Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chirag6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Chirag6
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I think I'm gonna go with MK and Okami :D
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#202 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
How is Okami not a must have?

it AAA(9.0) its a port to a critically acclaimed game.

Its essentially the more unique and creative action adventure game versus Twilight Princess.

Okami should be on the must haves....more than Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, and Zack and Wikki.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

How is Okami not a must have?jg4xchamp

This list is mostly based on the general opinion of this forum. I've seen too many people that are either disappointed with Okami or think it's just a decent game to put it in the Must Haves section. I actually put No More Heroes in the Must Haves section shortly after it was released, because so many people were giving it such high praise. After playing the game myself, I strongly disagree with it being a must-have title on the Wii. But it's still in that section since the forum in general gave it that label.

In all honesty, if I play Okami and think that it should be in every gamer's collection, I'll move it to the Must Haves. But for now, since it's borderline in the forum's opinion, I'll leave it where it is. I have a feeling it's probably better than Twilight Princess.... I just need to get the game (and find the time to play it) before I can make that call.

Thanks for the input.

UnknownDarknes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 UnknownDarknes
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
Mario kart Wii Or FFCC: my life as king? FFCC will be me buying a 2000 point card. Simple & Easy. For Mario kart wii i will probably trade im Zelda Phantom Hourglass for extra cash (Not really a loss for me). I want both games but Mario kart is main choice but is it worth every penny? Ive LOVED every previous mario kart. I will get mario kart if i can but i wanted to see your opinions.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

Legend of Zelda or Mario Kart Wii?

I know these games are totally different, but these are the only 2 *must own* Wii titles i dont own, and i cant decide which one to pick up. Thanks for any help.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#206 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

@UNKNOWDARKNESS:

imo.. GET MK!!! :oops:

I have love all past MK and this one is no exception... the multiplayer battle offline for me was a dissapointment bc you can win or lose by just standing there doing nothing... But after I try the online, I have not even try the offline.

1. The game have TONS of stuff to unlock as single player (note that unlike others yu cna not play 2 racer to win gold and unlock stuff)

2. You can play up to 3 more friends offline.

3. BEST online multiplayer (and MK with 12 player is a blast) They put a point system that is just addictive.

I can not say anything about FF:CC bc I do not like the type of taht game (sim city-like)

Hope taht helps... enjoy gaming....

btw: I love your sig, nice effect... great desing...

Legend of Zelda or Mario Kart Wii?

I know these games are totally different, but these are the only 2 *must own* Wii titles i dont own, and i cant decide which one to pick up. Thanks for any help.

jchaff

hmmmmm... that is hard one (at least for me)

like you said they are too different...

I guess that all depends if you are getting any other multiplayer like SSBB, which btw unless you are a fan, I would choose MK over SSBB (but that is imo)

LoZ would give you around 30h gameplay.. the enemies and bosses are quite nice. Some nice puzzle. the art is beautiful enough. Overall is a great Zelda game.

MK: is imo a GREAT multiplayer (read my reply to unknowndarkness...)

SO I would say, if you have an multiplayer and you would not like naother one to play atm, go with LoZ (specially if you feel like playing a good action/adventure) If not go with MK...

enjoy gaming..

hope taht helps...

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]How is Okami not a must have?JordanElek

This list is mostly based on the general opinion of this forum. I've seen too many people that are either disappointed with Okami or think it's just a decent game to put it in the Must Haves section. I actually put No More Heroes in the Must Haves section shortly after it was released, because so many people were giving it such high praise. After playing the game myself, I strongly disagree with it being a must-have title on the Wii. But it's still in that section since the forum in general gave it that label.

In all honesty, if I play Okami and think that it should be in every gamer's collection, I'll move it to the Must Haves. But for now, since it's borderline in the forum's opinion, I'll leave it where it is. I have a feeling it's probably better than Twilight Princess.... I just need to get the game (and find the time to play it) before I can make that call.

