Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

for mmos i basically know about:

1. animal crossing wii will apparently be an mmo with social networking aspects

2. hullbreach online has created an mmo beta to be used with the wiis internet channel

3.shadowbane is hiring people who can work on the wii, and people who can work with mmos, could be the same project

4. reggie said the wii ''certainly has enough power to run an MMO''

hope thats helpfull

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#252 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
[QUOTE="DannyRice"]

[QUOTE="J-man45"]Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?J-man45

Since Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II and Rock Band were made by the same devs and they're the ones who actually innovate, I'm getting Rock Band.

Guitar Hero III, as you probably noticed, didn't innovate much, and neither will Guitar Hero: Aerosmith... And Guitar Hero: World Tour will just copy Rock Band. Meanwhile, the group behind Rock Band will continue to innovate first... So yeah Rock Band's a better choice imo.

The one I will get is Guitar Hero: On Tour for DS, since it's the first time they're actually innovating in the Activision Guitar Hero group... But this is the Wii thread :)

I don't know... Have you seen the model for the drums in World Tour? They're insane! Plus I like the Guitar Hero guitar controllers better. As well as the shape of the notes.

But it's Harmonix that's innovating. Not Activision. And they're making the best choices for the Wii version imo. I'd rather deal with buying songs at stores than Wii's crappy Wi-Fi. I love Nintendo, but the Wi-Fi sucks.

Rock Band's guitar's way better, I'm sorry, but the solo idea is brilliant.

And World Tour will just have crappy graphics from the PS2 version. Just like GHIII. I don't want to start a fight, but to each his own, I'm getting Rock Band.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#253 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts
[QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="DannyRice"]

[QUOTE="J-man45"]Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?DannyRice

Since Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II and Rock Band were made by the same devs and they're the ones who actually innovate, I'm getting Rock Band.

Guitar Hero III, as you probably noticed, didn't innovate much, and neither will Guitar Hero: Aerosmith... And Guitar Hero: World Tour will just copy Rock Band. Meanwhile, the group behind Rock Band will continue to innovate first... So yeah Rock Band's a better choice imo.

The one I will get is Guitar Hero: On Tour for DS, since it's the first time they're actually innovating in the Activision Guitar Hero group... But this is the Wii thread :)

I don't know... Have you seen the model for the drums in World Tour? They're insane! Plus I like the Guitar Hero guitar controllers better. As well as the shape of the notes.

But it's Harmonix that's innovating. Not Activision. And they're making the best choices for the Wii version imo. I'd rather deal with buying songs at stores than Wii's crappy Wi-Fi. I love Nintendo, but the Wi-Fi sucks.

And World Tour will just have crappy graphics from the PS2 version. Just like GHIII. I don't want to start a fight, but to each his own, I'm getting Rock Band.

Fine. Everyone can have their own opinion.;)

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Which has better local multiplayer: Mario Kart Wii or Boom Blox?

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 J-man45

Jakendo

I've never played Boom Blox, but I think the mult-player on MKW is amazing!

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 ineedmoney555
yea
[QUOTE="Jakendo"]

yeah this game has one of the best multiplayers on wii, especially the 2 player online mode

and as you can play with the gamecube pad even my xbox360 playing friends can enjoy it

J-man45

Jakendo
[QUOTE="Jakendo"]

J-man45

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

Jakendo

both are really good, but me and my friends usually play mario kart instead of boom blox

Avatar image for RdrOfTheLostArk
RdrOfTheLostArk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 RdrOfTheLostArk
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
I'd get Mario Kart wii, but that would mean I'd need to buy another wii steering wheel for each extra player.
Avatar image for RdrOfTheLostArk
RdrOfTheLostArk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 RdrOfTheLostArk
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts

Is Super Smash Bros Brawl really that much of an improvement over Melee?

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 ineedmoney555

I'd get Mario Kart wii, but that would mean I'd need to buy another wii steering wheel for each extra player.RdrOfTheLostArk

no you dont need a wheel for every person the can just hold the remote sideways like in excite truck. or just use gamecube pads for the other players

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 J-man45

Is Super Smash Bros Brawl really that much of an improvement over Melee?

