evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
oh,the period, well yeah i geuss u can't use that then :? how'd u like MGM? Master of God Mode!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

oh,the period, well yeah i geuss u can't use that then :? how'd u like MGM? Master of God Mode!evanescfan

Actually..I like it.

~Playing with the same words you could get GodModeMaster (GMM) but that doesn't sound as nice in short form..(GM2..G2M...GMM sounds terrible to me)

--Though MGM is a movie company I think it will be of minor importance here (who really brings up the studios anyway?).  MGM is a GMG approved title. (it has an unusual parallel with my own..two M's and a G to my two G's and an M..works very well as I see it)

---We should be discussing CotG sometime soon

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts
try saying both nicks in a row MGMGMG ROFL! nah, we have to think of something else... er... GodMasterV?? GMV (sounds strangely familiar!!)
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 evanescfan
[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]try saying both nicks in a row MGMGMG ROFL! nah, we have to think of something else... er... GodMasterV?? GMV (sounds strangely familiar!!)

yeah i find that familiar as well.......but what is it?
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Soulxxx
car model, I think... ???
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 evanescfan
gmv, gmv, gmv, gmv, gmv, gmv, gmv.............well i can only remmeber the word "wmv" at the moment :?
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Soulxxx
I dunno, it looks awfully familiar
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 the-creeper

COTG POST

Challenge 1

Knock 8 enemies off the platform before

time runs out.

1. If a group of Undead Shieldman are near the edge you can use a shieldless undead (use the Plume or Lance of the Furies to "make it so") with a grapple to [  ] *be sure to only throw away from the center or you run the risk of it dieing ON the plaform..thus failure*

2. Grapple attempts on the Shieldman will "push" them (and you) back. (a skilled player can use Hermes Rush to charge them after each "push" but I suggest meerly running and "pushing")

Challenge 2

Kill all ARCHERS and UNDEAD SOLDIERS

Before time runs out.

1. Don't waste RotG on this challenge.

2. There are 4 large platforms w/ 2 small ones linking one to another (square formation).

3. I prefer to attack in a counter-clockwise patter (preference)..meaning I go straight instead of to the left.  No real reason except I prefer killing all off the shieldman first.  It would likely be easier for a first timer to beat it going the opposite way.

4. Don't bother killing harpies...(unless you have the time to spare for some lulz)

5. On any platform with an Undead Shield man I start with a LotF (no charge needed) to break their shield and use them (grapple to [  ] style) as a weapon against their allies (if they fall off I just kill w/o them). 

6. I suggest using 1 cast of AoH just to hasten the death of any random large platform full of enemies.

7. The jumps between each plaform only require a good jump (Icarus Lift/Double Jump isn't necessary)...I use Hermes Rush to quickly killing the Undead Archers on each small platform.

Challenge 3

Break all the pots before

Time runs out.

1. LotF takes out a lot of them at once (obviously).

2. Hermes' Rush/Fury can be used fairly well for this challenge though Hermes' Stomp cannot.

Challenge 4

Kill 4 Minotaurs but none of

The Undead Soldiers.

1. Single the Minotaur's out by getting them in the air and using the Infinite Air Grapple.

2. Achilles' Flip (roll+X), Ascension, "Square to Triangle", "Dissension" and Apollo's Ascension work well and are generally discriminating damage dealers.

3. You don't want to accidentally kill any Undead Legion (FAIL) so Spirit/Might/Plume/Valor, LotF and other such attacks aren't exactly good here (they generalize the damage too much).  I find it insulting that they offer us Level 1 AoH for this challenge...as if that attack would just politely focus on the Mintaurs

Challenge 5

Shoot all of the Undead Soldiers!

Do not shoot the Human Soldiers!

1. Timing (I'll elaborate later)

Challenge 6

Reach the Center of the end platform

Before time runs out.

1. There are 8 small, moving platforms you must cross while under fire (Undead Archers).  There is an archer on the 2nd, 4th and 6th platform.  4 on the large platform after the 8th.