Thanks for the input.

No More Heroes is definitely more hit or miss than Okami. The average review scores and user scores show that. I do agree that there have been more posts on this forum critical of Okami, but I think that comes with the territory with a game that quite possibly out does Zelda's latest entry. The only really complaint is the handling of the controls which I honestly believe people are just not executing movements correctly and running into parts of the game which even the PS2 version had problems recognizing commands. NMH complaints of its shallow gameplay and lack of polish hurts it more than the questionable controls of Okami. imo of course.=p
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#208 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts

My suggestions: Between Mario Kart Wii and Twilight Princess? You're right, it's kind of hard to compare them.

It depends, as with many games, if you prefer campaign or multiplayer/ Wi-Fi type games.

If you want excellent character development (with the main cast), a compelling, dark narrative, better controls (imo, I could care less what Gamespot said), a HUGE world to explore, and some straight up Zelda, I highly suggest Twilight Princess. It has its flaws, certainly. More than it should have. But I still love the controls, now we're in 2008, and all the (awesome) new equipment, the Twili story itself, and the length of the game. With no help from a guide, you can get a real fifty or more hours out of the game if you search for every single item/ heart piece/ poe soul/ golden bug in the game, and do all the sidequests and minigames. I sure got a lot more, closer to sixty or seventy.

Its flaws? The music's not orchestrated all the time, the graphics are sort of dated, there could've been more deep characters than there were, and, I guess, it wasn't as amazingly perfect as, say, Ocarina of Time. But all the issues are tiny.

As for Mario Kart Wii, its graphics and music are more recent. I don't like the controls as much, at least with the wheel, but that'll be okay if you have a Cube/ classic controller, more than likely. And it's a better choice if you love Wi-Fi, racing, or have friends over all the time. There's plenty of tracks, plenty of karts, and just plenty to do in general here too, so don't worry, it too is worth the money.

You won't go wrong with either title, you'll get your money's worth, and you'll have fun. And that's what's important. Imo, I'd pick Twilight Princess.

Other suggestions: I picked up the Wii and got Twilight Princess along with it, as did so many others. And I've played through the thing about five times, and just want more. Can't wait for the first one designed just for Wii. I'd highly suggest Metroid Prime 3 (8.5? HOW DARE YOU GAMESPOT?! Imo) and Super Mario Galaxy is the best game I've ever played imo, if you stick it out for all 120 stars (which you should, or else it won't be that difficult or rewarding). But its graphics, music, controls, everything, like Metroid Prime 3, are wonderful to me. Galaxy's gravity stuff set it apart a little more though, especially amongst the endless swarm of shooter games nowadays.

If you do like shooter games though, my first pick is Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (I guess it's a shooter... kinda more action genre). It's creepy to me, the graphics are impressive seeing as it was on a Gamecube engine, and the controls and experience are easily the best on Wii, since you can use the (imo) better Wii controls or the Gamecube controls if you prefer. Next I'd suggest Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for both its campaign and multiplayer, and the controls are pretty spot on too. And if you can't get enough Resident Evil, and especially if you have a bud to play with, Umbrella Chronicles is worth a look too.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is plenty of fun, but only if you have some friends to play with you or Wi-Fi set up. If not, single player's not that great to me, and never has been in Smash. But multiplayer's amazing, and you'll play it over and over again, even though you don't know why.

Don't bother picking up Guitar Hero III, even though it is good, because Rock Band is coming and it will eclipse it. Plus, more people can play, and you'll be able to add songs onto the game whether you have Wi-Fi or not.

No More Heroes is the type of game that, by all rights, should be dull and repetitive, but... It's not. Maybe because you're a dude with an incredible fashion sense, a lightsaber, and the world's most b.a. motorcycle. And blood and... coins... pour out of people's heads. And you look like you're masturbating when you recharge the lightsaber. Or maybe because the controls are awesome, and the graphics, music, and characters are all unique. Or maybe because it has the single best use of the Wii remote speaker I've ever heard before. Either way, I had a ton of fun with this whacked out, bizarrely lovable gorefest.