RdrOfTheLostArk

I think it is! It has more extra fun features. And the fact that the Wi-Fi is bad sometimes really doesn't matter because Melee didn't have it.

knagjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 knagjak
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

lol, funny the top 3 rated i have mario kart, galaxy, and brawl =]

sexy =]

1st post!

Avatar image for EricOwnsY_basic
EricOwnsY_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 EricOwnsY_basic
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts
how is super paper mario? i hate smash bros its just not my type of game.... im currently playing zelda its GREAT
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#264 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

how is super paper mario?EricOwnsY_basic

Some of it is awesome, some of it is terrible. The platforming element is rather dull, not nearly as difficult or fun as any of the old Mario platformers. The RPG element is decent, the same sort of thing you'd find in the other Paper Mario games, as far as the NPCs and storyline go. There's a ton of dialogue, which is occasionally hilarious. But it kind of wears on you and bogs down the pace of the game.

Switching between 2D and 3D, which is supposed to be the highlight of the game, is just bothersome. It was a nice idea that didn't really turn out as good as it seemed like it would.

If you liked the other Paper Mario games, you'll probably enjoy Super Paper Mario. You might not think it's better than those games, but it fits in with them pretty well. The major difference is that all the action is real-time - no more turn-based fighting. Most people liked the game, though, so you should at least try it out.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#265 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Hey guys, thinking of getting a new game either No More Heroes or Okami. I'm leaning more towards NMH but I'd like to see what you guys recommend. If you own both, please let me know what you think of them. Thanks in advance
majinpiccilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 majinpiccilo
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

Hey guys, thinking of getting a new game either No More Heroes or Okami. I'm leaning more towards NMH but I'd like to see what you guys recommend. If you own both, please let me know what you think of them. Thanks in advanceKenny789

I own bot of these games and i like NMH better.Don't get me wrong,I love okami,but when was the last time you played a gory game on wii?Not only that, but okami is also on ps2 too.

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 riseneclipse

i say okami simply because it doesnt feel so repetitive. NMH has great action, they really nailed that part, but having to collect money in between fights was just annoying enough for me to stop playing it. if that doesnt bother you then its a solid game. (i only borrowed NMH from my friend tho.)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Anything to do with 200 points left?

Or am I DOOMED? =(

Clayinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Clayinator
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hey guys what's the best 2d fighter on the virtual console. Im looking mostly for style and sharp gameplay. Please help. Thanks
nomadph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 nomadph
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Anything to do with 200 points left?

Or am I DOOMED? =(

MonsieurX

you could send me the 200 wii points with a gift game....

...SO YOU WON'T BE DOOMED!!!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#273 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Hey guys what's the best 2d fighter on the virtual console. Im looking mostly for style and sharp gameplay. Please help. ThanksClayinator

Street Fighter 2.
jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#274 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

I'm looking for an action RPG in the mold of Baldur's Gate or Champions of Norrath. Third person with co-op play. Dungeon crawler type game with hack n slash or shoot em up, or beat em up play. I like the upgrading armor and weapons of Champions and Baldur's Gate.

Anything out there? If not anything coming?

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#275 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Hello,

I'm looking for a shooter for my Wii. I already have RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles and Metroid Prime 3 (if you can consider it a shooter). I've read about some games like , House of the dead, Ghost Squad, MoH : Heroes 2 and Call of Duty 3. I just want to know which one do you think I should get. I'd like a game with good multiplayer mode and a nice long single campaign. (I'm waiting for CoD 5 and Time Splitters too)

Thanks!

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#276 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

I'm looking for an action RPG in the mold of Baldur's Gate or Champions of Norrath. Third person with co-op play. Dungeon crawler type game with hack n slash or shoot em up, or beat em up play. I like the upgrading armor and weapons of Champions and Baldur's Gate.

jdmpastor

Hm that's tricky. There aren't any huge titles out now that fit that (that I can think of).

