**Xbox 360 FAQ & Game Recommendation Thread v3.2**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts
Is Assassins Creed for Condemned: Criminal Origins a good deal?
Rmoss81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Rmoss81
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

I need some advice on what games to get and not to get for x mas. Heres a list of some games that im interested in buying. Please answer my questions and leave comments about the game.

Gears 2: Ive never had a gear of war game and i thought id give it a try. Ive also never really like 3rd person shooters. Your thoughts on the game?

Nba 2k9: ive always had nba live games and i think this is the year to switch, your thoughts?!?

Fallout 3: Ive heard that this is like a modern day oblivion. Is is a good game, Is it anything like cod 4 or runescape? What do you do?

Midnight club la: I really liked need for speed most wanted and carbon... would i like this game?

Farcry 2: I heard this game is like cod 4, is really that good?

Fable 2: ive never had a fable game and it looks pretty good... What are some things that you do in the game and is it good?

Rock band 2 or guitar hero would tour: ive never had any game of these series but i have played them over freinds houses. Which one is the better game for only one person playing the game?

Pure: I really liked the game mx vs. atv unleashed so i was wondering if i would like this game? Whats it like?

Those are all the games that i have tooken into consideration. Please leave your comments about the games and answer my questions. Thanks!

Please if u r going to comment my post... please put rmoss81 at the beginning of it so i can recognize the responses. thanks

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I've been wondering to those who have played Civilization revolution how is it? I've read reviews and played the demo. It looks great but did it keep your attention for long? I'm trying to buy games that'll last a while because i'm pretty broke.
DTStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DTStone
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

This is more a question of XBL and old XBox games, as I plan on getting a few old XBox games that a friend insists are incredibly fun.

If one were to buy these games from XBL, they sit on your HD. If you delete them, will your XBL account 'remember' that you bought them, so when you want to play them again, you can re-download them? Or is it one pay, one download? How's this work, exactly? I'm wondering whether it'd be better to buy them on a DVD or not. I lean towards not though, so the DVD drive doesn't spin.

Hopefully this fits this thread, it's a back-handed 'what should I buy' question. :)

-D

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 craigalan23

This is more a question of XBL and old XBox games, as I plan on getting a few old XBox games that a friend insists are incredibly fun.

If one were to buy these games from XBL, they sit on your HD. If you delete them, will your XBL account 'remember' that you bought them, so when you want to play them again, you can re-download them? Or is it one pay, one download? How's this work, exactly? I'm wondering whether it'd be better to buy them on a DVD or not. I lean towards not though, so the DVD drive doesn't spin.

Hopefully this fits this thread, it's a back-handed 'what should I buy' question. :)

-D

DTStone

Once you buy it you can re-download it as many times as you want. If you stop using that gamertag and create another one you can't though. It's tied in with your gamertag not your console.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

I posted this as a standalone thread, but I'm reposting it here just in case it gets locked/I can get more answers in this thread.

So my 360 got RRoD'd a second time on Thursday, but I managed to get it working again. However, because I don't want to experience these problems again (and I'm very prone to them since my 360 is a pre-July 2007 model), I am thinking of getting a new or used 360 when/if I go the U.S. in December. I could also sell my 360 towards the purchase of a new one. I've got about $300, and that budget could increase or decrease in the future, but regardless, I'll need some money left over to buy Christmas gifts for the folks. So based on what I've seen on sites like GameStop and co., here are my options:

--I could get an Xbox 360 arcade system from GameStop and keep my hard drive. I wouldn't have to trade in my old Xbox, but I most likely would, and that would net me about $80 store credit, which would be pretty ideal.

--Since I am also looking into getting a larger hard drive, I could also go for the Pro/Premium/whatever it's called, but that's only if my budget allows it. If I traded in my old 360 towards that purchase it just may work.

--If I get really lucky, I may be able to find a used Elite or something, which I doubt my budget would allow, but it's a possibility.

--I've been considering buying/selling through eBay or Amazon, but doing so (especially used systems) can be tedious. I will look into those options more, though.

So, any suggestions? Any help or guidance as to what I should do would be much appreciated. My circumstances: 20GB old model 360, approx. $300 budget, will only be in the U.S. in December), et cetera.

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts
A good thread overall. One thing though. When your talking about memberships you have it saying that you can't play games with the Silver membership. It might be better if you put "Can't play games online".
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

Is Assassins Creed for Condemned: Criminal Origins a good deal? lahdeedah

so are you like trading the former for the latter?

rmoss81:

you seem to like a lot of games and a lot of genre's... how many games can you get? out of that list I'd suggest none of them actually, please give us some more preferences on your side.