Okami is one of those masterpieces you'll cherish no matter how old it gets. It has controls similar to Twilight Princess, with more emphasis on the pointer. You still shake the remote to attack, but you cast magic, or your god powers, or whatever, by drawing symbols with the remote (how on earth was this not designed for the Wii in the first place?!). And you jump instead of roll, and the Okami wolf controls pwn Zelda's. Both Twilight Princess and Okami have absolutely wonderful graphics for 2006 (they're both from the same year), memorable characters, and plenty to do and enjoy. Neither has enough music that is really memorable, except for Zelda's new Hyrule Field Theme.

Which one, Twilight Princess or Okami? That's the hardest decision ever. I just got Okami though, so idk which is better yet. Get both. Seriously. They're both more than worth the money. If they charged $100 each I'd still buy them (not that I want them to though...)

I suggest Mario Kart Wii from what I've played and am looking forward to Wii Fit, which I have yet to try. And I'm looking forward to The Conduit, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (fortunately made by someone other than the creators of the other FFCC games), Tales of Symphonia 2, Mad World, Fatal Frame, and a hopeful Resident Evil 5 and Prince of Persia 4. Plus whatever Nintendo's working on right now... Such as the next Zelda. I've heard good things about Super Paper Mario, too. Wow that was way too long, I'll shut up.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Chirag6"]

OK, I'm getting a Wii soon and I narrowed my list of games I want to get down to these 4: Mario Kart, Okami, Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. I'll get a Wii and 2 of the 4 I've listed. I was just wondering which ones everyone here thinks I should get since you all probably know a lot more about them than me.

Note: I've already played and almost finished Okami and Resi 4 on the PS2.

Chirag6

Get Galaxy and MK since you've played the other two already.

Yeah, but would'nt they be better with motion controls and I recently bought a new widescreen TV which would make the games look better than on my old 18" and I already sold Okami and Resi

As far as the motion controls making them better is a matter of opinion, but I guess with the killer games you've listed, any games you go with is a win. Eventually, you should play the rest as well.
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 DannyRice

Imo, Super Mario Galaxy's even better than RE4 and Okami. Both of which are amazing. As are Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3, both of which earned 9.0's or higher on here.

So get Galaxy no matter what. Idk, Twilight Princess, Prime 3, RE4 and Okami... You should play them all, for sure. Pick them up in any order you like, I'd bet you'll love them all.

Mario Kart Wii... Ehh. It'll be worth it, but I'd suggest the five I mentioned above first. And you might want to look into Brawl before MK Wii too... Unless you're crazy about racers. In which case, go for it.

Not to mention No More Heroes.

But top five, easily (for me), are Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Prime 3, RE4, and Okami. Galaxy being the best game I've ever played.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts
Super Mario Bros 1, 2 or 3?
Buying one of them for someone for their bday on Monday and need to know which ones best. I figured SMB1 because its just... well you know, its 'thee game', but then I thought 2 or 3 might be more fun or something?
Do any of them have things like black bars on the sides of the screen, or pixels, sound issues, just anything wrong or annoying?
What do you think is the average gameplay hours youd get out of each? Also if you have any of them tell me what you like/dislike about it. :)

Lego Indiana game, any good?
I think its out here, well the movie is so im guessing the game is...? Its looks pretty funny, im watching the videos of it and thinking 'hey that exact scene from the film, I know that lol', but i guess the whole game is based on the films lol.
So anyway what did you think when you played it, any good? Much like the film? Do the characters talk or is it just subtitled or something? How about gameplay and sound etc?