2. This one is timed and you MUST be in the center of the end platform to finish.

3. There is no need to battle any archers (though it is fun)

Challenge 7

Rule 1: Kill all enemies

Rule 2: Do not get hit

1. I like using Hermes Fury to Valor *Hermes' Valor* (R1 R1 [  ]) and Hades Revenge [  ] (parry to Valor/Cross Swipe).  

2. LotF and Might (super sweep ender for Might of Hercules) are decent here.

3. I prefer killing all of the Armored Legion first..

4. Watch out for the Minotaur's Shockwave and its counter attack (after blocking).

5. Remember that the grapple for Undead leaves you open to attack until you choose which finisher to use on it.

6. Hammer Minotaurs cannot block the Super Plume/Spirit.  Use this to set them up any way you like.

Challenge 8

Kill all the enemies.

1. I suggest using RotG (Tempest of the Fates FTW) at the very beggining to hasten the battle (you can get it back by the end of the challenge with perfection or during Challenge 9 with a masters touch).

2. The finishing grapple for Gorgons gives a break in the action, relief from their Gaze and a RotG bonus PER successfuly toggle (meaning each one...not just upon completion).

3. The Gorgon's gaze can be used to "petrify" the Undead.

4. LotF works GREAT here.

5. Combos (the ones with names) give RotG bonuses.

TIP: Combos only end after a half a second inactivity on the ground..unless you keep rolling

6. Rolling releaves you of Gorgon Gaze...if you didn't know that already I'll be amazed.

7. You can always grapple an Armored Legion and toss it at a crowd for kicks.

8. Crowd control moves work well here.

9. Being in the air isn't a great idea if you aren't careful.  Achilles' Flip *keeps you close enough to the ground that you won't have time to freeze* and Plume can sometimes interupt a Gorgon "gazing" at you.  Spirit ALWAYS interupts their gaze. 

10. If you are airborne with an enemy and being "gazed" at...meerly infinite air grapple your foe whilst biding time (you can't be frozon while grappling..even in the air).

11. Get a Gorgon airborne and Infinite Air Grapple it until O appears then do the mini-game.

12. Gorgons can take about 7 air grapples before O appears and Undead die on the third.

13. If caught in the air during an attack like Ascension or Apollo's Ascension quickly attempt a Hermes' Stomp (R1) to get to the ground and immediately roll (the rolls cancels the buffer for the landing and shakes off the gaze)

Challenge 9

Kill 4 Cyclops before the time runs out.

1. Use Icarus Lift (double jump) to get right on the Cyclops and repeatedly use Cyclone of Chaos (L1+[  ]) or Falling Helios (L1+triangle) for lots of hits (good for building up RotG and avoiding the Satyrs).

TIP: When in the air doing the previously mentioned and the Cyclops' starts to attack, use Hermes' Stomp (R1) to dive down quickly then immediately roll away *just in case*

2. Don't bother with the Satyrs.

3. Watch out for the Cyclops' Sweep to Smash attack (the smash can knock you off the side).

4. If the grapple option appears on the Cyclops, I advise you use it for a break in the action, RotG bonuses and for lulz

5. Since you aren't likely going to fail this challenge you could just keep doing the mini-game on a Cyclops (fail at the start since only the initial grapple gives a RotG boost) to refill your RotGs easy (finish the grapple for Health orbs should you need them for some reason)

Challenge 10

Kill enemies to make Platform rise.  Reach

The Top Platform to beat the challenge.

1. RotG is GREAT HERE.  Though it should be reserved until you get to the middle of the fight.  R1 R1 during RotG is incredible against Satyrs but sometimes misses the puppies.   

2. The puppies are basically there for easy kills, a weapon against Satyrs, a break in the action *via grapples*, irritation and health orbs *finishing grapple*

3. The Satyrs are the real threat since LotF doesn't work reliably on them *great on the puppies* and they are stab happy here (impale to toss your a** over the side..everyone loves that one).  A GREAT time to use the LotF is when a Satyr is on its back and Release the attack *the air version is safer* just before its "spring into action" animation/attack and it will get blown away along with all puppies near by (If there is another Satyr around it will attack you right after wards).

