GGD Lounge 5 - The Real Drinking Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#51 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I still need to play the witcher.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#52 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Been switching between Borderlandstopsemag55

How do you like it? I am finally playing it too albeit a year after release but loving it so far. I started as a Soldier and got to leve 13 and got bored with him so went and re-started with Hunter and am having so much more fun especially with Bloodwing. What are you playing as?
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Dracula68
I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.Daavpuke
You kids and all your posts. *waves cane around like he just doesn't care* It has taken me over 8 years to get 20k posts.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I chose Gran Turismo over sleep last night. I think I'm in for a long day.:P
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.Dracula68
You kids and all your posts. *waves cane around like he just doesn't care* It has taken me over 8 years to get 20k posts.

It took me one. Also, back from the gamestore. I'm somewhat upset they're really DUMPING pc games. There were like 3346346E4 I wanted to buy :(.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

I'm just killing my time by playing Borderlands until my copy of GT5 arrives on the doorstep. Hurry up UPS! :x

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rragnaar
If you have $10.00 sitting around not spending itself, you should use it to buy Pac-Man CE DX. The game is phenomenal. It gets really crazy at the higher speeds. My friends and I were having a great time passing the controller back and forth yesterday trying to beat our high scores.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Watched Fight Club for the first time last night...was an interesting movie...I know I'm 11 years behind of schedule, but eh.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dracula68
passing the controller back and forth.rragnaar
Huzzah, you should have said that part in the "other" thread! No need to respond there now. :P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"] passing the controller back and forth.Dracula68
Huzzah, you should have said that part in the "other" thread! No need to respond there now. :P

Too late! I already did. My roommate decided to drink a bottle of Maker's Mark mostly to himself last night. Watching him screaming at the TV while chomping blue ghosts was fairly entertaining. He then decided to go out into the back yard and start throwing his grappling hook at stuff. Sometimes I worry about living with an alcoholic roommate that thinks he's Batman. Most of the time it is just funny though.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.Daavpuke
There's a schedule and deadline for hitting 10K? I must have missed that memo.
Too late! I already did. My roommate decided to drink a bottle of Maker's Mark mostly to himself last night. Watching him screaming at the TV while chomping blue ghosts was fairly entertaining. He then decided to go out into the back yard and start throwing his grappling hook at stuff. Sometimes I worry about living with an alcoholic roommate that thinks he's Batman. Most of the time it is just funny though.rragnaar
Wait, so the "grappling hook" was literally a real grappling hook? Oookay... that was very confusing for a while there. You need to be clear on when you're not being metaphorical about these things when you talk about someone who's been drinking. :P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rragnaar
Definitely a real grappling hook.:lol: He got on the roof of our garage and was trying to climb a icy rickety ladder when we pulled him down and took him back inside.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ChiliDragon
Definitely a real grappling hook.:lol: He got on the roof of our garage and was trying to climb a icy rickety ladder when we pulled him down and took him back inside. rragnaar
You need to make him wear a cape and film him next time. This has epic YouTube potential. :D
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Definitely a real grappling hook.:lol: He got on the roof of our garage and was trying to climb a icy rickety ladder when we pulled him down and took him back inside. ChiliDragon
You need to make him wear a cape and film him next time. This has epic YouTube potential. :D

I'm pretty sure he'd be ok with that. He's got a Batman costume from Halloween.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Huzzah for another exam before Thanksgiving >_>.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Allicrombie
Huzzah for another exam before Thanksgiving >_>.Yagr_Zero
lucky you.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rragnaar

We are doing some work for Boise State in trade for some tickets. It is looking like we'll be down at the sidelines of the Utah game.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ExoticAnimal

GT5 is amazing! Definitely worth it after the 5+ years that I had to wait for it. :D

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Been switching between BorderlandsDracula68

How do you like it? I am finally playing it too albeit a year after release but loving it so far. I started as a Soldier and got to leve 13 and got bored with him so went and re-started with Hunter and am having so much more fun especially with Bloodwing. What are you playing as?

Love the game, Dracula. I've run all four characters.

