Xbox One uses Bonaire entry-level GPU, PS4 uses Pitcairn midrange GPU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8870M.86798.0.html is where I am assuming you got that 10% performance differential from. That is very flawed so I propose that we choose option 3, none of the above. Those website charts do not tell you the CPU or Memory used in the laptop and they do not tell you what spec of PC the 7770 was in. It also does not include the driver versions because in your BF3 example the High setting shows an increase of 26% but Ultra it is only 10%. Considering the advantages that the 7770 has it is possible that the Ultra test was done on an older set of drivers before the big performance improvement in the never settle drivers. How fuzzy in the details do you want to get? Now for some of your other points. 1) A GCN ROP module consists of 1 Colour ROP and 4 Z/stencil ROPs. That is a fact. If you know how many modules there are (16 in Xbox, 32 in PS4) then you know how many Z/Stencil ROPs there are. It is very simple and the fact you keep arguing on these points shows your ignorance. 2) Nobody knows the requirements for the Xbox 1 or the PS4 OS at this stage. MS is provisioning 3GB of ram, 2 cores and 10% GPU but I bet that changes over time as they get a better idea of what the minimum actually is. We have no way of not being fuzzy here because not even MS and Sony know exactly what resources will be used which is why MS is over provisioning and will probably reduce this in the future to open up some more performance for games. 4) From what I have read nobody is equating the X1 GPU to the 7770 directly. They are just saying that it is in the performance ball park because the Shader, texture and ROP performance is similar. There are a few differences of course and the X1 GPU is probably slightly faster but we are not using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like' we are using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like RELATIVE to the PS4 (using the 7850 as a surrogate for the PS4 GPU which also has some differences to the PS4 and is infact slightly weaker so these comparisons show the X1 in a better light). 5) The firepro is a workstation class GPU running on a different driver base so it is not 100% comparable. There are some strange results with the W5000 where it out performed the 7850 in BF3 @ 2560x1440. This is obviously a driver bug in the 7850 driver base that is not present in the drivers for the W5000. This is being very fuzzy in the details because you are changing more than just the GPU. 6) It will help with the reduced bandwidth of the X1 but considering the X1 will have good enough bandwidth to feed the GPU having extra data does not really matter in the large scheme of things. Claiming that it will do more for performance than reduce the bandwidth deficit is wishful thinking. 7b) That is comparing different memory capacities at different speeds so I do not see the diminishing returns you are claiming. Bandwidth helps upto the point where the GPU is saturated then it down to the GPU. In both the X1 and the PS4 the bandwidth is sufficient for this to be the case in most scenarios so you do not have any sort of argument here. 8) You mean GDDR5 has higher latency than a L4 cache. Well no shit that a local cache can be accessed in fewer cycles than the GDDR5 meaning small read/writes are indeed improved between the GPU and the cache. Again this is just a bandwidth argument though and if there is enough, which there is, then it stops being a performance benefit. Sticking the memory system of the 7970 onto a 7770 will not greatly increase performance because the GPU does not have enough grunt to make use of the data. Now who is being fuzzy with the details?btk2k2

1. http://techreport.com/review/22192/amd-radeon-hd-7970-graphics-processor/4

eight ROP partitions, each capable of outputting four colored pixels or 16 Z/stencil pixels per clock

A "GCN ROP module" can output 4 color pixels or 16 Z/stencil pixels.

A GCN ROP module with 1 color pixel + 4 Z/stencil pixels doesn't exist. It is very simple and the fact you keep arguing on these points shows your ignorance.

If you want talk about "GCN ROP module", then you are wrong. Both 7970 and 7870 has 8 GCN ROP modules.

--------------------

2. Tormentos' OS statement was for CELL. Most of the CELL's power doesn't support supervisior modes. This is nothing to do with PS4.

4. Upscaling it to 18 CUs. I always used "7860" for PS4's GCN.

5. At that point in time, AMD drivers has known issues with BF3.

6. I never claimed it would exceed PS4. Don't put words into my month.

7. My point for http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/gddr5/Pages/gddr5.aspx#2 is, you don't get 1 to 1 performance increase with the memory bandwith increase.

