What are you playing right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#601 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Panzer Dragoon Saga. I'm on the second disc, and I have to say I'm starting to understand why so many people like it. The game doesn't waste your time at all, meaning the battle system is quick and not complicated, and you don't have to grind if you don't want to. All the npc's have voice acting too which is really impressive for a game that came out in 1998. The game feels pretty modern, and as someone that doesn't like jrpgs for the most part, I'm enjoying playing panzer dragoon saga.

Lucianu

It's like the developers took a trip into the future, and tried to build a modern JRPG game on a 5th generation console, with none of the issues that have plagued JRPGs to this day.

Fully 3D, unique, fun battle system, fully voice acted, fully cinematic, a sweet spot of 15 - 20 hours of a length, no grinding needed, intuitive and fluid controls (apart from the walking controls)...

lol, pretty much. Everything is quick and fluid, which is basically what I want from all my games. Walking does kind of suck, but thankfully there aren't too many of those segments.

Avatar image for TheLastGamer122
TheLastGamer122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#602 TheLastGamer122
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts
I just finished NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams.... I am thinking of playing the Last Story
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#603 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Been playing Final Fantasy VII on my PSP, just got it off PSN the other day.

Also been making a game in RPG Maker 3 (which I also got off PSN), I've already got almost everything coded up to the second dungeon of the game, which is the next thing which I need to start fleshing out. Before that I just need to add in bits and pieces to finish the coding for a special bartering quest in the town just before the dungeon, to get the key that will open the door that's just a few steps into the dungeon blocking access to the rest of it.

If anyone decides to get RPG Maker 3 off PSN, and is interested in playing the game I'm making, please contact me via PM, I'd love to send the memory card files to anyone who wants to play the game.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#604 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Another Code on the DS. Just finished chapter 1 (about an hour in). It's alright so far but I am finding I have the same logic issues with it that I do with many adventure games (why would I check the same place twice when there was no hint that there was any reason to do so?). I've taken to double checking everything now so hopefully that won't be an issue any longer.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#605 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I just beat Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 last night with my girlfriend.  Not all in one day, but over the course of like a week.  It got to the point to where she was begging to play it.  I've never seen her get so into a game before.  She was all sad when it was finished and now she wants to go get Dark Alliance 2, Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms.  I'm glad she likes dungeon crawlers because it's one of my favorite genre of games and local 2 player coop is really fun with them.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#606 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

I just beat Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 last night with my girlfriend.  Not all in one day, but over the course of like a week.  It got to the point to where she was begging to play it.  I've never seen her get so into a game before.  She was all sad when it was finished and now she wants to go get Dark Alliance 2, Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms.  I'm glad she likes dungeon crawlers because it's one of my favorite genre of games and local 2 player coop is really fun with them.

arkephonic
Man, I wish I had someone to play Dark Alliance with. I mean ANYONE, I don't know anybody around here that likes the genre enough to do a full playthrough with me.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I just beat Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 last night with my girlfriend. Not all in one day, but over the course of like a week. It got to the point to where she was begging to play it. I've never seen her get so into a game before. She was all sad when it was finished and now she wants to go get Dark Alliance 2, Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. I'm glad she likes dungeon crawlers because it's one of my favorite genre of games and local 2 player coop is really fun with them.

arkephonic

Cool. I love me a good dungeon-crawler, too. I'm currently in the middle of Neverwinter Nights 2.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Dudersaper
Man, I wish I had someone to play Dark Alliance with. I mean ANYONE, I don't know anybody around here that likes the genre enough to do a full playthrough with me.

The Xbox version has an online mode, you should get that one, then you could ask someone on legacy to play with you.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="arkephonic"]

I just beat Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 last night with my girlfriend. Not all in one day, but over the course of like a week. It got to the point to where she was begging to play it. I've never seen her get so into a game before. She was all sad when it was finished and now she wants to go get Dark Alliance 2, Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. I'm glad she likes dungeon crawlers because it's one of my favorite genre of games and local 2 player coop is really fun with them.

NationProtector

The Xbox version has an online mode, you should get that one, then you could ask someone on legacy to play with you.

XBox Live for the original XBox has been down for a while, now.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Man, I wish I had someone to play Dark Alliance with. I mean ANYONE, I don't know anybody around here that likes the genre enough to do a full playthrough with me.Emerald_Warrior

XBox Live for the original XBox has been down for a while, now.

People host private servers for it.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#611 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

X Files: Resist or Serve.

Only on my second evening with it, but so far it's a bit 'Resident X-Evil Files', i'm hoping for some changes to this formula as the game progresses.

