GGD Lounge 5 - The Real Drinking Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Playing Grandia while lurking in the forums. It's gonna be a looooong day of nothing.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Playing Grandia while lurking in the forums. It's gonna be a looooong day of nothing.

KillerWabbit23
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I like a lazy day and sometimes it drives me nuts. I need to stay away from Amazon.com. I just bought the first three seasons of Mad Men on blu-ray for $9.99 a piece as well as some music that no one here will like.:P Despite BSU f***ing up horribly last night, I'm having a fairly decent day here at the shop, and I'm looking forward to going home and playing GT5 until my eyes rot and then getting really full on leftovers.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

rragnaar

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I like a lazy day and sometimes it drives me nuts. I need to stay away from Amazon.com. I just bought the first three seasons of Mad Men on blu-ray for $9.99 a piece as well as some music that no one here will like.:P Despite BSU f***ing up horribly last night, I'm having a fairly decent day here at the shop, and I'm looking forward to going home and playing GT5 until my eyes rot and then getting really full on leftovers.

Sucks for BSU though. Don't need to tell you the difference in their likely bowl game now.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

TacticalDesire

Sucks for BSU though. Don't need to tell you the difference in their likely bowl game now.

I'm just worried that it will set our program back years. There are a number of people that will use this one, admittedly awful, moment to erase the last several years of progress. I'm hoping that next year will be better. We'll be in a tougher conference and I think it will be harder to downplay our accomplishments. I still can't believe that our defense fell apart. Brotzman never should have been in a position where the outcome of the game rested on him.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

rragnaar

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes I like a lazy day and sometimes it drives me nuts.

Same here. Gorram thanksgiving leftovers...

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I'm surprised at all the FSU trash talking going on today. You wouldn't think an 8-3 team playing against a team that has beaten them 6 straight seasons would be a sure victory. I know the Gators aren't good at 7-4, and quite frankly I'm worried about them losing this game, but its like Noles fans already think the game is won. Plus they are every so annoying.

TacticalDesire

There are fans on every team that are annoying. But yeah FSU has a good team, I'm suprised we managed to beat them when we did (hint Wolfpack).

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 commonfate

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

I'm surprised at all the FSU trash talking going on today. You wouldn't think an 8-3 team playing against a team that has beaten them 6 straight seasons would be a sure victory. I know the Gators aren't good at 7-4, and quite frankly I'm worried about them losing this game, but its like Noles fans already think the game is won. Plus they are every so annoying.

commonfate

There are fans on every team that are annoying. But yeah FSU has a good team, I'm suprised we managed to beat them when we did (hint Wolfpack).

NC State is off to a good start. If we beat Maryland we go to the ACC championship baby!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#108 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
And again, the clock not in Animal Crossing Wild World not setting itself to Savings Time screwed me royally :x
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Go Gamecocks, beat Clemson!
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#110 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
And again, the clock not in Animal Crossing Wild World not setting itself to Savings Time screwed me royally :xDaavpuke
is that the wii version? I really wanna play that.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I'm just worried that it will set our program back years. There are a number of people that will use this one, admittedly awful, moment to erase the last several years of progress. I'm hoping that next year will be better. We'll be in a tougher conference and I think it will be harder to downplay our accomplishments. I still can't believe that our defense fell apart. Brotzman never should have been in a position where the outcome of the game rested on him.rragnaar
I feel kind of bad for Brotzman, actually. Not only should he never have been in that situation to begin with, knowing the media around here, he'd be wise to quickly shape-shift into someone unrecognizable and avoid the internet, TV, and papers, for the next three months. What really is going to suck about this though, is the over-the-top-with-so-much-schadenfreude-it's-going-to-the-nauseating gloating that I'll have to suffer from the Vandals fans at work...
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 rragnaar
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] What really is going to suck about this though, is the over-the-top-with-so-much-schadenfreude-it's-going-to-the-nauseating gloating that I'll have to suffer from the Vandals fans at work...

My ignore list on Facebook grew a bit today. I can't stand those people.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 commonfate

Poor Wolfpack... :cry:

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Travo_basic
Damn, this stomach bug. At least USC is winning!
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Travo_basic
BTW Daavpuke, i meant to congratulate you on your 10k.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 rragnaar
I'm going to go bowling and then head downtown for drinks. This is turning into an eventful evening.:)
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Travo_basic
I'm going to go bowling and then head downtown for drinks. This is turning into an eventful evening.:)rragnaar
Have fun. :)
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TacticalDesire

Poor Wolfpack... :cry:

commonfate

Look's like everyone in OT's team lost (except Travo's team)...Gators got crushed...ughhh...FSU set off fireworks at their stadium after the victory...godamnit facing the FSU fans is going to be the worst part of this loss. I am seriously shocked at the feeling of superiority some of them are already giving. Six straight seasons of beating their team and I didn't behave like this...