4. If you get a Satyr airborn with you, don't hesitate to hit him in the air (they like to do back flips to escape damage) so he will flip off the side like an idiot.

5. When in their taunt pose the Satyrs are most dangerous here since an attack from ANYONE will provoke their sudden onslaught so get a posing Satyr airborn if possible and annihilate it.

6. Use Achilles Flip and rolls when too close to getting pushed off.  The Achilles Flip sets up Satyrs quite well (you can do a variety of things to them but I suggest LotF for the center or air attacks if they are near the side)

7. I like to get the Satyrs on one side and stay on the other..the grab a puppy (throwing it at them to interupt their attacks and briefly stun them), roll at them and preform the Achilles Flip ending with an aerial Lance of the Furies (I usually only do this if the Satyrs are going over the edge so I don't get killed for forgetting the power of a Satyr).

~Feel free to contribute/debate

---I'm going to get the "Official wording" for each challenge put up just because I think it will look better

the-creeper

Any suggestions?

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 evanescfan
well i didn't read it word by word, but from what i did read, i geuss u covered everything well.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 the-creeper

Challenge 1, 3 and 5 were left pretty open...especially 5...

~Starting there is suggestable

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Soulxxx
today is a busy day for me... school, study for a test, and do some homework. so today I'll be quite low on the posting meter. and right now, I gtg organize myself for school.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 evanescfan

Challenge 1, 3 and 5 were left pretty open...especially 5...

~Starting there is suggestable

the-creeper

oh! 5! i know how: hold the arrow, don't pull yet. once u catch an undead soldier on 2 o'clock, start pulling, by the time u reach the end and push, he should be right infromt of u. if u start pulling a second earlier or later, don't risk it, let go and hold the arrow again waiting for the next idiot to come on 2 o'clock

EDIT: challenge 3: as tough as it is, u can actually beat it on the fisrt try.

-NEVER jump

-NEVER combo

-NEVER roll (unless 5 meters away from target)

-NEVER use an L1+face attack

-i wouldn't suggest lance of furies altho to be honest i don't think i tried it...but it can slow u down

-NEVER start from the middle, start where u start off and go around clockwise

now here's how: 1 hit each pot. run, one hit again. if all goes well, u should finish the challenge on the last sec

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Soulxxx

well, GMG already put in my strategy for challange 3. and if you use it you could finish it on the 2 seconds mark. :P

R1 R1 R1... but the main thing is to steer while in the attack - if you already broke a pot quickly aim for the next.

~EDIT: each R1 can actually break several pots if you aim right.

EDIT2: started COTG 40 minutes ago, and already I'm in challange 10! :) yeah baby.. now I gotta finish it.

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Soulxxx
OK... finished for the 5th time.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 evanescfan
5th? wow man i gotta try them out a second time for my self
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Soulxxx
make that 6th time... I beat it again.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 evanescfan
i beated it only once :P
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 the-creeper

And GMG has beaten it twice the sum of the total times the other NUR club members have

~I spend a lot of time doing CotG or Boss fights (more action..less adventure plz) 

--Adventure is nice the first few times around but in the end...it comes down to the action where I'm concerned (cutscenes are nice..but without combat I would have little more reason to visit GoW then PoP *which I don't revist anymore* )

---To be honest..I was expecting more "comprehensive" coverage of CotG from you two... not nearly as many suggestions as I expected

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Soulxxx
I have some, but I'll have to post later... after school that is. you know, after playing these two times yesterday, I realized I actually did get better in this game. Challange 6 is in my pocket, I sort of realized the best way to get through it. Challange 8 became ultra fun and not annoying anymore... and so did challange 10! I'm in love with CotG!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 the-creeper

I have some, but I'll have to post later... after school that is. you know, after playing these two times yesterday, I realized I actually did get better in this game. Challange 6 is in my pocket, I sort of realized the best way to get through it. Challange 8 became ultra fun and not annoying anymore... and so did challange 10! I'm in love with CotG!Soulxxx

