daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#151 daorack
Member since 2005 • 4344 Posts

Decision is made. This thread will continue. On the first, if this thread is not done, it will continue, but I'll make a new WIOTW anyway.

By the way, excellent ideas. Although I havnt actually seen him use a wind based attack...he did use shadows, and dont forget the color-call game. But also. Remember. Those are not what his "abilities" are so much as what his zanpakutou likes to play as a game. in other words. we have no idea how far shunsui's power really goes, if his zanpakutou gets serious and stops playing games. Which might be why ukitake told him that not using his bankai was probably a good idea.

In other words. No wonder shunsui has to be so badass in his sealed and shikai state. He cant AFFORD to not be. Even though he has bankai, he cant use it, because its apparently deadly dangerous to himself, not just his opponents, and apparently a horrible sight to see to boot. Judging by the cruel games his zanpakutou likes to play in shikai, I'm going to guess that its a vicious, terrible force to reckon with when its in bankai.

Mayuri, other than his science, is also obsessed with control. What if he rigged the zanpakutou so that shunsui could control it better?! He could CHOOSE which game to play, and even whent he rules even apply!!! Meaning. He can say. "You can only cut a color *I* call! You dont get to call!" :O

Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 Nickoleru
Member since 2010 • 1368 Posts
I'm glad to see that this thread is being continued. Honestly I haven't been following bleach series for some time so I don't know the 'colour game' thing or any other attacks Shunshui used in his battle with Stark.:P
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

Make it so the "players'" wills can also effect the game, much like the orb can manifest the desires of the hearts around it. The Zanpakuto could draw upon the willpower of those around it in essence and use that to effect the games as it sees fit. Or even have the Zanpakuto affect the physics of the world around it where the game is played in, such as altering the speed, strength, etc. of those winning; or if it wishes to amuse itself it could help those losing to prolong the game.

So those with weak wills could effectively be crushed because we know how Mayuri hates weaklings who can't follow through, especially when they work for him. And he could use Shunsui to find those with strong wills which he could use for test subjects especially if they're odd/new foes with odd/new powers or abilities.

And if Shunsui were to ever use it on Mayuri, the Zanpakuto could be tinkered with so that there was another side effect of a chance that the Zanpakuto could randomly destroy itself sometime during the games.

Avatar image for jooja42animefan
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 jooja42animefan
Member since 2008 • 8011 Posts

Wow those are some interesting ideas Ebbon.  You sure come up with awesomely deep concepts in these discussions.

I'm not sure what else I could come up with for Shunsui's abilities when it comes to modifications that our resident Mad Scientist would possibly do to either hinder him or to enhance him... tis definately something to ponder on further before I make some suggestions... but not too much since this is supposed to be a weekly topic per Captain being "modified".  

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 daorack

nah, since the decision to run another thread anyway even if this one is still ongoing on the first, there's no longer a rush, as long as there are posts. I'll move it to the next capt when it gets stale, but as long as new ideas keep comming in I'll let it go as long as ppl like, so its not a set length for this one anymore.

excellent ideas for shunsui, he really has a lot of potential for tweaking and playing around with, even without his bankai. shunsui is ten tons of win right here. does anyone else have anything left to help mayuri work on his victim...er...test subject....er...."patient"? XD

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Ebbon_Valentia
As a fellow wise@ss...I suggest Mayuri make it so Shunsui's suffers when he drinks alcohol? That would be a huge dent in Shunsui's social life since it usually revolves around peacefully drinking sake. Tsk tsk tsk weak stomach! :lol::P
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 optimuserik
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

Haha , I actually thought about that too .

Let's increase that ... maybe in a more positive way .

*thinks,,,hmmm

Sake is alcohol ...blabla ... so it makes hangovers . What if he uses it as an efect that would actually make Shunsui more serious , the tummy aches would be multiplied a LOT and Shunsui would actually become a fine gentleman . Pretty much hard to imagine actually .

That would be the fun part , but you gave me better ideas with the alcohol .

What if he becomes overpowered when he drinks sake ? it would be nice , increased agility , reaction time , strenght and such . AND what is important he WONT get drunk . That would mean huge tweaking in the intestins and brain by Mayuri .

