GGD Game Recommendations Thread - Post 'What Game Should I Get' Questions Here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Hi!

I need some help locating a game, or more specifically a game type.

I have a couple of friends that have an X- Box and a PlayStation. They enjoy playing games together, but only this specific type.

In broad general terms their genre of choice is the RPG, but more specifically they are only interested in games that can be played multi player from a single console (in other words, no network connection required) all the characters must appear on a single. Non-split screen and the perspective must be top down, or ¾ top down.

To further illustrate, the games they already own are: for the X-Box; Dungeons & dragons Heroes and for the PlayStation; Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2,Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms.

My friends seem to think that there are no other games, for either console that would fit the above listed criteria.

They may be correct, but I just can't believe it.

If anybody can recommend any other games, of this nature for either console, or the Wii for that matter I would sure like to hear of them.

Thanks!

doug-d1

X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance series, I like X-Men Legends II the best...Fallout Brotherhood of Steel and Justice League Heroes can both be played with two players...And I would recommend Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II but I don't think that game is even compatible nor are its servers still up.

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="PS2_PC_FAN"]Shall I get Call Of Duty:WaW or WoW w/ Burning Crusade?QUOTE]
antonio151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 antonio151
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
cant decide between dead space and fallout 3 aaaaa...
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 HiResDes

cant decide between dead space and fallout 3 aaaaa...antonio151

If you like Resident 4 or Bioshock better go with Dead Space

If you like Oblivion, Fable, or Mass Effect better go with Fallout 3

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#155 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="antonio151"]cant decide between dead space and fallout 3 aaaaa...HiResDes

If you like Resident 4 or Bioshock better go with Dead Space

If you like Oblivion, Fable, or Mass Effect better go with Fallout 3

...and if you like good games buy them both!  Fallout 3 will last you longer, but Dead Space shouldn't be missed.

soccerguy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 soccerguy93
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

What are a couple good games $25 or below? I have a Wii, 360, and DS and play all genres, although I'd like a nice RPG. Also M games are out of the question. Some family members want Christmas ideas and I couldn't find many, XP. Thanks in advance!

luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
Any games with a (accurate) medieval setting, for my medievalist brother, either for a low-end PC or 360. Thanks.
soccerguy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 soccerguy93
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate Bladestorm is, but I do know that its set in the 100 years war, which if I remember correctly is late medieval times. Oh, and its on the 360.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 HiResDes
Any games with a (accurate) medieval setting, for my medievalist brother, either for a low-end PC or 360. Thanks.luisen123
Medieval II: Total War is pretty damn accurate. And maybe Elder Scrolls Oblivion for a more loose interpretation.
fearmysandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 fearmysandwich
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
not too sure if someone has already suggested it. but, the DLC halo combat evolved.... could be abit more than 10$ though not sure on the exact MSP price
DhavokBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 DhavokBoss
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

Ok this is my problem I want 5 games for christmas and I have done some research and filled four spots with great games with differents genres and styles of play in order for me to not get bored and get more play time. here are what I have so far:

1 Fable 2 (humorous rpg fantasy)

2 Saints Row 2 (sandbox GTA/childish exaggerated game)

3. Gears of War 2 (gory, bloody, real-man's shooter type of game)

4. Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 (wrestling game-(I like wrestling and I wrestle on my high school team) From the last one I played I can say it is pretty solid)

5. (empty)

for my last spot I was thinking of putting fallout 3, far cry 2, or left 4 dead I'm open for any suggestions to good games and I'd like to know what you think.

DhavokBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 DhavokBoss
anyone? man this thread is gonna die soon I waited 24 hours (well almost)
DhavokBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 DhavokBoss
anyone? man this thread is gonna die soon I waited 24 hours (well almost)
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 HiResDes

Ok this is my problem I want 5 games for christmas and I have done some research and filled four spots with great games with differents genres and styles of play in order for me to not get bored and get more play time. here are what I have so far:

4. Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 (wrestling game-(I like wrestling and I wrestle on my high school team) From the last one I played I can say it is pretty solid)

5. (empty)

for my last spot I was thinking of putting fallout 3, far cry 2, or left 4 dead I'm open for any suggestions to good games and I'd like to know what you think.