Why else do you think I would play it so often?..It is true..the fighting Challenges become MUCH more fun when you can actually fight *this logic is undeniable*

~Challenge 8 is a pleasure since the flow of enemies is nearly constant for a while *through Satyrs into the mix anywhere w/ a Gorgon and things start to get ugly*

---Challenge 10 is a test of might...a proper strategy is needed to deal with the Satyrs on such a small surface and combat skills aren't exactly optional...if you aren't a good fighter you will die here a lot..if you don't have a decent plan for dealing w/ them you will die often...that is why there are so many complaints about this Challenge..it requires a third element.  Recognition of your surroundings (AKA opportunity).  The puppies are in fact your friends (better known as "tools").  The only real danger is getting hooked by surpise in the infamous Satyr imaple and throw manuever (a fan favorite).  I love Satyrs..truely the most worthy adversary.  I still think it is a shame that Centaurs were SO underused..perhaps in GoWII...

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Soulxxx

Challange 6:

Fighting will get you nowhere... JUST RUN

1. Essentially, just RUN, BUT when you reach the first platform with the archer on it, Grab him, [ ] him, and get going. this way you'll be in the right alignment of the platforms when you get to them.

2. There's nothing you can do about the archers, it's just a matter of luck.

Challange 8:

"Endure, Outwit - Survive" (sounds familiar, doesn't it?? lol)

1.Use LOTF alot. it's fun to see how these gorgons corkscrew in the air to their doom. hehe. same thing for the undead, they're like puppets here, barely move since you're so focused on the gorgons.

2. Sometimes the undead are frozen by the gorgons' beams. USE it.

3. Gorgons are the real threat here, so try and stay focused on them, not necessarily killing them, but watch their moves and evade in time, otherwise they can truely pwn your ass.

4. If they try to double/triple/quadriple freeze you, evade to the point where you have them in a close radius and CHARGE LOTF TO THE MAX! (Believe it works, you won't be frozen) There is a small flaw in this one, cause one of the undead running around could hit you and stop the charge, if it happens, Evade. you might get frozen though. most probably. yeah.

Challange 10:

(I'll edit later)

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 the-creeper

Nice to see this type of post again..any intention of coming back to the boss thread?

~Or shall I slice the Inner Garden fight into smaller, easier chunks for you to take in?..

---I'm still waiting for the final review..the one I've been building up to..also check out the Art Gallery for more pics

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Soulxxx
Oh right, I totally forgot about the Boss thread... don't worry, I'll read it. you have my word. ~Don't slice anything until I'm done!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 the-creeper

THREAD REVIVAL *clear*

~I'm going to EDIT some posts to include updated strategies concerning my new found techniques with Artemis among others...

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 evanescfan
cool, we need some artemis blade tactics.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 the-creeper

I'm not sure how to present the information yet...I want to present Artemis Strategies for each monster/boss but I'm just not sure how to do it at the moment..for now I'll just list some info.

NOTE: /  = triangle *GameSpot won't let me make the standard symbol in this post*

Artemis

The "Homerun" effect is where an enemy is sent rocketing up and away from Kratos.  It is unique in that it can knock enemies over invisible walls (Hell Satyr fight)..the types are:

A "bounce effect" can be described as anything similiar to how Plume/Spirit affect enemies.  

A "launched"/airborne enemy is not the same (Ascension)

The "O" ender to Artemis combos creates the perfect bounce.  Its buffer prevents further basic attacks but can be canceled with a roll or L1+face button attack.  Since the [  ], X and O versions aren't terribly useful I'll suggest they are left alone *for beginners*.  Ascension of Artemis (L1+/  ) is the best of its special attacks.  R1 being the best basic attack as it can be stopped at anytime *to block/evade/attack*, hits up to 5 times on a single enemy and a press of [  ], /  or O will end with a ender similar to its special attacks..the downside being that its O ender is as slow as the L1+O attack though it functions like the basic O ender. 

