GGD Lounge 5 - The Real Drinking Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
If Boise State was smart enough, they would join one of the major conferences.ExoticAnimal
We'd be happy to, but none of them wants to invite us to join.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] If Boise State was smart enough, they would join one of the major conferences.ChiliDragon

How is that possible? Utah went to the Pac-10. TCU is going to the Big East.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

The soldier is actually the best character imo if you're playing solo. You can upgrade your turret to give you ammo along with giving you health. I have gotten him to level 60 and I have another character at level 41 which is Lilith but I don't really like her too much.

ExoticAnimal

Well I am playing solo since I am a year late and people on my friends list have moved on but he didn't work for me. I like Bloodwing so much better than the Turret. What do the other 2 characters have as their ability?

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] If Boise State was smart enough, they would join one of the major conferences.ExoticAnimal

You'd have to ask them why. BSU is not academically eligible to joins a couple of the big conferences (no law school or med school, for example), but even the ones we qualify for just don't see why they should let us join. Well, the Mountain West did, and that's much appreciated, but if I had known that all their good teams would be leaving and that most of our old conference would come join MWC with us, I probably wouldn't have been as happy about the invite as I was at first.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

The soldier is actually the best character imo if you're playing solo. You can upgrade your turret to give you ammo along with giving you health. I have gotten him to level 60 and I have another character at level 41 which is Lilith but I don't really like her too much.

Dracula68

Well I am playing solo since I am a year late and people on my friends list have moved on but he didn't work for me. I like Bloodwing so much better than the Turret. What do the other 2 characters have as their ability?

Okay. I can't resist any longer. What exactly is a "blood wing"?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

Dracula68

Lilith has a phasewalk ability where you are able to run really fast and have the ability to burn enemies as you cross their paths and able to punch an enemy at the end of the phasewalk to deal a lot of damage. Not the best description of it but trying looking at videos and you will understand what I'm talking about. As for the other character, I can't remember what his ability is.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] We'd be happy to, but none of them wants to invite us to join.ChiliDragon

You'd have to ask them why. BSU is not academically eligible to joins a couple of the big conferences (no law school or med school, for example), but even the ones we qualify for just don't see why they should let us join. Well, the Mountain West did, and that's much appreciated, but if I had known that all their good teams would be leaving and that most of our old conference would come join MWC with us, I probably wouldn't have been as happy about the invite as I was at first.

Kinda makes sense. Is football the only major sport they have or do they have other programs like basketball?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Dracula68
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Okay. I can't resist any longer. What exactly is a "blood wing"?

Technically an ability but also my pet birds name for lack of a better term. He'll go out and attack for you. He has saved my ass many a time when I had a sliver of health and needed one enemy killed fast.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ExoticAnimal

What system did you get Borderlands for?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#160 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I couldnt stand Lilith. Btw, Borderlands, GoTY is 29.99 on amazon at the moment.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ChiliDragon
Technically an ability but also my pet birds name for lack of a better term. He'll go out and attack for you. He has saved my ass many a time when I had a sliver of health and needed one enemy killed fast.Dracula68
So basically a vicious pet bird that kills things on command? Awesome!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Dracula68
I grabbed it on the 360. I would jump on that price--same price as the game with NO DLC...lol Yeah, Bloodwing is my personal attack bird. They don't let it get too powerful or the game balance would be off is my guess. I mean then you could sit at a distance and pick them off one by one as long as the enemies are not too close to aggro the rest of the group. Kinda makes me feel like my old Necromancer on EQ. Got a few questions to anybody that has played multiplayer. First, how does the XP work? If I am level 20 and someone else I am playing with is level 50 how does the XP get divided? Also, whose game would you be playing? I assume loot is up for grabs but again with the level discrepancy what kind of loot would be available...level 20 loot or level 50?
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I grabbed it on the 360. I would jump on that price--same price as the game with NO DLC...lol Yeah, Bloodwing is my personal attack bird. They don't let it get too powerful or the game balance would be off is my guess. I mean then you could sit at a distance and pick them off one by one as long as the enemies are not too close to aggro the rest of the group. Kinda makes me feel like my old Necromancer on EQ. Got a few questions to anybody that has played multiplayer. First, how does the XP work? If I am level 20 and someone else I am playing with is level 50 how does the XP get divided? Also, whose game would you be playing? I assume loot is up for grabs but again with the level discrepancy what kind of loot would be available...level 20 loot or level 50?

