GGD Game Recommendations Thread - Post 'What Game Should I Get??' Questions Here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Don't know which game to get? Seek advice as to which one's better? Ask away here!

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Should I get The Longest Journey?
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Your avatar is fitting. You'll need a coroner when I get a hold of you. :evil:

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
shud i get horsez or imagine babiez?  plz halp!
jonah-ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jonah-ocean
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have a game cube and an xbox... which games are the best of the best for those two consoles????
ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ryanstoy91
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

I have a game cube and an xbox... which games are the best of the best for those two consoles????jonah-ocean

For the Gamecube:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Metroid Prime

Eternal Darkness

Resident Evil 4

Super Mario Sunshine(This one has varied opinions)

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Pikman

Ikaruga

For the Xbox:

Halo(duh)

Ninja Gaiden Black

Prince of Persia

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Far Cry Instincts

Forza Motorsports

Max Payne

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Grand Theft Auto

Crimson Skies

I didn't include alot of third parties and I probably forgot some titles, but this list is pretty much AAA or AA titles.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

shud i get horsez or imagine babiez? plz halp!rragnaar

I'd recommend Pony Friends on the DS, since Poniez is like lil' horse babiez. Plus, you can choose from 7 different breeds, and create and customize your very own pony. You can also update your secret diary.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HiResDes

Your avatar is fitting. You'll need a coroner when I get a hold of you. :evil:

UpInFlames

Dude I had a couple of coroners the other night, they are pretty good with a lil' lime, oh wait hold on....

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]shud i get horsez or imagine babiez? plz halp!HiResDes

I'd recommend Pony Friends on the DS, since Poniez is like lil' horse babiez. Plus, you can choose from 7 different breeds, and create and customize your very own pony. You can also update your secret diary.

Secret diariez!!!  *faintz*
Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
im back! and i know wut game i want, its called halo, but i dont know when im going to buy a 360. thats my only problem :)
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

shud i get horsez or imagine babiez? plz halp!rragnaar

The Imagine line of games are all excellent.

Just keep telling yourself that as you go through the painful act of actually playing the game.

djgarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djgarion
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
get whatever jeff gertsmann says to get. & that's def not k&l.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]shud i get horsez or imagine babiez? plz halp!LordAndrew

Just keep telling yourself that as you go through the painful act of actually playing the game.

He was kidding lol!

Is soul nomad any good? What's the story like?

johnnyboy232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnnyboy232
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
The rumor is that he got fired because he gave a less than acceptable review for the game, according to the makers of K&L. So, their ads were pulled from gamespot and possibly urged gamespot to fire Jeff.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordAndrew
[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]shud i get horsez or imagine babiez? plz halp!gamingqueen

He was kidding lol!

Is soul nomad any good? What's the story like?

I know he was kidding. So was I.

Avatar image for ChickenHounk911
ChickenHounk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChickenHounk911
Member since 2005 • 685 Posts
Ok, here is the age-old question... I have Rock Band, should I STILL buy me Guitar Hero III? I have it on the 360 BTW. Thanks!
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HiResDes

The rumor is that he got fired because he gave a less than acceptable review for the game, according to the makers of K&L. So, their ads were pulled from gamespot and possibly urged gamespot to fire Jeff.johnnyboy232

Please dont' start that here too, I'm not happy either, but this is not the place for it.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HiResDes

Ok, here is the age-old question... I have Rock Band, should I STILL buy me Guitar Hero III? I have it on the 360 BTW. Thanks!ChickenHounk911

No why on earth would you need to do that, the game's both share a handful of the same songs, and if you need more then there is already plenty of DLC out for Rock Band. If you bought the guitarfor Rock Band, you cannot use that guitar with Guitar Hero, so take that in mind also.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
i might be only one who thinks this but king kong. is agood game.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HiResDes

There is way too much telling going on, and not enough asking...Post "What Game Should I Get", less random statements.

SBF9304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 SBF9304
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts

I need help with answering some questions on what game should I get (the first two listed, would really help knowing within the next 24 hours)

By the way, all of these are DS games.

1) Golden Compass - Would this game be good if someone likes Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory? What's it mainly about?

2) Arctic Tale - Would this game be good if someone likes Lost in Blue 1 & 2? What's the goal of the game?

Judging by #1 and #2, which one is better?

3) What is "The Settlers" about? Is there a lot of collecting food, hunting, mining for gold, and getting wood? Do you get to use cool powers like in Age of Mythology (for PC) and create your own maps? Would it be recommended for someone who likes Age of Empires II (PC), Age of Mythology (PC), and Runescape (PC)?

4) I've heard that Age of Empires for DS isn't that great as it is on the PC. For instance, you can't collect wood/stone. Is there also limited things in food on the DS (like, deer, boars, cherry bushes, farms, fishing) and craeting scenarios (like snowy/leaving areas)?