Dungeon Explorer:
This is a VC game for $6. It's basically a Gauntlet clone, but with more characters. If you have some friends the co-op is pretty fun. It's worth looking into more, although definitely not a "great" game.

Baroque:

This is your standard 3rd person dungeon crawler. Tons of items to collect. There isn't any co-op, and the premise is very interesting. You'll have to die to keep the story progressing. It's worth a rent and some research. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, very unique. It may not be for you, though.

Alien Syndrome and the like:

These are your 4-player co-op action rpg games. I think ultimate alliance was pretty good, although I don't know much about the rpg elements. Alien Syndrome wasn't supposed to be great, but there is some good emphasis on stats and rpg type stuff. All of these games could be a lot of fun with friends.

So yeah, basically look into those games. Hope it helped.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 DannyRice

Hello,

I'm looking for a shooter for my Wii. I already have RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles and Metroid Prime 3 (if you can consider it a shooter). I've read about some games like , House of the dead, Ghost Squad, MoH : Heroes 2 and Call of Duty 3. I just want to know which one do you think I should get. I'd like a game with good multiplayer mode and a nice long single campaign. (I'm waiting for CoD 5 and Time Splitters too)

Thanks!

BaraChat

I'd recommend Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 over Call of Duty 3. I've never played Ghost Squad or House of the Dead. However, House of the Dead and Umbrella Chronicles are basically the same idea, so if you like one you'll probably like the other. I liked Umbrella Chronicles, but I only really got it to understand more of the plot, since I love RE4 and am excited for either the 360 RE5 or the port of it to Wii (99% sure that's happening).

Call of Duty 3 really disappointed me (at least, the Wii version did), especially with the caliber of Call of Duty games in general and the reviews of Call of Duty 4. Plus, it has no multiplayer.

But Medal of Honor was very impressive. It had amazing controls, good graphics, and really good multiplayer. It's not local multiplayer, but it has 32-person online multiplayer, and no friend codes because EA set up the Wi-Fi. The campaign is a little short, but there are three difficulties, and it's fun. Hope that helped!

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 DannyRice

Hey guys, thinking of getting a new game either No More Heroes or Okami. I'm leaning more towards NMH but I'd like to see what you guys recommend. If you own both, please let me know what you think of them. Thanks in advanceKenny789

I own both. I'd suggest both, they're amazing games. But No More Heroes gets repetitive before it's done, and it's ten hours long, but you'll still have fun, and there are different difficulty settings. Okami has about thirty hours of gameplay, but has one difficulty and a few controller issues.

I personally prefer Okami, because the gameplay is more enjoyable to me and the music and graphics are beautiful. If you love blood in your games, No More Heroes is the way to go. And Okami is a lot like Zelda, and I love that kind of gameplay.

Neither one's a bad choice, and both are extremely unique and fun. But my personal suggestion is Okami, if you can't pick up both.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 DannyRice
[QUOTE="DannyRice"][QUOTE="J-man45"][QUOTE="DannyRice"]

[QUOTE="J-man45"]Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?J-man45

Fine. Everyone can have their own opinion.;)

Lol exactly!

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
[QUOTE="jdmpastor"]

Picklechugger

Hm that's tricky. There aren't any huge titles out now that fit that (that I can think of).

Dungeon Explorer:
This is a VC game for $6. It's basically a Gauntlet clone, but with more characters. If you have some friends the co-op is pretty fun. It's worth looking into more, although definitely not a "great" game.

Baroque:

This is your standard 3rd person dungeon crawler. Tons of items to collect. There isn't any co-op, and the premise is very interesting. You'll have to die to keep the story progressing. It's worth a rent and some research. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, very unique. It may not be for you, though.

These are your 4-player co-op action rpg games. I think ultimate alliance was pretty good, although I don't know much about the rpg elements. Alien Syndrome wasn't supposed to be great, but there is some good emphasis on stats and rpg type stuff. All of these games could be a lot of fun with friends.

