ENTERTAIMENT LAND. Our Listening, playin & watching.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

We ALL love Castlevania, but once in a while we are able to put the amazing CV games down (over a bed made of silk); and twe ake some other game out of the shelve, remove the dust and have a great gaming outside of CVC world....

Others times we have watched some movie that we would like to recommend to the world or spare the world from it. We may not be able to do so, but at least we can do it to our belove CUU members...

And music, songs that we are probably listening as we type....

So here lets us know.. What are you playing?? What do you recommend for us in this world of Gaming, Movies and Music?? What you would like to save us from?? Or simplely what would you like to share??

Have Fun...

NOTE: ALWAYS please remember to use SPOILER tags.... How to use them? Type [spoiler] blahblahblha[/spoiler*] and remove the *. thx

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
Excellent introduction, Chang! At the moment, I have gotten back into my non-Castlevania games, and have begun to play some of my older, but not forgotten games. A friend of mine gave me a Sega Saturn game for my birthday, and I came to realise that including the game he gave me, I only have two Sega Saturn games. So now, I plan on buying Guardian Heroes sometime next year... have any of you played it? I hear it's a great game.
ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts

I started on Bioshock the other day. I generally despise FPS's, but I'm actually enjoying this.

Saw I am Legend the other day. The ending was... awful. To say the least. But it was worth it, if just to see the full trailer for The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger is starting to look like damn good choice for the Joker.

Currently listening to Around the World by Daft Punk.

Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Conver
Member since 2003 • 3300 Posts

I liked I am Legend from start to finish personally, an enjoyable movie. I agree on The Dark Knight, I am eager to see it since I heard of it a while ago (Heath Ledger does look like an awesome Joker choice too---he looked so sinister, just like the joker). I think Batman Begins is one of my fav. movies.

Been playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness and World of Warcraft (sadly) lately.. and listening to Apartment 26.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I soooooooooo agree about Dark Knight.. and I want to watch that movie so badly, I hope it would live to my (our) hypes. This remake of the trilogy seems to be doing/going great.

@Conver: why sadly?? you do not like WoW. I have never play it, but my bro seems to love the thing.

I am obssess with listening to Kelly Clarkson.... and CV soundtracks, I found the one that I love "Wood Carving Partita" with that title no wonders I always forget :lol: (it does not makes any sence to me :P )

BTW: does anyone know where to get the soundtrack of DXC or the english version of Nocture (have look everywhere)

I`m leveling up in PoR.... I LOVE that GAME :D:D

alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
i have been listening to cv soundtracks as well dance of illusions is pretty cool
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OmegaAce1313
Hey Chang, have you checked (play-asia.com)? I got my copy from there... also you might be pleased to know that the english version of Nocturne and Symphony's new credits song are included in the DXC soundtrack. Awesome.
kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

well, i saw I Am Legend too... i guess about a week ago by now. I liked it. Kinda scary/action/sci-fi all in one. A lot of people said the ending was bad but I didnt mind it. And I agree, also, The Dark Knight trailer looked very good. I thought Batman Begins was great. So finally, Hollywood is able to make good Batman movies... and that trailer for Jumper also looked pretty cool, does anyone remember that?

Anyway, school ended for me like two weeks ago, so I finally got back to playing my games. I've been playing my Tales of Symphonia again. And my Portrait of Ruin again... and even Harmony of Dissonance. Almost done with Portrait. should have been done with that 6 months ago though... i guess i just got too busy. but I did finally complete my enemy encyclopedia and got all items in Dissonance. Yay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Hey Chang, have you checked (play-asia.com)? I got my copy from there... also you might be pleased to know that the english version of Nocturne and Symphony's new credits song are included in the DXC soundtrack. Awesome.OmegaAce1313

yea... I know is in the soundtrack... But Thx dude i did not thought of asia.com :P There is just one soundtrack, right?? I would have to wait until Feb thus to get my hands on it (back in my country I they would never ship here) but is OK, it may be cheaper then (hopefully)

I have to watch that movie (I am legend) and see what all the talk about the ending is about...

I`m playing PoR, I would be starting full schedule sometime this week so want to play as much as possible. Gonna get my stats up one of this days :)

@Kappa: :D cool. I got all GBA to play them in my DS (no emu) so i would do the same eventually

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts

I've been Twilight Princess.Definitely better than Wind Waker imo.Also, a lot of Team Fortress 2.

I have yet to see I am Legend.

ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZeroWingEvil91

Beat Bioshock last night. Yahtzee Crenshaw's complaints about the endings(you either end up a happy flower child, friend to all nature, or an evil wh*re) were pretty much on the spot. The endings suck.

Finished the second case in Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and I've just started on the third. Stupid sexy Godot.

Watched Dobutsu no Mori, the Animal Crossing film, last night. It was just too cute to dislike.

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AsakuraHao2004

Beat Bioshock last night. Yahtzee Crenshaw's complaints about the endings(you either end up a happy flower child, friend to all nature, or an evil wh*re) were pretty much on the spot. The endings suck.

Finished the second case in Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and I've just started on the third. Stupid sexy Godot.