Thanks heaps, Juls :)
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

Buying one of them for someone for their bday on Monday and need to know which ones best. I figured SMB1 because its just... well you know, its 'thee game', but then I thought 2 or 3 might be more fun or something?
Do any of them have things like black bars on the sides of the screen, or pixels, sound issues, just anything wrong or annoying?
What do you think is the average gameplay hours youd get out of each? Also if you have any of them tell me what you like/dislike about it. :)

I think its out here, well the movie is so im guessing the game is...? Its looks pretty funny, im watching the videos of it and thinking 'hey that exact scene from the film, I know that lol', but i guess the whole game is based on the films lol.
So anyway what did you think when you played it, any good? Much like the film? Do the characters talk or is it just subtitled or something? How about gameplay and sound etc?

RE4WiiGirl

I can't tell you about actual quality of the emulation for the Mario games, but I can tell you that they are all very good. The best one out of the three is SMB3, it will last the longest, and has a ton of variety. It's a must buy.

For Indiana Jones, I haven't played it, but it's been getting good reviews. It is very similar to Lego Star Wars (duh :P) so if you liked those, then you'll prolly like this. VO in Lego Star Wars wasn't there, characters pantomimed everything, but it worked well. It looks like the production values on the game are top-notch.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 LINKloco

RE4WiiGirl
SMB3 is definitely the best of the 3. Depending how you play it you can beat it in 30-45 minutes(with warps)or a couple of hours(without warps).
tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

i have plenty of games to play right now: okami, no more heroes, zack and wiki, and occasionally brawl or guitar hero. but i just graduated high school and know that i will have beaten the ones i have in a couple weeks. so i was wondering which of the following i need. i am getting mario kart to play with my sister but i need something for myself; i want one game that is like epic and long (i just started with okami so i guess that fills that spot), a puzzlish game that i can pick up and play for half an hour, and another that is just a good game.

the following are all games i am interested:

virtual console: ocarina of time, super metroid, super mario 2,3, world

wiiware: not really sure about these

disc: godfather, bully, boom blox, pro evo soccer,

so what do you think?

philsphan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 philsphan123
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts
ok so I've wanted Okami for a while now and now I found out that it came out for the wii so i was excited....but i really want Mario Kart too. I only have enough money for one game. I can't decide between the two. I like both action/adventure and racing games but i just can't decide. Can tell me which one you think is better? You could give me suggestions too(I already have SSBB, MOHH2, SMG, Metroid 3 and Zelda TP) Thanks in advance!
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 LINKloco
ok so I've wanted Okami for a while now and now I found out that it came out for the wii so i was excited....but i really want Mario Kart too. I only have enough money for one game. I can't decide between the two. I like both action/adventure and racing games but i just can't decide. Can tell me which one you think is better? You could give me suggestions too(I already have SSBB, MOHH2, SMG, Metroid 3 and Zelda TP) Thanks in advance!philsphan123
Get MK to keep you occupied until you can afford Okami.
philsphan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 philsphan123
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts
thanks.....i was planning on getting both at one point i just probably won't get much money for a while
lukus_mclukus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 lukus_mclukus
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

nobody seems to mention battalion wars 2, i thought that looked pretty fun, kind of a cross between advance wars and unreal tournament onslaught mode. i was thinking about getting it but im not sure, does it have local multiplayer? they were kind of a bit unclear of this in reviews...

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 DannyRice

i have plenty of games to play right now: okami, no more heroes, zack and wiki, and occasionally brawl or guitar hero. but i just graduated high school and know that i will have beaten the ones i have in a couple weeks. so i was wondering which of the following i need. i am getting mario kart to play with my sister but i need something for myself; i want one game that is like epic and long (i just started with okami so i guess that fills that spot), a puzzlish game that i can pick up and play for half an hour, and another that is just a good game.

the following are all games i am interested:

virtual console: ocarina of time, super metroid, super mario 2,3, world

wiiware: not really sure about these

disc: godfather, bully, boom blox, pro evo soccer,

so what do you think?

tofanatic

I'd highly recommend Ocarina of Time on VC, and after that Super Metroid. But Ocarina would be my highest priority. Super Mario Bros. 1 is classic of course and I hear great things about 3 and Super Mario World.

