MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

FiveGlory: I always have settings to 50 topics/posts per page thus the pages are correct for me.

---Altered Copypasta---

DEFAULT KRATOS

100% for all stats *I'll cover the rest soon enough though I could have sworn I'd address this and the difficulties once before*

DIFFICULTY

God Mode

Power: 50%

Armor: 20% (5x damage)

Recovery: 200% *frequency of foe attacks* (2x as often)

NOTE: Rage has unique attacks but generally doubles the power of attacks after all other factors are considered. Besides having special properties or exceptions.

PERCENTILES *if I recall right*

I can't tell you how costumes mix with difficulty right now (I've forgotten) but since you're using Default Kratos it is unaltered anyway. On God you have 50% power. So take the value of the Blades attack (based on what level you have) and multiply by 0.5 to see how strong it actually is on these settings.

DAMAGE VALUES

NOTE: OH, air grabs, etc. deal variable damage. Collisions havent' had a proper study yet.

---

The testing of power multipliers was finished in GoW1 upon getting the guide. Sadly Artemis' values were far from pretty. They are approximations.

lvl1 Plume on Normal with Default Kratos does 6 damage. Unlike with the CoO coverage, the favor of each level getting its own coverage was given. Default Kratos doesn't alter anything (100% Power) and 'God' is at 50% so we multiply 6 by 0.5 to get 3 damage. That's how hard each lvl1 Plume is truely hitting.

Spirit (lvl1) is listed as 2/12. The slash ("/") seperates individual hits that the attack has so we know it to have the chance of landing 2 seperate hits. (2 and 12 for a chance to land 14 damage) Set this to God with default and you get 1/6. If both hit that's 7 obviously.

Usage of "?" in place of a value indicates untested/uncertain values though I could probably fill those in with a guess and be right in the case of those with a final value versus the multi-hit attacks (a pain to test).

I have it all pretty well understood but I need to review a few things to be up to par with what I once was in GoW1.

~That should be sufficient coverage on how to use the info given above. If you need to know more, just ask. I don't have ALL the values yet obviously but I'll be working on that in the future.

NOTE: Again, this is altered copypasta. If you have questions, ask away

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#252 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
Oh good, we are re-posting here then.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 MrStarkiller
Not quite, clown. This is an altered version for FiveGlory's benefit.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#254 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts

Not quite, clown. This is an altered version for FiveGlory's benefit.MrStarkiller

Right-o.

elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 elon005
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
Never mind. I found the anwser.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 MrStarkiller
When you edit like that, you should probably leave the original question so one does not have to view edit history to understand.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts

Shouldn't this be a sticky?

And I found a way to create a sweet spot in the fight with cyclopii after first Cerberus fight [Desert Kings, I presume?]. Does that qualify as a tactic or is too general/known a thing? 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 MrStarkiller

We would have (perhaps) too many stickies at that point...it's hard to say exactly. Odds are I'll just use latest release version of a title with the relevant subject (Ex: CoO Tactics/Tips *though just bones*)...and have links to each of the other Tactics/Tips threads inside said sticked thread.

If you refer to using the block (for various approaches), then I know of it. Feel free to discuss your approach. I rather like filtering one through then going past the block for the other.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 MrStarkiller

Not a bump, so much as an attempt to clarify the reality of Artemis (good and bad) in one place. Here goes.

--- ARTEMIS ---

NOTE: Been awhile since I've taught about this weapon. Quick reminder that even if you had RotG, it wouldn't gain new moves (just 2x damage, improved Armor % and tanking. Also, it cannot destroy shields (not even with RotG active *won't ignore them like the Blades*). You would think the heavy enders and air medium could, but nope. The R1 is great for pushing them around, but that's mostly for CotG1 (where a cliff is around these enemies and no wall to save them).

Damage: MIN vs MIN, it is stronger than the Blades. The values I'll note are approximations (it has ugly numbers owed to a weird base value combined with an ugly starting modifier *only weapon that ever does this*) that round DOWN:

Lights - s1 and s2 are both 4 (equal to BoC's Ascension and stronger than t0, but weaker than the t1 *if both hits land*, s6 *5* and t3 *1/6*). I believe the s3 to be a mirror'd s1. The ender (s4/Revenge) is 6/6/6 (spooky). It has no special hit properties (knockback on the last hit would have been great).

Medium - t1 and t2 are both 4 (though t1 hits three times for 4/4/4 *thus 12*). Same as lights for damage. T is noted as 8, but will be two hits (4/8) unless strung after t2 (where only the primary damage hit will come out). The ender (t3/Ascension) is 8 and launches. NOTE: There is, that I can recall, no 'quick T' option (evade into this singular strike). You're free to test for it, but I think they missed out here.

Heavy - o1 and o2 are both 8 (stronger than Spirit even with its extra secondary). The ender (o3/Retribution) is 12 and bounces. A very heavy hit for how quick it is (where as t1 is a little slow). Air - s1 and s2 are 4 (again). Air o1 is (unsurprisingly) 8. The air medium is given the ender treatment here, so it is an 8 damage downward drive with knockback (t1/Descension *playing with the naming convention of the launcher, but otherwise it would be 'Bravery'*).

R1 - Where the Blades have to unlock this, Artemis starts with its R1 attack option (only GoW1 had such moves). It is a 5 hit thrust for 3.5 each (3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5 *17.5*). Very potent on its own (quick, too), but happens to chain right into any of the enders noted. The heavy follow-up is o3, but slow like the special version (still a single hit and has bounce as a hit property).

Specials - You have all moves from the start, but they're mostly crap (as with the Blades, but you don't have the luxury of ignoring those). L1+x (Wrath of Artemis) is 5/5/5/5/5 (25) and can be spell canceled. L1+s (Revenge of Artemis) is 6/6/6/6/6 (30) and can be spell canceled. L1+t (Ascension of Artemis) is 8 (works like T, but with a slight delay instead of longer lead-in hit *holding triangle longer or pressing X after it will super jump as you might expect*). L1+o (Retribution of Artemis) is 8.5/8.5/8.5 (25.5). Slower than o3 and lacks the bounce property (while being a special, so it cannot be canceled *not even with a spell as is an issue with L1+t though I think T can be*).