I have two characters saved - Brick at Level 47 (Playthrough 2), and Lilith at Level 31 (Playthrough 1).

By the way, when Patch 1.41 is released by Gearbox, it will raise the Level Cap from 50 to 58 (Level 69 if you have the General Knoxx DLC).

In addition, NPCs and monsters will level with you when you go to Playthrough 2, and you can continue to a Playthrough 3 with the patch.

Loot, shields, weapons, XPs, all become 1000% improved at Playthrough 2.

Edit - to get to Playthrough 2, when the credits start to roll, press ESC (or console equivalent) to return to the game. Finish the last quest. Exit the game, restart in SP mode, select the character, and the game will ask if you want Playthrough 1 or 2.

You get to keep everything you have when you start Playthrough 2, stats and inventory.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I still need to play the witcher.Allicrombie

A beautiful RPG, Alli.:)

They programmed nVidia GPU-specific graphics commands, and the graphics are phenomenal - you can even see mold growth and wear-and-tear on the buildings.

The combat takes a little getting used to (I flubbed the mouse combo attacks badly at first).:lol:

But when you really start to level-up Geralt's skills, he can take out 5 wolves in one round.:o

Oh, and the intro cinematic is epic - it took more than a year to engineer it, with motion-capture and real swordplay.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.ChiliDragon

Yessir, ma'am and it has been reached!!
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I think I'll be hitting 10K today a month ahead of time and on GT5 release day.Daavpuke

Yessir, ma'am and it has been reached!!

I've never had much of a schedule for posting...just post when I feel like it (which is quite often) All I know is that after being a GS member for 8 months I'm a bit over 2000 posts...idk if thats fast or slow...it seems kinda fast to me, but I'm not an active on any other forums.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Daavpuke
I'd say it could be done faster :lol: I was really hooked for a month or so though.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TacticalDesire

I'd say it could be done faster :lol: I was really hooked for a month or so though.Daavpuke

Lol, I seriously spend more time on this website than I do on actual gaming. Kinda ironic. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in order to be gaming I have to have actual free time. If I'm on the GS webiste I might only have sorta free time, if you get my drift.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I'd say it could be done faster :lol: I was really hooked for a month or so though.TacticalDesire

Lol, I seriously spend more time on this website than I do on actual gaming. Kinda ironic. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in order to be gaming I have to have actual free time. If I'm on the GS webiste I might only have sorta free time, if you get my drift.

Since I have the exact same problem, I'm with you 100% buddy.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rragnaar
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What is everyone doing for the holiday? I'm heading over to my parent's house to overeat and watch football. I think I'll take my PS3 and Sports Champions as well. My mom will like that game.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ExoticAnimal

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else too! We had our Thanksgiving dinner last night because I told my mom I would be having 2 Thanksgiving dinners and didn't really want to waste any food so I'll be having that 2nd dinner on Friday with my step-mom's family. :D I'm just watching football today and playing video games. :P

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ChiliDragon
Happy Thanksgiving! :) Taking it really slooooowww... slept in, and now I'm looking at the Steam sale and trying to decide if I want anything. Days off work are niiiice. :)
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
I'm waiting for my gf to finish playing FIFA so I can get started on Brotherhood! Happy Thanksgiving to you Americans!
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving for those of you enjoying it - I could use a long weekend myself. Cheering me up is my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom which arrived yesterday. It's so cool :) Getting to play as Batsu again was worth the price alone (I would have preferred Kyosuke or Hyo but there you are).

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Allicrombie
Merry Christmas!
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Daavpuke
Kwanzaa bot y'all.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TacticalDesire
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What is everyone doing for the holiday? I'm heading over to my parent's house to overeat and watch football. I think I'll take my PS3 and Sports Champions as well. My mom will like that game.rragnaar
Btw you just transport your PS3 around? I for one usually leave my consoles sitting...some of that also has to do with my OCD self and how I have to have the console perfectly positioned next to the TV so moving plugging unplugging can get annoying, but I never really thought about moving it from house to house either.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 rragnaar
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! [QUOTE="rragnaar"]Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What is everyone doing for the holiday? I'm heading over to my parent's house to overeat and watch football. I think I'll take my PS3 and Sports Champions as well. My mom will like that game.TacticalDesire
Btw you just transport your PS3 around? I for one usually leave my consoles sitting...some of that also has to do with my OCD self and how I have to have the console perfectly positioned next to the TV so moving plugging unplugging can get annoying, but I never really thought about moving it from house to house either.