I've been wondering to those who have played Civilization revolution how is it? I've read reviews and played the demo. It looks great but did it keep your attention for long? I'm trying to buy games that'll last a while because i'm pretty broke.craigalan23

well it's a Civ game, addictive and lengthy. Matches take only a few hours instead of the PC games where it could stretch for a long time, so it should last you a while.

atm0073:

I'd say keep your HD and get a arcade/core model.

lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

@Grafkhun

Well, I'm going to gamestop or playntrade or basically anywhere where I can trade a game. Do you think I would get Criminal Origins for Assassin's Creed?

Avatar image for H3ARTofDARKN3SS
H3ARTofDARKN3SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 H3ARTofDARKN3SS
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
Hey storm if you are looking for a good RPG I really really liked Mass Effect and Lost Oddesy. I have never tried infinite undiscovery, and regardless what everyone is saying about Fable 2, you should at least pick it up and try it, it is worth at least that much. The best RPG that I have played on the 360 was Oblivion but you probably allready knew that.
Avatar image for H3ARTofDARKN3SS
H3ARTofDARKN3SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 H3ARTofDARKN3SS
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

@Grafkhun

Well, I'm going to gamestop or playntrade or basically anywhere where I can trade a game. Do you think I would get Criminal Origins for Assassin's Creed?

Definitly get Assassins Creed, I bought it when it first came out and I still play it, plus if you have a girlfriend who plays games with you she will love it (well mine does) all she does is just kill ppl no missions or anything but as long as they have fun right :) (plus its really cool to watch them play)

tbsdrumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tbsdrumer
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
which game should i buy: Fable 2, Fallout 3, or GOW2?
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

which game should i buy: Fable 2, Fallout 3, or GOW2?tbsdrumer

It's really your call. All three are GREAT games so you can't go wrong either way

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 grafkhun

@Grafkhun

lahdeedah

I think so, AC in store credit should be more than enough for a copy of Condemned.

Rmoss81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Rmoss81
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

To grafkhun:

I am aloud to get 3-4 games, and yes i really like alot of different games genres. If you know anything about these games and why i shouldnt get them please inform me. Pure, gow2, fable2, farcry2. Those are the games i am debating b/c i am for sure getting nba 2k9 and midnight club LA. So please tell me which of those 4 games i should or shouldnt get. And if u dont like any of the choices, what games to recommend. TO give u an idea of what i like, i really like halo 3, cod 4, runescape, battlefield bad company. I really want to now what fable and fallout r like. So please tell me what you know about those 4 games. Please try to answer all of my questions. Thanks, i really appreciate it.

From, Rmoss81

PS: Put rmoss81 at the beginning of ur post please.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 grafkhun

@ rmoss81:

Out of those 4 I'd still say none of them. My personal 4 favorite retail 360 games at the moment are:

- Bioshock

- Halo 3

- Dead Space

- Devil May Cry 4

I'm assuming you have XBL and if you do, Halo 3 is your best bet for an initial online game. it has a ton of varyied playlists, it's easy to learn and it's not as fast-paced and crazy as some other shooters. It has its moments of pure chaos but there isn't crazy stuff going down every second of every match. I'm sorry, I forgot if you already mentioned that you owned Halo 3 (you did say that you liked it afterall as well) so I'm just listing it here anyways.

Bioshock and Dead Space are both fantastic single-player games, as well as DMC4.

Fable is the epitome of Western RPG's; open world, freedom and more-action orientated real-time combat. I personally am not interested in it at all, but then again I'm not a huge western RPG fan. Fallout is similar to Fable, in the sense that it's a Western RPG. However Fallout 3, to me, has a wonderful story and premise... but I am not interested in it either because the combat looks like crap. I'd suggest you go watch some gameplay vids of both Fable and Fallout.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts
Ok i have fallout 3, gears of war 2 and farcry2. This week i am thinking about getting two games. I am trying to decided between dead space, Call of Duty Waw and Saints Row2? Which 2 would u guys recommend to get?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 craigalan23

I've been wondering to those who have played Civilization revolution how is it? I've read reviews and played the demo. It looks great but did it keep your attention for long? I'm trying to buy games that'll last a while because i'm pretty broke.craigalan23

well it's a Civ game, addictive and lengthy. Matches take only a few hours instead of the PC games where it could stretch for a long time, so it should last you a while.

Can you play against bots in multiplayer?

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 choffy

Ok i have fallout 3, gears of war 2 and farcry2. This week i am thinking about getting two games. I am trying to decided between dead space, Call of Duty Waw and Saints Row2? Which 2 would u guys recommend to get?SgtNumNum

I would get Dead Space and Saints Row 2

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#70 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Great job!

I would like to add PGR4 (Racing), Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Action/Adventure) and Kameo: Elements of Power (Action/Adventure) to that list though.

