**Xbox 360 FAQ & Game Recommendation Thread v3.2**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2851 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Out of the newest releases which is worth the price of admission? AC2, Modern Warfare 2, or Left 4 Dead 2? I dont have a ton of money but would like to pick up one of these. It's just a tough choice lol.

piercetruth34
Personally I think they're all worth the money. Obviously L4D2 and MW2 will last you the longest if you play online. In the end none of them are a bad choice.
thedootmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2852 thedootmaster
Member since 2008 • 748 Posts

i liked mw2 a lot with spc ops being really fun and the campaign being awesome and the usually spectacular multiplayer.....

i would get mw2

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2853 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Out of the newest releases which is worth the price of admission? AC2, Modern Warfare 2, or Left 4 Dead 2? I dont have a ton of money but would like to pick up one of these. It's just a tough choice lol.

piercetruth34

I would get MW2. Even after you beat the short story mission you can play Spec ops, which offers plenty of missions from Racing Snow mobiles to surviving waves of Troops while you camp in a resteraunt. Then of course theres the fantastic multiplayer, and if your like me it will keep you busy for years to come. Im not saying That AC2 and LFD2 are aweful! of course not. Both are really worth getting but if you looking for a game that you would play for years get Modern Warfare 2.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2854 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Whiche two of these should I get? Left 4 Dead 2, Assasin's Creed 2, Borderlands, Batman: Arkham Asylum, or Brutal Legend?

I have the new CoD already, and its great. If it helps my top 5 games on the 360 are

1. Fallout 3

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

3. Battlefield: Bad Company

4. Left 4 Dead

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

I love the FPS and free roaming (not RPG, Fallout 3 is the only RPG I have ever liked) genres. Thanks!

stupid4

Well Borderlands is FPS and Free roaming so i'd get that.

Jwood1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2855 Jwood1988
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

If I had to Recommend a Game i would recommend Dragon Ago of Origins have Recently Purchased and Like it alot Very in depth RPG Game. I am a huge RPG Fan and this Game Just Seems So Great So far. Even Gives You Different Story Outcomes BAsed on your responses.

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2857 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
Recomend me. I need an action game, rated T, thats not BF BC Mercs 2, Endwar or a CoD. Or medal of Honor.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2858 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Just got my HDTV on black friday with my cousins. We all got our tv's and I recently got home to set my room up, only to find out my 360 doesn't have an HDMI port. I have the 360 Pro while my cousin has the 360 Arcade, yet his had the HDMI port; why is that. I have an HDMI cable and would like to use it over the component cables, what can/should I do?

Electrik-boltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2859 Electrik-boltz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hi :) I need help deciding: i can get 5 games this christmass.. im getting for sure: - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Assassins Creed 2 - Left 4 Dead 2 - Dead Space and the fifth one i cant decide from these options: - Fallout 3 GOTY edition - Dragon Age - Mass Effect (or wait till mass effect 2) PD: if it helps i only own: Halo 3 ODST (i play a lot halo 3 online multiplayer) and bioshock and i LOVE both of them.. im a new xbox owner :D if you have any other good suggestions im open-minded thanks in advance!
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2860 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I'm really curious! I know it's not on here, but is Dragon Age: Origins any good? I know my mom got it for me for Christmas. is it good or m I wasting my time waiting to open it?
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2861 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

hi :) I need help deciding: i can get 5 games this christmass.. im getting for sure: - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Assassins Creed 2 - Left 4 Dead 2 - Dead Space and the fifth one i cant decide from these options: - Fallout 3 GOTY edition - Dragon Age - Mass Effect (or wait till mass effect 2) PD: if it helps i only own: Halo 3 ODST (i play a lot halo 3 online multiplayer) and bioshock and i LOVE both of them.. im a new xbox owner :D if you have any other good suggestions im open-minded thanks in advance!Electrik-boltz

Id probally replace dead space for mass effect and also get fallout 3. Both amazing games.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2862 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

I'm really curious! I know it's not on here, but is Dragon Age: Origins any good? I know my mom got it for me for Christmas. is it good or m I wasting my time waiting to open it?orb_03_2006

Yea, i have over 50 hours in it already.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2863 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I'm really curious! I know it's not on here, but is Dragon Age: Origins any good? I know my mom got it for me for Christmas. is it good or m I wasting my time waiting to open it?Cloud567kar

good. does it play like Sacred 2 or KOTOR?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2864 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="Electrik-boltz"]hi :) I need help deciding: i can get 5 games this christmass.. im getting for sure: - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Assassins Creed 2 - Left 4 Dead 2 - Dead Space and the fifth one i cant decide from these options: - Fallout 3 GOTY edition - Dragon Age - Mass Effect (or wait till mass effect 2) PD: if it helps i only own: Halo 3 ODST (i play a lot halo 3 online multiplayer) and bioshock and i LOVE both of them.. im a new xbox owner :D if you have any other good suggestions im open-minded thanks in advance!

I would replace Dead Space with Fallout 3 GOTY. Dead Space gets boring after about 2 playthroughs. rent it; it's kinda short. then, out of the 3 maybe's, try Dragon Age: Origins. I looked at some gameplay videos and it looks pretty solid and a lot of people recommend it.
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2865 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

Hey can you help me?

I'm looking for an Action RPG or an Action Adventure, already own Prince of Persia and Mass Effect, a game similar to any of these two would be nice.

