Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#151 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts

I finally go some extra money and I'm unsure what I should buy. I have $25 and have been debating on getting Wii points for download now, wait a week and get okami, or wait 2 weeks and get Mario Kart. I love Dr. Mario and played a ton of it on the SNES, and now that it has online can make it very interesting. I also hear Lost Winds is good. On the other hand, I haven't had a long adventure like Zelda or Metroid in a while and never got around to playing Okamiand hear its great. Then lastly I rented Mario Kart Wii a couple of weeks ago and found it fun, but I just don't know if I could justify the price tag. The online is the only thing that is making me think Mario Kart migt be worth it because it worked great. So I'm trying to see what you guys say.

Also, Is thre any Wiiware or VC downloads that are 1400 or under other than Lost winds that is worth looking at?

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#154 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts

Are any of these games worth buying?:

Boom Blox

Dewey's Adventure($20)

Spyro Eternal Night

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Metroid Prime 3

SlinkyJefferson

Metroid Prime 3 is a truly amazing game. It has intense combat segments, engrossing atmosphere, amazing envirnments, and some of the best boss battles in gaming. The game really takes advantage of the Wii controls also. I know people who despise the Wii and think it is a weak console, but they admit that Metroid Prime 3 isw an awesome game. For me it was a must buy. Other than that the only other game that may be worth looking at is Boom Blocks. I haven't played it but some of my friends and the reviews say its a really awesome game.

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

I finally go some extra money and I'm unsure what I should buy. I have $25 and have been debating on getting Wii points for download now, wait a week and get okami, or wait 2 weeks and get Mario Kart. I love Dr. Mario and played a ton of it on the SNES, and now that it has online can make it very interesting. I also hear Lost Winds is good. On the other hand, I haven't had a long adventure like Zelda or Metroid in a while and never got around to playing Okamiand hear its great. Then lastly I rented Mario Kart Wii a couple of weeks ago and found it fun, but I just don't know if I could justify the price tag. The online is the only thing that is making me think Mario Kart migt be worth it because it worked great. So I'm trying to see what you guys say.

Also, Is thre any Wiiware or VC downloads that are 1400 or under other than Lost winds that is worth looking at?

bigcalkenobi

It seems like you'd be best to go with something like Okami. Also, I'd recommend LostWinds, but if you want a game to tide you over until you can get another one I'd say no. It's not going to keep your attention for that long, but it is definitely a lot of fun. For other WiiWare games, if you liked Dr. Mario on SNES, the WiiWare version is worth a look, i've only heard good things about it. For VC games I'd say get Gunstar Heroes if you want a fun action game. You also can't go wrong with Mario or Zelda.
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
Should I get Okami or Mario Kart Wii? Both fit my preferences, but which one?
Sportsmen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#158 Sportsmen2008
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Hey

I am loooking for a wii agme for my cousins daughter. She is going to be 9, and I need a game.

HELP!

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Picklechugger

Hey

I am loooking for a wii agme for my cousins daughter. She is going to be 9, and I need a game.

HELP!

Sportsmen2008

I've heard good things about Boom Blox. I haven't played it, but it's definently worth checking out for her.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

do you guys reccomend dr. mario?

1.i loved the classics and i found them challenging. does the new wiiware one stick close to it?

2.does virus buster make the old dr mario formula feel refreshing?

3.how about wifi. it is like brawl where your forced to add people to get a decent game or is it like mario kart where its fun either way?

4.is there virus buster online?

thanks in advance.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 nintendoman562
Should I get Okami or Mario Kart Wii? Both fit my preferences, but which one?xXTalismanXx
mario kart. okami's controls are hit or miss. rent it first.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

[QUOTE="pantrwrstl"]looking for a good shooter, preferably a FPS and preferably with good online play, thanks for any help Picklechugger

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

agree... second that.

Are any of these games worth buying?:

Boom Blox

Dewey's Adventure($20)

Spyro Eternal Night

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Metroid Prime 3

SlinkyJefferson

like a couple said above MP3. It would give you a good amount of gaming. GREAT boss battle. If you care about graphhics and sound, both aspect are pretty good.

Also of those I will say that Tomb Raider, nothing spectacular but if you like the type and did not play it for any other console is quite good. Only "bad" about it is that the control scheme may be a bit awkard for some. Thus you can pick it up and make the game quite nice.

Dunno about the others...

Hey

HELP!

Sportsmen2008

galaxy.. she would have fun with it for sure.. she may not completely 100%, but she would have a lot of fun. Assuming she does not have it already...