I picked it up at 29.99, figured it was a deal.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#164 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I grabbed it on the 360. I would jump on that price--same price as the game with NO DLC...lol Yeah, Bloodwing is my personal attack bird. They don't let it get too powerful or the game balance would be off is my guess. I mean then you could sit at a distance and pick them off one by one as long as the enemies are not too close to aggro the rest of the group. Kinda makes me feel like my old Necromancer on EQ. Got a few questions to anybody that has played multiplayer. First, how does the XP work? If I am level 20 and someone else I am playing with is level 50 how does the XP get divided? Also, whose game would you be playing? I assume loot is up for grabs but again with the level discrepancy what kind of loot would be available...level 20 loot or level 50?

Are you talking about Borderlands? If so, then the experience stays the same and depends on what level enemies you're playing against. A level 50 person will barely gain and exp against lower leveled enemies, say if you play on normal difficulty, while the level 20 person will gain experience on an exponentially decreasing curve until they're higher than the enemies they're facing. There isn't any exp division, as any enemy a level 50 person kills, a level 20 person gains full experience as if they killed said enemy.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Dracula68

I picked it up at 29.99, figured it was a deal.Allicrombie

Nice, we'll have to play. If you still manage to have trouble killing things the 2 of us should be able to eliminate that.

Are you talking about Borderlands? If so, then the experience stays the same and depends on what level enemies you're playing against. A level 50 person will barely gain and exp against lower leveled enemies, say if you play on normal difficulty, while the level 20 person will gain experience on an exponentially decreasing curve until they're higher than the enemies they're facing. There isn't any exp division, as any enemy a level 50 person kills, a level 20 person gains full experience as if they killed said enemy.Yagr_Zero

Good to know. How does it determine whose game you are playing?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I picked it up at 29.99, figured it was a deal.Dracula68

Nice, we'll have to play. If you still manage to have trouble killing things the 2 of us should be able to eliminate that.

definitely! have another friend who wants to play too. Maybe we can err 3 way? That sounded wrong. O.O

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Dracula68
definitely! have another friend who wants to play too. Maybe we can err 3 way? That sounded wrong. O.O

Allicrombie
Uh oh, Rag will moderate you now :P Sounds good to me!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#168 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]definitely! have another friend who wants to play too. Maybe we can err 3 way? That sounded wrong. O.O

Dracula68
Uh oh, Rag will moderate you now :P Sounds good to me!

Hey!:evil: I can sling innuendo with the best of them. I just didn't figure we needed detailed discussions about someone's threesome on the OT board.:P
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ChiliDragon
I can sling innuendo with the best of them. I just didn't figure we needed detailed discussions about someone's threesome on the OT board.:Prragnaar
Se, when I see comments like these, I wonder why I stay away from OT the way I do... and then I actually read the threads there, and I remember why. :P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I can sling innuendo with the best of them. I just didn't figure we needed detailed discussions about someone's threesome on the OT board.:PChiliDragon
Se, when I see comments like these, I wonder why I stay away from OT the way I do... and then I actually read the threads there, and I remember why. :P

Speaking of reasons to stay away from OT, I just purged an account suicide thread.
Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

Speaking of reasons to stay away from OT, I just purged an account suicide thread.rragnaar

I learned long ago after too many bad experiences, that it's best to stay out of OT altogether if you intend on not getting your account banned. :D

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 yagr_zero

Dracula68
You will always be playing the game of the host and will always travel in groups. The host has complete control of what quests are going to be tackled, so if you join a Level 50 host's game and you're level 20, you can't do anything as all the quests are fully complete. If the level 50 joins your game, then you can complete everything and he can help.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Yagr_Zero
You will always be playing the game of the host and will always travel in groups. The host has complete control of what quests are going to be tackled, so if you join a Level 50 host's game and you're level 20, you can't do anything as all the quests are fully complete. If the level 50 joins your game, then you can complete everything and he can help.