The alcohol becomes absorbed slightly differently , it will not go to the brain as "poison" that makes you "detached" from the world , but instead it goes to the parts of the brain that controll the muscles and other battle important organs .They become enhanced , giving extra speed , strenght, reiatsu ( from an unknown organ XD ) , reaction time , perception etc ... and making him able to win without dangerous games .

Beside making muscles stronger , the MUSCELS could become " deteched " from the pain ( not from the body XD ) , they wont transmit any information to the brain ( even if this is made through nerves , not muscles ) , making it imposible to feel pain . But as a side-effect he wont be able to feel when he hits an enemy . That can be bad because he is not sure he missed , the enemy blocked the atack or that he actually hit the target . This would need aditional training from Shunsui , because he needs to actually watch the enemy much more and basicaly guess the atacks outcome .

Other fun modification:

In adition the brain could be tweaked so that he becomes Mayuri's "minion" while he drinks sake , activating an implant in his brain that reacts to the molecules of alcohol upon absorbing it . And he forgets everything when he becomes sober .

That means free AND obedient test subject for Mayuri :D

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Ebbon_Valentia

Haha , I actually thought about that too .

Let's increase that ... maybe in a more positive way .

*thinks,,,hmmm

Sake is alcohol ...blabla ... so it makes hangovers . What if he uses it as an efect that would actually make Shunsui more serious , the tummy aches would be multiplied a LOT and Shunsui would actually become a fine gentleman . Pretty much hard to imagine actually .

That would be the fun part , but you gave me better ideas with the alcohol .

What if he becomes overpowered when he drinks sake ? it would be nice , increased agility , reaction time , strenght and such . AND what is important he WONT get drunk . That would mean huge tweaking in the intestins and brain by Mayuri .

The alcohol becomes absorbed slightly differently , it will not go to the brain as "poison" that makes you "detached" from the world , but instead it goes to the parts of the brain that controll the muscles and other battle important organs .They become enhanced , giving extra speed , strenght, reiatsu ( from an unknown organ XD ) , reaction time , perception etc ... and making him able to win without dangerous games .

Beside making muscles stronger , the MUSCELS could become " deteched " from the pain ( not from the body XD ) , they wont transmit any information to the brain ( even if this is made through nerves , not muscles ) , making it imposible to feel pain . But as a side-effect he wont be able to feel when he hits an enemy . That can be bad because he is not sure he missed , the enemy blocked the atack or that he actually hit the target . This would need aditional training from Shunsui , because he needs to actually watch the enemy much more and basicaly guess the atacks outcome .

Other fun modification:

In adition the brain could be tweaked so that he becomes Mayuri's "minion" while he drinks sake , activating an implant in his brain that reacts to the molecules of alcohol upon absorbing it . And he forgets everything when he becomes sober .

That means free AND obedient test subject for Mayuri :D

optimuserik

LMFAO I like this new guy! :lol:

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 dancingbeatle
Member since 2006 • 20951 Posts
Does anyone what to guess what game Takaoni would be played as? What if when playing Kageoni Shunsui could reshape the shadows to other weapons, items, etc. Using them as though they were the real thing.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 daorack
Oh, simmilar to that bounto guy? nice....
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 jooja42animefan

Hmm, I haven't read much about he Bountos in a longtime lol... so I can say that I'm not sure which one you're referring to Dao.  But suffice it to say that each one of them had an interesting ability.  

I think it would be interesting to see Shunsui have an ability similar to the oldman bounto with the whale doll...how he was able to go through dimensions and appear out of nowhere. Imagine if Shunsui was able to do that with shadows only the attacks would be dimensional instead of just using shadows. Now that would be pretty hazardous to the person going up against him ... O_o

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 daorack

excellent ideas everyone!

ok, next runner up is....

TOUSEN! What would he do to tousen?

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 optimuserik

I think I have a pretty good idea. In contradiction of probably most of the people's first thoughts I would not grand him the ability to see. Explanation:

In the story he became absolutely sure that he will be invincible if he gains the ability to see. Thinking that when you actually see you're enemy , you will have greater chances of survival ( this is common sense actually ). He let his guard down and became unaware of the atack that made him die.

Well this is a WHAT IF thing so the story doesn't really matter, what actually matters is the fact that it was a bad thing that his eyes started working.