It's not BAD, it's just a bit unimaginative so far.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Only on my second evening with it, but so far it's a bit 'Resident X-Evil Files', i'm hoping for some changes to this formula as the game progresses.

BarbaricAvatar
Was wondering where you've been.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 BarbaricAvatar

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Jakandsigz

Was wondering where you've been.

:lol: Was away on business for a bit. Back to normal now. :D

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 Articuno76

BarbaricAvatar
That actually sounds kinda awesome. I've surprised I've never heard of it, Currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero EVOLUTION (Vita). Almost 50 hours in and loving the game (though I wish I'd started on Hard mode),
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Skyrim.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616 Emerald_Warrior

WWE '13

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000594_562651557126377_339951869_n.jpg

I love playing through the Attitude Era storyline and reliving the days when wrestling was actually good. But damn is this game challenging. I feel like a kid wanting to throw my controller half the time.

The game's A.I. is amazing, though. Last night I was playing as Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker in the famous Hell In a Cell match from '97. I have Undertaker down on the mat. I climb the turnbuckle and launch with a flying elbow. Undertaker sits right the hell up, just like on the show, and catches me mid-air, and turns it into a Tombstone Piledriver. Freaking insane! I was blown away. Then I barely freaking kick out, 1, 2, and half, kick out! Oh man! If you've ever liked wrestling, you really need to play this one.

Dr-Gentlemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 Dr-Gentlemen
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
I am just rapping up Town with no name.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#618 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

WWE '13

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000594_562651557126377_339951869_n.jpg

I love playing through the Attitude Era storyline and reliving the days when wrestling was actually good. But damn is this game challenging. I feel like a kid wanting to throw my controller half the time.

The game's A.I. is amazing, though. Last night I was playing as Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker in the famous Hell In a Cell match from '97. I have Undertaker down on the mat. I climb the turnbuckle and launch with a flying elbow. Undertaker sits right the hell up, just like on the show, and catches me mid-air, and turns it into a Tombstone Piledriver. Freaking insane! I was blown away. Then I barely freaking kick out, 1, 2, and half, kick out! Oh man! If you've ever liked wrestling, you really need to play this one.

Emerald_Warrior
I haven't gotten into a WWE game since SDvsR2008, I gotta check this one out.
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#619 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney and Alan Wake. Both are lots of fun.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#620 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

My sig plus MGS Peacewalker (PSP), and Civ IV BTS.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#621 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

As far as retro games. Super Metroid, Zelda Majoras Mask and Zelda Link to the Past.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

250px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

Finally found a gamecube controller to hook up to my wii, started this today for the first time. (great timing as well, I'm close to finishing SMG2's Green Star challenge)

Also...

- Just 100%ed Wario Land 3 on 3DS VC, currently am just before the 3rd dungeon in Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

- Have been playing Super Metroid for the first time but I seem to have been stuck somewhere

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623 LordBrew
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9RXRGFFf3GvrIXNg5EJL 

Just made it to Disc 2.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624 Emerald_Warrior

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9RXRGFFf3GvrIXNg5EJL

Just made it to Disc 2.

LordBrew

Oh man, that game gives you a big screw you during the 2nd disc. You think you're doing good, and being throrough by saving every scrap of ammo and healing items you come across early in the game and putting them in your item boxes. But then after the Antartic Base, you return to the original base as Chris. And if you did save every scrap of ammo and healing items the first time through as Claire, then you're screwed as Chris.

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625 LordBrew
Skimming through GameFAQs prior to playing informed me to fill up the item box before the last boss fight as Claire so hopefully it won't be too bad.. It would also seem that whoever owned this before me didn't get to Disc 2 because compared to Disc 1 it's in perfect condition.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#626 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Jet Set Radio Future, almost finished with it, and i'm going to go for a second replay. Absolutely awesome game. 

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#627 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Finished in the span of the last 4 months: GTA: VC (PC) Super Mario Sunshine (GC) KOTOR 2 (PC) Witcher (PC) Chrono Cross (PS1) Currently Playing: Witcher 2 (PC)
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#628 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

250px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

Finally found a gamecube controller to hook up to my wii, started this today for the first time. (great timing as well, I'm close to finishing SMG2's Green Star challenge)

Also...

- Just 100%ed Wario Land 3 on 3DS VC, currently am just before the 3rd dungeon in Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

- Have been playing Super Metroid for the first time but I seem to have been stuck somewhere

Nude_Dude

I also played a little bit of SMS. A flawed game but not as flawed as SM64. The water is still amazing to look at.

dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#629 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu or Fire Emblem 4

Also getting SMT: Strange Journey in the mail next week.