NOTE: My old notes are really hard to interpret here, so there is some guesswork being done.

Strings: I just know how you like 'style', so aside from R1 into ender and spell canceling antics with L1+s or L1+x, consider the strings that exist. In particular, those that loop as noted with "..." for when you can keep going from o2 to t2 and vice-versa (which are linked *Ex: 's,t'...o,t,o,t,o,t...*) infinitely. For "etc.", just refer to other chains listed off the last move noted ('o,s' etc. would concern itself with s2 cases).

s1,t2...

s1,o2...

s1,s2,t1,s4

s1,s2,t1,t3

s1,s2,t1,o3

s1,s2,s3,s4

s1,s2,s3,t2,s4

s1,s2,s3,t2...

s1,s2,s3,o2,s4

s1,s2,s3,o2...

s1,s2,o3 t1,s4

t1,t2,etc.

t1,o3

o1,s2,etc.

o1,t2,etc.

o1,o2,etc.

If I'm not misunderstanding the notes: s1 leads to s2, t2 or o2; s2 leads into s3, t1 or o3; s3 leads into s4, t2 or o2 (only one ender path from it *light*); t1 leads into s4, t2 or o3 (you should test this to be sure *two enders with light and heavy*); t2 leads into s4, t3 or o2 (one ender path *medium*); o1 leads into s2, t2 or o2; and o2 leads into s4, t2 or o3 (two enders *light and heavy*). As you can see, things work a little differently than with the blades (more flowing back into itself). Again, I might be slightly off the mark. You'll have to sample this stuff for yourself.

NOTE: Bit of a shame it didn't have more ways to continue strings in loops. Just slightly simpler than it ought to have been (the air strings aren't like this at all).

Grabs: Artemis has light (square), medium (triangle) and heavy (circle). The grab button is occupied. Though you can switch weapons (BoC) for OS and OH access, Artemis doesn't set-up OH or air OS very well (possible, but difficult). The only grabs you can get with it are from landing heavy attacks while a foe is in dizzy or wander state ("O"). Even then, the hit lands first, so if they were low on life, they will die and you will whiff the grab that follows automatically (though I suppose you can block cancel it in GoW1). From what I recall, air o1 will not try to become an OS even if the foe is at "O".

Blocks: No air block, no parries and a delay exists on the functional use of the block (for lack of parry *no block frames where those should be giving lenience*). From what my notes suggest, you cannot even switch from Artemis to BoC while in the air.

Delayed Kills: Mutilation bonus has a special animation on some foes. While Artemis is 'out', even killing with damage dealing spells will causes this. Sometimes enemies will survive beyond 0HP briefly (enough to attack, even). This can be annoying.

Tricking: While the draw animation of MG and Zf are listed as hyper armor cases (tanking, but taking full damage), the Sword Summon animation (not the Sword Sheathe one) has i-frames throughout (so long as you don't use left analog movement during or cancel it *cannot hold the animation like with TB/EH in GoWII*). This can be done in the air, too.

When you already have Artemis out, you can simply put it away and pull it back out to use the animation again, but you have to adjust according to how long it takes to get to said animation. If you end up grabbing someone or whatever and come out of it, the weapon comes back out for i-frames (from what I recall). The main way to weaponize this is with a quick draw of Zf or MG (quick spell cancels) that you just as quickly release to pull up Sword Summon (when wanting to negate in-coming damage).

As before, you cannot go from Artemis to the Blades in the air (there is a trick to combine them with BoC specials, but that's not relevant *even were it an option for you*). To air Artemis trick, you need to go from Blades to Artemis or use spell cancels with Artemis already out.

Canceling: Block canceling, Evade canceling, movement cancel, etc. are all pretty much as you would expect (don't work so great for the launcher) and as I already noted (L1+s and L1+x are the only specials you can cancel, but via spells alone *free with Zf/MG* to make them viable for horsing around safely *especially with tricking*).

Air moves cannot be block canceled as you have no block (and cannot switch to the Blades in the air). Not without spells. My notes make it sound like you cannot air MG cancel, and air Zf canceling forces MP use (as the input of L2 alone will toss a bolt *not L2+s as with GoWII's set-up*). Thus you need at least 5MP to air cancel, so you're somewhat vulnerable with Artemis out (in the air). For MG to work, it needs lvl2+ (Flash).

AI break: Rapid use of 'tricking' creates a long period of i-frames you can use to break AI (they forget where you are, stop attacking and begin to wander). This will not work on bosses or archers. Fastest use comes with holding L1, tapping R1 and holding (L) for movement cancels, I think.

Interrupt: Air moves s1, s2 and o1 can interrupt some attacks and stun launchable foes in an odd way. One great example of this would be a Cerberus Breeder (hit with air o1 just before landing to stop even 'breeding', it will be stunned and open long enough for the likes of T *unless I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am*).

Homerun techniques:

Homerun - Bug where instead of getting a super launch from an elevated foe hit with a launcher, the Artemis version does this in addition to blowing them back (like a knockback without the half collision property). Up and way, they go. Satyrs have air recovery to hose this option. Tormentors are glitched on this front, so aiming where they will go can be hard (usually the opposite of what your direction suggests).

Punt - Same as Homerun, except the Artemis launcher connects with a bounced foe. It is the same mechanically, but because it follows a bounce, Satyrs are vulnerable to it (for whatever reason) and Tormentors don't glitch on it. Tends to be the superior choice.

NOTE: Strings like 's,s,o', 'o,o,o', 'o,s,o', 'R1,o', etc. end with o3 (which sets up the L1+t *though maybe also T*).

Spike - Simply landing its knockback move (air t1) while something is off the ground (higher starting point means greater distance with better potential to ring-out). Usually T into air t1. This one is not a bug.