-sigh-

Watched 8 mile after the game, was a very solid movie. I was impressed with Eminem's acting along with the entire plot. Of course it was a Brian Grazer film...and has he ever let down?

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Good ol' FSU fans running their mouths, condemning Florida. Ah that is so rich. I've caught flak from them for years when we've been winning, and I responded with nothing but class. In my experience, FSU fans have no class. It's pathetic. I really loved it when FSU fans would laugh in my face when other teams beat us. They had to pull for other teams. Lol, ohh FSU.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TacticalDesire

I'm going to go bowling and then head downtown for drinks. This is turning into an eventful evening.:)rragnaar

At least you can drink off a loss -_-...being under age sucks in times like these :P

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TacticalDesire

Good ol' FSU fans running their mouths, condemning Florida. Ah that is so rich. I've caught flak from them for years when we've been winning, and I responded with nothing but class. In my experience, FSU fans have no class. It's pathetic. I really loved it when FSU fans would laugh in my face when other teams beat us. They had to pull for other teams. Lol, ohh FSU.

LikeHaterade

Terrible isn't it...fireworks? carrying a gator head? (which was real btw...apparently their barbaric) the gloating? I can honestly say that I have never criticized the Seminoles in the way that their fans are criticizing my team right now. In fact I never really talk bad about the Noles except in all Gator company.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm going to go bowling and then head downtown for drinks. This is turning into an eventful evening.:)TacticalDesire

At least you can drink off a loss -_-...being under age sucks in times like these :P

I won't be able to drink much. The bar at the bowling alley just charged me $7.50 for a watered down white russian. Robbery.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm going to go bowling and then head downtown for drinks. This is turning into an eventful evening.:)rragnaar

I won't be able to drink much. The bar at the bowling alley just charged me $7.50 for a watered down white russian. Robbery.

Even bowling alleys are doing it now eh? I guess you can't bowl 300 if you're drunk. ;)

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 commonfate

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

TacticalDesire

Terrible isn't it...fireworks? carrying a gator head? (which was real btw...apparently their barbaric) the gloating? I can honestly say that I have never criticized the Seminoles in the way that their fans are criticizing my team right now. In fact I never really talk bad about the Noles except in all Gator company.

I don't know too many FSU fans but Texas2089 is a cool dude. But yeah that seems to be a bit overreacting. And I thought the State vs Carolina Vs Duke rivalries were something... :?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 rragnaar

I'm fairly certain that you can't get drunk on white russians. That is actually a good thing tonight. I've had some adventures, including backing into someone's car.(completely sober, I blame the ice.)

edit: Now that I'm home, I will elaborate. We went bowling, and when I was leaving, I backed into someone's car. I rolled down my window and looked at the car, and there was no damage, so I left. Then some guy rolled up next to me in a big SUV and got out of his car and yelled at me for being a 'hit and run' driver. I told him I wasn't trying to get away with anything, but he'd already decided I was a scumbag. Anyway, long story short, the guy that stopped me was threatening to either kick my ass or call the cops... (my choice apparently), so I found the owner of the car, he didn't care that I'd hit his car, but the guy who stopped me still treated me like I was some sort of awful human being, and I left. Dumbness. The rest of the night was good.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]And again, the clock not in Animal Crossing Wild World not setting itself to Savings Time screwed me royally :xAllicrombie
is that the wii version? I really wanna play that.

DS, to me, a perfect platform for such a game.
BTW Daavpuke, i meant to congratulate you on your 10k.Travo_basic
Thank you very kindly.
ksko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ksko
Member since 2007 • 509 Posts
dammit you should of hit & run that dude that stopped you ::)
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#128 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I'm fairly certain that you can't get drunk on white russians. That is actually a good thing tonight. I've had some adventures, including backing into someone's car.(completely sober, I blame the ice.)

edit: Now that I'm home, I will elaborate. We went bowling, and when I was leaving, I backed into someone's car. I rolled down my window and looked at the car, and there was no damage, so I left. Then some guy rolled up next to me in a big SUV and got out of his car and yelled at me for being a 'hit and run' driver. I told him I wasn't trying to get away with anything, but he'd already decided I was a scumbag. Anyway, long story short, the guy that stopped me was threatening to either kick my ass or call the cops... (my choice apparently), so I found the owner of the car, he didn't care that I'd hit his car, but the guy who stopped me still treated me like I was some sort of awful human being, and I left. Dumbness. The rest of the night was good.

rragnaar

That sounds horrible. Some people just seem to enjoy being vindictive. Afterall, it wasn't like you actually damaged the car or anything. :? You did the right thing by staying cool.