8. X1 doesn't sport 7770 i.e. you do know "primitive p48593.pnger cycle" difference between 7770 vs X1 GPU.

Now who is being fuzzy with the details?

----------------------

notebookcheck 8870M's result was from the following laptops

Samsung 770Z5E-S01DE: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 15.6", 2.4 kg Review » Review Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E-S01DE Notebook

Samsung 770Z7E-S01DE: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 17.3", 3 kg Review » Review Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z7E Notebook

Samsung 770Z5E-S02DE: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 15.6", 2.4 kg External Review » Samsung 770Z5E-S02DE

Samsung 770Z7E-S01DE: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 17.3", 3 kg External Review » Samsung 770Z7E-S01DE

Samsung ATIV 870Z5E-X03DE: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 15.6", 2.2 kg External Review » Samsung ATIV 870Z5E-X03DE

Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E: Intel Core i7 3635QM, 15.6", 2.4 kg External Review » Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E

My laptop is similar to Samsung ATIV 870Z5E-X03DE i.e. my Samsung ATIV NP 880Z5-X01AU laptop has a touch screen. Laptop's CPU and RAM is known.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
Our PlayStation team has amazing engineers.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Sonysexual1"]

Considering that the ONE is having trouble playing linear games with bad graphics and no destrcutibility (Ryse), I'd say InFamous: SS is impossible on the ONE.

Sonysexual1

Go watch the Drive Club footage, and then Forza 5 and TitanFall. After you're done crying get back to me :)

And? InFamous: SS is more technically advanced than all of them, including Forza 5.

That's a pov, lol. But I respect it if its yours :) I just don't agree.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shawn30

[QUOTE="shawn30"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Yep, it's the same reason why X360 multiplats were better the whole gen. Now since the PS4 and XBOX One are both easy to develop for, now the hardware will do the rest, PS4 is a lot stronger this time.faizan_faizan

But you still don't have any games that prove we're going to see a gigantic difference between the systems. That's the point. Specs are awesome and facts about the guts of the machine. But until the games are released its just figures on paper. And one thing we have seen in every gen is that every systems games start to look better as the years go buy and the devs figure out how to get the most out f them. I don't think you will; ever see a PS4 game and think to yourself it would be impossible to get that on the Xbox One unless its an exclusive Sony title.

Are you serious? The consoles aren't even released yet for Christ's sake.

Very serious, and your point works both ways:) You're right, neither has been released yet. So all we can go by is what's been shown and played. I found the PS4 unimpressive.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

We've known for months that the PS4 is a more powerful system, specs wise, than the Xbox One. It just hasn't shown itself in games yet and the devs who have spoken have stated they don't think there will be a great deal of difference between the games. Again, I can't play specs, I play games. Naughty Dog could make a great game on the Wii-U cause they are great devs, not cause of the systems specs. Biooware could rock the original Xbox and did. So while specs are cool to debate and fight over :) at the end of the day each companies games will look great. I'm buying Xbox One cause I don't think the difference is that big a deal and for the money I want a system that does more than just play games. That's not enough anymore for me. That's why in my head I call the PS4 the PSBore.

So continue on, lol. But remember, its always the games that matter most, not whats under the hood. When was the last time the system with the so called "best graphics" even won a gen? Food for thought.

shawn30
The sorcerer tech demo blows anything away shown on the Xbox one... what are you smoking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Both GPUs based of 7790, with the Xbox having lesser CU to accomodate the ESRAM

Scipio8
ps4 gpu based on Pitcairn, xbox one is bonaire
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

We've known for months that the PS4 is a more powerful system, specs wise, than the Xbox One. It just hasn't shown itself in games yet and the devs who have spoken have stated they don't think there will be a great deal of difference between the games. Again, I can't play specs, I play games. Naughty Dog could make a great game on the Wii-U cause they are great devs, not cause of the systems specs. Biooware could rock the original Xbox and did. So while specs are cool to debate and fight over :) at the end of the day each companies games will look great. I'm buying Xbox One cause I don't think the difference is that big a deal and for the money I want a system that does more than just play games. That's not enough anymore for me. That's why in my head I call the PS4 the PSBore.