Thank you. :)
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SgtNumNum

[QUOTE="SgtNumNum"]Ok i have fallout 3, gears of war 2 and farcry2. This week i am thinking about getting two games. I am trying to decided between dead space, Call of Duty Waw and Saints Row2? Which 2 would u guys recommend to get?choffy

I would get Dead Space and Saints Row 2

Ok thanks i was really thinking about them 2 and not Call of duty. Since infinty ward isnt doing this one and its gone back to the ww2 crap which had be over done to many damn times.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 grafkhun
craigalan- I have no idea.
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

Ok well this is probably a freaquently asked question but what would you suggest Gears 2 or Fallout 3

I love RPGs especially bethesdas brilliant child Oblivion

But I also loved Gears 1

(sorry for my Grammer:P)

Thanks

moh-asery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 moh-asery
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hello

is enable play online level in xbox360 core

is enable installation hard drive in xbox360 core

I hope to have any information to answer me

good bay

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
hello

is enable play online level in xbox360 core

moh-asery

Yes, but you need a wireless adapter, which (If you live in America) costs something like 100$

is enable installation hard drive in xbox360 core

moh-asery

Umm...if you mean can I install games to the Hard Drive then yes, but you have to wait a few days until that feature is added (at which point you can Download it)

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
Yeahm hi I was wondering whether to pick up or rent dead space, I've never really played a horror game, aside from the ones that have horror as a genre and then aren't scary (Bioshock, Dark Sector, Gears etc) and I was thinking of getting Dead space. I could rent it, but it's quite expensive in the UK, so I need to know if it's a good rental
summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
hey guys I really want these games:
Fallout 3, Tales of Vesperia, Left4Dead, and Prince of Perisa

I only have enough money for one game to buy before christmas.

which one should I buy now (or wait to be released) and which one should I ask for christmas?
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 choffy

Yeahm hi I was wondering whether to pick up or rent dead space, I've never really played a horror game, aside from the ones that have horror as a genre and then aren't scary (Bioshock, Dark Sector, Gears etc) and I was thinking of getting Dead space. I could rent it, but it's quite expensive in the UK, so I need to know if it's a good rentalJJpenguin

It is a great rental. My friend told me it took a little under 7 hours to finish it

So if you get a week rental, 1 hour a day, which is perfect

hey guys I really want these games:
Fallout 3, Tales of Vesperia, Left4Dead, and Prince of Perisa

I only have enough money for one game to buy before christmas.

which one should I buy now (or wait to be released) and which one should I ask for christmas?
summer_star17x

If you want your game to last you a long time, I strongly reccomend Fallout 3 since the world is so large and there is so much to do in it.

Every one of those games is pretty good, but they're all differenct genres. It really comes down to which genre do you like more: RPG, FPS or Action/Adventure?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 craigalan23

Ok well this is probably a freaquently asked question but what would you suggest Gears 2 or Fallout 3

I love RPGs especially bethesdas brilliant child Oblivion

But I also loved Gears 1

(sorry for my Grammer:P)

Thanks

Gabez_R

Well i'd go with Fallout 3 because it's really long and i've just enjoyed it so much. Gears isn';t really my kinda game but i've heard a lot of good things about it. This is a choice where both games are really great and either would be a great purchase.

moh-asery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 moh-asery
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
is can xbox360 core play copy disc
Mrgumby_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mrgumby_
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Hey, I really need some help on finding a good 2 players/co-op game that will last... I've heard Fable 2 has a pretty good co-op but i really want a shooter.

So at the moment im leaning towards fable 2... any help ?

Also for anyone thinking of getting Dead Space... Its probably one of the best action game ive ever player, not that scary but it'll get your heart racing. Game time for me was 9 hours on medium/normal but i really hooked into it... the review said between 10- 15 but once u finish it u can load your last saved game and start all over again but with all the equipment u have from the 1st play through. You also get awesome rewards for finishing the game and XBL have some armor u can download... Fantastic game!

Thanks for reading!

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

Hey, I really need some help on finding a good 2 players/co-op game that will last... I've heard Fable 2 has a pretty good co-op but i really want a shooter.

So at the moment im leaning towards fable 2... any help ?

Also for anyone thinking of getting Dead Space... Its probably one of the best action game ive ever player, not that scary but it'll get your heart racing. Game time for me was 9 hours on medium/normal but i really hooked into it... the review said between 10- 15 but once u finish it u can load your last saved game and start all over again but with all the equipment u have from the 1st play through. You also get awesome rewards for finishing the game and XBL have some armor u can download... Fantastic game!

Thanks for reading!

Mrgumby_

Get Gears of War 2 if you want co-op shooting. Horde mode is supposed to be a lot of fun so I've heard. Fable 2's co-op is alright, but it was disappointing to some people.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 grafkhun

is can xbox360 core play copy discmoh-asery

ok first of all, either learn to type or tell us that english isn't your first language; because right now, I'm about to set my mind to "ignore moh-asery" as I cannot understand a blooming word you're saying. If english isn't your first language, just say it and I'll try to read and understand your posts as well as I can.

anyways, "copy disc"? I thinkg you're talking about pirated copies... if so... I'd suggest you get out of here.