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

This isn't really a question of what game should I get but rather what zapper should I get if any for the Wii? Link's Crossbow training for Nintendo's zapper looks amusing, but the zapper itself isn't getting really high marks, but then again none are really blowing the critics away.

If anyone has messed around with any let me know. I'm curious if this is even something I should bother with.

ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ryanstoy91

I need help with answering some questions on what game should I get (the first two listed, would really help knowing within the next 24 hours)

By the way, all of these are DS games.

1) Golden Compass - Would this game be good if someone likes Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory? What's it mainly about?

2) Arctic Tale - Would this game be good if someone likes Lost in Blue 1 & 2? What's the goal of the game?

Judging by #1 and #2, which one is better?

3) What is "The Settlers" about? Is there a lot of collecting food, hunting, mining for gold, and getting wood? Do you get to use cool powers like in Age of Mythology (for PC) and create your own maps? Would it be recommended for someone who likes Age of Empires II (PC), Age of Mythology (PC), and Runescape (PC)?

4) I've heard that Age of Empires for DS isn't that great as it is on the PC. For instance, you can't collect wood/stone. Is there also limited things in food on the DS (like, deer, boars, cherry bushes, farms, fishing) and craeting scenarios (like snowy/leaving areas)?

SBF9304

1)I really can't say for sure, based on the shallow amount of information on this game, but referencing to the history of movie-based video games, I wouldn't keep my hopes up. You're probably just going to play out most of the major scenes from the movie.

2)I would not recommend Arctic Tale as most of the reviews I've been seeing say it's not a very good game. According to reviews from IGN and Game Almighty, the goal of the game is to basically just survive as a polar bear in an environment, which to them, is not very fun.

Based on these two games, I would not make a full commitment to one. If you had to choose between the two though, I would say The Golden Compass.

3)I know for a fact that The Settlers involves alot of collecting resources. I do not think that there are any powers involved like in Age of Mythology, and I am not sure about creating your own maps. However, I would advise not to get the DS version of the game, as there have been reports on the game being glitchy and buggy. I would rather get the orignial game, The Settlers II.

4)The game is obviously more wide open than the DS version, and it is less cramped. However, the DS version does its job reasonably well, but if I were you, I'd rather get the PC version if you had the chance. If not, the DS version is just fine.

SBF9304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 SBF9304
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts

Thanks very much.

My grandmother wanted to know what I want for X-mas. There were supposed to be 3 other games that I was dying to get, but all of them said they'd be out 4Q 2007. Now, only 2 of them are only out in another country (and the total overall cost would result in like +$40 each after figruring in currency exchang and shipping), and the other still hasn't been released yet.

Thanks again. :-)

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
ok i have this dilemma... what should i get for christmas? a Wii with Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 (dont suggest other games, those are the ones i want if i get a Wii) or.. Eternal Sonata, assassin's creed and a third game for the 360?
ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ryanstoy91

^^^^

Well, according to your gamer card, you have plenty of great titles already on your 360. So I would get the Wii with Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3.

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
thanks for your opinion:)
a200836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 a200836

-www.200836.com---The reasons to buy Peking 2008 Olympic Games-souvenir/Memorial product

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts

An oppurtunity has presented it self to buy a new 360 game and I am unsure what would make a good purchase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Details:

My Collection: Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, LOTR BFME 2, Crackdown, Saints Row, Shadowrun, Splinter Cell Double Agent, BioShock, The Darkness, Fantistic Four Rise of Silver Surfer (sucks but it came free with Halo 3), Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Lego Star Wars 2, Call of Duty 2

Favourite Genres: Anything but sports and racing

ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ryanstoy91

An oppurtunity has presented it self to buy a new 360 game and I am unsure what would make a good purchase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Details:

My Collection: Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, LOTR BFME 2, Crackdown, Saints Row, Shadowrun, Splinter Cell Double Agent, BioShock, The Darkness, Fantistic Four Rise of Silver Surfer (sucks but it came free with Halo 3), Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Lego Star Wars 2, Call of Duty 2

Favourite Genres: Anything but sports and racing

CooVee

Have you considered The Orange Box? Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare would be a good choice too.:)

wibadgers46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wibadgers46

I have an XBOX 360 and so far my library is: Halo 3, Madden 08, Fifa 08, The Orange Box, NHL 08, Gears of War, and Crackdown. I kinda want to get another shooter, but i'm open to suggestions on genres.

A few to NOT reccomend - CALL OF DUTY 4 (I play it at my friends house all the time), BIOSHOCK (I'll only get a game if it has online multiplayer), THE ELDER SCROLLS (I've tried roleplaying and it just isn't me), ROCK BAND (too damn expensive)

Thougts?