And if you loved Okami, you'll also love Zelda: Twilight Princess. They have a few similarities, and they're both a lot of fun.

But as much as I love Okami, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Brawl, and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and even though I'd say Zelda's my favorite overall franchise, my favorite game is Super Mario Galaxy. It wowed me, big time. I really wasn't expecting much from it after Super Mario Sunshine... Eww. But Galaxy went and took the Super Mario Bros games, Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 and modernized them and made them 100 times better.

I'd put Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4 way up there on the list, but Super Mario Galaxy... Oh man. The fact even Gamespot agreed it beat out all the X360/ PS3 shooters in '07 is evidence in itself. It is why I would suggest the Wii, even more than Wii Sports (well... That's for getting the blood flowing, so that's different). But Galaxy's a killer-app. FOR THE WII.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 DannyRice

[QUOTE="philsphan123"]ok so I've wanted Okami for a while now and now I found out that it came out for the wii so i was excited....but i really want Mario Kart too. I only have enough money for one game. I can't decide between the two. I like both action/adventure and racing games but i just can't decide. Can tell me which one you think is better? You could give me suggestions too(I already have SSBB, MOHH2, SMG, Metroid 3 and Zelda TP) Thanks in advance!LINKloco
Get MK to keep you occupied until you can afford Okami.

If you're gonna be playing single player most of the time, get Okami. If you have friends over a lot or have siblings who also wanna play, get Mario Kart Wii.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

[QUOTE="RE4WiiGirl"]Super Mario Bros 1, 2 or 3?

Picklechugger

I can't tell you about actual quality of the emulation for the Mario games, but I can tell you that they are all very good. The best one out of the three is SMB3, it will last the longest, and has a ton of variety. It's a must buy.

For Indiana Jones, I haven't played it, but it's been getting good reviews. It is very similar to Lego Star Wars (duh :P) so if you liked those, then you'll prolly like this. VO in Lego Star Wars wasn't there, characters pantomimed everything, but it worked well. It looks like the production values on the game are top-notch.

Thanks guys for the response.
Can you actually 'save' the game during play in SMB3? Can anyone tell me whether or not its got the black bars or sound issues or anything wrong etc please? Thanks :)
Might just rent Indiana next week if I have time.

Edit: I think I like SMB1 the best so im gonna go that. I just watched this vid on youtube of a speed run about 8m or something, but how long would it take if I played it properly? And how do you save a game? Thanks
Sebastianto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 Sebastianto
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

nobody seems to mention battalion wars 2, i thought that looked pretty fun, kind of a cross between advance wars and unreal tournament onslaught mode. i was thinking about getting it but im not sure, does it have local multiplayer? they were kind of a bit unclear of this in reviews...

lukus_mclukus
i love this game. its not like advanced wars at all. if u played ratchet and clank:UYA, it feels like that but you can assign your units to attack different targets. also, u can switch to different units on the fly like in battlefield2 modern combat for the consoles. the single player missions are fun but the multiplayer is where its at for this title. unfortunately it dont have local multiplayer.
tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
hey thanks dannyrice, but i guess i should have mentioned that i am currently playing okami, heroes, zack n wiki, and brawl. i already own and love re4 wii, galaxy, and twilight. i just need a couple games since i am going to be finished with the games i have very soon.
puckhog369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 puckhog369
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I thinking of buying Driver: Parallel Lines. Is it any good?
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I asked about Booom Blox a few days ago and now I just want to say that it's a very fun puzzle game. Worth the fifty dollars.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Travo_basic
@ RE4WiiGirl: you can't save on any of the first three SMB games. But you can press the home key and come back to your level later on.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

I'm buying a game this weekend, but I'm not sure whether to get Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn or Boom Blox. Both are about the same price and I need it as a filler before I (finally!) get SSBB at the end of the month. Fire Emblem I know is long and I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Path of Radiance, no matter what GS says. However Boom Blox looks like just pure fun and a lot more replay value. So anyone care to help me out?