So continue on, lol. But remember, its always the games that matter most, not whats under the hood. When was the last time the system with the so called "best graphics" even won a gen? Food for thought.

xboxiphoneps3
The sorcerer tech demo blows anything away shown on the Xbox one... what are you smoking

Are you comparing a tech demo (which wasn't that impressive) to gameplay :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

[QUOTE="shawn30"] But you still don't have any games that prove we're going to see a gigantic difference between the systems. That's the point. Specs are awesome and facts about the guts of the machine. But until the games are released its just figures on paper. And one thing we have seen in every gen is that every systems games start to look better as the years go buy and the devs figure out how to get the most out f them. I don't think you will; ever see a PS4 game and think to yourself it would be impossible to get that on the Xbox One unless its an exclusive Sony title.

shawn30

Are you serious? The consoles aren't even released yet for Christ's sake.

Very serious, and your point works both ways:) You're right, neither has been released yet. So all we can go by is what's been shown and played. I found the PS4 unimpressive.

and i found the xbox one to be severely dissapointing
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

[QUOTE="btk2k2"]

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8870M.86798.0.html is where I am assuming you got that 10% performance differential from. That is very flawed so I propose that we choose option 3, none of the above. Those website charts do not tell you the CPU or Memory used in the laptop and they do not tell you what spec of PC the 7770 was in. It also does not include the driver versions because in your BF3 example the High setting shows an increase of 26% but Ultra it is only 10%. Considering the advantages that the 7770 has it is possible that the Ultra test was done on an older set of drivers before the big performance improvement in the never settle drivers. How fuzzy in the details do you want to get? Now for some of your other points. 1) A GCN ROP module consists of 1 Colour ROP and 4 Z/stencil ROPs. That is a fact. If you know how many modules there are (16 in Xbox, 32 in PS4) then you know how many Z/Stencil ROPs there are. It is very simple and the fact you keep arguing on these points shows your ignorance. 2) Nobody knows the requirements for the Xbox 1 or the PS4 OS at this stage. MS is provisioning 3GB of ram, 2 cores and 10% GPU but I bet that changes over time as they get a better idea of what the minimum actually is. We have no way of not being fuzzy here because not even MS and Sony know exactly what resources will be used which is why MS is over provisioning and will probably reduce this in the future to open up some more performance for games. 4) From what I have read nobody is equating the X1 GPU to the 7770 directly. They are just saying that it is in the performance ball park because the Shader, texture and ROP performance is similar. There are a few differences of course and the X1 GPU is probably slightly faster but we are not using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like' we are using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like RELATIVE to the PS4 (using the 7850 as a surrogate for the PS4 GPU which also has some differences to the PS4 and is infact slightly weaker so these comparisons show the X1 in a better light). 5) The firepro is a workstation class GPU running on a different driver base so it is not 100% comparable. There are some strange results with the W5000 where it out performed the 7850 in BF3 @ 2560x1440. This is obviously a driver bug in the 7850 driver base that is not present in the drivers for the W5000. This is being very fuzzy in the details because you are changing more than just the GPU. 6) It will help with the reduced bandwidth of the X1 but considering the X1 will have good enough bandwidth to feed the GPU having extra data does not really matter in the large scheme of things. Claiming that it will do more for performance than reduce the bandwidth deficit is wishful thinking. 7b) That is comparing different memory capacities at different speeds so I do not see the diminishing returns you are claiming. Bandwidth helps upto the point where the GPU is saturated then it down to the GPU. In both the X1 and the PS4 the bandwidth is sufficient for this to be the case in most scenarios so you do not have any sort of argument here. 8) You mean GDDR5 has higher latency than a L4 cache. Well no shit that a local cache can be accessed in fewer cycles than the GDDR5 meaning small read/writes are indeed improved between the GPU and the cache. Again this is just a bandwidth argument though and if there is enough, which there is, then it stops being a performance benefit. Sticking the memory system of the 7970 onto a 7770 will not greatly increase performance because the GPU does not have enough grunt to make use of the data. Now who is being fuzzy with the details?ronvalencia

eight ROP partitions, each capable of outputting four colored pixels or 16 Z/stencil pixels per clock

A GCN ROP module with 1 color pixel + 4 Z/stencil pixels doesn't exist. It is very simple and the fact you keep arguing on these points shows your ignorance.