Watched Dobutsu no Mori, the Animal Crossing film, last night. It was just too cute to dislike.

ZeroWingEvil91

In my opinion, the third case of the game is far better than the second one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I have yet to see I am Legend.AsakuraHao2004

same here.... I being watching that for about a week.. :roll:

Watched Dobutsu no Mori, the Animal Crossing film, last night. It was just too cute to dislike. ZeroWingEvil91

I would have never think it would have a bad ending, the story is suppse to be awesome, no?

hmmmm... dobutsu.... *goes to anidb.*

ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZeroWingEvil91

The endings were really bad in comparison to the rest of the game. Though the good ending was so sweet it would kill a diabetic.

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts
Been working on Eternal Sonata and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.Great games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a great game... (i miss my roommate coughhisps3cough ) pretty hard game, and I love challenging games :twisted:

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Faller88
Really ,I'm getting soft in my later years.I need to get back in that couch and start training my thumbs again.:?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Really ,I'm getting soft in my later years.I need to get back in that couch and start training my thumbs again.:?Faller88

oh yea.. the fact that I like it does not mean i`m good at it.. the 1st boss kick the c**p out of me :lol:

Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

lately ive been replayin alot of older games like silent hill 3.

i havent really watched any good movies in a long time. i seriously think the last thing i saw was that halloween remake that rob zombie did.

and music wise ive been listenin to alot of the older opeth albums and all the demo stuff children of bodom have been puttin out from the album they are workin on

Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Conver
Heck yeah child. I just went through SH3 not too long ago. Dang it felt good to finally finish that game, even if it did make my nights a little more sleepless. :P
OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OmegaAce1313
Yeah... I saw the movie 'The Naked Gun' recently. Old movie, but omg, hilarious.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alucard1137
i also saw an old movie recently fight club... its really weird although i just broke the first rule of fight club by telling you this
Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Conver
I just watched Tommy Boy, speaking ofold movies. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

i also saw an old movie recently fight club... its really weird although i just broke the first rule of fight club by telling you thisalucard1137

I loved that movie..

I have not see any recentely :P My free time is going to PoR :P

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Faller88

Just watched Immortal Beloved and The Libertine for university ,both great movies in my personal opinion.

@Chang ,Sorry bout the movie topic man ,didn't know about the policy.And no worries ,I won't stop posting ,not that easy to get rid of me ;)

ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZeroWingEvil91

Started playing two games over the weekend: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and Trilby the Art of Theft. Both are great games, but for some reason my save files for Trilby keep disappearing.

Saw Superbad and Shoot 'Em Up this last Friday. Superbad gets points for having the gayest credits sequence ever and Shoot 'Em Up is possibly the manliest film I've ever seen.

The Ace Attorney series has the best damn soundtracks ever. No question.

Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

Heck yeah child. I just went through SH3 not too long ago. Dang it felt good to finally finish that game, even if it did make my nights a little more sleepless. :PConver

lol. that one is always fun to play through. it just takes forever to unlock everythin. i think i had to finish it like 5 times at least before i got all the shirts and all that. im probly still missin one or two more things in there

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Hell yea.... SH3 AWESOME!!! (thus i have not unluck all yet :( )

I`m in anime mood, yesterday night I went to bed with Gundam 00 (so many stuff to catch up with) and i`m gonna keep watching that tonight (i`m hooked)....

@Zero: So ... shoot `em up... no for a girl?? Thx for the warning one of my friend wanted to watch that one..

@fallen: np dude... and glad to here that you are here to stay :D:D btw: i`m a dudette :P

I wanted to watch Inmortal Belove, but when i remeber about the movie (like now) I`m always in my country, and the stupid movie place do not have it...

About you other topic.... let see... vampires movie that come to mind now:

Interview with the vampire. ***** Only one of the series that i liked, I loved the books and "queen of the damn" was awfull.

BloodRayne AWFULL... A DISGRACE!!! WORST vamp movie... and even worse game related movie. I did not bother with the second one.

Ultraviolet *** The plot is too slow for my taste, but some fights are pretty good. There is also a british tv series with the same title, nothing realted and pretty good.

Underworld 1 and 2. **** I loved both movies. Well develope, good fights, nice effects, good plot.

30 days of night ***** The character are well develope (maybe in two movie would have being better), the plot is really nice, blood/gore all over the place. WARNING: is like the book, so the end may be too hard for some.

The Hamiltons: *** A different point of view in vamps movies. (it was part of the festival of horror After dark 2006)

Hmmmm... now clasics i guess..

Dracula (Bram Stoker`s Dracula the one with Winona R...) **** great story and great character develope.