Reminds me of the story someone once told me, after somebody's car was damaged, a piece of paper was left on the windscreen which said "I damaged your car. People looking at me think I'm leaving my insurance details, but I'm not." ;)

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Travo_basic

LikeHaterade
It's the same with Clemson fans. You should see some of the Facebook responses when Clemson beats Carolina.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 rragnaar

That sounds horrible. Some people just seem to enjoy being vindictive. Afterall, it wasn't like you actually damaged the car or anything. :? You did the right thing by staying cool.

Reminds me of the story someone once told me, after somebody's car was damaged, a piece of paper was left on the windscreen which said "I damaged your car. People looking at me think I'm leaving my insurance details, but I'm not." ;)

gbrading

:lol:... that is a pretty awful, but hilarious thing to do. Yeah, the whole thing was frustrating, but it worked out.

I had a great morning over at my best friend's house. We had Sunday brunch. His wife is an amazing cook. I think I ate more this morning than I did at Thanksgiving. She made these amazing pumpkin muffins, pancakes and three different kinds of quiche. We also had an abundance of bacon. It was pretty great. The view from their apartment's balcony is amazing too.

I am going to take a nap now.:P

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 commonfate

[QUOTE="gbrading"]

rragnaar

epic pic

Now that looks amazing!

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#132 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I wish it snowed in Northern CA.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Daavpuke
4th coffee of the day.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Just found out that Leslie Nielsen died today. He will surely be missed by many. :(

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 commonfate

Just found out that Leslie Nielsen died today. He will surely be missed by many. :(

ExoticAnimal

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ExoticAnimal

You got the wrong person. :P Loved Airplane and the Naked Gun series.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Allicrombie
god steam is slow in updating their daily sales. its 8am here and it says there's a couple hours to go.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Love the game, Dracula. I've run all four characters.

I have two characters saved - Brick at Level 47 (Playthrough 2), and Lilith at Level 31 (Playthrough 1).

By the way, when Patch 1.41 is released by Gearbox, it will raise the Level Cap from 50 to 58 (Level 69 if you have the General Knoxx DLC).

In addition, NPCs and monsters will level with you when you go to Playthrough 2, and you can continue to a Playthrough 3 with the patch.

Loot, shields, weapons, XPs, all become 1000% improved at Playthrough 2.

Edit - to get to Playthrough 2, when the credits start to roll, press ESC (or console equivalent) to return to the game. Finish the last quest. Exit the game, restart in SP mode, select the character, and the game will ask if you want Playthrough 1 or 2.

You get to keep everything you have when you start Playthrough 2, stats and inventory.

topsemag55

Wow, you finished the game with all 4 characters? So you aren't playing it a year late then like me:P I guess it was too much to hope for money to carry over into a second playthrough? I'm only level 32 I right now and just got the 3rd vault piece from Trash Coast.

I have to say this is now my favorite RPG/Shooter hybrid and it took that title away from the original Mass Effect(I am gonna pretend ME2 doesn't exist). The ONLY thing IMO that ME does better is the story but everything thing else is Borderlands all the way.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 commonfate

ExoticAnimal

Oh I know who you meant I just wanted an excuse to use that picture again lol.

I am serious and don't call me Shirley... :cry:

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

commonfate

:cry: I'm going to watch all his movies sometime later this week once I'm done with all the school work.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ExoticAnimal

TCU is going to join the Big East! All right! They only strengthen our conference even though the BE is having a down year for our football conference. I wonder if their other sports will join the Big East since they have a basketball program but we already have 16 teams and that will screw everything up. If Boise State was smart enough, they would join one of the major conferences.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

ExoticAnimal

:cry: I'm going to watch all his movies sometime later this week once I'm done with all the school work.

I had actually watched Airplane for the first time last monday night... weird how life is like that.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 commonfate

I just noticed the title was "The Real Drinking Simulator"... maybe I need glasses because all this time I've been thinking it said "The Real Driving Simulator". Tricky TC :D

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Love the game, Dracula. I've run all four characters.

I have two characters saved - Brick at Level 47 (Playthrough 2), and Lilith at Level 31 (Playthrough 1).

By the way, when Patch 1.41 is released by Gearbox, it will raise the Level Cap from 50 to 58 (Level 69 if you have the General Knoxx DLC).

In addition, NPCs and monsters will level with you when you go to Playthrough 2, and you can continue to a Playthrough 3 with the patch.

Loot, shields, weapons, XPs, all become 1000% improved at Playthrough 2.

Edit - to get to Playthrough 2, when the credits start to roll, press ESC (or console equivalent) to return to the game. Finish the last quest. Exit the game, restart in SP mode, select the character, and the game will ask if you want Playthrough 1 or 2.