Minor explanation of why it is good to be blind is that you're other receptive senses become more advanced , and you can notice how much you actually use them without thinking about it . By this I mean that Tousen developed his other senses in such a way that he didn't need eyes to fight, he even became a captain, which needs great strenght. In conclusion the other senses made him more aware of the enemies and he could analyze the situation better.

So what would mean a great change would be the following :

GETTING RID OF THE SENSE OF HEARING !!

He will no longer hear anything , forcing him to pay atention to the few remaining senses even more !

In adition , a great tweak would be welcome in case of losing this sense. Mayuri has enough time , so he will not be satisfied with such a minor modification. He will be happy to make greater , more challenging modifications.

For example his sense of touch could be multiplied to an extent that he will feel the vibrations even in the air, but he will obviously prefer solid (more or less ) ground under his feet because vibrations can be felt better (water is ok too ). From the vibrations with extreme intuition and new fighting experience he will tell the oponents next atacks .

His smelling sense could be amplified too so that he could leterally smell fear , more acuratly smell the proportion of sweat that the enemy produces ( IF the enemy can produce it ) and imply fear and distraction to him , gaining considerable advantage. Seriously , who would not be scared if a blind AND deaf guy will block atacks , and even counterattack.

--

This would be the most radicall changes I can think of .

Other tehnique related enhancements could be traping other enemies in a temporaly imposibility to see and hear , but not in a sphere or whatever , just making them blind and deaf suddenly . They can neither see nor hear their comrades or whatever around them. Normall beings would go insane in just a few minutes, losing such senses that were there all their life makes them think that they are already dead , or in Hell.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 daorack

Please do not try to cover every single possibility in one post. It ruins all possibility for discussion. This is a discussion, not a rant for one person to take over. I mean you no offence, I respect your valliant attempts.

Lets move on to the next captain.

Yes, thats right. HITSU IS NEXT!!

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 optimuserik

Sorry for huge posts ... as always....

---

First of all I would not turn Hitsugaya into anything animal-like ( filler episode >.< )

I kind of lack any ideas to make him better , because he is strong , and the manga ended the arc with Aizen something like ' I have to train to get better ' if I remember corectly . So I don't really know .

But a good improvement would be to atack with the tail while in Bankai ... and it should be able to grow . Perhaps it can be used as a shield ??

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 daorack

Your a little late. He uses his wings as a shield against grimmjow's short lived replacement.

He also uses the tail to attack on a couple occasions.

But perhaps modifications could be done to improve this?

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 optimuserik

Uhh... damn ... how could I forget it ?

*sight

Anyhow I had another idea aswell: What if he 'magically' grows the whole ice dragon Hyorinmaru from his back and it detaches from him . Theyre soul could be linked and they could read eachother's thoughts and be super eficient in battle . Perhaps both could have swords also ??

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ebbon_Valentia
That or whenever Hitsugaya encases an opponent in ice, he could cause more ice formations to grow within the ice already present, allowing him to not have to wait for the ice to break or such to attack again and the opponent can remain immobilized and open for attack?
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 daorack
wow, talk about deadly. Nice ideas ebbon. O_o
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 optimuserik

It is a really great idea indeed , but somehow lacking in posibility , in solid ice summoning more ice ... kinda insane , BUT AWESOME . Note: we are talking about Mayuri , so everything is possible :D

Perhaps the ultimate atack Hyōten Hyakkasō (氷天百華葬, Frozen Heaven Hundred Flower Funeral) could be made that the snow can be spread in a wider area , so improving the number of enemies defeated ( if not 1on1 ) , perhaps other modifications . Note that I would definitely like ebbon's idea fused with this tehnique .

Note : I couldn't resist to put the whole name of tehnique + translation :P

Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 Nickoleru
Member since 2010 • 1368 Posts
And Hitsu's bankai can only last for a short period..Perhaps Mayuri can make his bankai last longer..??
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Ebbon_Valentia

It is a really great idea indeed , but somehow lacking in posibility , in solid ice summoning more ice ... kinda insane , BUT AWESOME . Note: we are talking about Mayuri , so everything is possible :D

Perhaps the ultimate atack Hyōten Hyakkasō (氷天百華葬, Frozen Heaven Hundred Flower Funeral) could be made that the snow can be spread in a wider area , so improving the number of enemies defeated ( if not 1on1 ) , perhaps other modifications . Note that I would definitely like ebbon's idea fused with this tehnique .