Also what about the VC?? mario world, DK games are great games for her. And you can even get her 2-3 games for US50.00 (I would do that, if she has galaxy)

Also Zelda: TP but dunno if she may find it "complicated"

@Nintendoman: sorry I have not got dr. mario.

Enjoy gaming.,,,,

hope that helps...

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#163 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Hey

HELP!

Sportsmen2008
Well my sister loves Mario Kart. She also likes Galaxy but finds it too hard and she likes messing around in Boom Blox. I think any of those 3 games would be good. Hope it helps
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

Hey

HELP!

Sportsmen2008
WarioWare Smooth moves for your cousin's daughter.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
I added Boom Blox to the Other section. Nobody who's played it is disappointed, and lots of people have been recommending it.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 nintendoman562

do you guys reccomend dr. mario?

1.i loved the classics and i found them challenging. does the new wiiware one stick close to it?

2.does virus buster make the old dr mario formula feel refreshing?

3.how about wifi. it is like brawl where your forced to add people to get a decent game or is it like mario kart where its fun either way?

4.is there virus buster online?

thanks in advance.

nintendoman562
a lot of ppl seem to be ignoring it so im bringing it back up.
MrNextGen101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 MrNextGen101
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Gee Jordan Thanks for all the recommendations i got most of these games because of you and you were right they're all so great. Please Keep on adding games so i could keep buying.
HashBrownie89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 HashBrownie89
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
Are their any good senseless greusome violence games for the Wii?
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Picklechugger

Are their any good senseless greusome violence games for the Wii?HashBrownie89

No More Heroes. Keep an eye out for Mad World as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="HashBrownie89"]Are their any good senseless greusome violence games for the Wii?Picklechugger

No More Heroes. Keep an eye out for Mad World as well.

I would not put NMH into that much... but yea... The only reason I do not put it in greusome game is bc is more "cartoonish" sty.le.. kind of like Kill bill movie... blood splash all over but no in a realistic way, it does look cool thus. And you would have a blast doing so...

I loved the game.. played twice and unlock all.. :P

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I thinK Wii Fit should be added to the others section.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I added a WiiWare section based on the recommendations from the other stickied thread.

I thinK Wii Fit should be added to the others section. jjr10

Probably will be in the future.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
I just got my second Wii points card and I don't know what to buy. Any suggestions? I have super castlevania and sin/punishment.
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Picklechugger
I just got my second Wii points card and I don't know what to buy. Any suggestions? I have super castlevania and sin/punishment.DJSAV_101

If you liked those games, get gunstar heroes. It's from the same developer of sin and punishment, and members of that team helped make castlevania 4.
General_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 General_Diablo
Member since 2008 • 566 Posts

ok so today is my b-day and i got a lot of cash but i only want to use some of it on these game. Here are my options, which should i do

1. Batlle Wii Wars 2 and Bleach blade of fate for ds

2. Ninja Gaden Ds

3. Any other good ideas

What should i do???

Sebastianto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#176 Sebastianto
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

if you have wifi get BWii. it had a recent price drop to $30 and is a steal for that price. also, you can download the demo to Ninja Gaden DS.

ilikecerealya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ilikecerealya
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

I can only buy one game and i need to know which one is better of these two:

Mario kart Wii

Medal of Honor 2

I want a good online game that i won't throw away after a month or so of playing.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Mario kart Wii

Medal of Honor 2

I want a good online game that i won't throw away after a month or so of playing.

ilikecerealya

Mario Kart's online is the best on Wii and pretty addictive. I've had the game for over a month now and still enjoy it like I did when I first got it.

If you've enjoyed other Mario Kart games you should buy this one in an instant.

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#179 OblivionGuy07
Member since 2006 • 7546 Posts
I agree with WarioWare
[QUOTE="Sportsmen2008"]

Hey

HELP!

LINKloco
WarioWare Smooth moves for your cousin's daughter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I added a WiiWare section based on the recommendations from the other stickied thread.JordanElek

thx.. it looks great :)

I just got my second Wii points card and I don't know what to buy. Any suggestions? I have super castlevania and sin/punishment.DJSAV_101

Hey.. :D

Hmmm....... What do you think about the zelda games??? Link to the past is amazing, as is OoT.

[QUOTE="ilikecerealya"]

Mario kart Wii

Medal of Honor 2

Erebyssial

Mario Kart's online is the best on Wii and pretty addictive. I've had the game for over a month now and still enjoy it like I did when I first got it.

If you've enjoyed other Mario Kart games you should buy this one in an instant.

agree 200% ....