If you want talk about "GCN ROP module", then you are wrong. Both 7970 and 7870 has 8 GCN ROP modules.

--------------------

2. Tormentos' OS statement was for CELL. Most of the CELL's power doesn't support supervisior modes. This is nothing to do with PS4.

7. My point for http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/gddr5/Pages/gddr5.aspx#2 is, you don't get 1 to 1 performance increase with the memory bandwith increase.

48593.png

8. X1 doesn't sport 7770 i.e. you do know "primitive per cycle" difference between 7770 vs X1 GPU.

1) So you admit that they are flat modules then, Xbox has 4 PS4 has 8 (16 and 32 ROPs respectively). That means when counting ROPS you know what the other parts are because you know what a module consists of. Thanks for agreeing with my point. I admit I made a mistake on the module size but the important factor was the colour to Z/stencil ratio. It was a long time ago when I read the deep dives on the GCN architecture so I was going off of memory. 2) That point was unclear as I was under the impression you were talking about the upcoming consoles. 4) The exact counts do not matter as long as the relative difference is roughly the same you can then get real world scaling for that % change in the key areas. As long as you remove the outliers that crop up due to Vram limitations and such it gives you an accurate assessment on the relative performance which is all we are trying to do as we do not know exactly how they will perform. All we can do is get how they will perform relative to each other. 5) Actually that toms hardware article you like to use is crap. It was done in march but they are only using the 12.11 Catalyst Beta driver rather than the 13.2 Catalyst Beta 7 driver that was available at the time of the article. Again though just because the unit counts are the same you are not doing an apples to apples comparison because the GPU and the driver is different leading to more than one variable that can affect performance. 6) Can you actually read? I am fully aware you never said it would exceed the PS4 I just said if you think it will do more for performance than the bandwidth gains it is wishful thinking. 7) No, you never get a 1 to 1 increase with anything. If you keep increasing bandwidth a point will be reached where the GPU is saturated and more bandwidth will not be of benefit. I would say that both X1 and PS4 are close to achieving that so we do not need to worry about the bandwidth of the system we can just concentrate on the GPU. 8) Yes I am aware of the Prim/cycle difference and it is not major outside of Crysis 2 benchmarks. As long as you use benchmarks where that difference is not relevant you can still see what the relative performance between the parts will be. They key word I am using is RELATIVE. The PS4 has 50% more shader and 100% more fillrate than the X1. That translates to between 40-50% more real world, in game performance. You can compare any two GCN cards that have those approximate differences and the result will always be that in real world scenarios the one with the beefier hardware is 40-50% faster. The easiest comparison is 7770 to 7850.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

also i wouldn't consider a 7850 an enthusiast card anymore. Both are using budget parts by PC standardsNFJSupreme
ps4 isnt using a 7850, its using a substantially tweaked "7860".... the ps4 gpu is noticeably stronger then the hd 7850

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 shawn30
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

xboxiphoneps3

Not what you are if you can play a tech demo, lol. Its didn't blow me away IMHO. shrugs.
sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

If PS4 is stronger it would have been easy AND EXTREMELY important to proove this at E3. 

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

[QUOTE="NFJSupreme"]also i wouldn't consider a 7850 an enthusiast card anymore. Both are using budget parts by PC standardsxboxiphoneps3

ps4 isnt using a 7850, its using a substantially tweaked "7860".... the ps4 gpu is noticeably stronger then the hd 7850

It is about 5% more than a 7850 and I would not consider it enthusiast any more either, it is mid-range to upper mid-range.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#165 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

If PS4 is stronger it would have been easy AND EXTREMELY important to proove this at E3. 

sebbi11

The difference between both consoles will be seen later next gen. Also this E3 was about 'X1 and PS4 games' running on PCs and console prototypes. Nothing very conclusive.

