Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts
whoa, don't be throwing the name spartan around man, it's reserved for warriors only. yayah you've found the right person to start flaming with man...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
back to topic: does anyone know good tactics to handle those banshees? (that's their name right?)
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

Sirins..

~Try the tactics already posted (of course you'll have to filter the ones that aren't possible on a NUR)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 evanescfan

wierd. i thought u updated the first post everytime :? oh well. here i go.......

edit: ok found them thanx, altho i have to say they weren't new to me. anyway it's not like i'll see them again in the walkthru

the Orion's Harpoon, it's the square triangle thingy, yes?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 the-creeper

I split the original post in 1/2 to make more room for the various monsters/bosses.

If none of those were new and you just hadn't thought to employ the knowledge..then I am amazed. 

"Square, Triangle" is simply a 3 hit combo using medium, strong (2 hit) as a beginner to practically any combo or just to bounce an enemy for positioning. 

The game's in-game menu tells you the move names should you just cycle w/ R1 and L1.  Orion's Harpoon is done from the ground w/ a tap of O to an airborne enemy (slamming them back to the ground)

~They tell you the various names of the basic moves/combos

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 evanescfan
thanx. i posted this tactic in another thread but i thought i'd post it here best way to kill a centaur: jump infront of him, (not so high) then press triangle, once he bounces, infinite grapple him, till the O icon appears, press it, then jump and trianglle again. keep an eye on the other centaurs while tapping the grabbing button, if anyone roars and lefts his front legs, prepare to roll away from his arc once u touch the ground for any reasons
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Soulxxx
there are some flaws in this tactic... remember those b*tches are archers too.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the-creeper

It is just a tactical tip..the part about using the blood pool for cover when they start going crazy for arrow raep was an "understood extra" amirite?

~I'll add in CotGs to the mix and the jump (double jump *Icarus Lift*) to triangle tactic

I'm wondering...what should be call the air triangle attack?..the uppercut technique (Ascension) takes its name from the L1+X attack (Apollo's Ascension)...and the aireal L1+X attack (Apollo's Offensive) has a similiar effect when compaired to the aerial triangle attack so I'm thinking we should call it...."Offensive" or "Aerial Offensive"..perhaps the opposite...just "Dissension" 

What say you?  What shall we call the airborne triangle attack?

1. Offensive

2. Aerial Offensive

3. Dissension

--I like the sound of Dissension so 3 works for me

"Jump/Icarus Lift to Dissension" is what the combo would sound like

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Soulxxx
how about Offenisve Air Slam or OAS for short?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 the-creeper

how about Offenisve Air Slam or OAS for short?Soulxxx

I have a problem with calling what it does "Slam"..by any stretch of the word.  Sounds more like the aerial grapple for most enemies.  There is no grappeling (or something resembling it) involved.

~It has a "double axe handle" effect when it hits but that doesn't qualify for a slam

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Soulxxx
Aerial Double!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the-creeper

Aerial Double!!Soulxxx

Double what exactly?  I'd stick closer to the style of naming used in the game.

~I hate names like "Death Bounce" made up by f*cktarded GameFAQ members who can't keep things straight (the names of most attacks are already available in the menu...I wish I had my manuel with me *Brett forgot to put it back when he returned the game* )

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Soulxxx

I have it! but what's in the manual? I mean, are the moves names written there?

EDIT: just found a small error in the manual.

it says R1 ----------- Hercules Stomp.

ROFL... I'm pretty sure it's Hermes, amirite?

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 the-creeper

I have it! but what's in the manual? I mean, are the moves names written there?

EDIT: just found a small error in the manual.

it says R1 ----------- Hercules Stomp.

ROFL... I'm pretty sure it's Hermes, amirite?

Soulxxx

TOTALULZ (air version *Hermes Stomp* ground version *Hermes Rush*)

~Post in some other topics so we can get things moving around here

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Soulxxx
like I said, SCHOOL!! lets start a discussion about tactics for CotG...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 evanescfan
there are some flaws in this tactic... remember those b*tches are archers too.Soulxxx
yeah but i'm invincible as long as i'm grappling themm in air for infinity

It is just a tactical tip..the part about using the blood pool for cover when they start going crazy for arrow raep was an "understood extra" amirite?

~I'll add in CotGs to the mix and the jump (double jump *Icarus Lift*) to triangle tactic

I'm wondering...what should be call the air triangle attack?..the uppercut technique (Ascension) takes its name from the L1+X attack (Apollo's Ascension)...and the aireal L1+X attack (Apollo's Offensive) has a similiar effect when compaired to the aerial triangle attack so I'm thinking we should call it...."Offensive" or "Aerial Offensive"..perhaps the opposite...just "Dissension" 

What say you?  What shall we call the airborne triangle attack?