Lifts: Just using the air string of light, light, heavy (s,s,o *s1, s2, o1*) to gain a little height. Teamed with PR and some other tools, it can keep going to allow for some sequence breaking.

Example use in this pasta, " I was able to skip the rope in the Underground without the old long jump tactic (or PR) two ways. In one I just used a paced double jump to Artemis lifts to reach the far side (where the chests are). In the other I leapt around the invisible wall on the first foreground pillar with an Undead Legionnaire killing a Human soldier and used Artemis Lifts to just barely get on it…where I could then leap from pillar to pillar (to the right) until I leap to the area at the end of the rope.".

Also, "While traversing the rope out of order I activate the unique 'Fallen' (or gathered up to 5 towards the left then jumped between them) who would sometimes land looking the wrong way and begin essentially fighting off foes to my left..which is amusing. If he tried to grab a foe though he just died. On occasion he would turn around and attack me.".

Should probably add links (for examples), but whatever. Good enough.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#260  Edited By Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

@the-creeper said:

Do any of you read my entire posts?..or is that why I often say things and so few recall it...I just gave you guys a way to completely undermine a critical battle...to completely negate it and I didn't even get a bat of the eye!..

Don't do Spartan (Hard) it is a waste of time..it won't prepare you any better than normal...Make the leap to God Mode.

~I went from Easy to God Mode and I did fine (Just ask for assistance when you need it or employ some of the tactics/tips/strategies/exploits of your unions members)

Agreed, I personally went from normal to Very hard, and it didnt make any big diffrence,however i am now attempting a PAIN run on god mode its gonna be hard i just arrived at athens, Before writing this post.

>Read entire posts

Yes, its Always a pain ahen someone just doesnt complete reading, and start saying random things that are the complete opposites of your posts, i think users of the internet nowadays, like to keep things short, and they dont go to many details,while some of your posts are very ridicoudly long, They have a lot of general infos.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 MrStarkiller

>gonna be hard

Still recommend NUR+ prior to PAIN.

>short attention spans

Children.

>long

By the standards of said demographic to be sure.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Masterkiller103

@MrStarkiller: Indeed, i think I made a mistake by straight to PAIN i think I should have done a NUR+, i think NCR also could have been a good warm up instead of making a leap to PAIN.

Additionally, i prefer playing at night to the early morning, for some reason i have way more patience for challenges like these, beacuse i remember in 2005 i spent 3-4 days on the Pandora guardian boss fight.

NOTE : Back then i wasn't playing alone i used to play with 2 other friends of mine.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Masterkiller103

I have some tip that could also help.

>Using blade of Artemis

You first jump then press cross and tringle (at the same time) then you do circle and use L2 for medusa gaze roughly jump,(x+square)+o+L2

This lets you jump high, wich could help against some enemys.

after the said (x+square)+o+L2 just continue O+square+L2.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 MrStarkiller

>NCR

By itself it is a bit lacking in...spice. Or substance.

>prefer night

That is generally when I operate these days.

>3-4d on LPG

Old strats, skills, etc. I'm sure you can clear him in 3-4m with the right training.

>play with others

I think only GoW1 and (maybe) GoWII saw me playing with another on my first go. I would never intentionally have multiple people around me (just the one).

>mistake

Could be.

>suggestion

u wot

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Masterkiller103

>NCR lacking substance

Sure.

>3-4m with Training

Sounds good.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Masterkiller103

I see there hasn't been a lot of helpful NUR walkthroughs and guides except for Xristos Zimnas, and some GameFAQ's guides from back in 2006-2008, So i wanted to give you guys some tips for NUR not gonna be Very advanced type but more of a base of techniques.

Due to the weaknes of you're weapons and magic even near the desert of lost souls, this challenge run is a bit challenging, so it's best to use some tactics.

I'll first go about the moves.

Light attacks:

Very seldomly should you use a light attack. unless it is a starter or required

for a combo, ignore this attack. It does far to little damage.

Heavy Attacks:

These will be the focus of your battle plan. They do a decent amount of damage

and have the chance of starting a juggle. More on this later.

Dash Attack:

The only way you can do this is with the Blade of Artemis. This should be the

last attack you should ever use. Except in Boss Battles. This Attack allows you

to chain up to 8 moves together (hit R1 then []) and still be able to block mid

combo.

Rage of the Gods:

You don't have it. If you do, you upgraded. Try again.

Grapple/Grab:

This is the real deal. You will do the most damage possible with this puppy.

Whenever possible do a Grapple/Grab. Especially when it will finish an

opponent. Why? When the Grab animation starts you become invincible. No

Damage = Happy Player.

Block:

This is the most used action in the game. You want to prevent as much damage as

possible from getting to you and this is the way to do it.

Evasion:

Not as useful as the block button but needed versus some larger enemies. More

on this later.

Medusas Gaze:

Learn it, Love it, and always have it as the active magic. This spell is by far

the most useful in this challenge. All enemies, minus bosses, can be turned to

stone and destroyed.

Poseidons Rage:

Another very usefull magic. It can interupt any enemy attack and does 13 hits of

decent damage to the enemy. It's a little costly in the mana department however

and can be a little unweildy. Still a very good magic.

Army of Hades:

If not for the high mana, this would be one of the best magics. Try to stay away

from this one unless absolutely necessary.

Zues' Fury:

There are 1.5 uses for this magic.

1: Taking out Cyclops'. Theres nothing better. It kills them in about 25 hits.

.5: Archers you can't get to otherwise. If you can get close enough to them to

grab them, then don't use this magic.

could be better, could be worse.

Jumping:

You can double jump. This is a very tough skill to master because of the

parameters of some jumps. Timing and practice is key.

Minigames:

Play all minigames! It ends a battle A LOT faster. More on this later.(a list!)

================================================================================

A. Combos

==========================================================

Combos, although powerful, are limited by the lvl.1 blades, but first let's check the controls Because well it really is an essential.