Avatar image for FLegendOfZeldaU
FLegendOfZeldaU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 FLegendOfZeldaU
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts
Xbone is for the extreme casual, PS4 is for Gamers.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

I found the PS4 unimpressive.shawn30
I did too.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
lol enthusiast GPU (7850) was replaced by the 7790 and the 7870 has more TFLOPs than PS and Xbox 1 GPU's thats a enthusiast GPU.
Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Xbone is for the extreme casual, PS4 is for Gamers.FLegendOfZeldaU

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="btk2k2"]

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8870M.86798.0.html is where I am assuming you got that 10% performance differential from. That is very flawed so I propose that we choose option 3, none of the above. Those website charts do not tell you the CPU or Memory used in the laptop and they do not tell you what spec of PC the 7770 was in. It also does not include the driver versions because in your BF3 example the High setting shows an increase of 26% but Ultra it is only 10%. Considering the advantages that the 7770 has it is possible that the Ultra test was done on an older set of drivers before the big performance improvement in the never settle drivers. How fuzzy in the details do you want to get? Now for some of your other points. 1) A GCN ROP module consists of 1 Colour ROP and 4 Z/stencil ROPs. That is a fact. If you know how many modules there are (16 in Xbox, 32 in PS4) then you know how many Z/Stencil ROPs there are. It is very simple and the fact you keep arguing on these points shows your ignorance. 2) Nobody knows the requirements for the Xbox 1 or the PS4 OS at this stage. MS is provisioning 3GB of ram, 2 cores and 10% GPU but I bet that changes over time as they get a better idea of what the minimum actually is. We have no way of not being fuzzy here because not even MS and Sony know exactly what resources will be used which is why MS is over provisioning and will probably reduce this in the future to open up some more performance for games. 4) From what I have read nobody is equating the X1 GPU to the 7770 directly. They are just saying that it is in the performance ball park because the Shader, texture and ROP performance is similar. There are a few differences of course and the X1 GPU is probably slightly faster but we are not using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like' we are using it to say 'this is what the X1 will perform like RELATIVE to the PS4 (using the 7850 as a surrogate for the PS4 GPU which also has some differences to the PS4 and is infact slightly weaker so these comparisons show the X1 in a better light). 5) The firepro is a workstation class GPU running on a different driver base so it is not 100% comparable. There are some strange results with the W5000 where it out performed the 7850 in BF3 @ 2560x1440. This is obviously a driver bug in the 7850 driver base that is not present in the drivers for the W5000. This is being very fuzzy in the details because you are changing more than just the GPU. 6) It will help with the reduced bandwidth of the X1 but considering the X1 will have good enough bandwidth to feed the GPU having extra data does not really matter in the large scheme of things. Claiming that it will do more for performance than reduce the bandwidth deficit is wishful thinking. 7b) That is comparing different memory capacities at different speeds so I do not see the diminishing returns you are claiming. Bandwidth helps upto the point where the GPU is saturated then it down to the GPU. In both the X1 and the PS4 the bandwidth is sufficient for this to be the case in most scenarios so you do not have any sort of argument here. 8) You mean GDDR5 has higher latency than a L4 cache. Well no shit that a local cache can be accessed in fewer cycles than the GDDR5 meaning small read/writes are indeed improved between the GPU and the cache. Again this is just a bandwidth argument though and if there is enough, which there is, then it stops being a performance benefit. Sticking the memory system of the 7970 onto a 7770 will not greatly increase performance because the GPU does not have enough grunt to make use of the data. Now who is being fuzzy with the details?btk2k2