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630 LordBrew
Last week I had to stop playing GTAIII on my original Xbox because it decided that reading discs is something that it no longer wants to do on a regular basis, and now it appears that my Dreamcast is doing the same thing. My RE:CV disc 2 looks to be in great condition but the console is having some major issues with reading it, however a burnt copy seems to be doing just fine so far...
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
Wii U: DuckTales Remastered 3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening PC: RuneScape
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#632 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy 3 (not VI). Yum!
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#633 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Started playing Drakengard since that was sitting around. I got it from a friend who wanted me to play it awhile back and now I have time to play it.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634 Emerald_Warrior

Started playing Drakengard since that was sitting around. I got it from a friend who wanted me to play it awhile back and now I have time to play it. shadowchronicle

Great game!

TrickRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635 TrickRider
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

360: Tales of Vesperia

3DS: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Genesis: alternating between Ecco: The Tides of Time and Space Invaders '91

bandct1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#636 bandct1
I am playing 007:The world is not enough for PS1
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#637 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Started playing Drakengard since that was sitting around. I got it from a friend who wanted me to play it awhile back and now I have time to play it. Emerald_Warrior

Great game!

Yeah it really is. I don't know why I didn't pick it up and play it before.
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

In general? Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

For retro gaming? I'm on my GBA playing Yu-Gi-Oh lel

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 BarbaricAvatar

563589_24772_thumb.jpg

On the PC this is one of the most enjoyable driving games, it can teach TDU many things about how to make fun semi-realistic handling.

Surprisingly on the PS2 the excellent handling model has carried-over relatively intact. The number of planes and helicopters in the sky is massively reduced and the graphics are far from crisp though this was to be expected from the less-capable hardware. The only other things missing are the cockpit view and the race replay.

Though i'm not criticising the game for it, it's on a par with NFS:HP2 despite only featuring Mercedes' and not having any cops.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640 Articuno76

1292965_10151744563453600_1147517687_o.j

Clannad for the PS2. It's a slice-of-life visual novel. Very funny and has a lot of interesting characters. I've completed one play-through of the game and I'm now getting on with the other routes.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641 Lucianu

I think i'm going to replay, and really try to get into Final Fantasy VI. 

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642 Emerald_Warrior

Tyrian 2000 for PC. Which is an absolutely awesome 2D shoot-em up with upgradable ships (spend points for upgrades), lots of options to upgrade with, great graphics and nice soundtrack, and lots of levels and unlockable bonus levels!

Highly recommended for shoot-em up fans!

http://www.gameclassification.com/files/games/tyrian_2000.gif

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Ibara .

Still hard as nails but fun !

8DXD8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644 8DXD8
I'm currently digging into the slightly more recent cross fighting games like MvC 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken. I just can't get over the campy delight I experience from these kinds of titles!
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645 Lucianu

Still playing FFVI.. I really have to ditch this bad habbit of mine and stop judging games before trully dwelving in them. This game is awesome, i was so wrong about it. Damn, i've been having so much fun with SNES JRPGs these past few weekends. They're so easy to get into.

I can easily jump into one of them, learn the mechanics in a couple of minutes and finish it in a weekend. No loading times, crisp pacing, and beautiful sprites. I think SNES JRPGs aged the best, out of any past generation. 

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

For Retro - Brain Lord -  Enix (1994) Action RPG

Brain%20Lord%20(USA).png

Brain-Lord-Boss-Fight.jpg   Brain-Lord-puzzle.jpg

Current - GTA V

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts
*snip* Brain Lordmark1982
That game looks really good, never heard of it but I will look into it now. Thanks
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648 Emerald_Warrior

For Retro - Brain Lord - Enix (1994) Action RPG

Brain%20Lord%20(USA).png

Brain-Lord-Boss-Fight.jpgBrain-Lord-puzzle.jpg

Current - GTA V

mark1982

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm gonna have to check that one out.

TigerSpiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#649 TigerSpiderman
Wow, that looks awesome. I'm gonna have to check that one out.Emerald_Warrior
The first hour is pretty awesome. ...... Well then,
mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

[QUOTE="mark1982"]*snip* Brain LordNirdBerd
That game looks really good, never heard of it but I will look into it now. Thanks

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm gonna have to check that one out.

Emerald_Warrior

No probs, the game is pretty fun, full of puzzles and fun boss fights. Having a fun time now with it.