1. Offensive

2. Aerial Offensive

3. Dissension

--I like the sound of Dissension so 3 works for me

"Jump/Icarus Lift to Dissension" is what the combo would sound like

the-creeper
me too. dissension is the sexiest :P
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Soulxxx
they can still hit you, even if you grapple... or maybe it was just a glitch I dunno.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 evanescfan
they can still hit you, even if you grapple... or maybe it was just a glitch I dunno.Soulxxx
trust me; they can't, even if i'm not grappling, they always miss me as long as i'm airborne
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 the-creeper

It is rare for a grapple to get disrupted (outside of the "set up" for Undead *holding them by their neck* since it is just a preliminary grapple before the finish)...Grapples on gorgons are the most commonly interupted grapple for me (physical attack ONLY)..though this is still rare in the long run.

~I'll start discussing CotG with you guys upon returning from College in about 7 hours

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Soulxxx
actually, I will be here in 7 hours... (College for 7 hours? zOMG...)
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 the-creeper

Well that just works out great doesn't it?

~I won't be giving many (if any) full strategies for challenges..just tips/tactics for now

---If you wish to discuss one or more..then by all means do so while I edit my post (call it pre-emptive responding...just say what you would do and we'll discuss the matter)

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Soulxxx
-The first challange, I believe it had something to do with knocking the shieldsman off the platform with out killing them. there is one absolute way to do it in 20 seconds or even less, but I want to see if you know it, first. yOu shOuld knOw it. -Then there was another challange with the pots to break... believe it or not, I use Hermes Rush to break them all. just keep tapping R1 and using the analog stick to... you know. more will come as soon as I remember them... you have to refresh my memory...
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 the-creeper

-The first challange, I believe it had something to do with knocking the shieldsman off the platform with out killing them. there is one absolute way to do it in 20 seconds or even less, but I want to see if you know it, first. yOu shOuld knOw it.

-Then there was another challange with the pots to break... believe it or not, I use Hermes Rush to break them all. just keep tapping R1 and using the analog stick to... you know.

more will come as soon as I remember them... you have to refresh my memory... Soulxxx

I see you have taken a liking to hinting...simply kawaii (I don't even have to answer that since the quOte in of itself is the answer).

Hermes Fury you mean (R1 R1 R1)...I like using that myself but doing it without using lance of the furies for the final strike...that bores me (though it is more efficient to stem away from the flashy attacks unless they don't suck)

~Consider your memory refreshed "V"..I left some bare so many suggestion can be thrown in and others I made quite a few suggestions for...not surpisingly the ones with less interesting combat get the least of my attention.

---I don't like giving assistance for Puzzles or Platforming very much *I take little to no pleasure in these activities* RED is my color..

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 evanescfan
yeah i see sonme flaws in those tactics as well. :? i understand what u mean with the R1 soul, but does that really break shields?! thats new :|
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Soulxxx
When you try to grab an undead shieldsman it will knock him back, thus throwing him off the platform. I was talking about the challange where you have to break all the pots in 20 seconds... it's best to use R1 R1... R1. believe me.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 evanescfan
[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]When you try to grab an undead shieldsman it will knock him back, thus throwing him off the platform. I was talking about the challange where you have to break all the pots in 20 seconds... it's best to use R1 R1... R1. believe me.

oh yeah, that! yes i believe u that's what i did. altho i'd also suggest to stray away from combos, just keep doing a 1-hit then run to the next. that's what stuckgamer did
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the-creeper

Roll to Hermes Rush (R1): best way to move quickly when not on a NUR and using BoC

-figured this myself (widely known throughout the web..for some reason this is supposed to be an elite manuever...how silly)

Roll to X/[  ]/triangle with BoC/Artemis:  Good for NURs since Artemis can't use the "Roll to Hermes Rush" trick and neither can lvl1 BoC.  Not as easy to manuever with but practically the same speed.  When you have level 4 BoC or higher you gain Achilles Flip which makes using X as the modifier difficult so I use [  ] in its place at that point.

-learned from ballofsnow (through watching NOT reading)

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 evanescfan

actually i roll to square in a NUR. worked wonders for me

edit: here's my Ares1 tactics on a NUR godmode:

first, AoH.

then run up to him, he should use his hammer smash thingy, simply double jump once he raises his hammer, and hold down L1; that way u'll miss out the smash, and block the swing on your way down.

after that stay as close as u can to him for the rest of the fight. if u wonder off, he'll come running to u and repeating the smash. and u'll simply repeat the dodge

use AoH whenever they end. don't save magic for anything else....at all!!

ALL other attacks are bloackable, u just have to learn when to hold back your combo and block till he finishes his attack then go back to pawning the fool

ALWAYS start you combo with square traingle, then repetedly tap square till u have to block

NEVER use BoA...i know; it's wierd!

when u havn't enough magic for AoH, keep on the hit and block strategy till u get enough magic orbs to turn on the pain again.....they r the key to your scucces here, never use magic for anything else here

remmeber to stay close the whole time.

dodge-roll flame balls as usual, bla,bla,bla...i would suggest another AoH if possible before he gets up there. make use of the time, don't just dodge, be offensive as well.

eventually the sweet "O" icon will appear.........DON'T RUSH! keep comboing him till u have a satisfactory amount of health and magic for the upcoming clones. never mind if the icon dissapears, u'll just repeat the normal work, combo,block,combo, till it reappears.....no harm done

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 the-creeper

first, AoH.