Controls:

Left analog: Movement

Right analog: Evasion

D-Pad: Magic Selection

X Button: Jump

[] button: Light attack

/\ Button: Heavy attack

( ) Button: Grapple/Grab

L1 trigger: Block/ Combo move

L2 trigger: Activate Magic

R1 trigger: Dash attack

R2 trigger: Interact

Select: pause menu

Start: Powerup info

If you don't know these controls by heart or have trouble with them, practice

before you go any further.

This game is broken up into multiple battles that are very similar to each

other but pose different tasks, enemies, and battle issues. If you do not know

controls inside and out you will fail. Not to nay-say but it's fact. Also be

sure you know all of the available combo strings. you will need them all. Keep

in mind that these are not all of the combos but are recommended ones.

And now the combos.

~~~~~BLADES OF CHAOS COMBOS:~~~~~

Light Combo: Use this against low Rank enemies (ie. harpies, Legionnaires)

[],[],[],[],[],[]- low damage increases to moderate damage and takes out a

large group of enemies at the end

yeah...just one...without an upgrade all moves will be limited.

Medium Combos: Generally good for almost all enemies. Possible juggle starter.

[],/\,[],[],[],[],[]- low damage then high damage then increasing makes a good

hitter against all enemies

[],[],/\- Plume of Prometheus. This will be your main attack for heavier

opponents. It does a fair amount of damage and will knock enemies back or up

in the air slightly.

[],/\,[],/\- Heavy Plume. Does two more heavy hits then the Plume of Promethes.

and boy are they helpful. This combos is fairly slow to execute however.

Heavy Combos: For use against Large enemies and large groups of enemies

[],/\,[],[],[],[],/\- This is the heaviest hitting combo for a Blades of Chaos

Level 1. I call it the Super Plume because of what it is. It's a low damage fast

attack that leads to a heavy juggle starter, to four continuing juggles, to a

Plume of Prometheus. It does a sick amount of damage if every hit connects and

it appears from my playthroughs that this Plume of Prometheus does more damage

thena regualar Plume. Maybe it's because he jumps. I don't know. But it's a sick

combo.

[],/\,[],[],[],[],/\=>/\Hold- One step higher then the last because you get in

not one but 2 hits more (both blades hit) then the Super Plume. This one I call

the Plume Ascension.

~~~~~BLADE OF ARTEMIS COMBOS:~~~~~

All combos do Heavy amounts of Damage.

[],[],[],[]- A heavy six hit attack thats good for crowd control. you can only

block mid combo on this before Kratos starts the spinning portion.

/\,hold/\,/\- An o.k. combo but the trick with this is the timing of the second

hit. When your in the air press /\ again and you come crashing down. This final

blow although very concentrated will send multiple enemies flying. It can also

1 hit Kill some enemies.

( ),( ),( )- Avoid this at all costs. It's too slow and concentrated to be any

good.

L1+X- Great for Crowd Control but you give up the ability to block.

L1+[]- Same as above.

L1+/\- Choose this over the /\ combo for it's speed. very good for launching

and starting a death bounce if you can switch out the Blade of Artemis for the

Blades of Chaos Fast enough.

L1+( )- No good...why do the ( ) button moves SUCK!

R1- A good 5 hit combo that still gives you a block and can lead into a combo

with either the [], /\ or, ( ) buttons. Go with the [] follow up.

[],[],/\,( ),[]- This combo is the mother of all. Not because of the hits you

get in and the damage it does bubt because the /\,( ) portion can be repeated

INDEFINATELY.

~~~~~BLADES OF CHAOS TO BLADE OF ARTEMIS COMBOS:~~~~~

These require a weapon switch mid combo so they can be tough to execute but

devestating to your enemies.

BoC=Blades of Chaos starts this combo (always)

L/R1=Summoning/sheathing the Blade of Artemis.

BoC[],/\,L/R1,L1+hold/\,/\-This can take a lot of practice to get right but is

so heavy hitting that it can take out an undead Legionnaire in two uses.

BoC[],[],[],[],[],L/R1,[],[],[],[]- This combo is fairly seamless and fast and

is outstanding for crowd control. As the Blades of Chaos are flailing your

moving into the range for Blade of Artemis so this allows you to follow up.

That's it for the Combos but theres one thing more that must be detailed. The

most powerful moveset in the game: GRABS

~~~~~Ground Grabs:~~~~~

Just press ( ) to start a grab. Only some enemies can be grabbed outright. These

include: Harpies, Wraiths, Legionnaires(Basic), Cerebus', Satyrs and all Archers

All other enemies must be weakened first. Unless you Juggle them...

~~~~~Juggling:~~~~~

Here's a list of the enemies that can be juggled to death:

Legionnaires

Legionnaire Archers

Undead Legionnaires

Legionnaire Captains

Gorgons

Minotaurs*

Cerberus

Cerberus Seeds

Wraiths

Satyrs

Sirens

Centaurs

I believe that's all of them. The Minotaurs will be discussed momentarilly

To start a juggle you must hit any of these opponents into the air. Any way

works but, a simple [],/\ or Hold/\ works best. Now while on the ground face the

airborne opponent and press ( ). Kratos should reach up with a Blade and pluck

the enemy from the air. This can be repaeted until the enemy dies because they

bounce back up. Rinse and repeat. Some of the timings are wierd (Gorgons) but it

is possible.

Minotaurs are an exception. you must use this method instead:

~~~~~Air Juggling:~~~~~

After you have launched an opponent into the air you can jump up after them and

grab them in midair! This is the most powerful move in the game! This can also

be done indefinately except with the minotaurs. Unlike other monsters that

appear to be made out of rubber when doing this, the minotaurs bounce back up

only half of the way. Timing is crucial but you can kill a minotaur before they

are grounded most of the time.