Note : I couldn't resist to put the whole name of tehnique + translation :P

optimuserik

It's Bleach buddy. You could call the technique I proposed something like Ikusen-Kiriko Aisuhari "Thousand-Facet Ice Crystal" in that it could spurt so bits and tips poke out of the original ice chunk and eventually form into some kind of perfect, circular-esque diamond and keep having icy "layers" keep building up within but after the "perfect" diamond shape is complete they just layer over each other on the inside. That or maybe something like Shiruba-aisu Reikyuu ("Silver Ice Coffin")?

Also like the Hyoten Hyakkaso ability but it really doesn't need to be combined with my idea as in it's effective in and of itself. But since it's Mayuri he may do it to improve the technique. And in that case instead of having it just immediately cover opponents on the spot - why not have it rain little "flower blossoms" from the heavens like a beautiful snow? Then when they land start to grow up from whatever they touch, whether they land on an opponent or eventually an opponent comes in contact with them. Hell when the towers of flowers are complete they don't melt away immediately, but if an opponent touches one it grows to engulf the foe.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 optimuserik

Awesome *.*

I also had another idea of the Hyoten Hyakkaso. It could be manipulated that when the snow flake ( I would transform it actually in small ice speheres ) touch the ground a dragon Hyorinmaru comes out. Not the winged one , perhaps just the 'chinese dragon' version , but each snow flake counts and the oponent would be covered with several dragons and trapped . Perhaps they could make something while the oponent is traped ?

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 daorack
anyone got a response to this?
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 optimuserik

I actually just got another idea :P

What if the 'stars' on Cpt. Hitsugaya's back could be used as a weapon ? Sacrificing the Bankai period can make a star throw some concentrated ice 'mini-shuriken' at the enemy . They are fast and can easily pierce through an enemy , even more of them if they are placed near the original target.

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 daorack

I know what your talking about, but they are actually flower pedals. He's said so himself. The reason for the shape is to make it simpler. Its supposed to be his guage, so to speak. His bankai's way of telling him "Your bankai is limited right now....this is how much is left."

But, nice idea. Could release all his power into one attack. It'd leave him drained after, but he might take down an enemy more powerful than himself in the process! Nice!

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 dancingbeatle
What if in one of his techniques it caused the opponent(s) to get so cold that they suffered the effects of hyperthermia. Or say if they were externally damaged.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 daorack

Frostbite.

Freezerburn.

Hypothermia. (sp?)

What about a forced cryo stasis? O_o

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 optimuserik

Wow , cryo stasis , now that would be awesome :D.

Besides good idea with frostbite etc. But I think it is already present , but nobody gets so covered in ice long enough to start suffering.

If there are 'direct atacks' that could cause the effect immediatly , they would actually be nice , greatly lowering the oponent's ability to fight .

For example the atack could look like a water when launched and it could transform into a jelly later and envrap the oponent , greatly reducing body temp , or simply causing the effect without scientific reasons ( like most atacks do :P )

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 daorack

NEXT CAPTAIN!! :O

CAPTAIN ZARAKI KENPACHI!!

He's enough of a monster without help. So what kinda monstrous modifications can mayuri perform?
dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 dancingbeatle
This one seems to be more open, we know so little about what Zaraki's zan could do. This and that from what we have been shown so far.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 daorack
which means this can be absolutely epic. Captain Zaraki Kenpachi, the Insane Bloodthirsty Captain! :O
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 optimuserik

Well yes , but it could get crazy in a bad way too .

Here is one for the crazyness : When he gets a wound ( he does let himself being hit a few times ) and blood is visible he releases it and makes it float around his sword untill he strikes .

When he strikes the blood turns into spikes giving the sword more chance to hit .

I think Zaraki would like to play like this with his own blood .

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 dancingbeatle
Imagine if he didn't wear those bells in his hair. That would make it harder to know when he's approaching.
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 optimuserik

Actually I'm not sure he would sneak up on somebody . He is more like : *SOMEBODY GET OVER HERE AND FIGHT !! * . But I get the idea , in the middle of a fight it IS better to hear him before getting hit .

I think if Mayuri would cut his hair ( with the bells too ) he will have a NASTY surprise .