Baroque was a maybe for me but no co-op. I have Alien Syndrome (wish I didn't). It would be nice if something good was on the horizon. I don't need AAA just a good game. Thanks for the suggestions.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 BaraChat
[QUOTE="BaraChat"]

Hello,

Thanks!

DannyRice

I'd recommend Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 over Call of Duty 3. I've never played Ghost Squad or House of the Dead. However, House of the Dead and Umbrella Chronicles are basically the same idea, so if you like one you'll probably like the other. I liked Umbrella Chronicles, but I only really got it to understand more of the plot, since I love RE4 and am excited for either the 360 RE5 or the port of it to Wii (99% sure that's happening).

Call of Duty 3 really disappointed me (at least, the Wii version did), especially with the caliber of Call of Duty games in general and the reviews of Call of Duty 4. Plus, it has no multiplayer.

But Medal of Honor was very impressive. It had amazing controls, good graphics, and really good multiplayer. It's not local multiplayer, but it has 32-person online multiplayer, and no friend codes because EA set up the Wi-Fi. The campaign is a little short, but there are three difficulties, and it's fun. Hope that helped!

Thanks a lot! (I'm also a ig fan of the Resident Evil series and I really hope that Resident Evil 5 comes to the Wii)

XogameroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 XogameroX
Member since 2006 • 115 Posts

I am strongly considering getting a nintendo wii now and if i do decide to buy one I wanna know, in your opinion, which two games I should get with it out of these 4 that i am intrested in:

Between Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda TP, Super mario galaxy or smash bros brawl.

And is connecting to the internet with the wii a hard thing to do?

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I am strongly considering getting a nintendo wii now and if i do decide to buy one I wanna know, in your opinion, which two games I should get with it out of these 4 that i am intrested in:

Between Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda TP, Super mario galaxy or smash bros brawl.

XogameroX

I would definetly go with Brawl for the multiplayer. For the other game I would go with either Galaxy or Zelda, which series do you tend to like more, because thats the one I would choose.

Connecting to the internet is simple if you have a router in your house that is set up properly.

XogameroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 XogameroX
Member since 2006 • 115 Posts

So between Zelda and Galaxy I would probablly go for Galaxy. Always loved mario ^_^

after that Ill prolly get Metroid cuz I'll want a FPS and Zelda at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Soul Calibur Legends for 24$. Worth it? Is the game decent?
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 riseneclipse
[QUOTE="Picklechugger"][QUOTE="jdmpastor"]

jdmpastor

Dungeon Explorer:

Baroque:

Baroque was a maybe for me but no co-op. I have Alien Syndrome (wish I didn't). It would be nice if something good was on the horizon. I don't need AAA just a good game. Thanks for the suggestions.

if you have a DS i suggest Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. its almost exactly what you described and is 3d to boot. but if not, i cant think of anything on the Wii...

debrady444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 debrady444
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

Two questions:

Is battalion wars worth the purchase price (I build libraries, and I almost never sell games back)? I would like to try a new strategy game because I've completed Fire Emblam many times now.

I'm also torn between Okami and NMH. The gore seems pritty cool in NMH but I'm into longer games and from what I've herd its a rather short game. I've never played Okami on PS2 either. Any imput would be appriciated, thanks in advance!

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 DannyRice

Two questions:

Is battalion wars worth the purchase price (I build libraries, and I almost never sell games back)? I would like to try a new strategy game because I've completed Fire Emblam many times now.

I'm also torn between Okami and NMH. The gore seems pritty cool in NMH but I'm into longer games and from what I've herd its a rather short game. I've never played Okami on PS2 either. Any imput would be appriciated, thanks in advance!

debrady444

Is Fire Emblem well worth the $50? I'm interested, but it's reviews are so mediocre... I usually don't take people like Gamespot's word for it unless the score was really bad, and a 6.0...

I'd pick Okami. It's longer, prettier, has better music, and the Celestial Brush is insanely fun to use. If you like Twilight Princess/ Zelda in general, you'll like Okami. But there's nothing wrong with No More Heroes. If you love blood, NMH is the way to go, but yes, it's like 10 hours. Okami's about 30. But then, NMH is one of the most stylish games ever. Its framerate screws up sometimes and the 'sandbox' world is kind of empty, but the levels are awesome, and there aren't many games as unique as it is. I'd still pick Okami, but they're both worth the money.

