GGD Lounge 5 - The Real Drinking Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Its snowing here too. :D

ExoticAnimal
It's snowing in PA or am I confusing you with another user? My favorite season of the year and I hardly get snow any more:(. (Think of it as if you like Summer and it was always raining or cold and cloudy EVERY single day) As a kid we use to get a lot---killed school for a full week 3 times!
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Its snowing here too. :DChiliDragon
Do you have crazy "I'm deluded about my driving skills in snow and believe my car will always bail me out anyway"-drivers as well? I hate them :evil:

Yes we do. lol Honestly, I've never seen how people can be so terrible at driving here than anywhere else I have been. Drivers drive slow in the left lane and drive an average speed of 85 in the right lane. It's a good thing that my apartment is only minutes from campus so no need to drive but that still wouldn't be possible because my car got stolen.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#253 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Its snowing here too. :DChiliDragon
Do you have crazy "I'm deluded about my driving skills in snow and believe my car will always bail me out anyway"-drivers as well? I hate them :evil:

Getting to work is always an adventure. Sane drivers are in the minority on Chinden. I'm always amazed that some d-bag in a big truck will tailgate me on a day like today. I drive a little rear wheel drive car that is more likely to spin out than drive in a straight line, and this bastard wants to be going 40 in a snowstorm.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Its snowing here too. :D

Dracula68

It's snowing in PA or am I confusing you with another user? My favorite season of the year and I hardly get snow any more:(. (Think of it as if you like Summer and it was always raining or cold and cloudy EVERY single day) As a kid we use to get a lot---killed school for a full week 3 times!

You have me confused with someone else. I go to school in Cincinnait, Ohio. I love the snow but we don't get as much snow as we do back home.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Its snowing here too. :Drragnaar

Getting to work is always an adventure. Sane drivers are in the minority on Chinden. I'm always amazed that some d-bag in a big truck will tailgate me on a day like today. I drive a little rear wheel drive car that is more likely to spin out than drive in a straight line, and this bastard wants to be going 40 in a snowstorm.

Ah yes, the stupid truck drivers who think 4-wheel drive means you can't lose traction in snow :roll: (Pssst... throw some heavy sandbags in the trunk of the car, it helps the rear wheels grip and stabilizes the whole thing ;) ) One of my co-workers was hit by a big reckless truck driver when the first snow came last week, a female d-bag who was driving 60mph on the interstate coming into town in the lovely snow and ice and strong winds weather in the morning. The trick out of control and did a couple of 360s across all lanes, ended up facing the wrong way, and then spun into front passenger side of my co-workers much smaller car. My co-worker was thankfully paying attention and had slowed down considerably, and was planning to try and get around the truck once it stopped spinning, so the hit was more of a glancing blow than a full on collision. Thankfully... but it baffles me that someone would try to drive that fast on roads like these.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Do you have crazy "I'm deluded about my driving skills in snow and believe my car will always bail me out anyway"-drivers as well? I hate them :evil:ChiliDragon

Ah yes, the stupid truck drivers who think 4-wheel drive means you can't lose traction in snow :roll: (Pssst... throw some heavy sandbags in the trunk of the car, it helps the rear wheels grip and stabilizes the whole thing ;) ) One of my co-workers was hit by a big reckless truck driver when the first snow came last week, a female d-bag who was driving 60mph on the interstate coming into town in the lovely snow and ice and strong winds weather in the morning. The trick out of control and did a couple of 360s across all lanes, ended up facing the wrong way, and then spun into front passenger side of my co-workers much smaller car. My co-worker was thankfully paying attention and had slowed down considerably, and was planning to try and get around the truck once it stopped spinning, so the hit was more of a glancing blow than a full on collision. Thankfully... but it baffles me that someone would try to drive that fast on roads like these.