The preferable method of doing this is [],Hold/\. it is near instintaneous and

if /\ is held long enough, Kratos will Jump up after the enemy. This puts you at

the perfect grab height. There are however different ways to get the enemy in

the air and initiate the Death-Bounce.

~~~~~DEATH BOUNCING:~~~~~

Legionnaires: For all legionaires the recommended launch is the [],hold/\. This

will launch them and allow for a perfect death bounce. However, the Captains

will fall to the Ground and nt bounce back up when they minigame.

Legionnaire Archers: Same as the Regular Legionnaires if they don't die on the

first hit.

Gorgons: These can be hard to launch because they are ALWAYS moving. Stick with

the hold/\ attack and you may just catch it in the hit. If it doesn't fly up,

when you jump up, hit the in air /\ and it will most likely hit and launch them

up to your level. Now grab them and wait to grab again when they come right back

up to you. This takes timing...not ( ) button mashing.

Minotaurs: As stated before the minotaurs don't bounce well. They also tend to

block the heavier hits ikn the [],hold/\ launch. So stick to just the regular

hold/\ to launch them. then just do a ( ) mash. This tends to work about 90% of

the time. It won't work when there are other enemies that are in the area if you

mash too quickly. Kratos will turn toward them instead of grabbing the minotaur

again. All minotaurs take 3 bounces to kill.

Cerberus Seeds: launch with the [], hold/\. this will always get them up because

of how light they are and they can't block. Now just jump up (or hold /\ long

enough to jump up with it) and mash the ( ).

Cerberus: More info on this when I can try it myself. Setho_O says it can be

done but did not say how.WExperiment and see...I think they may be too heavy but

I have seen them bounce. Try thr L1+/\ with the Blade of Artemis.

Wraith: See Leggionnaire

Satyr: This is extremely conditional and very hard to pull off. It also really

only works with 1 vs 1 situations. This can only be done with the Blade of

Artemis. Launch the Satyr with the L1+/\ and DO NOT follow it up. Instead wait

for it to fall far enough so you can hit it with another launch attack. This

time follow it up. now wait for it to fall a bit below you and hit /\ in mid

air. This will slam the satyr down without sending it flying forward. now

repeat. This will work a lot better if there is a ceiling that stops the satyrs

ascent.

Sirens: Good luck getting them up in the air. try everything you can but when

they do fly grab them and it acts just like the undead legionnaire Captains

death bounce. They will fall and then stop bouncing back when they minigame.

Centaur: The best way to launch them is with the L1+/\, but it takes a lot of

practice to switch back to the Blades of Chaos, jump up, and grab them. So stick

to the Bloades of Chaos and use the hold/\ to get them up. Now grab them and

just mash on the ( ) button. Contrary to poular belief Centaurs can be

death-bounced. I'll try and get a link to a video showing such a thing.

Although difficult, grabs and juggling will be your main form of combat.

Blocking and Evasion are necessities in this game. Not only will blocking at the

correct moment stop an enemy attack, it will stun the opponent and allow you to

attack! But how to do it...

~~~~~Blocking:~~~~~

This is the most challenging but beneficial mechanic of the game. David Jaffe

and his team gave us a means of near immortalness with Kratos' blocking ability.

To do this just press the L1 shoulder button. It's that easy. If easy is your

thing for this playthrough, then stick with this and move to the next section.

If your looking for an edge in the battle then read on.

For this to be effective, you MUST learn every attack of every enemy in every

area of every part of this game. If you don't, as I said earlier, you will fail.

So go practice and when you think your ready we can move one. ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

DONE!!! Good.

Now to truly get the most out of a block you must block an enemy attack at least

a half a second before it hits. You can do it later but you risk getting hit. If

done correctly, the frames will slow (intentional) and the enemy will falter in

most cases. Now attack them while you can.

The only basic enemy that can't be blocked is the Cyclops and Medusas Gaze. For

those, you must...

~~~~~Evasion:~~~~~

This should really only be used when blocking isn't effective. As mentioned

above. Cyclops' present the most danger and 3 evades will allow you to survive a

stoning from a medusa. it's very basic, just move the right analog stick and you

will evade in that direction. Evasion can also be used as a faster mode of

transportation. But that isn't something we want. more time for travel will

allow us to cool down between fights.

===============================================================================

B. Minigames

================================================================================

Minigames are another heart of this run. Without them, you would be dead, much

more often. Here's a list of all the enemies and what, if any, minigames can be

implemented. These do not include the bosses. they're minigames are based off of

the basic enemies.

~~~~~Light Enemies:~~~~~

Legionnaires

-No minigame because they can be grabbed at anytime.

Undead Legionnaires:

-When they take enough damage they will minigame. It's just a regular grab but

it is initiated as if it were a mingame.

-If you knock them down after dealing approxamitely 25% of their health they

will stand stunned and minigame!

Mystic Legionnaires:

-Knock off their shields and they become undead legionnaires. Minigames and all.

Legionnaire Archers:

Legionnaire Captains:

-Minigame one happens after you have taken 50% of their health. It does a decent

amount of damage and it's animation is fairly long. This means you damage while

taking none.

-Minigame two kills them and can and can't be worth it. It looks cool and gives

a "Ruthless kill" bonus if your mid >10 combo, but you don't need that. So it

really depends on if your low on health or not. If you are, Minigame them for

the invincibility during the game. If you have health to spare then you can kill

them normally. Their that close to death anyway.

Harpies:

Gorgon:

-Like minotaurs, get a gorgon down 80% and they minigame. This minigame is much

harder then the minotaurs however. You really should get as good at it as you

can though. To finish the minigame you must match the onscreen commands. These

are rotations of the left anolog stick. Either two or three rotations. One half

rotation and a full rotation, or two half rotations followed by a full rotation.

This will yield mana orbs. A necessity sometimes but not always. It's up to you

whether to minigame or not.

Cerberus Seeds:

Wraiths:

Sirens:

-They minigame twice. The first time you slam their head into the ground and

throw them. They release Magic or Health depending on what you need. The second

time you stab both blades into them and slam them into the ground, killing them.