Also preference is that the rating is T, but I don't mind M as long that there isn't too much blood and gore in the game.

Electrik-boltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2866 Electrik-boltz

[QUOTE="Electrik-boltz"]hi :) I need help deciding: i can get 5 games this christmass.. im getting for sure: - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Assassins Creed 2 - Left 4 Dead 2 - Dead Space and the fifth one i cant decide from these options: - Fallout 3 GOTY edition - Dragon Age - Mass Effect (or wait till mass effect 2) PD: if it helps i only own: Halo 3 ODST (i play a lot halo 3 online multiplayer) and bioshock and i LOVE both of them.. im a new xbox owner :D if you have any other good suggestions im open-minded thanks in advance!Cloud567kar

Id probally replace dead space for mass effect and also get fallout 3. Both amazing games.

well i really love horror games, so i dont think im replacing Dead Space.. its only 20 bucks, and yeah i think ill be getting fallout 3, i think it will be better than dragon age,,, and as for mass effect i will probably buy it also, its also only 20 bucks :) the only problem is i will have a lot of games and not so much time to play them all haha
Electrik-boltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2867 Electrik-boltz
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Electrik-boltz"]hi :) I need help deciding: i can get 5 games this christmass.. im getting for sure: - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Assassins Creed 2 - Left 4 Dead 2 - Dead Space and the fifth one i cant decide from these options: - Fallout 3 GOTY edition - Dragon Age - Mass Effect (or wait till mass effect 2) PD: if it helps i only own: Halo 3 ODST (i play a lot halo 3 online multiplayer) and bioshock and i LOVE both of them.. im a new xbox owner :D if you have any other good suggestions im open-minded thanks in advance!

I would replace Dead Space with Fallout 3 GOTY. Dead Space gets boring after about 2 playthroughs. rent it; it's kinda short. then, out of the 3 maybe's, try Dragon Age: Origins. I looked at some gameplay videos and it looks pretty solid and a lot of people recommend it.

thanks for the recomendation but i dont usually rent games, and dead space is only 20 bucks, (maybe i can get it for less).. so yeah... im getting it :D i will get dragon age eventually but not this christmass i allready got a lot to play through lol when i finish.. i will get DA:O and also dantes inferno im really looking forward to that game
lordsage77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2868 lordsage77
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

Hey can you help me?

I'm looking for an Action RPG or an Action Adventure, already own Prince of Persia and Mass Effect, a game similar to any of these two would be nice.

Also preference is that the rating is T, but I don't mind M as long that there isn't too much blood and gore in the game.

Okami_Link

In terms of Action-RPGs, you have Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age: Origins. They're all M however, and Fallout 3 is very gory. Oblivion isn't nearly as bloody as Fallout 3, and I haven't played Dragon Age yet.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2869 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Cloud567kar"]

I'm really curious! I know it's not on here, but is Dragon Age: Origins any good? I know my mom got it for me for Christmas. is it good or m I wasting my time waiting to open it?orb_03_2006

good. does it play like Sacred 2 or KOTOR?

more like KOTOR, lol, it seems like every day i see a new post about you questioning buying or waiting to play this game. Trust me your going to LOOVE this game, Just be man and play on nightmare lol.
thedootmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2870 thedootmaster
Member since 2008 • 748 Posts

should i get dragon age for pc or xbox360?

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2871 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Will I like AC2 if I hated the first one? I couldn't stand getting attention of guards then running for 15 mins and repeating the whole time.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2872 RobboElRobbo

should i get dragon age for pc or xbox360?

thedootmaster

Couldn't you answer that yourself?

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2873 RobboElRobbo

[QUOTE="Okami_Link"]

Hey can you help me?

lordsage77

In terms of Action-RPGs, you have Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age: Origins. They're all M however, and Fallout 3 is very gory. Oblivion isn't nearly as bloody as Fallout 3, and I haven't played Dragon Age yet.

Dragon age is very gory.

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2874 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

Should I get Fallout 3 or Borderlands? I played Fallout a little bit and really liked it, and some of my friends have Borderlands.

cdav89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2875 cdav89
Member since 2006 • 381 Posts

Can anyone recommend any good Arcade games? I have 800 points left that I want to spend and I want to get a game but I figured I'd come on here and ask for some good ones I may miss out on. I'm into all genres of games really; I'm just not looking for an FPS. I was thinking UMK3 and SFII but are there any others you could recommend?

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2876 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

You should buy one of the puzzleish XBLA games. Peggle was the best 800 points I ever spent.

Also, I hope they come out with that new recomendation sticky soon because this ones main page has not been updated in about a year!

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2877 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Should I get Fallout 3 or Borderlands? I played Fallout a little bit and really liked it, and some of my friends have Borderlands.

Jipset
Go test out Borderlands if you can and see what you like. I have not played Borderlands yet but it does look fun, or you can pick up the GOTY Edition of Fallout 3 which will be a wicked good purchase.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2878 RobboElRobbo

Can anyone recommend any good Arcade games? I have 800 points left that I want to spend and I want to get a game but I figured I'd come on here and ask for some good ones I may miss out on. I'm into all genres of games really; I'm just not looking for an FPS. I was thinking UMK3 and SFII but are there any others you could recommend?

cdav89

Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie, and Battlefield 1943 are my favorite arcades.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2879 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Please use the new stickied thread for all future discussion!