Examples of how to achieve this ender with Artemis.

O [  ] O

[  ] O O

O O O

R1, O

1. Use a bounce effect and follow up with L1+/  *while they are still in air*

-This works great on all enemies that can be bounced

-The effect AoH produces also presents an opening for this version to be used 

-Excellent in general

TIP: trying to move while performing L1+/  cancels the buffer between Ascension uses making its abuse easier/quicker

2. Launch an enemy with an "Ascension" attack and follow up with a L1+/ hit.

-This works on all enemies that can be launched except Satyrs

-Excellent against Cerberus

3. Launch and pursue skyward, (L1+/  *hold /  or press X* ) quickly following up with / .

-Works on all enemies that can be launched *it isn't as reliable for Satyrs but it does work*

-Excellent against Minotaurs

Artemis has blocking issues..where the Blades of Chaos can block/parry LATE, Artemis tends to FAIL at registering blocks often (especially noticable against Ares).  To make up for this you must get good with evasion (rolling) or learn to anticipate every move made against you in advance and block well ahead of time.

When Artemis is "on", you cannot naturally switch to the BoC in air...but the technique that fuses the Blades with Artemis allows for aerial weapons switching at the price of a little Magic..

The transition/transformation animation made for pulling Artemis out is the reason that the fusion is possible..it is also the reason that combos between it and BoC is not fun or very effective.  It simply takes too long.

A simple infinite for Artemis:

O/ O/  *swings twice from here on* O/  ...

Some decent combos:

[  ] O [  ]

[  ] / O [  ]

[  ] / O/  [  ]

[  ] [  ] [  ] O [  ]

O/ O [  ]

O [  ] /  [  ]

O [  ] [  ] O [  ]

O O [  ]

The best *default* aerial combo with Artemis is simply:

[  ] [  ] O with the option of ending with a follow up /  

Special Attacks

Wrath of Artemis L1+X

-can be canceled with a press of L2 *requires you to have Magic*

-Not very good

Revenge of Artemis L1+[  ]

-can be canceled with a press of L2 *requires you to have Magic*

-A decent attack damaging all nearby enemies

Ascension of Artemis L1+/  

-can't be canceled once activated but using its ability to "pursue" can be used to evade

-Easily the most useful special attack for Artemis and a favorite of GodModeGOD's..

Retribution of Artemis L1+O

-can't be canceled once activated

-Strong attack that can hit up to 3 times a strike per enemy with the possibility of grappling the enemy *if health is low enough*..not too good..not too bad

~I guess I'll come back and post specifics about the different spells as I did Artemis... basically I'm laying groundwork that can be elaborated on while trying to think of how I can put these into the main posts..I might have to move some information around *I'll take precautions to ensure that none of the information is lost*

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 evanescfan
nice work GMG. ;) btw, the idea that we can't post /_ the right way pisses me off as well. i mean, what gives?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 the-creeper

nice work GMG. ;) btw, the idea that we can't post /_ the right way pisses me off as well. i mean, what gives?evanescfan

/ \ ...I just don't understand this systems problem with triangle..

~Such a great shape...I find that I can dodge Ares Hammertime and Flamethrower entirely with Ascension of Artemis (w/ pursuit) then delay in the air and crash down upon Ares with a thunderous press of triangle (hilarity ensues)

---I've made a point of using Artemis for everything that I can...I originally did this since Elliott thought Artemis had some hidden potential that I was ignoring in favor of BoC RAEP.  I first began "mastering" Artemis agaisnt the Boss Minotaur on God Mode.  Now I use it almost exclusively *to further my training I either do this on God Mode NURs or CotG*  I can't beat Challenge 8 with JUST Artemis yet but I'm getting past the halfway point before having to switch to the Blades of Athena.

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Soulxxx

Nice post GMG... though, unlike you I like using L1+[ ] all the time. And it is indeed useful. Maybe you're just not as good as me with Artemis.