Ooooh.... so it's essentially basic MMO mechanics?
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#174 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

It's so windy and cold here right now.

...and I'm almost at the end of Mass Effect 2. O:

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#175 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Wow, you finished the game with all 4 characters? So you aren't playing it a year late then like me:P I guess it was too much to hope for money to carry over into a second playthrough? I'm only level 32 I right now and just got the 3rd vault piece from Trash Coast.

I have to say this is now my favorite RPG/Shooter hybrid and it took that title away from the original Mass Effect(I am gonna pretend ME2 doesn't exist). The ONLY thing IMO that ME does better is the story but everything thing else is Borderlands all the way.

Dracula68

Oh, sorry if my wording was misleading. You do keep everything you have including cash, and the cash rewards increase in Playthrough 2. You get more when selling items in vending machines, but purchase prices also increase.

I am in an unfortunate situation, however. I purchased the game from GamersGate (digital download). All they can sell is the game itself - they've been trying for months to sell the DLCs, but 2K won't budge. DLCs will not work if you buy them from anywhere else.

So the only thing I can look forward to is the latest patch, but I still enjoy the game. I have no idea why 2K resorts to such lowbrow business practices, all it accomplishes is cutting off legitimate purchasers from content.:(

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 topsemag55

Dracula68

As I put in my last post, I'm stuck in solo too, since 2K won't give the DLCs to GamersGate.:(

Brick - berserk ability, punches with elemental effects (if equipped)

Lilith - Phasewalk, turns invisible and moves fast. Can heal self while phasing. Can melee to exit, causing more damage in addition to phase exit damage.

I'm running Lilith right now. It's fun to turn invisible and stand there for a minute while healing, then you blast the enemy with an elemental.:lol:

Note - having a weapon with a melee blade equipped will change the normal melee of Lilith (which is to extend her hand for an energy blast). Same for characters that have a blade, a weapon with a blade changes melee attack.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#177 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Playing Fallout: New Vegas on hardcore is like playing an easy version S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Kind of speaks to what kind of a game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is. ;) Still having great fun with NV, even now at 100 hours in. Appreciating the little touches, like the old road signs letting you know you're on Nevada Route 164.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#178 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
spent all day outside yesterday, froze my nuts off.. So sick now, but I can recover with some games hopefully.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 topsemag55

I played Borderlands when it came out and I couldnt stand it. It got to a point where I couldnt kill anything, its horribly annoying. I dont know if I was underpowered or my weapons just sucked or my build or whatever it was, but it got extremely hard to kill things. Nonetheless Ive been debating getting the GoTY as I'd like to give the game another chance, plus its like 39.99 on amazon at the moment.Allicrombie

It was that way for me at first too, Alli.:P

Then I started using some tactics. I'm not ashamed to say that when close to dying, I'd run away until they stopped chasing me, then I'd use a sniper rifle to take them out at long range.:oops:

Once I crouched down and went into a skag cave opening so a huge skag couldn't claw me. I shot him from there.

There are some places where you can make one set of monsters fight another - you can then retreat to a safe distance and shoot at all of them.:lol:

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Dracula68

Then I started using some tactics. I'm not ashamed to say that when close to dying, I'd run away until they stopped chasing me, then I'd use a sniper rifle to take them out at long range.:oops:topsemag55
I do that all the time. You die less that way.:shock: It is always better to run and hide so you can survive to fight another day! Although I have to ask how the hell can SpiderAnts or whatever they are called jump way the hell up 3 flights of stairs is beyond me:P

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ChiliDragon
This actually made me very angry. Some people have no shame, apparently. It also made me want to donate to the local Tots, so I guess not all bad...?
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 topsemag55

I do that all the time. You die less that way.:shock: It is always better to run and hide so you can survive to fight another day! Although I have to ask how the hell can SpiderAnts or whatever they are called jump way the hell up 3 flights of stairs is beyond me:P

Dracula68

:lol:No kidding. I did find out they can't scale a cliff, so I take refuge from a high vantage point.:P

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 rragnaar
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]This actually made me very angry. Some people have no shame, apparently. It also made me want to donate to the local Tots, so I guess not all bad...?