DhavokBoss

I'd get Fallout 3 definitely if I were you, but I don't think Left 4 Dead should be missed so I'd suggest getting that instead of SR2 (not that its a bad pick). 

jaywd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 jaywd

5. (empty)

DhavokBoss
i'd definitely get quantum of solace for 360 as well. it's AWESOME!
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 HiResDes
[QUOTE="DhavokBoss"]

5. (empty)

jaywd

i'd definitely get quantum of solace for 360 as well. it's AWESOME!

I wouldn't 

jus_blaze101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 jus_blaze101
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
hm.......I want to play a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Xmen:legends 2, where you control a bunch of characters, and you might meet some new characters along the way and you decide whether or not to keep them. CAn you guys reccommend any games for the 360 or pc? thanks.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 HiResDes

hm.......I want to play a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Xmen:legends 2, where you control a bunch of characters, and you might meet some new characters along the way and you decide whether or not to keep them. CAn you guys reccommend any games for the 360 or pc? thanks.jus_blaze101

Mass Effect, Enchanted Arms, Tales of Vesperia *shrugs* really there are no games like that on the 360 except the ones you already mentioned, none of the ones I mentioned really are all that similar nor do they feature multiplayer.

Psyny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#169 Psyny
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

Hi!

Despite all bad reviews about Dynasty Warriors 6 i have fun playing it. I found other similar game called Warriors Orochi 2.

All i want is another game similar to Dynasty Warriors. With RPG elements or not. Any plataform is welcome, but i have a PC and XBOX 360.

Someone can hel-me?

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 HiResDes

Hi!

Despite all bad reviews about Dynasty Warriors 6 i have fun playing it. I found other similar game called Warriors Orochi 2.

All i want is another game similar to Dynasty Warriors. With RPG elements or not. Any plataform is welcome, but i have a PC and XBOX 360.

Someone can hel-me?

Psyny

Ninety-Nine Nights, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War, Samurai Warriors 2

jus_blaze101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jus_blaze101
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Hi!

Someone can hel-me?

Psyny

sure, I'll hell you.

XD

Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Light_SHock

Just received a $40 Gift Card to GameStop from my parents (as a birthday present) and have been debating for a bit on what to get. So far I've narrowed it down to a few things I want:

1) A 2000 Wii Points card + a Classic Controller (to play SNES games)

2) The new Prince of Persia game for the 360

3) WarioLand: Shake It

4) Animal Crossing? (might be interested in this...but it's not in my top three)

So far I'm leaning with #1, but number 3 also looks tempting. What do you guys think? 

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 rragnaar

Just received a $40 Gift Card to GameStop from my parents (as a birthday present) and have been debating for a bit on what to get. So far I've narrowed it down to a few things I want:

4) Animal Crossing? (might be interested in this...but it's not in my top three)

So far I'm leaning with #1, but number 3 also looks tempting. What do you guys think? 

Light_SHock

WarioLand got old for me fairly quick.  If you have a lot of friends coming over to play games, then it isn't bad, but it doesn't have much lasting appeal.  I know that IGN really thought that the new Prince of Persia is great, but there aren't any other reviews, so I don't know. 

Light_SHock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Light_SHock

[QUOTE="Light_SHock"]

rragnaar

WarioLand got old for me fairly quick.  If you have a lot of friends coming over to play games, then it isn't bad, but it doesn't have much lasting appeal.  I know that IGN really thought that the new Prince of Persia is great, but there aren't any other reviews, so I don't know. 

Oh, really? People have been raving about how the achievements add a lot of replay value..but I dunno. I'm really skeptical that the main story is 5 hours long though :\ And yea, I guess we'll see about Prince of Persia :0 What do you think of the Classic Controller + Wii Points Card though? I've never played SMW, so I thought this would be a good chance to go back to it.
nodicesteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 nodicesteven
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
Left 4 Dead or Mirrors Edge?
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 HiResDes

Left 4 Dead or Mirrors Edge?nodicesteven

You are going to get more hours out of Left 4 Dead and both games are equally as fun, though maybe I'd give the edge to Left 4 Dead in that department as well...Mirror's Edge makes the perfect rental, a game that you can immediately pick up and have fun with yet is beatable within a few sittings.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Light_SHock"]

Light_SHock

Oh, really? People have been raving about how the achievements add a lot of replay value..but I dunno. I'm really skeptical that the main story is 5 hours long though :\ And yea, I guess we'll see about Prince of Persia :0 What do you think of the Classic Controller + Wii Points Card though? I've never played SMW, so I thought this would be a good chance to go back to it.