You get to keep everything you have when you start Playthrough 2, stats and inventory.

Dracula68

Wow, you finished the game with all 4 characters? So you aren't playing it a year late then like me:P I guess it was too much to hope for money to carry over into a second playthrough? I'm only level 32 I right now and just got the 3rd vault piece from Trash Coast.

I have to say this is now my favorite RPG/Shooter hybrid and it took that title away from the original Mass Effect(I am gonna pretend ME2 doesn't exist). The ONLY thing IMO that ME does better is the story but everything thing else is Borderlands all the way.

Oh Lee...and here I thought we could be friends. =P I played Borderlands when it came out and I couldnt stand it. It got to a point where I couldnt kill anything, its horribly annoying. I dont know if I was underpowered or my weapons just sucked or my build or whatever it was, but it got extremely hard to kill things. Nonetheless Ive been debating getting the GoTY as I'd like to give the game another chance, plus its like 39.99 on amazon at the moment.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="commonfate"] Oh I know who you meant I just wanted an excuse to use that picture again lol.

commonfate

I had actually watched Airplane for the first time last monday night... weird how life is like that.

Yea, me and my brother watched the Naked Gun series last Friday and Saturday. Kinda weird since he died a day later.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Oh Lee...and here I thought we could be friends. =P I played Borderlands when it came out and I couldnt stand it. It got to a point where I couldnt kill anything, its horribly annoying. I dont know if I was underpowered or my weapons just sucked or my build or whatever it was, but it got extremely hard to kill things. Nonetheless Ive been debating getting the GoTY as I'd like to give the game another chance, plus its like 39.99 on amazon at the moment.

I waited a year and figured at this point I may as well get the GOTY(get all DLC content--I haven't touched those areas yet). I felt the same way when I started with the Soldier and I got bored from dying all the time too. I them decided to give it one more chance with a different character and I am so glad I did. I get killed still but nowhere near as much as when I was a Solider. I had to learn you can't just run in and gun everybody down especially those damn brutes or whatever they are called. Got to actually think and plan out your attack. I have to say Hunter rules with the Sniper. So much fun killing picking off people with 1 nicely timed head shot...and then to hear my guy brag about it is priceless...lmao I never get tired of that. One thing I forgot to mention before. The vehicle takes a bit to get use to but once you do you'll love using it and will hate having to walk/run. The game wants to be fair is my guess why it makes it so in certain areas you can't just take the vehicle in and mow everybody down. That is fun though---mowing **** down that takes too many bullets to kill.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Oh Lee...and here I thought we could be friends. =P I played Borderlands when it came out and I couldnt stand it. It got to a point where I couldnt kill anything, its horribly annoying. I dont know if I was underpowered or my weapons just sucked or my build or whatever it was, but it got extremely hard to kill things. Nonetheless Ive been debating getting the GoTY as I'd like to give the game another chance, plus its like 39.99 on amazon at the moment.Dracula68
I waited a year and figured at this point I may as well get the GOTY(get all DLC content--I haven't touched those areas yet). I felt the same way when I started with the Soldier and I got bored from dying all the time too. I them decided to give it one more chance with a different character and I am so glad I did. I get killed still but nowhere near as much as when I was a Solider. I had to learn you can't just run in and gun everybody down especially those damn brutes or whatever they are called. Got to actually think and plan out your attack. I have to say Hunter rules with the Sniper. So much fun killing picking off people with 1 nicely timed head shot...and then to hear my guy brag about it is priceless...lmao I never get tired of that. One thing I forgot to mention before. The vehicle takes a bit to get use to but once you do you'll love using it and will hate having to walk/run. The game wants to be fair is my guess why it makes it so in certain areas you can't just take the vehicle in and mow everybody down. That is fun though---mowing **** down that takes too many bullets to kill.

The soldier is actually the best character imo if you're playing solo. You can upgrade your turret to give you ammo along with giving you health. I have gotten him to level 60 and I have another character at level 41 which is Lilith but I don't really like her too much.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 commonfate

[QUOTE="Dracula68"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Oh Lee...and here I thought we could be friends. =P I played Borderlands when it came out and I couldnt stand it. It got to a point where I couldnt kill anything, its horribly annoying. I dont know if I was underpowered or my weapons just sucked or my build or whatever it was, but it got extremely hard to kill things. Nonetheless Ive been debating getting the GoTY as I'd like to give the game another chance, plus its like 39.99 on amazon at the moment.ExoticAnimal

The soldier is actually the best character imo if you're playing solo. You can upgrade your turret to give you ammo along with giving you health. I have gotten him to level 60 and I have another character at level 41 which is Lilith but I don't really like her too much.

Agreed. I played through it with the soldier and pretty much maxed out everything I could with the turret and that thing was a beast.