Wow... that is ****ed up.:(
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#184 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]This actually made me very angry. Some people have no shame, apparently. It also made me want to donate to the local Tots, so I guess not all bad...?

wow, that's messed up :lol:
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#185 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Picked up some Black Ops last night (or Cod blops as we call it) and getting ready to settle in for a nice 5 day vacation from work. Been too long since I have had some time off.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 yagr_zero

Dracula68
I just keep circling them. Keeps them confused :P. I also have my turret dealing massive amounts of damage as well helping the way.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Allicrombie
I spent so much money over the turkey day weekend, damn online sales.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 rragnaar
I spent so much money over the turkey day weekend, damn online sales.Allicrombie
:lol:... same here. I got paid right before Thanksgiving after being broke for a month and a half... and then I got paid again this week. Someone needs to cut up my credit card before I do something stupid.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Sacif

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I spent so much money over the turkey day weekend, damn online sales.rragnaar
:lol:... same here. I got paid right before Thanksgiving after being broke for a month and a half... and then I got paid again this week. Someone needs to cut up my credit card before I do something stupid.

Someone should have cut your hand before you signed up for a credit card :P not seriously but those things are poisonous to gamers...I CAN BUY EVERYTHING!!!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I spent so much money over the turkey day weekend, damn online sales.Sacif

Someone should have cut your hand before you signed up for a credit card :P not seriously but those things are poisonous to gamers...I CAN BUY EVERYTHING!!!

It really is horrible. I need a significant other in my life to keep me accountable, because right now, I'll pretty much spend everything I make, and most of it goes to games.:P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Sacif"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] :lol:... same here. I got paid right before Thanksgiving after being broke for a month and a half... and then I got paid again this week. Someone needs to cut up my credit card before I do something stupid.rragnaar

It really is horrible. I need a significant other in my life to keep me accountable, because right now, I'll pretty much spend everything I make, and most of it goes to games.:P

thought you were married lol.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Sacif

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Sacif"]

Allicrombie

thought you were married lol.

He's GS' most eligible bachelor...ladies? :D

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ChiliDragon
It really is horrible. I need a significant other in my life to keep me accountable, because right now, I'll pretty much spend everything I make, and most of it goes to games.:Prragnaar
Um... if you marry a gamer, that last part stays the same... :oops:
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 rragnaar
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] thought you were married lol.

Nah... I have exceptionally bad luck when it comes to women.(I like this explanation because it makes it sound like none of it is my fault.:P)
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] thought you were married lol.

Nah... I have exceptionally bad luck when it comes to women.(I like this explanation because it makes it sound like none of it is my fault.:P)

I have about the same luck with women. =P and guys too, for that matter.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 rragnaar
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] thought you were married lol.

I am extremely good at missing hints from people. I may be the most oblivious person in the world when it comes to dating. My default attitude is to assume that no one that I'm interested in will be interested back. I always find out from my best friend's wife that I've blown it. If only she'd clue me in BEFORE they decide to move on.:P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="rragnaar"] Nah... I have exceptionally bad luck when it comes to women.(I like this explanation because it makes it sound like none of it is my fault.:P)

I am extremely good at missing hints from people. I may be the most oblivious person in the world when it comes to dating. My default attitude is to assume that no one that I'm interested in will be interested back. I always find out from my best friend's wife that I've blown it. If only she'd clue me in BEFORE they decide to move on.:P

Oh wow. My biggest problem is that I'm home 90% of the time. Makes it hard to meet people.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Oh wow. My biggest problem is that I'm home 90% of the time. Makes it hard to meet people.

You should get out more, go see hockey games :P.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Dracula68
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Oh wow. My biggest problem is that I'm home 90% of the time. Makes it hard to meet people.

Well don't work at home then cause that 90% will only go higher...lol When people see me in public they are shocked. Someone always has(I assume all have a gun to their head) to crack some joke.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 rragnaar

:lol:... I've got that problem too. Combine it with being oblivious, and it makes things difficult. I'm trying to get out more. Working 9:00 to 5:30 Monday through Friday and every other Saturday makes it hard to be motivated. I generally want to go home and unwind when I should be out meeting people.