If you've never played Super Mario World, I'd say this is your only choice. SMW is one of the best games ever made.
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts

Hi!

Someone can hel-me?

Psyny
Devil Kings

Light_SHock
Prince of Persia
Left 4 Dead or Mirrors Edge?nodicesteven
Mirrors Edge
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
Which Burnout should I buy, Revenge or Paradise?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 rragnaar

Which Burnout should I buy, Revenge or Paradise?georgestone

Paradise for sure, Criterion have released a ton of free content and expansions for the game that really add to the game. The only reason to avoid Paradise is if you don't like sandbox racing games... if that is the case, you will like Revenge a lot more.

Bob_Jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#181 Bob_Jenkins
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

I really like the game Fable, but I have a PS2.

Does anyone know of a game like Fable or Fable 2 for PS2?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

rossdeboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#182 rossdeboss
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I have an Xbox 360 and a low spec computer. However I don't have xbox live, so take that into count. Any suggestions on good games I can get for xmas? P.S. I'm already getting Fable 2 (Xbox 360) and Left 4 dead (PC) Cheers
coopteamplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 coopteamplayer
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

Looking for the best coop player war, fnatasy and racing games for the Xbox 360 system. We just got Xbox 360 after playing gamecube for years our favorite game was Desert Storm 2 Back to Bagdad. I have Halo on the xmas list and was looking for others.

Avatar image for TimelessMiracle
TimelessMiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 TimelessMiracle

Posted this in the wrong area so I'll ask it here (seeing as how this is the reccomendation thread):

I'm looking for games that have "epic" storylines that really bring you into the game. Plot twists, romance, unexpected endings, etc. all the things that make a game an enjoyable experience i.e. Metal Gear Solid. I didn't know where else to look, and all the game I have been playing lately jut haven't been giving me that certain feeling when playing the game. If anyone has any advice, it is appreciated. Thanks.

hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
Which Burnout should I buy, Revenge or Paradise?georgestone
Both. That's what I'd do if I didn't have them already. If you have the ability to play online then Paradise is the best choice. Otherwise go for Revenge.
I have an Xbox 360 and a low spec computer. However I don't have xbox live, so take that into count. Any suggestions on good games I can get for xmas? P.S. I'm already getting Fable 2 (Xbox 360) and Left 4 dead (PC) Cheers rossdeboss
Ideas.... Gears of War 2 and Prince of Persia.

Looking for the best coop player war, fnatasy and racing games for the Xbox 360 system. We just got Xbox 360 after playing gamecube for years our favorite game was Desert Storm 2 Back to Bagdad. I have Halo on the xmas list and was looking for others.

coopteamplayer
Either Gears of War games can't be played co-op online or off. Burnout Paradise is great with co-op online challenges.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 HiResDes

Posted this in the wrong area so I'll ask it here (seeing as how this is the reccomendation thread):

I'm looking for games that have "epic" storylines that really bring you into the game. Plot twists, romance, unexpected endings, etc. all the things that make a game an enjoyable experience i.e. Metal Gear Solid. I didn't know where else to look, and all the game I have been playing lately jut haven't been giving me that certain feeling when playing the game. If anyone has any advice, it is appreciated. Thanks.

TimelessMiracle

I would suggest Lost Odyssey if you're just looking for "epic" storyline, but then I realized that you probably don't have a 360...My second advice would be to check out Uncharted, I think it will be right up your ally, though it lacks to stealth elements of MGS.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 HiResDes

coopteamplayer

Try Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, it features co-op though I don't know if you can play through the entire game in it...It seems like it really would be up your ally, however, it is such an excellent title.Left 4 Dead is the best co-op game available on the 360, though it is alot different from Desert Storm 2, and requires online to really engage the meat of its offerings.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 HiResDes

I have an Xbox 360 and a low spec computer. However I don't have xbox live, so take that into count. Any suggestions on good games I can get for xmas? P.S. I'm already getting Fable 2 (Xbox 360) and Left 4 dead (PC) Cheers rossdeboss

Fallout 3, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Far Cry 2, or maybe Midnight Club: LA if you like arcade racers.

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 streak000
Member since 2007 • 6802 Posts
Mirror's Edge or Prince of Persia? One sounds too hard, the other too easy. One is short, the other repetitive. But they both look great. Which do you think is better? I can only afford one, and I just can't make up my mind...
Avatar image for TimelessMiracle
TimelessMiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 TimelessMiracle
[QUOTE="TimelessMiracle"]

HiResDes

I would suggest Lost Odyssey if you're just looking for "epic" storyline, but then I realized that you probably don't have a 360...My second advice would be to check out Uncharted, I think it will be right up your ally, though it lacks to stealth elements of MGS.