It really shortens an already hard fight.

~~~~~Mid-Weight Enemies:~~~~~

Minotaurs:

-All minotaurs get a minigame when their approxamitely 80% dead. Do it

EVERYTIME! You always need more health. And Invincibility. Even with full health

you can use this game as a break from the rigors of battling minotaurs. To win

this minigame mash the ( ) button until the minotaur dies. You must press the

( ) button VERY quickly to win this. Just put the controller on your thigh and

use your index or middle finger to tap the button fast enough.

Cerberus':

-These minigame just for the heck of it. It does a regular amount of damage and

offers the invincibility of the animation. Whether or not it will kill the enemy

is a toss up. This should always be played however.

Centaurs:

-These minigame twice. The first time you throw the centaur. The second time you

chop them and kill them. These minigames are somewhat necessary. The first will

yeild a minimal but helpful amount of health or magic orbs. The second just

kills them. Plain and simple. Just do it.

Satyrs:

-No minigame because they can be grabbed at anytime. However to win this grapple

you must abuse the ( ) button to win. Keep mashing and you throw them. Not

really the best form of action against them.

~~~~~Heavy Enemies:~~~~~

Spikeball Cyclopses:

-These Cyclopses minigame once and you should take the opportunity. It kills

them very quickly and looks cool to boot. This minigame encompasses following

on screen button combinations that must be pressed very quickly to yeild a full

kill.

Curved Mallet Cyclopses:

-These will minigame anywhere from two to three times. The first one or two

just involve pressing ( ) button when the prompt appears. Kratos slams the

cyclops' head into the ground. Be sure to roll back after this because they do a

shockwave stomp directly after. After the one or two of these you get the same

prompt but it kills it outright.

Spiked Mallet Cyclopses:

-Very similar to the Spikeball Cyclops. It's minigame will start at about 70%

and you should take it. The Minigame is the same as the Spikeball Cyclopses

minus one hit. Very quick but the prompts need to be followed very quickly.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Masterkiller103

I have covered NUR now so I'm gonna showcase tactics for challenge of the gods, these tactics i came up with my self so they could suck, or be outdated while some other people came up with better techniques.

NOTE : I added some user posts that I also found to be useful.

Tip: Make sure you have Rage of Gods(L1+R1) for the Final Challenge, not a

necessity but makes it easier. You can use it on other challenges, if you

use it on challenge 8 or earlier, it will recharge by 10.

Tip 2: You cannot save during these so if you quit, you have to start over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge: 1.

Description: Knock 8 enemies off the platform before time runs out. Killing

an enemy will fail the challenge.

Difficulty 1/5

Strategy: There will be 8 undead Legionnaires with magic shields at the

beginning of this. I have found either trying to grab them(O) works well.

Since they have the shields on, you won't actually grab them but you will

push them back a bit.

Or you can also try switching to Artemis Blade(L1+R1), and using Wrath of

Artemis(hold L1+X) Be careful which direction you evade and try to not

get too close to the edges.

Challenge: 2.

Description: Kill all Archers and Undead Soldiers before time runs out.

Difficulty: 3/5

Strategy: There are 4 Large platforms in a square formation with 2

smaller ones in between each one. Each of the big platforms has 4 undead

soldiers(1 with a shield) and 3 on the one you start on. The smaller

platforms in between each have 1 archer on them.

On the big platforms,I had a bit of difficulty with this one at first.

I reccommend you use Plume of Prometheus(Square, Square, Triangle) on

the shield users to get rid of their shields, while using heavy attacks

(Triangle) for the regular ones. A good combo for the undead soldiers is

Spirit of Hercules (Triangle, Triangle, Triangle).

Jump between the platforms and along the small platforms either use

Hermes Rush(press R1 while moving) or grab(O) them and rip them apart

(Triangle). Hermes Rush is quicker but more risky but grabbing them is

safer.

When you get to the third platform or fourth platform, first get rid of

his shield, then select Army of Hades(Up) and use(L2) it. Use light

attacks after you use the magic so you get rid of them quicker. It

Should take out a few archers around.

Ignore the flying Harpies. Dodge attacks when you can.

--

Steve submitted: "for challenge 2, the Lance of the Furies (L1 + O) with

the blades of chaos technique worked pretty well for the undead soldiers.

When you're jumping from the archer platform to the soldier platforms,

they usually rush you and you can both break the shields of the shielded

soldiers and knock some off as well."

My note: I tested this and found this to work well and it made this

challenge considerably easier.

Challenge: 3.

Description: Break all jars in the room before the time runs out.

Difficutly:1/5

Strategy: Shouldn't be much of a problem at all, either move around the

room and use light attacks(Square) or use a fully charged Lance of the

Furies(Hold L1+O)

Challenge: 4.

Description: Kill 4 Minotaurs but none of the Undead Soldiers.

Difficutly: 3/5

Strategy: No time limit so take your time. Evade attacks and evade right

by a Minotaur and use Apollo's Ascension(L1+X) to throw them up into the

air(also hold the buttons so you go into the air also), then either attack

and repeat or Air Grab(O) to slam it back onto the ground. It will bounce

back up and you can repeat until its dead.

If you get a soldier into the air with the Minotaur just wait until you get

back to the ground and try again so you don't risk killing a soldier.

Challenge: 5.

Description: Shoot all of the Undead Soldiers! Do not shoot the Human Soldiers.

Difficutly: 2/5

Strategy: There is no time limit again so take your time, this also decreases

the difficulty on this one a bit. Interact with the bow(R2) and pull back

on the analog stick to charge, once it reaches the end it will automatically

fire so you can't hold it forever.

The undead soldiers will move around the outer circle while 3 Human soldiers

move around a smaller one inside. They all move clockwise. Pick a Undead

soldier(whichever one) and watch it, once it gets to around 1 or 2 o'clock

(around the northeast), start pulling back. Experiment a bit and you should

get the timing and this one will be easy.

Challenge: 6.

Description: Reach the center of the end platform before time runs out.

Difficutly: 4/5

Strategy: There are 2 sets of platforms moving left and right. Every other

platform has a archer, and the last one has 4. They all use exploding arrows

that will knock you back. If you get hit while in the air, your dead, if you

get knocked off the side of a platform with a archer on it, he will probably

hit you off before you get a chance to get back on.