--------------------

48593.png

8. X1 doesn't sport 7770 i.e. you do know "primitive per cycle" difference between 7770 vs X1 GPU.

1) So you admit that they are flat modules then, Xbox has 4 PS4 has 8 (16 and 32 ROPs respectively). That means when counting ROPS you know what the other parts are because you know what a module consists of. Thanks for agreeing with my point. I admit I made a mistake on the module size but the important factor was the colour to Z/stencil ratio. It was a long time ago when I read the deep dives on the GCN architecture so I was going off of memory. 2) That point was unclear as I was under the impression you were talking about the upcoming consoles. 4) The exact counts do not matter as long as the relative difference is roughly the same you can then get real world scaling for that % change in the key areas. As long as you remove the outliers that crop up due to Vram limitations and such it gives you an accurate assessment on the relative performance which is all we are trying to do as we do not know exactly how they will perform. All we can do is get how they will perform relative to each other. 5) Actually that toms hardware article you like to use is crap. It was done in march but they are only using the 12.11 Catalyst Beta driver rather than the 13.2 Catalyst Beta 7 driver that was available at the time of the article. Again though just because the unit counts are the same you are not doing an apples to apples comparison because the GPU and the driver is different leading to more than one variable that can affect performance. 6) Can you actually read? I am fully aware you never said it would exceed the PS4 I just said if you think it will do more for performance than the bandwidth gains it is wishful thinking. 7) No, you never get a 1 to 1 increase with anything. If you keep increasing bandwidth a point will be reached where the GPU is saturated and more bandwidth will not be of benefit. I would say that both X1 and PS4 are close to achieving that so we do not need to worry about the bandwidth of the system we can just concentrate on the GPU. 8) Yes I am aware of the Prim/cycle difference and it is not major outside of Crysis 2 benchmarks. As long as you use benchmarks where that difference is not relevant you can still see what the relative performance between the parts will be. They key word I am using is RELATIVE. The PS4 has 50% more shader and 100% more fillrate than the X1. That translates to between 40-50% more real world, in game performance. You can compare any two GCN cards that have those approximate differences and the result will always be that in real world scenarios the one with the beefier hardware is 40-50% faster. The easiest comparison is 7770 to 7850.

1. I have posted this link several times in SW and they still gets it wrong. "16 ROP" or "32 ROP" on AMD GPUs are just LOL. "16 ROPs" or "32 ROPs" is just understating AMD's ROP spec. 4. I agree with this statement. . 5. Crysis 2 benchmark is good enough since it scales at the right points. 6. Don't put words into my mouth. 7. Tell that to PC GPU overclockers. 8. Posting DX9 benchmarks doesn't reflect DX11 workloads.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

[QUOTE="NFJSupreme"]also i wouldn't consider a 7850 an enthusiast card anymore. Both are using budget parts by PC standardsbtk2k2

It is about 5% more than a 7850 and I would not consider it enthusiast any more either, it is mid-range to upper mid-range.

Against 7850, PS4's GCN has about 6.7 precent less in color and z ROPS.
Tadgerot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Tadgerot
Member since 2013 • 107 Posts
If the winner of this generation is decided by the specs, then I expect the PC to clean up this gen.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="NFJSupreme"]also i wouldn't consider a 7850 an enthusiast card anymore. Both are using budget parts by PC standardsxboxiphoneps3

PS4's compute is stronger, but weaker in tessellation**, color** and z ROPS**.

**Reference 7850 has 860Mhz clock speed.

PS; Some 7850 has 1Ghz clock speed (from ABI).

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

If the winner of this generation is decided by the specs, then I expect the PC to clean up this gen.Tadgerot

Specs dont decide the winner,  but they help.  Besides,  according to Steam hardware surveys the majority of hermits dont have a 1.8 Tflop or better GPU

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Tadgerot"]If the winner of this generation is decided by the specs, then I expect the PC to clean up this gen.DarthaPerkinjan

Specs dont decide the winner,  but they help.  Besides,  according to Steam hardware surveys the majority of hermits dont have a 1.8 Tflop or better GPU

The user base for PS4 or X1 is currently zero.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Xbone is all about those teraFLOPS.campzor

Nah, Xbox One is all about those lems tearDROPS :P

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-cryi

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

lol.  No. There is no such thing as a 7860.  The chip in the PS4 is a custom chip.Its slightly stronger than a 7850 but based off the same chip in the 7850.  The 7850 is not an enthusiast chip.  All this is moot anyway because are  talking about consoles here not PCs.  Consoles get more done with less.  Just don't confuse optimization with more power.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

[QUOTE="NFJSupreme"]also i wouldn't consider a 7850 an enthusiast card anymore. Both are using budget parts by PC standardsNFJSupreme

lol.  No. There is no such thing as a 7860.  The chip in the PS4 is a custom chip.Its slightly stronger than a 7850 but based off the same chip in the 7850.  The 7850 is not an enthusiast chip.  All this is moot anyway because are  talking about consoles here not PCs.  Consoles get more done with less.  Just don't confuse optimization with more power.