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
[QUOTE="Picklechugger"]

[QUOTE="RE4WiiGirl"]Super Mario Bros 1, 2 or 3?

RE4WiiGirl

Thanks guys for the response.
Can you actually 'save' the game during play in SMB3? Can anyone tell me whether or not its got the black bars or sound issues or anything wrong etc please? Thanks :)
Might just rent Indiana next week if I have time.

Edit: I think I like SMB1 the best so im gonna go that. I just watched this vid on youtube of a speed run about 8m or something, but how long would it take if I played it properly? And how do you save a game? Thanks

Err yeah, I thought it was common knowledge that all VC games save automatically when you press the home button and return to the Wii menu without clicking on reset. The next time you return to the game you will pick of at exactly the same point as if the game was paused, in terms of memory that's exactly what has happened. Getting SMB3 is a no brainer, it's the best game for 500 Wii points, secondly is ExciteBike.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Travo_basic

I'm buying a game this weekend, but I'm not sure whether to get Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn or Boom Blox. Both are about the same price and I need it as a filler before I (finally!) get SSBB at the end of the month. Fire Emblem I know is long and I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Path of Radiance, no matter what GS says. However Boom Blox looks like just pure fun and a lot more replay value. So anyone care to help me out?

freek666
Boom Blox is a total blast. Pun intended.
CloudStrife645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#230 CloudStrife645
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
I say you should get Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
which game should i get....ALTTP or pokemon puzzle league on the VC??? had ALTTP for the GBA, but i think my nieces and nephew ran off with it (they're crazy and touch every freaking thing) and i haven't found it since and i'm really sadened from it...ALTTP is a great game and i want to have it again, but the only thing keeping from getting it right now is that i've beaten it numerous times i was at vc-reviews.com to see what else i may get...i didn't find much...but i stumbled upon pokemon puzzle league the game sounded silly at first, but i read the review (4/5 stars) and i watched the video...and it actually looks like amazing fun it reminded me alot of meteos for the DS and OMG i freakin LOVE meteos...and also the game is all about the original 151 pokemon, which is the true amazingness of pokemon, no other set of pokemon can touch the original 151 REP THE 151!!! lol...anyways, yea ALTTP is of course a GREAT game and nearly flawless, i would love to have it again and i will get it eventually if not now...but i'm just looking for something different though...so is PPL a really good puzzle game?
blitz806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 blitz806
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

Hi guys, I'm going to but my first Wii game soon and I was thinking about getting Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Do you guys think I should it or get something else and if you don't mind can you tell me the price of the game in Canadian dollars

UnknownDarknes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 UnknownDarknes
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
Blitz806. Well it tottally depends on what games you like. I would highly suggest Super Mario Galaxy, What is just a epic fun game what will keep you busy for a while and is a game most people replay. But Resident Evil is also a really good game, it's pretty long game and got pretty high in reviews. Their are loads of great titles out their a few to look into are... -Super Mario Galaxy. -Mario Kart Wii. -Super Smash Brothers Brawl. -Metroid Prime 3 (Great 1st person shooter) -Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. -Okami ....And i have no idea about Canadian dollar price, sorry
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#234 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Hi guys, I'm going to but my first Wii game soon and I was thinking about getting Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Do you guys think I should it or get something else and if you don't mind can you tell me the price of the game in Canadian dollars

blitz806

If you havent played RE4 on the PS2 or gamecube, its an awesome buy on the Wii. Its the best version of the game, period.