I don't mind moving my stuff around. It isn't uncommon for me to take my TV and consoles over to my best friend's house for big nerd gatherings, so packing up one system isn't too bad. ...anyway, I had a great Thanksgiving. My mom's cooking is a wonderful thing.:)
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! [QUOTE="rragnaar"]Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What is everyone doing for the holiday? I'm heading over to my parent's house to overeat and watch football. I think I'll take my PS3 and Sports Champions as well. My mom will like that game.rragnaar

I don't mind moving my stuff around. It isn't uncommon for me to take my TV and consoles over to my best friend's house for big nerd gatherings, so packing up one system isn't too bad. ...anyway, I had a great Thanksgiving. My mom's cooking is a wonderful thing.:)

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving...the food this year for us was especially good as well. Just out of curiosity, how do you move your TV? Moving a console I can see, but do you have some sort of packing to move the TV in? Or perhaps a blanket? lol:P

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 rragnaar
My car has a hatchback and it is just wide enough to where my TV fits in pretty snug. I lay a blanket down on the floor and it works out pretty well.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Allicrombie
Steam has some great deals today.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ChiliDragon
Steam has some great deals today.Allicrombie
Machinarium..... *drool* Alabama up 21-0 after the first! Wohoo! :D
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Steam has some great deals today.ChiliDragon
Machinarium..... *drool* Alabama up 21-0 after the first! Wohoo! :D

I'd really like to play that, myself.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rragnaar
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Alabama up 21-0 after the first! Wohoo! :D

This is going to be a great day!:D
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Alabama up 21-0 after the first! Wohoo! :D

Well, it was until Auburn came back and won. Bastards. :(
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Alabama up 21-0 after the first! Wohoo! :DChiliDragon

Well, it was until Auburn came back and won. Bastards. :(

Painful I'm sure. Alabama missed so many opportunities and then when two of your top three wideouts go down along with your QB...

EDIT: Its basically up to Arizona to beat Oregon now.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Painful I'm sure. Alabama missed so many opportunities and then when two of your top three wideouts go down along with your QB... EDIT: Its basically up to Arizona to beat Oregon now.

I had to watch ESPN's game cast between calls at work, so... I missed a lot of details. And I would lie if I said I'm not optimistic about Arizona's chances.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Painful I'm sure. Alabama missed so many opportunities and then when two of your top three wideouts go down along with your QB... EDIT: Its basically up to Arizona to beat Oregon now.ChiliDragon
I had to watch ESPN's game cast between calls at work, so... I missed a lot of details. And I would lie if I said I'm not optimistic about Arizona's chances.

I can honestly say I'm surprised its 16-14 at this point. I expected after the Ducks last game against Cal, and that narrow 15-13 victory, that they would come out clicking on all cylinders, light up the scoreboard, and score 55+.

Anyway, it kinda sucks that Bama lost. Everything was set up for them to win. An early lead at home with both sides of the ball dominating...turns out that the Trent Richardson drop at the one yard line was big even though it didn't seem like it at the time. Had he caught it, it would have been a score making the game 28-0 rather than 24-0.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rragnaar

Goddamn it... BSU.:(

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ExoticAnimal

Looks like you guys will be crabby this week. :P Go Nevada!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Daavpuke
Star Wars Battlefront is pretty cool. It's just a shame the Jedi battles are actually not fun.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TacticalDesire

I'm surprised at all the FSU trash talking going on today. You wouldn't think an 8-3 team playing against a team that has beaten them 6 straight seasons would be a sure victory. I know the Gators aren't good at 7-4, and quite frankly I'm worried about them losing this game, but its like Noles fans already think the game is won. Plus they are every so annoying.