There isn't much time in this one so speed is essential, I reccomend either

Just running and jumping all the way to the end(this will take a few tries

since it depends more on luck) or using Hermes Rush(R1) to take out the archers.

Although its risky because you don't have much space on the smaller platforms.

--

MediusNacht submitted: "When jumping onto a platform that has an archer on

it, use the air Hermes Rush (R1 in the air, does a side-kick downward). Since

it auto-targets enemies on the ground"

Challenge: 7.

Description: Kill all of the enemies while not getting hit.

Difficutly: 2/5

Strategy: This one is easier than it sounds, first the time limit is

generous so you shouldn't have a problem from that side. Primarily use

Plume of Prometheus from a distance(Square, Square, Triangle) while evading

into open spaces constantly. You can also use Lance of the Furies(hold L1+O)

while in the air if you want.

--

Mr Floppy TankMage submitted: "medusa's gaze is made available, using it made

the challenge a lot easier for me"

Challenge: 8.

Description: Kill all the enemies.

Difficutly: 5/5

Strategy: Much harder than it sounds. You have to fight wave after wave of

undead soldiers and waves of 4 gorgons at a time. You also can't use magic.

The key to winning this? Evading a lot!... A LOT!!! Evade whenever A gorgon

is trying to stone you(indicated by the red beam) and try to dodge attacks.

Your primary tactic should be to use Lance of the furies(hold L1+O) while in

the air, keep doing this and this will eventually finish the battle. By the way

this one takes a while, so it will probably take the longest of all the

challenges.

If you ever do turn to stone, use your palm to quickly rotate the left analog

stick to get out of it, you can get out of it in most situations. I have found

that there is one un-avoidable death after you land Lance of the Furies, there

will be some time before you can move again and sometimes a gorgon will stone

you before you can, but usually you can evade it too.

Once the undead soldiers are gone this should be easy, just finish off the

gorgons with whatever combo you want.

>>I have heard some people have trouble finishing the gorgons alone after the

soldiers are gone. Personally health has never been a issue for me on this

one. Lance of the Furies should work fine again even after the soldiers are

gone. You can block every one of the gorgons melee attacks. They dodge

before they attack. They also don't take much hits to defeat. You can lift

them in the air with apollo's ascension(L1+X) and keep using L1+x while in

the air and that should finish them easily also.

--

Matt Jirgal submitted: "with this one, things go a tad faster if you do L1+O

in mid air in the middle to spread everyone out, and then use it near the

edges where theres somone between you and the edge, this will send them off

the edge."

Challenge: 9.

Description: Kill all Cyclops before time runs out.

Difficutly: 1/5

Strategy: Unlike challenge 8, this one should be fairly easy, just evade or

block the Satyrs and dodge the cyclop's attack when you see him starting one.

Use Spirit of Hercules (Triangle, Triangle, Triangle) or to Plume of Prometheus

(Square, Square, Triangle) to kill the Cyclops from a distance. Shouldn't be

hard at all.

Challenge: 10.

Description: Kill enemies to make the platform rise. Reach the top platform.

Difficutly: 5/5 without rage of the gods, 4/5 with it

Strategy: First of all I hope you have Rage of the Gods for this because it

makes it quite easier, not a necessity but it helps.

Jump to the 2nd platform, the problem with this is it is hard to evade since

you don't have that much space. However, if you use Achilles flip(X after

evade) after evading its easier to maintain your position on the platform.

You can also try tapping block constantly when you see the Satyr going for

a attack(indicated by a purple trail) or Try to evade only when you are fairly

close to the edge and evade towards another edge. There are 2 respawning

Satyrs and 3 Cerberus puppies(aww so cute o.O) that will keep respawning

qas you kill them.

Each time you kill anything, the platform you are on will rise, jumping back

will make it go back down. Your goal is to keep killing until you can jump

onto the top platform.

You will primarily be using 2 attacks here, mainly Hercules combo (Square,

Square, then hold Square) and Lance of the Furies(Hold L1+O) while in the air.

Use Rage of the Gods(R3+L3) at any point if you have it charged, and just

use Square to attack. This should finish off a lot of guys without much

difficulty. Lance of the Furies will knock off all the cerberus pups usually

but it doesn't work at all for the Satyrs.

Another attack strategy for the Satyrs is to lift them into the air with

Appollo's Ascenion(hold L1+X) then attack them with Appollo's Offensive

(hold L1 and press X) while still in the air. I have found this to be

effective.

Keep trying and you will eventually get to the other platform, double-jump to it

once its in range.

--

Cronoeds submitted: I have a strategy for Mission 10 that takes a little bit of

luck, but still makes the mission much easier than usual. Simply use the blade

of Artemis and continually use L1+Triangle move on the ground. Both satyrs and

cerberus puppies are vulnerable to it, and it's a quick one-two punch that can

knock several enemies off the platform per attack.

My note: I also found using (hold Triangle) while in the air after double-

jumping to work well with the blade of artemis. Or just holding Triangleto get

into the air also.

--

h8uthemost submitted: Using Achilles flip, press Triangle while still in the

air, and he performs a strong attack downward. Takes some patience and time,

but not much risk.

--

Menno Rutten submitted:"constantly use the evade move (preferably towards

the center of theplatform) followed by (X) and then (L1+Square). Before you

even touch theground again, you should already use the right analog stick

again to evade.You can repeat this infinitely, although that takes a little

practice (you have to get used to the constant rolling).

Advantages of this strategy are that:

1; you won't get hit at all

2; you'll never fall off

In other words, you can't fail with this, only if you take a slight pause in

your constantly repeating chain of evade-strikes. Also, avoid accidentally

pressing (L1+Square) twice in a row because it will leave you vulnerable. If

that happens, block immediately and then evade again as soon as possible,

followed by (X).

You CAN evade by the edges of the platform, unlike you said in your guide.

You won't ever fall off. Just make sure you tap (X) to get in the air in the

opposite direction. Knowing that gave me a lot more freedom on that little

platform."

