olimar are usually in the higher, very high tiers.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I haven't found a character yet that is 'worse' then the others.
Lol @ the list. Pikachu and Wario are bad? Or even Yoshi?

Learn to play them maybe, or go online with good players of certain characters and get your ass kicked by them.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

Jaysonguy

No, no they're not

What's their to listen to? You keep sayin the same thing.

SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SakuWRYYYYY
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

TOP TIER

Snake

Metaknight

Mr. Game&Watch

VERY HIGH TIER

Marth

Falco

Rob

King DeDeDe

Pit

Olimar

HIGH TIER

Toon Link

Wario

Pikachu

Wolf

Zelda

Lucario

Donkey Kong

Fox

Diddy Kong

Ice Climbers

MID TIER

Lucas

Kirby

Luigi

Ness

Pokemon Trainer

Ike

Mario

LOW TIER

Zero Suit Samus

Peach

Ganondorf

Bowser

Sheik

Link

BOTTOM TIER

Sonic

Samus

JigglyPuff

Captain Falcon

Yoshi

That's the official tier list for the game, as astated by everyone on gamefaqs.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="toadster101"]

toadster101

No, no they're not

That alone made your post worthless. Snake is at the TOP of the tier list on Gamefaqs, yet he is one of the hardest to control/get used to. The reason you don't see character likes Jigglypuff at the top is because she's naturally unpopular because of her physical appearence, so people don't bother practicing with her, play as her once, and then assume she sucks because they can't use the character properly. "she is at da botom of da teir list cuz she sux"

Learn the definition of tiers then come back to us since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

You're not the first to say "but you just suck with the character!". Do you know how many people on the brawl boards say that line and have it debunked so many times?

Believe what you want, but as it's known, characters like falcon and yoshi and jiggly are just plain not good. If you actually knew how good falcon was in melee, you'd realize how nerfed he is in brawl.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

By who?

darkslider99

That Prima is now associated with Nintendo for guides and such?

Yup, you just need to visit their site to check it out

Unless anyone thinks that Nintendo just likes to do free advertising for the heck of it

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sonick54

Jason, you can't be serious with agreeing with prima. They aren't the ones who make the tier list. They don't play the game on a competive level nor do they know about each character's metagame. Even the guy with the penguin avatar (sorry, forgot your name :P) said that they class final smashes, which aren;t even used in competitive play because of their broken nature.

SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SakuWRYYYYY
[QUOTE="toadster101"]

Jaysonguy

No, no they're not

WRONG.

Tiers are usually made based on tournament results.

E.g, snake wins the most tournaments so he is the top on top tier.

Other tier list are made based on who they THINK is better.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 toadster101

Well, I wouldn't have know, since I stopped subscribing to Nintendo Power months ago after they started sucking.

Well, I did sound contradicting when defining tiers, but that's not what I tried to sound like. I don't agree with tiers at all, in fact, I was just trying to point out that Olimar and Wario don't suck.

...but then I said "Yoshi and Falcon don't suck", yet on the same tier list, it shows they do. I made an oopsie.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkslider99

SakuWRYYYYY

Although it looks like a decent list...it's hardly official :|
SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SakuWRYYYYY
[QUOTE="SakuWRYYYYY"]

darkslider99

Sorry I have to reword that.

That is the mst accurate tier list as stated my MOST people on gamefaqs.

Usually the people who disagree with it just wan't their characters higher on the list.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkslider99
[QUOTE="darkslider99"][QUOTE="toadster101"]

By who?

Jaysonguy

That Prima is now associated with Nintendo for guides and such?

Yup, you just need to visit their site to check it out

Unless anyone thinks that Nintendo just likes to do free advertising for the heck of it

Proof of this Tier list I meant... or did I miss the link you posted?
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkslider99
[QUOTE="darkslider99"][QUOTE="SakuWRYYYYY"]

SakuWRYYYYY

Usually the people who disagree with it just wan't their characters higher on the list.

That's better :P Looks like a good list, but it more so comes down to skill in the long run.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sonick54

[QUOTE="SakuWRYYYYY"]

darkslider99

it can never be official because tiers always change. Brawl came out just recently, drastic changes could be made into the year. It's possible characters like pit or marth could become top over snake. Tiers are just there to show a character's strenght based on tournament results and the character's overall advantages.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 toadster101

There isn't an official tier list yet. Melee's took quite a few years to form. That list will probably resemble the final thing, but it could shift around some more.

You see, Wario and Olimar started out low because not many people really used them.