The price in Canadian dollars is $34.99 at Future Shop.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

which game should i get....ALTTP or pokemon puzzle league on the VC???fiercedeity901

It sounds like you're more interested in Pokemon Puzzle League. I haven't played it, but the gameplay is based on Tetris Attack, which is one of the best puzzle games ever, especially for multiplayer. If you like puzzle games, you'll love this one.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts

[QUOTE="fiercedeity901"]which game should i get....ALTTP or pokemon puzzle league on the VC???JordanElek

It sounds like you're more interested in Pokemon Puzzle League. I haven't played it, but the gameplay is based on Tetris Attack, which is one of the best puzzle games ever, especially for multiplayer. If you like puzzle games, you'll love this one.

well i AM a bit more interested cause i've beaten ALTTP lots of times...so PPL may be for me...for now...i WILL get ALTTP eventually though
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DannyRice

I have ALTTP on VC and have Pokemon Puzzle League on N64. Both are actually incredible. There aren't many console Pokemon games I'll say that about either, cuz to me, Pokemon Stadium type stuff sucks.

If you have the GBA or SNES version of ALTTP, you might wanna pick up Puzzle Leage first. Great stuff, and very addictive, actually. I never would've believed it until I played it. But ALTTP is probably the best 2-D game I've ever played. It depends if you prefer action-adventure or puzzles.

I prefer action-adventure so I'd say ALTTP, and plus I love Zelda, but both are awesome.

mario_brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mario_brawler
Member since 2008 • 43206 Posts

For People who have Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is it very different from the first one?

and does it have the same style when you play 1 player vs 2 player?

Thanks In Advance

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#239 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts
Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#240 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?J-man45

It sounds like most people are waiting for World Tour, I know I am.

svchiefs19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 svchiefs19
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

i got some money together and im looking to get some more wii games. i picked out a few that i might be interested in and im wondering what you guys think:

mario kart wii..........super paper mario............tiger woods pga tour 08.............SSX blur.............mario strikers charged

of those 5, which 2 do u think r the best?

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 J-man45
Mario Kart Wii and Super Paper Mario.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 LINKloco
Mario Kart Wii and Super Paper Mario.J-man45
qft
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#244 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
What's a better game: Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart Wii? Thank you.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 J-man45

What's a better game: Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart Wii? Thank you. s-baller23

I answered that in the DS thread.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 DannyRice

Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?J-man45

Since Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II and Rock Band were made by the same devs and they're the ones who actually innovate, I'm getting Rock Band.

Guitar Hero III, as you probably noticed, didn't innovate much, and neither will Guitar Hero: Aerosmith... And Guitar Hero: World Tour will just copy Rock Band. Meanwhile, the group behind Rock Band will continue to innovate first... So yeah Rock Band's a better choice imo.

The one I will get is Guitar Hero: On Tour for DS, since it's the first time they're actually innovating in the Activision Guitar Hero group... But this is the Wii thread :)

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts
in terms of wii id go for world tour, if its like GHIII then it will be a proper next gen game. unlike rock band the wii version of GHIV is gunna have all the content of the 360/PS3 versions including online play DLC. though what they will do about storage i dont know
CloudStrife645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#248 CloudStrife645
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
thx good job
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 J-man45

[QUOTE="J-man45"]Is anyone here getting Rock Band or are you just going to wait until World Tour?DannyRice

Since Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II and Rock Band were made by the same devs and they're the ones who actually innovate, I'm getting Rock Band.

Guitar Hero III, as you probably noticed, didn't innovate much, and neither will Guitar Hero: Aerosmith... And Guitar Hero: World Tour will just copy Rock Band. Meanwhile, the group behind Rock Band will continue to innovate first... So yeah Rock Band's a better choice imo.

The one I will get is Guitar Hero: On Tour for DS, since it's the first time they're actually innovating in the Activision Guitar Hero group... But this is the Wii thread :)

I don't know... Have you seen the model for the drums in World Tour? They're insane! Plus I like the Guitar Hero guitar controllers better. As well as the shape of the notes.

Tvac897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Tvac897
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts
has anyone thought about the mmo community for the wii?