Wow, thats crazy. I remember driving home a few years ago and it was about 3 am in the morning and the highway was just covered with ice. I drove like 45-50 mph but I still managed to lose control of my car and did a 360 going into multiple lanes and trying to regain control of the car and eventually sliding into a ditch. Thankfully no one was even driving on the highway near me at the time. I wasn't hurt at all and there was no damage to the car except for all the mud that was built up trying to get out of a muddy ditch. :P

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 rragnaar

Ah yes, the stupid truck drivers who think 4-wheel drive means you can't lose traction in snow :roll: (Pssst... throw some heavy sandbags in the trunk of the car, it helps the rear wheels grip and stabilizes the whole thing ;) )

One of my co-workers was hit by a big reckless truck driver when the first snow came last week, a female d-bag who was driving 60mph on the interstate coming into town in the lovely snow and ice and strong winds weather in the morning. The trick out of control and did a couple of 360s across all lanes, ended up facing the wrong way, and then spun into front passenger side of my co-workers much smaller car. My co-worker was thankfully paying attention and had slowed down considerably, and was planning to try and get around the truck once it stopped spinning, so the hit was more of a glancing blow than a full on collision. Thankfully... but it baffles me that someone would try to drive that fast on roads like these.ChiliDragon

Thankfully I've got plenty of weight in the back of my car. It is still full of boxes from when I moved out of my old place in September.:P That sounds like your co-worker is pretty lucky. I'm glad that I don't ever have to drive on the connector or the freeway this time of year. The worst that will happen to me on Chinden is a smashed bumper and some whiplash.

My best friend has been driving me nuts today. He's a teacher, so he didn't go to work and he's been texting me about how great the new Battlefield maps are. I just want today to end.:evil:

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Oh snap, my gamercard finally updated. Hopefully its fixed for good.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 ChiliDragon
I'll never understand that... I had never heard of work places or schools closing because of snow until I moved here. It's weird.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 rragnaar

I'll never understand that... I had never heard of work places or schools closing because of snow until I moved here. It's weird.ChiliDragon
You've seen how we drive. This is for the best.:P
Oh snap, my gamercard finally updated. Hopefully its fixed for good.F1Lengend

Nice... yeah, it looks like it is working.

I like my current sig too much to change it back to the gamercard, plus I got way too many random invites from people back when I had my PSN out in the open. Everyone things I'm their long lost friend named Ragnar.:P I suppose that is my fault for not realizing it is a common name elsewhere in the world. I just wanted to sound like a viking badass.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Wow. I'm going to be forever studying it seems like. I must make no less than a 98.5 on my final paper in one of my classes in order to keep an A+ in my special topics education class. Then I have to make at least a 95 on my final paper to make an A in my English class. And I have to make at least a 96 on my cal exam to make an A in that class. :cry: On the bright side I got my credit for my tennis class and I made an A in my Chem lab course :D

But still I never studied in high school except for my AP courses. College is just a different thing entirely though.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 commonfate

Yeah I had one from the same site and it kept showing up 0 for everything. I like the one I have now because it shows my most recent games played which is pretty cool but the backgrounds have to be changed manually for each game and they only have the big time releases. One thing I find funny is that one of their backgrounds is a Gears of War background haha

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 commonfate

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]I'll never understand that... I had never heard of work places or schools closing because of snow until I moved here. It's weird.rragnaar

You've seen how we drive. This is for the best.:P

Nice... yeah, it looks like it is working.

I like my current sig too much to change it back to the gamercard, plus I got way too many random invites from people back when I had my PSN out in the open. Everyone things I'm their long lost friend named Ragnar.:P I suppose that is my fault for not realizing it is a common name elsewhere in the world. I just wanted to sound like a viking badass.

I could imagine as a mod you would get very rude messages as well.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 ChiliDragon
Everyone things I'm their long lost friend named Ragnar.:P I suppose that is my fault for not realizing it is a common name elsewhere in the world. I just wanted to sound like a viking badass.rragnaar
Congratulations, you do. :P
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#265 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

My PSP has been getting a lot of action recently. After killing everything in sight in Ghost of Sparta (awesome game) and restoring peace to the world in Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (likewise awesome) I'm finally facing Chaos in Dissidia Final Fantasy. And I can't beat him. I just can't. Has anyone else got to this point? I expect him to be very hard being the final boss and all but I don't expect him to be very hard three times in a bloody row. Screen filling special attacks! A small stage that leaves almost no room to dodge! Lose against one of his forms and you're right back to the beginning!