...but once the word spread around that they were in fact good characters, more people starting playing as them, thus they moved up because of their hard to do, yet rewarding techniques. Wario is the new Jigglypuff. Everybody assumes he sucks, but he's surprsingly one of the better characters. Same with Snake.

I personally think C. Falcon and Yoshi's true skills are yet to be discovered, but when they are, they will move up.

eab444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eab444
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff were two of my favorite characters in the previous games, but they feel much weaker in Brawl.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 toadster101
I'm roxxor with Falcon, but Jigglypuff does feel a lot worse.
SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SakuWRYYYYY
[QUOTE="SakuWRYYYYY"][QUOTE="darkslider99"][QUOTE="SakuWRYYYYY"]

darkslider99

That's better :P Looks like a good list, but it more so comes down to skill in the long run.

Think of it this way.

Snake fighting Captain falcon, they are of equal skill. lets see...

Snake.

good projectiles

Godly tilts

awesome recovery

The best for mindgames.

Really good edgeguarder.

No speed but it doesn't matter when they have to apporach you.

Captain Falcon

Fast.

No projectiles.

No approach

Lacks range

Decent, but slow B move

Decent recovery

Who do you think is going to win?:question:

My vote is snake.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 toadster101
It depends how skilled the players are, really. If they are of the same skill, I might give an edge toward Snake, but I'm still not a supporter of tiers.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZumaJones07
I personally think C. Falcon and Yoshi's true skills are yet to be discovered, but when they are, they will move up.toadster101
Jiggs maybe...but Captain Falcon's priority in attacks over other characters is virtually non existent. If you combine that with a moveset that has lots of start up/downtime and the fact that he can't combo and the fact that most of his moves can be stopped with a jab or projectile, he doesn't have a lot going for him in the competitive scene. He's good with all the power and speed he has, but a smart player will know how to stop it. The reverse Falcon Punch is a good thing to use to catch opponents off guard though...and it's funny :P
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jaysonguy

Proof of this Tier list I meant... or did I miss the link you posted?darkslider99

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood

It's the guide itself so there's no link to the guide

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 toadster101

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I personally think C. Falcon and Yoshi's true skills are yet to be discovered, but when they are, they will move up.ZumaJones07
Jiggs maybe...but Captain Falcon's priority in attacks over other characters is virtually non existent. If you combine that with a moveset that has lots of start up/downtime and the fact that he can't combo and the fact that most of his moves can be stopped with a jab or projectile, he doesn't have a lot going for him in the competitive scene. He's good with all the power and speed he has, but a smart player will know how to stop it. The reverse Falcon Punch is a good thing to use to catch opponents off guard though...and it's funny :P

Good point. Ganondorf is proabably better overall. His side B is far superior.

SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SakuWRYYYYY

[QUOTE="toadster101"]I personally think C. Falcon and Yoshi's true skills are yet to be discovered, but when they are, they will move up.ZumaJones07

I don't really think he has power...

But he has good speed, but fighting a projectile character, it doesn't matter when he has to apporach.

and I know since I main him. I usually get 4-stocked by snake and toon link and zelda

The knee is also fun to land. :P

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 toadster101
I main Wario and I would love to see the faces of everybody that doesn't expect me to win ( or do well, if I do indeed lose ). Nobody expects Wario. He can be absolutely deadly if used properly.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

worst:1. jiggily puff, 2.ice climbers,

and i actually main pikachu for one

SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SakuWRYYYYY

Pit is pretty good.

Me and my friend was at a tourny, so we were hoping not to fight each other. but when we ended up fighting eachother, I lost on purpose and won the elimination round. it was fun :D

But then I lost to a really good snake...

SakuWRYYYYY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SakuWRYYYYY

worst:1. jiggily puff, 2.ice climbers,

and i actually main pikachu for one

Jdog30

Ice climbers are high tier, and my brother wins tournaments with ice climbers.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZumaJones07
I main Wario and I would love to see the faces of everybody that doesn't expect me to win ( or do well, if I do indeed lose ). Nobody expects Wario. He can be absolutely deadly if used properly.toadster101
I'd like to play a good Wario... wanna swap codes and play later on? gimme a PM if you're up for it. :D
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Sigil-
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
Game and watch, hes crap.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZumaJones07
Game and watch, hes crap.-Sigil-
lol... he's my current main. And he's pretty badass... It's like Sakurai gave him steroids :lol: Wanna swap codes and play later today?