Mrgumby_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Mrgumby_
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Thanks, ill grab Gears 2 as im not a big fan of RPG's

Is fable 2 any good ???

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

Is fable 2 any good ???

Mrgumby_

It's an ok RPG game, a little bit on the short side for the main story however. I would watch some gameplay videos to see if you would like it.

TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts

Im very new to the 360, and i heard about installing games to a 360?

how do you do that?

i just put mine in and play.....

what does installing it do?

thanks

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 grafkhun

Im very new to the 360, and i heard about installing games to a 360?

how do you do that?

i just put mine in and play.....

what does installing it do?

thanks

TheBeast789

I'd suggest you read the tickied threads here, especially the "Fall Dashboard" one. All the info you need is in the stickies.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#89 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
[QUOTE="Mrgumby_"]

Is fable 2 any good ???

FPS_Gamer123

It's an ok RPG game, a little bit on the short side for the main story however. I would watch some gameplay videos to see if you would like it.

It's a great game, very fun & interesting.  However, I agree with you on the length of the game.  Unless you would want to replay & make different choices Fable II in my opinion is that perfect game to pick up & dedicate a weekend to as a rental.  

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SgtNumNum
I was wondering is SaintsRow2 worth a buy or a rental?
yigisina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 yigisina
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts

I can only buy 1 game this weekend and I'm thinking of either buying Gears 2 or CoD WaW.

About me

I really enjoyed cod 4 it is my fav game on the 360 and is incredibly addictive, I'm still waiting for big review sites to find out if the new cod is as good as infinity wards masterpiece. I also enjoyed Gears 1 but found the start a bit slow. I favour realistic shooters and I felt it took too many shots to kill a locus with a lancer. I liked the boss fights, environment and hectic fire fights.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 grafkhun

I can only buy 1 game this weekend and I'm thinking of either buying Gears 2 or CoD WaW.

About me

I really enjoyed cod 4 it is my fav game on the 360 and is incredibly addictive, I'm still waiting for big review sites to find out if the new cod is as good as infinity wards masterpiece. I also enjoyed Gears 1 but found the start a bit slow. I favour realistic shooters and I felt it took too many shots to kill a locus with a lancer. I liked the boss fights, environment and hectic fire fights.

yigisina

since you like CoD more, go with WaW.

Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts

Considering Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is only $30 now, is it worth picking up?

I am surprised the graphics are said to be bad. I remember when the first screen shots came out, and everyone raved how good they were.

Also, what about Mass Effect? That is only $30 now too.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Considering Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is only $30 now, is it worth picking up?

I am surprised the graphics are said to be bad. I remember when the first screen shots came out, and everyone raved how good they were.

Dead_Prophecy

You cant go wrong with Mass Effect.  $30 is well worth it.

I'd get the new Call of Duty over Brothers in Arms.

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
i want to buy mass effect and rainbow six vegas 2. can u guys tell me how these games are?
Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
[QUOTE="Dead_Prophecy"]

DJSAV_101

You cant go wrong with Mass Effect.  $30 is well worth it.

I'd get the new Call of Duty over Brothers in Arms.

Well, I have plenty of money to spend. It's not like I need to be taking one game over another since of money constraints. And, I already had planned on getting Call of Duty. These were just two side games...that I was wondering about picking up.

cfreeleywow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cfreeleywow
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

Hello, im just about to buy a 360, and I'm wondering what games are the must have? I can only buy 3 games, and I'm wondering what are the best games. I like most games, except racing, and sport games. I already have the Orange Box, and GuitarHero.

Thanks!

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 grafkhun

Hello, im just about to buy a 360, and I'm wondering what games are the must have? I can only buy 3 games, and I'm wondering what are the best games. I like most games, except racing, and sport games. I already have the Orange Box, and GuitarHero.

Thanks!

cfreeleywow

Bioshock, Dead Space and Halo 3

i want to buy mass effect and rainbow six vegas 2. can u guys tell me how these games are?fighter91

both are pretty good, get both.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

Halo 3 or The Orange Box?

I want the Orange Box more, but does any game in it have 4-player splitscreen? If not I may just get Halo 3 instead.

Also, how much is each game nowadays?

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 grafkhun

Halo 3 or The Orange Box?

I want the Orange Box more, but does any game in it have 4-player splitscreen? If not I may just get Halo 3 instead.

Also, how much is each game nowadays?

ta11on

I don't think any game in ToB has 4 player splitscreen... I'd really suggest you get both, seeing as you're itching for both of them for various reasons. ToB is 30 dollars at best buy and most likely that price at most retailers, Halo 3 is probably still expensive, but I'd recommend it as well.