I wish I knew what goes through developers' minds when they design encounters like this. Do they think I'll thank them for the challenge? Do they think I'll realise that beyond hardship lies a greater sense of accomplishment? If so then I'm going to have to disappoint Dissidia's creators because all I feel is the urge to take my PSP and bash their wretched skulls in.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 rragnaar

I could imagine as a mod you would get very rude messages as well.

commonfate

I've only been harassed via PSN once as a result of being a moderator. I used to get some hate messages right when Bad Company 2 came out, but I think that was just because I'd already had 80 hours in the beta and 50 in the demo when the game launched and had an advantage.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Everyone things I'm their long lost friend named Ragnar.:P I suppose that is my fault for not realizing it is a common name elsewhere in the world. I just wanted to sound like a viking badass.ChiliDragon
Congratulations, you do. :P

Wow...

His most notable raid was probably the raid upon Paris in 845 AD, which was spared from burning only by the payment of 7,000lbs of silver asdanegeldbyCharles the Bald. To court his second wife, the Swedish princess Thora, Ragnar traveled to Sweden and quelled an infestation of venomous snakes, famously wearing the hairy breeches whereby he gained his nickname. He continued the series of successful raids against France throughout the mid 9th century, and fought numerous civil wars in Denmark, until his luck ran out at last in Britain. After being shipwrecked on the English coast during a freak storm, he was captured byAngliankingÆlla of Northumbriaand put to death in an infamous manner by being thrown into a pit of vipers.

I feel that the word epic is perhaps overused these days, but that dude is epic!:P

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#268 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="commonfate"]I could imagine as a mod you would get very rude messages as well.

rragnaar

I've only been harassed via PSN once as a result of being a moderator. I used to get some hate messages right when Bad Company 2 came out, but I think that was just because I'd already had 80 hours in the beta and 50 in the demo when the game launched and had an advantage.

gotta love mod hate.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 commonfate

I've noticed that a few of the mods have youtube gaming channels. My question is what do you use to capture the video and sound? I've always been interested in making a gaming channel but lack the knowledge.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 rragnaar

I've noticed that a few of the mods have youtube gaming channels. My question is what do you use to capture the video and sound? I've always been interested in making a gaming channel but lack the knowledge.

commonfate

I use my iPhone 4 and a Gorilla Tripod.

I can't afford a good capture card or a computer to put it in.:P

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 ExoticAnimal

Have you recorded Demon's Souls yet? I haven't played the game in a good while but would like to watch some videos to see what I could improve upon for the NG+.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 ChiliDragon
I feel that the word epic is perhaps overused these days, but that dude is epic!:Prragnaar
Personally, I like the way the snake theme comes back for his death. Typical viking... fights off venomous snakes when there's a chance he'll get laid for it, but doesn't bother fighting them off when his life is on the line :P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 ExoticAnimal

Hey common, take a look at your pm. I need help with something.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 rragnaar

Have you recorded Demon's Souls yet? I haven't played the game in a good while but would like to watch some videos to see what I could improve upon for the NG+.

ExoticAnimal
I've recorded parts, but I've been busy playing games. I generally start uploads when I leave for work since it kills my internet.
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I feel that the word epic is perhaps overused these days, but that dude is epic!:PChiliDragon
Personally, I like the way the snake theme comes back for his death. Typical viking... fights off venomous snakes when there's a chance he'll get laid for it, but doesn't bother fighting them off when his life is on the line :P

:lol:...
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]I feel that the word epic is perhaps overused these days, but that dude is epic!:Prragnaar

:lol:...

In fairness to Mr. Lodbrok, that actually wasn't it. The famous fur pants that gave him his name were enchanted with anti-snake spells that made him immune to their bites, so the first viper infestation really wasn't much of a challenge. The Northumbrian king, not being a total idiot, made Ragnar take his pants off before he threw him in the snake pit. ;)
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#276 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

ExoticAnimal
I started NG+ but gave up since most enemys 1 hit kill me, too frustrating for me.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="commonfate"]I could imagine as a mod you would get very rude messages as well.

Allicrombie

gotta love mod hate.

I got threatening messages too years ago. Then I set my account to private and friends only.

Well that 2 hour power outage because of rain and wind was fun.... Why did it have to be 64 degrees? It could have been a blizzard!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 rragnaar
Anti-snake magic pants. We live in such boring times. I almost got in an accident on my way to get some lunch. A truck going the other way went through a massive slush pile and it all landed on my windshield. I was driving blind for longer than I'd like and couldn't hit my brakes because someone was behind me. I'm ready for Spring.:P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

GodModeEnabled

I started NG+ but gave up since most enemys 1 hit kill me, too frustrating for me.