I'll have to try that "Homerun" sometime.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 the-creeper

Nice post GMG... though, unlike you I like using L1+[ ] all the time. And it is indeed useful. Maybe you're just not as good as me with Artemis.

I'll have to try that "Homerun" sometime.

Soulxxx

That's a foolish thing to say...you are vouching for an attack that you have to have Zf or MG with a bit of magic to cancel out of should you need to avoid a hit.  The square ender (exact same move except it hits less times) can be canceled out of quite easily..Clearly you are not as good as me with Artemis since you believe that manuever is worthwhile.  How do you feel about L1+X then? 

~L1+/ \ is the best Artemis has to offer

---I'm dying to know..what is your technique with Artemis..do tell (Short and simple=fail)

Artemis cannot hold a candle to the Blades of Chaos under ordinary circumstance...in a NUR it performs MUCH better in comparison..but it is still a terrible hack and slash option...until you learn to eliminate your opposition by taking them out of the playing field (knocking them off cliffs, into water, into traps, etc.) 

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Soulxxx
L1+[ ] needs no cancellation if you know how to use it... you obviously don't. and there's no way to explain it... you either have it - or you don't. L1+X is nice when you're facing only one opponent, though I might be confusing it with the Blade of the Gods' L1+X. Yeah, Artemis leaves you open. yeah it barely blocks. but it's a nice way to slice opponents up in some cases. PS. you know that if you kill an opponent with Artemis with over 10 hits combo you get a +5 red orbs bonus and it's called - get ready for this - *evil laugh voice* MUTILATION!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 the-creeper

L1+[ ] needs no cancellation if you know how to use it... you obviously don't. and there's no way to explain it... you either have it - or you don't.

L1+X is nice when you're facing only one opponent, though I might be confusing it with the Blade of the Gods' L1+X.

Yeah, Artemis leaves you open. yeah it barely blocks. but it's a nice way to slice opponents up in some cases.

PS. you know that if you kill an opponent with Artemis with over 10 hits combo you get a +5 red orbs bonus and it's called - get ready for this - *evil laugh voice* MUTILATION!!Soulxxx

Any move that doesn't have the option of canceling out is a potential death sentence.  It doesn't do nearly enough damage to justify the opening in my defenses.  I would only bother using such a craptastic special when playing with Ares Armor and/or Mortal difficulty..The very best situation with of those movies is against the grunts of the game. (undead).  What's your plan of attack agaisnt Satyrs with Artemis?  Certainly not wildly swinging your sword.. you must have some sort of plan..

Leaving yourself open for damage is a poor tactic.  That's the same kind of thing my cousin Elliott does...thus his near countless deaths using Artemis.  My friends just refuse to learn how to block or parry *when an option*. 

PS.  I already knew that...did you know that if you get a combo over 10 hits and grapple finish an enemy you get a +20 red orb bonus called "Ruthless Kill"?

~I've used Artemis *by itself..no magic or BoC* to Kill Ares1 on a God Mode NUR...I think I can handle the blade well enough..About the only thing I can't manage with Artemis alone is the entirety of Challenge 8

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Soulxxx

The best way to use Artemis against satyrs is NOT TO!

Wrong! when you kill a grunt (any sort of undead) you get "Ruthless Kill" and a +10. The Larger enemies - Minotaurs, Gorgons (not sure, can't really remember), Cyclopes - give you +20 and it's called "Brutal Kill". Pandora's temple cyclops - The Puke color ones - they give you nothing... game glitch, I suppose.

P.S did you know that Artemis was dubbed by the beautiful Claudia Black? I love that woman.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 the-creeper

The best way to use Artemis against satyrs is NOT TO!

Wrong! when you kill a grunt (any sort of undead) you get "Ruthless Kill" and a +10. The Larger enemies - Minotaurs, Gorgons (not sure, can't really remember), Cyclopes - give you +20 and it's called "Brutal Kill". Pandora's temple cyclops - The Puke color ones - they give you nothing... game glitch, I suppose.