Thanks for the response, I'll check it out. Also, the games don't have to be like MGS, I was just giving an example. Thanks again.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 HiResDes
Mirror's Edge or Prince of Persia? One sounds too hard, the other too easy. One is short, the other repetitive. But they both look great. Which do you think is better? I can only afford one, and I just can't make up my mind...streak000
Neither of them are very hard actually, but I'd give the edge to Mirror's Edge as redundant as that sounds because there is less hand holding and it honestly because I think it is more fun...Though Prince of Persia would be a good pick also, its just not my cup of tea.
KalahLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KalahLover
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
So I'm trying to think of a game to buy my dad for Christmas. The systems we have are the Wii and Xbox360. He's really into games with split-screen so he can play with me. Are there any new games out there that have split screen online play (like Halo 3 did)? We both have our own gamertags and he thoroughly enjoys FPS. I'm open to any suggestions.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 HiResDes

So I'm trying to think of a game to buy my dad for Christmas. The systems we have are the Wii and Xbox360. He's really into games with split-screen so he can play with me. Are there any new games out there that have split screen online play (like Halo 3 did)? We both have our own gamertags and he thoroughly enjoys FPS. I'm open to any suggestions.KalahLover

Get Left4Dead, or Gears of War 2

streak000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 streak000
Member since 2007 • 6802 Posts

[QUOTE="streak000"]Mirror's Edge or Prince of Persia? One sounds too hard, the other too easy. One is short, the other repetitive. But they both look great. Which do you think is better? I can only afford one, and I just can't make up my mind...HiResDes
Neither of them are very hard actually, but I'd give the edge to Mirror's Edge as redundant as that sounds because there is less hand holding and it honestly because I think it is more fun...Though Prince of Persia would be a good pick also, its just not my cup of tea.

Thanks. I followed your advice and bought Mirror's Edge. I think Prince of Persia looks beautiful, but the apparent hand-holding makes me a bit hesitant. I like a bit of challenge in my platformers. Nonetheless, it looks very much like my cup of tea, so I may have to buy yet another game this year. It just never ends :(.

marioboy333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#195 marioboy333
Member since 2008 • 649 Posts

should i get mario strikers charged.Is it a good game or disappionting?

atytse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 atytse
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good RPG game to play with. Here are some choices in my mind (I don't want fallout 3 since it looks too scary...) 1. Eternal Sonata 2. Valkyrie Chronicles 3. Tales of Vesperia 4. Fable 2 Which one do you guys recommend and why?
galacticat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#197 galacticat
Member since 2003 • 248 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good RPG game to play with. Here are some choices in my mind (I don't want fallout 3 since it looks too scary...) 1. Eternal Sonata 2. Valkyrie Chronicles 3. Tales of Vesperia 4. Fable 2 Which one do you guys recommend and why?atytse
Do you have a PS3 *and* an Xbox 360? Of those, my favorite for the 360 was Tales of Vesperia, and Valkyria is a must-have for the PS3 if that type of game is even remotely appealing to you. The other two are fine games as well., play as many of them as you can.
atytse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 atytse
yea I have both consoles. Valkyria is a must have...wow then I must look for it then Is tales of vesperia the best out of the other 3 xbox 360 rpg?
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 HiResDes

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good RPG game to play with. Here are some choices in my mind (I don't want fallout 3 since it looks too scary...) 1. Eternal Sonata 2. Valkyrie Chronicles 3. Tales of Vesperia 4. Fable 2 Which one do you guys recommend and why?atytse

I disagree Fable 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles are must haves, while the other two are skippable, though they are good games...Just not excellent games. I wouldn't trust any guy that advises you to skip Fable 2, just doesn't seem right.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 HiResDes

should i get mario strikers charged.Is it a good game or disappionting?

marioboy333

I don't know how their would be any dissappointment whatsoever, we're talking about Mario Strikers here, you should pretty much know what to expect...Its like most games that bear the Mario name in that it doesn't change all too signficantly from its predecessors. If you are going to being playing a lot of multiplayer, Mario Strikers is a more than decent game, it offers pure fun albeit shallow fun.