I would be playing DS except for the fact that I just bought like 6 brand new games in less than a month.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="rragnaar"] I've only been harassed via PSN once as a result of being a moderator. I used to get some hate messages right when Bad Company 2 came out, but I think that was just because I'd already had 80 hours in the beta and 50 in the demo when the game launched and had an advantage.

Dracula68

gotta love mod hate.

I got threatening messages too years ago. Then I set my account to private and friends only.

Well that 2 hour power outage because of rain and wind was fun.... Why did it have to be 64 degrees? It could have been a blizzard!

I rarely ever get messages like that. Some guy did send me a PM after I locked his thread in OT recently, went off for a bit, but then ended the message with, "well have a good day!", that was kinda funny.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 ChiliDragon

I would be playing DS except for the fact that I just bought like 6 brand new games in less than a month.

ExoticAnimal
I blame holiday sales. :P
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

ChiliDragon

I blame Jesus

[spoiler] JK :P [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Hello my GGD friends.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 ExoticAnimal

Hello my GGD friends.Travo_basic

Whats going on? Just currently eating a Chipotle burrito. :)

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Travo_basic

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Hello my GGD friends.ExoticAnimal

From where?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Hello my GGD friends.Travo_basic

From where?

If you want to get into specifics, then I got it from down my street. :P

Actually, I got it from Chipotle but I'm not sure if you have it out west.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]I would be playing DS except for the fact that I just bought like 6 brand new games in less than a month.TacticalDesire

blame Jesus

God made you do it? That's a new one... usually gamers go for the "I thought it was real!" defense :P
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#288 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Hello my GGD friends.ExoticAnimal

I havent had Chipolte in years :cry:.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

Hello my GGD friends.Travo_basic

Me neither....kinda want one now.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

Travo_basic

Me neither....kinda want one now.

There was a point during my freshman year of college where I couldn't go a week without eating Chipotle.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Vexx88
Seems that I caused a ruckus in the GS GOTY 2010 comments.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] I blame holiday sales. :PChiliDragon
blame Jesus

God made you do it? That's a new one... usually gamers go for the "I thought it was real!" defense :P

Have you heard about Steve Johnson's tweet? He's the Bills WR who dropped the would be GWing catch in OT against the Steelers. He tweeted something like "I praise you 24/7, and this how u repay me god?..." That's not all of it, but thats all I can remember. Watch last night's Colbert Report if you want details:P

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#293 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I think I have a lot of social issues. Plus I have no immune system so if I catch something like a cold somewhere, it usually means a week long hospital stay. Dracula68

Kinda the same here. I do have an immune system but it is weakened severely with the drugs I take daily. I just say I have the immune system of a child/really old person. And add Agoraphobia/Anxiety FTL I take way too many pills per day.

Confessions of a mod's life....

hmmm...

Anyways, I just got Borderlands GOTY from Amazon for 29.99 for PS3. Anyone want to play?

commonfate

Wrong system :evil:

You mean if you don't have the same machine, you can't co-op in Borderlands? Honestly, I did not know that.:o

I thought anyone could co-op, isn't it on the same website?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 commonfate

Rag you have an astounding number of games. How do you eat?

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#295 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I wish I knew what goes through developers' minds when they design encounters like this. Business_Fun

I've come to this realization - Developers know how to write code for a game, but they have forgotten how to game.:lol:

It's patently obvious when you run a side-quest in a RPG, and you get zero XPs upon completion.:lol:

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Allicrombie
Seems that I caused a ruckus in the GS GOTY 2010 comments.Vexx88
I gotta see this.
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Vexx88
[QUOTE="Vexx88"]Seems that I caused a ruckus in the GS GOTY 2010 comments.Allicrombie
I gotta see this.

Not a ruckus but some discussion because I have an opinion :P
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 commonfate

Free map packs are never a bad deal at all.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 commonfate

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Vexx88"]Seems that I caused a ruckus in the GS GOTY 2010 comments.Vexx88
I gotta see this.

Is there some crazy thread on SW or something?

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Vexx88

[QUOTE="Vexx88"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I gotta see this.commonfate

Is there some crazy thread on SW or something?

No no the GOTY discussion on the front page.