P.S did you know that Artemis was dubbed by the beautiful Claudia Black? I love that woman.

Soulxxx

That's a silly thing to say...Artemis is great against Satyrs.  Just abuse the "Homerun"technique..you must be a fan of using the [  ] button (weak attacks/special)..these PROVOKE Satyrs into attack *similar to anything short of fatal damage or ascension effect while a Satyr takes its "I'm going to rape you" pose*.  This applies to the Blades of Chaos as well...thus my love of triangle attacks against them.  Though Medusa's Gaze makes even shorter work of them...during a NUR it is wise to get a Satyr on its back *while being careful to stay clear of its spring up animation* and begin petrifying it with the gaze..use Artemis to make quick work of them.  I still have much to add to the Tactics/Tips thread...I can only imagine the nightmare of having to re-organize/re-invent the thread upon GoWIIs arrival...

I am not nearly as familiar with the terms of combos or Artemis as I am with the Blades of Chaos...Ruthless..Brutal..I've yet to memorize all of those titles..and yes..the gorgons count as a Brutal Kill (20exp).  It is not a glitch..it boils down to that Cyclops not having a legitimate "finisher"..meerly a grapple option. *assuming you mean the basic Cyclops..not the Spike/Desert Cyclops or the Armored/Ball Cyclops*  If you mean the Spike Cyclops seen in Challenge 9..I'll have to investigate when I wake up tomorrow.

During the GameVideos E3 demo demonstration Kratos grappled a Cyclops for a total of 6 hits resulting in a "Ruthless Kill" for a staggering 100 EXP..this doesn't play into the pattern we've seen before..for now I'll play it off as a "demo thing"..but it is a curious detail if you ask me.

The Goddess Artemis..I have a picture of each of the 'important' voice actors..I must say that I am most amused by Zeus/Gravedigger *first Jewish Vampire* and Hades *some "pretty boy"* ...I'm sure what I just said will sound strange..but upon review at Internet Movie Data Base you'll have a clearer understanding of what I just said.

~I'd love to continue this post but an error concerning my Laptops charge says "RESTART"..

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Soulxxx

I was talking about the cyclopes from challange 9. they have a three button combo, which is quite hard if you ask me. there's something tricky about it - the speed or something... i dunno.

Yeah, I saw the new cyclops minigame, and that Ruthless kill title.. I think it is overkill, but on the other hand, maybe it means that the cost of upgrading will increase greatly.

Sounded strange at first, but a little investigation quickly shed a light on it. didn't get what "The First Jewish Vampire" is but I understood where you took it from.

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 evanescfan
yo creeper! i know challenge no. one in the CotG is the least of our worries, but i found an owsome way to deal with them!! and it includes the blades of artemis; simply use R1!! (don't know name...."homerun" is it or something?) it is really effective!! i just played the game a few mins ago (for the first time in 3 weeks!! it's murderer not to play on my PS2 that long!!) and tried it out my self. i even think i broke a record in that cahllenge's countdown :) try it out guys, it was fun to overpower those pain in the necks!! they actually kinda slide backwards a few inches till they fall!!
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Soulxxx
I dunno about that, I just grab them till they fall.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 the-creeper

yo creeper! i know challenge no. one in the CotG is the least of our worries, but i found an owsome way to deal with them!! and it includes the blades of artemis; simply use R1!! (don't know name...."homerun" is it or something?) it is really effective!! i just played the game a few mins ago (for the first time in 3 weeks!! it's murderer not to play on my PS2 that long!!) and tried it out my self. i even think i broke a record in that cahllenge's countdown :) try it out guys, it was fun to overpower those pain in the necks!! they actually kinda slide backwards a few inches till they fall!!evanescfan

Evan: Nicely done Evan..Hard to believe I neglected my "first love" (where Artemis attacks are concerned)...Since you gave me that...I'll tell you how to optomize the attack using a buffer cancel.  To repeatedly use R1 attacks just press the attack then quickly press L1 to R1 again..so basically use a quick block between lunges.  Using grapples like Soul said is still more reliable but this gives Artemis even more appeal.  The Homerun techinique isn't meant for meere grunts..especially not Undead Shieldman.  You could also use the grapple to [  ] manuever on a Undead Shieldman *regardless of their sheild* if you get them on their back/spawning with a quick attack *this allows them to be grappled at any time for some reason.  With this method *yours* getting 34-36 seconds left to spare is fairly easy.   