Dracula (the clasic with Christopher Lee as Count Dracula) That is call a CLASIC

That`s it, for now at least :P

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OmegaAce1313
Funny, I have been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney recently. I received it as a birthday gift. It was fun. I finished the case against Mr. von Karma, and am now working on the fifth case.
bloodsexsugar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 bloodsexsugar
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

just finished sam and max season one and currently playing fire emblem radiant dawn and neverwinter nights diamond edition

latest albums: just bought the ramones greatest hits (of course its great :P) and the sam and max season one soundtrack that came with the game and is really awesome

currently reading Sylvia Plath's Ariel, well sort of i have been reading it off and on in my college's libary on breaks and will buy it as soon as i can find an extra 13 bucks, she is definatly my favorite poet

and i bought the Moon Knight: the bottom graphic novel recently. its six issues and it is really good and surprising for a marvel comic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I have not watch any movie recentely :(

My free time is going to PoR... i`m completing hard max lvl 1 (after I lost my lvl 25 file :cry: )

I was reading The King Must die of Mary renauld, but had to but it down and get my study books. As soon as I can read just by pleasure again i gonna pick it up... the book is amazingly well written, I should pick it up now (just have like less that the half to finish it...)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I watched Evagelion rebuild 01 OMG... if you like anime and if you liked the evangelion series... This movie is so freaking great, I can not wait until dvd release and actually see it with nice quality...

Evangelion on all its glory :)

No much playing in a while, thus I am playing Bonk 3 on and off..

.. and I`m listening when I can (not now thus, kind of late, tired... no into music :P ) to a lot of Kelly Clarkson...

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kappareign

Avenged Sevenfold - 04 - Bat Country.mp3

and i watched war of the worlds (2005) on tv

alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alucard1137

i just finished reading i am america and so can you by stephen colberti have been listening to devo for a while now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Avenged Sevenfold - 04 - Bat Country.mp3

and i watched war of the worlds (2005) on tv

kappareign

did you like it... I do not know why a LOT of ppl don`t... I did :P

Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Conver
Just finished watching the Superbowl. Hoorah Giants! (I was rooting for them!) And Kappa, Avenged Sevenfold is AWESOME. As for War of the Worlds it was okay.... just meh to me. :?
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Faller88
I watched Dragons of Autumn Twilight yesterday ,I liked it ,but mostly since I had some nostalgia since I read the book 10 years ago.Its typical 80's Satherday morning cartoon with some CGI ,the CGI isnt that good though ,it looks like the standard of a 90's video game.
AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AsakuraHao2004
Listening to some Dream Theater while playing FFVI Advance and Beats for PSP.
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Faller88
Just watched Sweeney Todd.:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.......T'was nice and....bloody;)
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 alucard1137
just watched probabry the strangest movie i have ever seen in my life its called donnie darko i was good i cant really say what tis about without revealing the plot but i can say that it is an amazing movie
Conver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Conver
alucard I am gonna go see that movie now... I had it in my hands a few months ago at best buy and was seriously considering it but ended up not getting it.. :P But now I shall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

just watched probabry the strangest movie i have ever seen in my life its called donnie darko i was good i cant really say what tis about without revealing the plot but i can say that it is an amazing moviealucard1137

I watch that one like 3 month ago... as amazing as weird....

NOW... I watched yesterday the most depressing movie EVER.... :cry: INTO THE WILD.. :cry: a good reflexion but SAD. And based on true events btw...

Also I rewatched End of Evangelion, that one has something that keep me coming for mroe... :P

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kappareign

yup, i liked war of the worlds. not so much the end, but the beginning was especially cool. :o

i watched the super bowl too. i wasnt really rooting for either team in particular, but it was exciting when the giants came back at the end. i was expecting it to be really one sided this year (more so than usual)... the patriots being 17-0. but it was the best super bowl ive seen in a loooooong time

btw what other music do you like, conver?

Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
I haven't watched any movies lately, however, most of my time has been spended on replaying my old GBA, DS, N64 games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Watch Coverfield... good movie... some did not like teh end... but I do not get what were they expecting... it was obvious how it was going to end..

[spoiler] everyone die.. and imo I liked that.. is not the usual someone/something attack NA and no matter how strong they manage to save the main character and the city.. on this it happen what it would pry happen if something like that attack [/spoiler]

another is supposse to be on the road... so :D

DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DynamicJumpIuff
I think I'll watch Cloverfeild later this week. But I did watch this one movie last night, it was called "Twelve Monkeys", it was amazing.
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DynamicJumpIuff
I even saw Hellsing Ultimate, all I really saw was the end of episode 2 where they say something about a Star Wars club in L.A.
Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Faller88
I watched Of Mice And Men yesterday ,the 90's version.Great movie with a shocking ending.
alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 alucard1137

I think I'll watch Cloverfeild later this week. But I did watch this one movie last night, it was called "Twelve Monkeys", it was amazing.DynamicJumpIuff

if you get motion sickness do not watch this movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I even saw Hellsing Ultimate, all I really saw was the end of episode 2 where they say something about a Star Wars club in L.A.DynamicJumpIuff

Dude... if you like anime you HAVE to watch the hellsing OVA (ultimate) is AMAZING... especially the last one ...the 3rd one

[QUOTE="DynamicJumpIuff"]I think I'll watch Cloverfeild later this week. But I did watch this one movie last night, it was called "Twelve Monkeys", it was amazing.alucard1137

if you get motion sickness do not watch this movie

what is this movie about?? Twelve monkeys..

and yeap Cloverfield is crazy with the camera...