then run up to him, he should use his hammer smash thingy, simply double jump once he raises his hammer, and hold down L1; that way u'll miss out the smash, and block the swing on your way down.

after that stay as close as u can to him for the rest of the fight. if u wonder off, he'll come running to u and repeating the smash. and u'll simply repeat the dodge

ALL other attacks are bloackable, u just have to learn when to hold back your combo and block till he finishes his attack then go back to pawning the fool

ALWAYS start you combo with square traingle, then repetedly tap square till u have to block

when u havn't enough magic for AoH, keep on the hit and block strategy till u get enough magic orbs to turn on the pain again.....they r the key to your scucces here, never use magic for anything else here

dodge-roll flame balls as usual, bla,bla,bla...i would suggest another AoH if possible before he gets up there. make use of the time, don't just dodge, be offensive as well.

eventually the sweet "O" icon will appear.........DON'T RUSH! keep comboing him till u have a satisfactory amount of health and magic for the upcoming clones. never mind if the icon dissapears, u'll just repeat the normal work, combo,block,combo, till it reappears.....no harm done

evanescfan

I agree with most everything here.  I just wait till the last second on his "Hammertime" attack and roll back (like the Hydra it will clip and miss *this include the shockwave if you time it right* ) then foward (you'll be in his face again just after his second swing).  I'm not afraid of using Artemis on him though it is well known for poor blocking mechanics.

BoC just makes it too easy for me since I've long since mastered the blocks/parrys

-When I have time I'll come back and give my full strategy for Ares1 on God Mode NUR

~I too like to hit him in the face with AoH when he goes airborne (smug pr*ck throwing fireballs at me from above)

---I know of how to get a huge chunk of damage off of him near the beginning of the fight using Artemis, AoH and PR as a team (causing massive floods of Magic orbs the perpetuate my attack play for a long time and gives me full magic for when I'm ready to press the attack again)..I'll cover that later

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 evanescfan
[QUOTE="evanescfan"]

first, AoH.

the-creeper

I agree with most everything here.  I just wait till the last second on his "Hammertime" attack and roll back (like the Hydra it will clip and miss *this include the shockwave if you time it right* ) then foward (you'll be in his face again just after his second swing).  I'm not afraid of using Artemis on him though it is well known for poor blocking mechanics.

BoC just makes it too easy for me since I've long since mastered the blocks/parrys

-When I have time I'll come back and give my full strategy for Ares1 on God Mode NUR

~I too like to hit him in the face with AoH when he goes airborne (smug pr*ck throwing fireballs at me from above)

---I know of how to get a huge chunk of damage off of him near the beginning of the fight using Artemis, AoH and PR as a team (causing massive floods of Magic orbs the perpetuate my attack play for a long time and gives me full magic for when I'm ready to press the attack again)..I'll cover that later

actually i did that magic-team-up at first, but things got really messy and i couldn't see him charging a blow. but i agree it does take a good chunk at first
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Soulxxx

*sigh* you two boneheads waste mana (sorry, 'MAGIC') for something so stupid lol

--just zap him once with ZF when he goes up and he'll go down in no time! he won't even shoot... that way you can do AOH immediately after he lands, and keep attacking him.

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 evanescfan
[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]*sigh* you two boneheads waste mana for something so stupid lol just zap him once with ZF when he goes up and he'll go down in no time! he won't even shoot... that way you can do AOH immediately after he lands, and keep attacking him.

a lvl one ZF can do that? well, even if it does, i think it'll consume more magic than it deserves
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 the-creeper

[QUOTE="Soulxxx"]*sigh* you two boneheads waste mana for something so stupid lol just zap him once with ZF when he goes up and he'll go down in no time! he won't even shoot... that way you can do AOH immediately after he lands, and keep attacking him.evanescfan
a lvl one ZF can do that? well, even if it does, i think it'll consume more magic than it deserves

Yes, a lvl1 Zf WILL take him out of the sky...I just choose the hard path to keep things interesting (since beating him is no big deal...for the clones...if there was a way..I would do it no matter how lowly the tactic)

~TRUTH (I didn't add the Zf thing to Ares1 did I?...I'll have to do that with credit to Soul (you still haven't proposed a new nickname) since he is the first to bring it up.....

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Soulxxx
I have. GodMode... Soul! nice, eh? :)
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 evanescfan
GMS. cool.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 the-creeper

It's like PMS..but with a "G" in the "P's" place...

~lulz

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Soulxxx
I was hoping no one would notice that :| thanks alot man, now I gotta think of something else...
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 evanescfan
say what's PMS anyways?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 the-creeper

I was hoping no one would notice that :| thanks alot man, now I gotta think of something else...Soulxxx

GodModeGOD has served his purpose (LULZNEVARPHAILS..also schadenfreude)

say what's PMS anyways?evanescfan

THIS *got a question..just Wiki it..can't get the answer there..well too bad!  Internet is for pr0n*

~I wonder if there is much else to add to the topic...aside from CotG updates to be made of course...fell free to make comments for each challenge...since I have little intention of describing the "Arrow Launching" challenge I'll use practically any suggestion with credit to its user