GGD Game Recommendations Thread - Post 'What Game Should I Get??' Questions Here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#851 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Hello,

I was recently contemplating buying No More Heroes for the Wii, however I'm not sure whether the gameplay is all too great; I am afraid it may be a case of a lot of style with not much actual substance.

Could you allay my fears about the game?

MetalGear_Ninty

No More Heroes is incredibly fun, but it is mostly a style over substance game, as are all of Suda's games...No More Heroes gameplay consists of doing hilariously funny, but menial mini games where you can earn money, and its core combat is mostly twitch based. In a way it reminded of God Hand, though not anywhere as deep, and with combos not anywhere near as extensive. Its fun, but don't expect a DMC or Ninja Gaiden level of action, though its equally as bloody.With that being said No More Heroes is much more charming those games IMO, having an even greater sense of humor than those series, and is done in a way that escapes any pretentiousness whatsoever.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#852 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Hello,

I was recently contemplating buying No More Heroes for the Wii, however I'm not sure whether the gameplay is all too great; I am afraid it may be a case of a lot of style with not much actual substance.

Could you allay my fears about the game?MetalGear_Ninty

No more heroes is a love hate game. I hated it, a lot of other people loved it. The best advice I can give you is to rent it first to see if it's your kind of game

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#853 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"] Hello,

Could you allay my fears about the game?BuryMe

No more heroes is a love hate game. I hated it, a lot of other people lovd it. THe best advice I can give you is to rent it first to see if it's your kind of game

I agree. NMH didn't do it for me. I thought it had a cool vibe and an interesting story, but the game itself just wasn't fun for me.

HoboCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#854 HoboCo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You should play halo on your xbox and i dont know about the game cube:D
HoboCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#855 HoboCo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You guys should check out combat arms on nexon its the best online fps ive ever played that is free!!:roll:
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#856 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll go for a rental.
Finaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#857 Finaru
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

Hello,

Could you allay my fears about the game?

MetalGear_Ninty

It isn't a waggle fest, I can tell you that right now. You actualliy need to move the Wii remote for skill, not just shake it to do stuff.

The gameplay is amaizng and the story completely blew me away.

Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#858 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts
Can anyone recommand any good sniping games for PC? I played Sniper Elite and liked it a lot, and now I'm desperately looking for similar games.
the_gegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#859 the_gegmeister
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i recomend that you all get your heads from out of your rectums and take a look at all the upcoming games for the 360, bionic commando looks sick watch some vids on gametrailers.com its like spider man but with guns!!! check out gears 2, any normal person would get gears 2 and cod 5, they both look sick and there out in bout 2 months, check out fallout 3 its got over 100 hours campaign gameplay for gods sake it luks well gd. And of course for all the faint hearted that dnt like shooters theres always beijing, that is a very gd game.

thanks people peace out!!!

smalls5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#860 smalls5
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
im gonna get mercs 2 in 3 and a half hours
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#861 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

Can anyone recommand any good sniping games for PC? I played Sniper Elite and liked it a lot, and now I'm desperately looking for similar games.Meat_Bag

COD4 :lol:

infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts

final fantasy x vs dragon quest viii? which one is better for a beginner to an rpg? i need an answer quick

thanks everyone

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts

final fantasy x vs dragon quest viii? which one is better for a beginner to an rpg? i need an answer quick

thanks everyone

infamous_27
I have never played Dragon Quest VIII, but FFX is VERY rpg-beginner friendly.
Meat_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#864 Meat_Bag
Member since 2008 • 1061 Posts
Heh, I guess that could be qualified as a sniping game, especially if your aim is rock steady like in other COD games... Other snipers have to use scopes to score a hit, while our heroes from COD series do it while standing on the tip of their toes in the middle of a firefight, no scopes or laser sights, hehehe...