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Sup /Wii/

I was wondering which game is better

Ninja Gaiden, II, or III ( VC) I can only get 2 and I know I want 2 of them but cant decide, played I, butI want to know how II and III compare to eachother and I.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LINKloco

Sup /Wii/

I was wondering which game is better

Ninja Gaiden, II, or III ( VC) I can only get 2 and I know I want 2 of them but cant decide, played I, butI want to know how II and III compare to eachother and I.

ImSwordMan
NGII was the best.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

... Anti-Repellent

I have not played the Wii game, but the WaioWare series consists of MICRO games. These are like min games, except you only play them for 5 seconds or so. In certain games you get to unlock real mini games, two player games, or full games like Dr. Wario or Sheriff.

Trauma Center sounds fun. I hear it IS fun. Also challenging. I too get all tingly and weak when I look inside a body.

Ocarina of Time. You can use a CIassic Controller or a GameCube controller for this game.
at least you should be able to.

Have not played Geomtry Wars.
Smash Bros? Mario Kart? Metroid Prime? I think you can get that Sega Superstars Tennis game for 15 dollars now.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

I'm stuck bettween Lost Winds, FinalFantasy and Dr. Mario on wii ware.

Lost Winds looks good, but i'd like a longer game, something that's addictive.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

jjr10

I'd wait until Monday. If nothing good comes out Monday, I'll download Lost Winds or Dr. Mario and compare it to FF ( which I already have ).

It is a pretty fun game, though.
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Picklechugger

I haven't bought any games for my Wii since.. Christmas '07.

I'm curious about:

WarioWare, and if it has enough games to be fun. Not so into repeating the same games over and over.

Trauma Center: New Blood, while I'm terrified of what that game basically is..

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, love it, but don't know if you have to buy a special controller for it or not.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies, loved the 360 version but not so much to do.

Which would be the first to go for in your opinion?

However my favorite on the Wii would have to be Super Mario Galaxy. Beautiful graphics, anything Mario is great, wonderful idea.. Fun for any age.

Anti-Repellent

I really wasn't a big fan of WarioWare. Unless you'll often have people over, it's not very fun. Single player gets old soon after playing through the game once, and you will see the same microgames a little too often.

I don't have Geometry wars for the Wii, yet, but from what i've read, there is a lot of depth. You get the 360 game, plus a story mode with a tone of pre-made levels, and there is even a leveling-up system where you get a little drone to follow you around and help you in various ways. I think it'd be worth it. OoT you'll need either a GC controller or a C|assic controller.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I can't decide between Mario Kart Wii and Boom Blox. I pretty much know what to expect with mario Kart, but is Boom Blox worth buying? Is it any good?
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Picklechugger

[QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"]
Anti-Repellent

Eh. I watched the video of WarioWare after, really is NOT worth it.

It does look interesting, but to me it'd be like playing some virtual reality Silent Hill or something haha. I'll probably look into it.

CIassic controller? Like Nintendo64 one?

You're missing out then. It's actually quite fun. I only own the demo (4 or 5 minutes of playing the game) and it's quite a thrill, played a friend's full version and loved it ever since. You should check it out.

Those don't really appeal to me. Mario Kart is the only one really, because I've heard how fun it is, especially with the wheel.

picklechugger

You've played it then? I'd really only been interested in single player, and if the games are only like 10 seconds then I guess there's no point.

That sounds awesome then! I'll be getting Geometry Wars for the Wii .. Hopefully it's not too different

One thing to note about Geometry Wars is that if you want the same experience as the 360 version you'll need a c|assic controller. If you don't know what that is, here's a picture. Otherwise you'll play with the nunchuck to move and the pointer to aim, which I've head works, but it will make it different.

pikma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 pikma
Member since 2004 • 483 Posts

I was thinking about buying Fire Emblem, Boom Blox or Okami (I know the last 2 are awesome games, but I'm really into TBS games)

any opinion that could help me out?

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Picklechugger

I was thinking about buying Fire Emblem, Boom Blox or Okami (I know the last 2 are awesome games, but I'm really into TBS games)

pikma

If you played and liked fire emblem for the GC then you'll prolly like this one. GS and IGN did compain about it's difficutly, though, so be ready for a challenge.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#193 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Hey

I just bought a Wii and i got SMG and Metroid Prime with it

I was wondering what one other game i should get i narrowed it down to Resident Evil 4 which i loved for PS2, will i get bored to quickly? No More Heroes looks good. Or Bully looks fun i played it a bit on the PS2 but not to much.

Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

BTW great system i should of got it earlier.:D

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 LINKloco

Hey

I just bought a Wii and i got SMG and Metroid Prime with it

I was wondering what one other game i should get i narrowed it down to Resident Evil 4 which i loved for PS2, will i get bored to quickly? No More Heroes looks good. Or Bully looks fun i played it a bit on the PS2 but not to much.

Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

BTW great system i should of got it earlier.:D

torontomapleafs
Played Bully on the 360. It was great. Really funny. According to reviews it's just as good on the Wii if not better. NMH is hit or miss. I thought it was ok. A bit shallow, but pretty sicc with the over the top style. You already played RE4, so you can wait on that. I would also recommend Okami if you're into action adventure games. So, either go with Bully or Okami, then NMH, and finally RE4 later down the road.
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Chirag6
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts

OK, I'm getting a Wii soon and I narrowed my list of games I want to get down to these 4: Mario Kart, Okami, Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. I'll get a Wii and 2 of the 4 I've listed. I was just wondering which ones everyone here thinks I should get since you all probably know a lot more about them than me.

Note: I've already played and almost finished Okami and Resi 4 on the PS2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@Anti-Repellent:

warioware is fun.. but no that great.. Instead of that I would get any of the good multiplayer games...

I did not like Trauma center.. is suppose to be really good.. but for me it felt meh...

OoT is a most imo (I`m a zelda fan).. but even if you are not, it is a great game... and you need a CC (clasic contrler) or a GC one... here a nice review, clip and image...

no clue about geometry..

CIassic controller? Like Nintendo64 one?

Those don't really appeal to me. Mario Kart is the only one really, because I've heard how fun it is, especially with the wheel.Anti-Repellent

nope.. there is a CC sold as an accesory for the wii... here you should be able to find it in any videogame store...

and you should defenetely get MK (if you have not, yet)

jjr10

if you like the tetris type.. go with Dr. Mario... Lost Winds is GREAT but is too short imo....

dunno what came out today thus... so check those just in case there is something ebtter out... :)

I can't decide between Mario Kart Wii and Boom Blox. I pretty much know what to expect with mario Kart, but is Boom Blox worth buying? Is it any good?Travo_basic

Boom blox was recommended to me.. and I would get it asap... but I cna tell you that MK is a GREAT game, highly addictive.. and the best online multiplayer on the wii atm..

I even decide to give my SSBB away bc I know I would never touch it again... (then of course I`m not a smash fan)

pikma

sorry.. I`m not much of a help here.. I can only tell you that okami is great...

@Torontomapleafs: I had GC version of RE4.. I got the wii version bc I was missing the ada mission.. that said, If you are like me that like playing RE series over and over... RE4 is a most and the wii version, even thus is pretty much the same as the ps2 one, this version add the control montion, which imo is SWEET... NMH is really fun and if you like collecting stuff this one would give you @20h of gameplay... if not it would give you around 10-15h... dunno about bully

Hope that helps everyone...

enjoy gaming...

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 LINKloco

OK, I'm getting a Wii soon and I narrowed my list of games I want to get down to these 4: Mario Kart, Okami, Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. I'll get a Wii and 2 of the 4 I've listed. I was just wondering which ones everyone here thinks I should get since you all probably know a lot more about them than me.

Chirag6
Get Galaxy and MK since you've played the other two already.
Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Chirag6
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="Chirag6"]

LINKloco

Yeah, but would'nt they be better with motion controls and I recently bought a new widescreen TV which would make the games look better than on my old 18" and I already sold Okami and Resi

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Picklechugger
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Chirag6"]

Chirag6

Yeah, but would'nt they be better with motion controls and I recently bought a new widescreen TV which would make the games look better than on my old 18" and I already sold Okami and Resi

If you want to finish Okami or Resident Evil (Resident Evil is a lot more fun on the Wii in my opinion) then get one of those and MK or Galaxy. I'd say Galaxy, but either would work. You want one of those two because they both have very long lasting value, while Okami and Resident Evil are shorter adventures.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Chirag6"]

Chirag6

oops... :oops: I missed your post...

I did not like galaxy as much... is a fun game and like having 3 mario games in one.. but the others 3 are far better..

Okami and RE4: if you did not play the whole thing and already sold your copy, I would get it. Now that bring the question of maybe you did not like teh game as much to finish it and sell it. If that was not teh case.. then you already know what to expect, the games are great. And in RE4 the montion controls add a hell of a blast to the game...

MK: imo is a must, if you liek multiplayer.. this one has a point system with online multiplayer that is just addictive.. and beside that you would be able to unlock a BUNCH of stuff in single player.. plus some others goodies

I would just get MK + RE4/Okami (u already play both games, so it depends on which one you like teh most.)...

hope that helps