Soul: Since this has been Thanksgiving weekend things have been hectic.  I'll be a more reliable poster come next week.  During your NUR be sure to try out the various Artemis "Homerun" techniques, the Artemis/BoC or BoA fusion (2 methods) and getting on those statues.

~I've been amassing ideas from art at DeviantArt..they always find a way to inspire me

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Soulxxx
Why do you think I started this NUR, then? If only I had time for God of War... did I say I h8 school? hmm,.... at least it's my last year. yipee!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 the-creeper

Why do you think I started this NUR, then? If only I had time for God of War... did I say I h8 school? hmm,.... at least it's my last year. yipee!Soulxxx

..Because you make it sound like you too love playing through on God Mode NURs...

~Last year?...not if you FAIL

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 evanescfan

[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]Why do you think I started this NUR, then? If only I had time for God of War... did I say I h8 school? hmm,.... at least it's my last year. yipee!the-creeper

..Because you make it sound like you too love playing through on God Mode NURs...

ouch, why the hate? btw thanx on your reply to the homerun technic.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]Why do you think I started this NUR, then? If only I had time for God of War... did I say I h8 school? hmm,.... at least it's my last year. yipee!evanescfan

ouch, why the hate? btw thanx on your reply to the homerun technic.

I was just playing..GMG style

No problem...you should try the actual technique some time..it's hilarious once you master it.. I've seen Cerberus get rocketed into a giant saw blade for TOTALULZ..it was something new for me to do in the game..so I explored it

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Soulxxx
Yeah, man... It's bad enough that my grades suck... you have to bum me out like that? Giant saw blade?? err... what?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 the-creeper

Yeah, man... It's bad enough that my grades suck... you have to bum me out like that? Giant saw blade?? err... what?Soulxxx

"I like to kick 'em while they're down!" - Richard Nixon on Futurama

^ not really my style.

~The saw blades just before the Architect's final resting place..the place where you aren't suppose to be able to get a Cerberus to follow...

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Soulxxx
...err? ~not following...
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 the-creeper

...err? ~not following...Soulxxx

kekeke

~I used the "Homerun" technique to knock the Cerberus dog into the giant moving saw blades for TOTALULZ

---I can't believe the game froze as I was using the Artemis R1 attack on a Petrified Spike Minotaur just before the Tetris block puzzle...I was so pissed...The last place I saved was near the beginning of the game..f*ck that.  I'll play Bully for now..see how good it is.

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Soulxxx
What giant saw blade?? you mean one of those before the door to the architect's (sp?) tomb? ---kekeke back at ya... My game never actually froze, but there were some game killing glitches... when you say freeze do you actually mean freeze? Like, the picture is frozen, no animations what so ever?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 the-creeper

What giant saw blade?? you mean one of those before the door to the architect's (sp?) tomb? ---kekeke back at ya... My game never actually froze, but there were some game killing glitches... when you say freeze do you actually mean freeze? Like, the picture is frozen, no animations what so ever?Soulxxx

Yes..THAT giant saw blade section.

~No this was just one of those parts where everyone stops and the animations loop a few phrames with the music playing..you can't stop it.  The one I get from the clones occurs sometime while I pause making the screen black with the family's health bar visible.  I should have known better than to wait so long to save....

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Soulxxx
Hmmm... strange... makes me wonder; What color is your PS2?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 the-creeper

Hmmm... strange... makes me wonder; What color is your PS2?Soulxxx

Default/Standard

~The ragged they come and the ragged they kill..

You pray so hard on bloody knees...

The ragged they come and the ragged they kill..

Down in the cool air I can see...