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HiResDes

I have an XBOX 360 and so far my library is: Halo 3, Madden 08, Fifa 08, The Orange Box, NHL 08, Gears of War, and Crackdown. I kinda want to get another shooter, but i'm open to suggestions on genres.

A few to NOT reccomend - CALL OF DUTY 4 (I play it at my friends house all the time), BIOSHOCK (I'll only get a game if it has online multiplayer), THE ELDER SCROLLS (I've tried roleplaying and it just isn't me), ROCK BAND (too damn expensive)

Thougts?

wibadgers46

Timeshift is the best shooter than no one is playing, although it is a little unoriginal, but there are very few FPS which are original...And of course there is UT3, which is also a very solid shooter.

KV3CTOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KV3CTOR
I gots a question. Should I go out and get Assassin's Creed or save up my money for another amazing game to come out such as Grand Theft Auto IV?
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HiResDes

I gots a question. Should I go out and get Assassin's Creed or save up my money for another amazing game to come out such as Grand Theft Auto IV?KV3CTOR

Assassin's Creed is a rental first type of game, I've been saying this since the game's initial release, and it still remains a love it or hate it type of game...There are already a ton of other amazing games out that don't carry the same risks as AC does, if I have to name them for you, then you've been under a rock for past two months.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

I've been thinking about collecting some Gamecube games this Christmas. On my list to get so far is:

• Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos
  • Ikaruga
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Pikmin
  • Metroid Prime

And I already own:

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • F-Zero GX
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Battalion Wars
  • Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Soul Calibur II

So, any other games that I should get?

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HiResDes

I've been thinking about collecting some Gamecube games this Christmas. On my list to get so far is:

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos
  • Ikaruga
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Pikmin
  • Metroid Prime

And I already own:

• F-Zero GX
  • Battalion Wars
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Soul Calibur II

Technoweirdo

Killer 7, Beyond Good and Evil, Animal Crossing, Super Monkey Ball 2, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 are some just off the top of my head

jasonbourne10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jasonbourne10
I'm getting a PS3 for christmas but i don't know what games to get for it. My parents don't let me play M games even though I'm turning 15! but I'm getting over that. So i need a good T rated game that isnot sports or puzzle please
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rragnaar
I'm getting a PS3 for christmas but i don't know what games to get for it. My parents don't let me play M games even though I'm turning 15! but I'm getting over that. So i need a good T rated game that isnot sports or puzzle pleasejasonbourne10

Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted are your best bets here.  Both games are a lot of fun, and they aren't rated M.  I would have suggested Oblivion, but for reasons that I can't comprehend, it is an M rated game.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Enchanted Arms for 18 bucks should I take it or leave it?
jasonbourne10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonbourne10

Enchanted Arms for 18 bucks should I take it or leave it?gamingqueen

i don't know anything about enchanted arms but i think that it would matter what system you want it for, so put that up

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HiResDes

It is extremely repetitive, but for some reason I couldn't put the game down...Most of the story sucks for the most part, but there are quite a few extremely funny moments to make up for it, as the dialogue is pretty good...And the character attainment system (golem are like pokemon in this sense) and leveling up system are quite addicting. You can collect these gollem and have them fight alongside side you while at the same leveling up and acquiring items for both you and your golem. The fighitng system IMO is quite fun, you fight on this like 6 x 4 grid, and as like other rpgs certain attacks hit certain squares, and of course you do moves like barrier, power up, heal, combo power up, etc. to aid you in battle...So it is kind of strategic and nearly puzzle like, although battles can be quite lengthy. Another bad thing about this game is the random encounters, as they are plenty, but there is an option that will let the A.I battle for you although if you're fighting higher levels I would not recommend using it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordAndrew

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos
  • Ikaruga
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Pikmin
  • Metroid Prime

And I already own:

• F-Zero GX
  • Battalion Wars
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Soul Calibur II

Technoweirdo

Damn. That's a really good list already. I can't think of anything else to add.

At $18 I'd go for it.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

I'm wanting a new, cheap 360 game, and these are my choices:

Perfect Dark Zero

Quake 4

Kameo

Dead Rising

Enchanted Arms

Which one should I get and why?

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HiResDes

I'm wanting a new, cheap 360 game, and these are my choices:

Perfect Dark Zero

Quake 4

Kameo

Dead Rising

Enchanted Arms

Which one should I get and why?

jalexbrown

Dead Rising, but I would get a couple of those

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rragnaar
I don't know... Dead Rising's save system kept me from beating the game.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

I will tell you this much... The female characters are extremely annoying and whiny and the male characters have no personality with the exception of the main character who is a little wuss. The story and characters completely turned me off to the game and I stopped shy of completing it with 99% completion due to the fact that, frankly, I just stopped caring.