Maybe Mayuri would somehow transmit information to Zaraki's brain so that he will start using Kendo techniques more often. That can be a really nice inprovement .

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 daorack

Or better yet. Mayuri understands the arrancar now, he understands how their "iron skin" stuff works. Perhaps he'd set kenpachi up with a "constant/natural" version of it :O

And to make it better. The more he gets hurt, the more of his power it sucks into his skin to function like this O_o

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 dancingbeatle
Scientifically, how would that work?
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 daorack

same way the arrancar's one did.

as for constantly getting stronger as he takes injuries, his body would react by using a higher percentage of his power for it.

so as he took wounds, his attacks might get weaker, but he'd actually be more difficult to wound again.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 optimuserik

That's a totally weird logic . I understand it , but I really think Zaraki would hate it . He does have an immense amount of power , but it is weird .

At least he WILL survive battles like this , instead of getting cut over and over , he will be less and less . But the atack is a pity . What if it would SUCK reiatsu from the atacker ??? That would solve it I think .

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 daorack
Oh dear god...you want to give that monster *MORE* energy?!
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 optimuserik

If the power is so big that you can't survive when it is near maximum it doesn't really matter if you add to it , you die anyhow XD .

So yes , more :D :D

jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 jooja42animefan

Hmm, I noticed that in the last few posts no one mentioned his Eye Patch... thst is a fairly significant part of Kenpachi...it's what basically keeps his insane power in check.  

What if... along with the modification mentioned about his skin becoming tougher as he receives an injury... if his eye patch were modified so that when his power/strength increases it would slowly transform and be able to be used as an additional weapon O_o ?  Kenpachi could remove it and us it as a throwing weapon of sorts and it would regenerate on his body so that there would always be one to use after it's thrown....  It could also perhaps drain the reiatsu of the target transferring it to Kenpachi as a new patch is generated.

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 dancingbeatle
Than wouldn't that eyepatch have to be even stronger? We know he's not above hand to hand combat.
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 jooja42animefan

That's a good point DB.  Kenpachi is definately not above hand to hand combat normaly as he stands .... BUT if Mayuri modified him that might change slightly.  Meaning he would still go for the hand to hand combat, but he would probably be more willing to use his new abilities to his advantage.  As we all know, he has never really learned the name of his zanpakuto in the anime/manga, so who's to say that by having an ability which allows him to use some long-range attacks that he wouldn't take advantage of that?   I can agree with your statement about his eyepatch needing to be stronger though and this could easily be done in any modifications that Mayuri woud do to him.   

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 optimuserik

I understand what you are saying , but the eye patch would become something different .

Based on what you are saying it would become a manifestation of his Reiatsu , not a tool that holds it back , that's the way in which it can regenerate .

OR he doesn't take it all off , just a part of it and the rest can eat the Reiatsu to regenerate .

Making him able to throw things at oponents sure is interesting , I would expect something more like a Death Boomerang , so that he can use it more , and atacking with melee atacks with both Zanpakutou AND the Eye Patch would also be pretty interesting . And when an oponents decides to escape ... WHAM the Eye Patch will get thrown . NICE :D

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 daorack

Here's something to consider.

He and his zanpakutou clash so much.

What if his zanpakutou is the very kidoh-type that he hates?!

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dancingbeatle
Even more clashing would take place.
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 optimuserik
Well , than it might be why he doesn't use it . Hell , perhaps he KNOWS the name but hates to use it . Mayuri should mess with his brain and make him use it . What atacks could come out from such a monster ?!
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 daorack

no, he doesnt know the name, he said that flat out.

he clashes with it constantly because he refused to believe it was sentient and would have feelings, and insisted on viewing it only as a tool, and that he should fight with his own power. HOWEVER.

I still think it'd be an ironic twist if his zanpakutou was a kidoh based one :O

anyways, what if mayuri rigged the eyepatch to now constantly build up energy, and when he took off the eyepatch, it went off like a nuke...ontop of his usual release of energy. O_o

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 optimuserik

NUKE !! :D awesome . I could really imagine it eating eating then ... bye bye Seireitei XD .

Regarding the Zanpakutou , I'm aware he told it . I wanted to suggest that he lied about it , and he wants to consider it a tool because he hates it .