AlSharid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 AlSharid
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
[QUOTE="debrady444"]

Two questions:

DannyRice

Is Fire Emblem well worth the $50? I'm interested, but it's reviews are so mediocre... I usually don't take people like Gamespot's word for it unless the score was really bad, and a 6.0...

I'd pick Okami. It's longer, prettier, has better music, and the Celestial Brush is insanely fun to use. If you like Twilight Princess/ Zelda in general, you'll like Okami. But there's nothing wrong with No More Heroes. If you love blood, NMH is the way to go, but yes, it's like 10 hours. Okami's about 30. But then, NMH is one of the most stylish games ever. Its framerate screws up sometimes and the 'sandbox' world is kind of empty, but the levels are awesome, and there aren't many games as unique as it is. I'd still pick Okami, but they're both worth the money.

Fire Emblem is a really good game, worth the price, its long and very entertaining, a little hard, my favorite game on the wii.

Should I buy (Wii Fit) or 2 of the following games and which 2:

Super Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4

No More Heroes

Zack and Wiki

Metroid Prime 3

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 J-man45
^ I'd buy SMG for one of them. As for the second I don't know.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#291 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Besides JoeJam and Earl, StarFox 64, Bubble Bobble and Contra 3 what are some other great MP titles on the Virtual Console?
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 riseneclipse
[QUOTE="DannyRice"][QUOTE="debrady444"]

Two questions:

AlSharid

Fire Emblem is a really good game, worth the price, its long and very entertaining, a little hard, my favorite game on the wii.

Super Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4

No More Heroes

Zack and Wiki

Metroid Prime 3

these two, id say get the others another time, because all the other choices are good too

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#293 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

XogameroX

I would definitely get Zelda TP and Mario Galaxy. Those are two of the best games to come out in years. SSBB should be third on the list because of its online gameplay, but you won't get as much fun out of it unless you have friends to play with. MP3 is ok, but it's not for everyone. Rent it first to see if you like it.

Connect to the internet is really easy with the Wii. It's easier than it is on the PS3 or 360.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 DannyRice
[QUOTE="AlSharid"][QUOTE="DannyRice"][QUOTE="debrady444"]

Two questions:

riseneclipse

Super Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4

No More Heroes

Zack and Wiki

Metroid Prime 3

these two, id say get the others another time, because all the other choices are good too

Galaxy for sure, then either Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4

shano100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 shano100
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

Dude. After playing Super Paper Mario and NMH I seriously think both of those games should be booted out of the must-have list. I really don't think they deserve the Must- have label. I mean Okami kicks the pants out of those games and its not in the must-have section.

But this is only my opinion of course

guantsnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 guantsnap
Member since 2003 • 535 Posts

Can't decide on which 2 good games to get, I only one to get one right now, Twilight Princess or Okami, please help me decide

thanks

Nickfury101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Nickfury101
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
Guilty Gear? Has anybody played this game on the Wii, or more importently has anybody even found it? I'm looking for a good fighter for the Wii, and it may look like a good choice.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 BaraChat

Hello,

I'm looking for a good fighting game for my Wii. I have SSBB (as does almost every Wii owner) but I'd like a more classic fighting game (Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball, Naruto) and I'm wondering which game I should get. I'm a manga fan so DBZ or Naruto doesn't bother me at all. Which one is the best? I've heard about DBZ : BT2 and 3 and Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution and I know that Revolution 2 comes out before long. So, what d'you all think?

Thanks!

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#299 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Should I get Zach and Wiki or Boom Blox? Zach and Wiki is at least $20 cheaper btw..
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#300 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Can't decide on which 2 good games to get, I only one to get one right now, Twilight Princess or Okami, please help me decide

thanks

guantsnap
I'd say Twilight Princess. I loved the game. I have Okami, and so far it isn't dazzling me, but I'm just in the beginning.