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 MrStarkiller

>CotG

Wright has played this more than I in recent times (for his meme modded sessions). Actually, Wulf has apparently been speedrunning it. Might want to check that business out (as I still need to). This aside from Zim and the others, obviously.

>covered NUR
Have you?

>came up with in a vacuum

That right?

>RotG

Mostly something one might employ for speeding up CotG8 (if not sealing CotG10 lazily). Things learned from Wright's datamining should be useful to the ends of regathering the stuff (1RP for each time you break-out of statue state if I remember right **100RP is full bar**). If left alone with a single SGA, you could just lazily allow yourself to be afflicted with the status proc, escape and repeat until near enough to full to have it for when you want it next. Wouldn't be fast (at all), but it would make use of an easy win (closer) to enable another.

>false OS shoving

Standard, yes. I forget if you get away with killing them if they fall off the platform during the DMG kill animation. Think so. Can bug out their shields (360 toss in close for knockback, slap as they spawn or RotG (chain blade uniques) strike through their guard) for grappling without busting their signature tool (doing this to one, then sending him flying at the others can be a fine way to get RO on all parties if done wisely).

>or Arty jump special

Without spell canceling, even? Curious choice. Simple spam of thrusts (R1) even without the light ender extending it makes more sense to me. I imagine, with spell cancel (Zf in particular), light special would also be alright to this end. Probably not a great idea to bust shields just to try going for Homerun techniques, OH redirect, etc.

>opps for CotG2

We get a lot of low level foes (typically) in here (already set to default N with the OP version of the Blades *though often denied spells*).

>recommend PoP

I suppose (for time), instant MAX air LotF makes more sense when finishing up a given bit (what with the long recovery). Still have the options from before.

>t,t,t

Just raw or out of evade, off s1 (light starter), post Dash or what? I suppose you're more looking to directly kill than let the stage hazard do work (given our dps).

>grab is safer

Is it? No i-frames until you pick one and explosives tend to ignore them anyway. Other foes struggle to catch us on the islands (birbs can't carry bomber from one to the next). I feel like (without just looking at values) the output of quick Bravery would kill mere CA whilst wielding P 100% Athena's Blades (5.0). Or were they just UA? I forget. I know they're not HA.

>AoH coming out later

What order are we doing, anyway? CW or CCW? I tend to go with the latter. We saving the first platform for last or doing it straight away?

>light attacks while they're being bounced around

Why light?

>ignore birbs

Well, don't go out of your way to kill them, at least. They don't count towards victory.

>worked well

Probably don't want to land the shockwave while they're spawning in (don't think it'll cause knockback).

>waltz around with lights

Doable for PAIN, but not especially fast. Rush into s1 (maybe s2) tends to be better.

>or LotF

A solution that can work with the right placements. Better to wrap this up with, I'd say (timer stops the moment the last breaks).

>AA advocacy

Ayyy.

>hold the button for pursue

Not needed with that jump special (auto-rise type).

>attack or

Not recommended generally.

>air OS infinite

More sensible. Or just dunk for RO.

>wait when getting a zambow too

Shouldn't be an issue if going for aerial throws, really.

>CotG5

Little need be said other than when to pull back (for release). The position noted suits me fine. Amusing when people use long jumps to get over there (to kill the 'soldiers' more directly *or Wulf's cheat to blast them*).

>just YOLO for CotG6

Amusing. Not super necessary to get fancy with 'leading' shots, I suppose. Don't think even RotG can help with ignoring the hit reaction to being shot when in the air (I know our wall traversal state jobs to hits *grounded and rope do alright with tanking*).

>MG in CotG7

Easy to neglect these options.

>keep away with PoP and/or LotF

Really, you can do as with CotG4 (again). Arty still has the option to Homerun things (or shred *more sensible for the lesser enemies*). Tricking can help make it safer (spell cancel even help with dps). Break AI, too. Temporarily, anyway. Means a bit more for the next one. Surprised you would settle for t0 over t3 (or even s6 for RO *perhaps off Hades Reverse or Hermes Thrust*).

>evade a lot

To a degree being hyper aggressive works (spam LotF *also RotG tanking as with TotF though you might be better off with R1,s for RO*). SS from Arty can be a game changer.

>takes awhile

Yeah, they didn't make the output of their grabs proportional (as is usually done), so it is a bit of a slower option. Better to go with RO. Even DMG killing isn't the fastest choice (outside modding to E Tyco or something silly).

>can get caught in LotF recovery

Have to take care, yes. Having RotG as an Ace in the Hole (or Get out of Jail Free card) is good for that scenario.

>beat to death with AO

Wouldn't recommend outside of going for hit count (to get EXP).

>evade or block

Or trick (or bodyblock *let the big boy keep his fellows behind his fat ass*). You can bug this bit, too. Certain kill types cause a goat to NOT respawn. If done near enough to when the other was done in this way, you can be rid of both. Something Wright and I were testing (from an old speedrun showing I remembered seeing).

>RotG for CotG10

What would you recommend, specifically (during said super state)?

>hard to evade

So don't. Block/parry, trick, pursue, etc.

>AF

It finally turned up, eh?

>purple trail cue

Not always going to happen, you would find. Could just AI break and slap them to death, I suppose. I prefer Spike focus (especially going after goats) or ground OS (mostly for RO *using Seeds*). It is a classic to do AA into AO and/or air LotF, certainly. Have to use it wisely.

>Might getting some rep

Lovely. Happy for it.

>not skipping straight to it

>using the flail

Surprising choice.

>light string spam with RotG

Noted.

>doesn't work at all on the fauns

Are you sure about that?

>hold triangle (T) with Arty in the air

There is no air T. Just air t(1).

>air Bravery

Not sure that would do too much.

>AF to AO spam

Cute. Also cute? Bugged 'Spike' (bouncing the super sheep off the platform like stones skipping over water). Not so cute? Being slapped while trying to pull up on the platform, being tossed to 'ground' over nothing (Looney Tunes) or extreme block push (sending us flying over the edge and unable to catch ourselves).