It's "semi-custom" as stated by AMD's CEO.
Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

If the winner of this generation is decided by the specs, then I expect the PC to clean up this gen.Tadgerot

No one cares about PC. :lol: @ PC gaming. 

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#181 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Who the f*ck is badboy?

Also, the difference between the retail versions of a 7790 and 7850 isn't that big. Of course that's with different clock speeds.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="TorqueHappens08"] And have you SEEN titanfall. TorqueHappens08

Which has the possibility of only being a timed exclusive.

I thought it was a confirmed timed exclusive? 

It was never exclusive to begin with.
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

That's something we already knew.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

ow snap in before xbots and their excuses

"but but teh cloud" :lol: apparently microsoft's money isn't enough to buy decent hardware

owned_powell.jpg

shadiezz2012

you shut your mouth

teh cloud will destroy your ps4 .......when it done loading:P

d4d0b4601d1400bbf22b56f0aa3f6b45.gif

:lol: brilliant

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#186 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I wish i understood techonology more so i can laugh at the people pretending that they do :P

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#187 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

:lol: lems are paying $100 more for outdated underpowered shit hardware 

NathanDrakeSwag

True. But cows are paying $400 for outdated, underpowered shit hardware. Good for them, I guess...paying $100 less for shit hardware. Yay?

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

THis is old I think.

And to the people that keep saying "they need to prove it"...well go look at Second Son and read what DF said about.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] And I have no argument against that. faizan_faizan

So in short, they both suck

If ps4 is the more powerful console it the best it can do is 30fps, we are all screwed. 

Actually, PS4 is more powerful than XBOX One, and the difference is quite big. Much like how much superior the XBOX was compared to the PS2.

Mhmmmm.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PS4 hardware is factually more powerful, now!

Heil68

Indeed, just look at the silence from the die hard lemmings. PS4 most powerful console in video game history, feels good, awwwww yeahhhh :cool:

yeah baby :cool:

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Douevenlift_bro

and $100 more? Thank you kinect!blue_hazy_basic
:lol:

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Not too sure why cows are celebrating

both consoles look weak as 5hit 

its like bragging that your hyandai is faster than a civic 

Evo_nine

Yes, a 5.0 V8 genesis rspec is faster then a civic, not sure what you mean by this, considering hyundai now makes very fast cars.

In this case, the PS4 is the genesis Rspec, Xbox one is the Civic SI, both are fast in theyre own way, but one has a V8 with RWD and over 430 real HP Real "specs". 

One needs custom modifications to get up to a faster pase, where as the other one is fast straight out of the factory

You can see where i'm going with this.

2012-Hyundai-Genesis-RSpec-Engine.jpg

Obvious the Genesis (PS4) is the clear winner.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

The PS4 GPU isn't strictly a 7870, it's more in between a 7850 and a 7870.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts
Oh man...
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#195 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I think games will end up looking the same, just like last gen, maybe a slight edge with PS4 exclusives. Heil68

But HAVE YOU SEEN, Titanfall?

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
But teh cloud makes up for it!
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

xbone

Renault_4-3.jpg

PS4

tron_lamborghini_aventador-HD.jpg

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

The PS4 GPU isn't strictly a 7870, it's more in between a 7850 and a 7870.

BigBoss154
The 7870 has 2.56 TFLOPs so no, its more like 7850 + few percents.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PS4 hardware is factually more powerful, now!

Douevenlift_bro

Indeed, just look at the silence from the die hard lemmings. PS4 most powerful console in video game history, feels good, awwwww yeahhhh :cool:

yeah baby :cool:

lol, if that makes you feel good, there is something seriously wrong with you two lol :P Side note, what the hell was MS thinking? You need more power and faster RAM than that to run all those programs at once. They made money hand over fist with 360, why cheap out now? :|
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

xbone

PS4

tron_lamborghini_aventador-HD.jpg

Krelian-co