Xbox One uses Bonaire entry-level GPU, PS4 uses Pitcairn midrange GPU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

78xx series is not enthusiast level

Rocker6

Well, that part of it may not be entirely accurate (some would still consider it to be high-end), but the specs sure are.

They aren't... an enthusiast product would be the 7970 (Ghz) card. Compare the specs in the OP with this, and there you go. PS4's GPU is slightly stronger than the 7850 on the PC, which is a mid-range card in every sense of the word.

I was referring to the specs of the GPU, not if the claim that it was an "enthusiast GPU" was accurate.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 3297 Posts
This is the first post I've debated buying both at same time :( (Was planning on PS4 later. ) But its a comparison of 2 of the shelf graphics cards and isn't actually what is in the consoles themselves. I have no doubt the GPU performance is better in the PS4, but its just not this clear cut. I'm still on for Xbox One as:- Developers (they should know) have said there isn't much in it. If they had been paid off and the graphics where this different Microsoft would get found out later and gamers would be even more likely to dump the Xbox (I would). There is a lot more to it, its a combined chip with extra bits in both consoles that will make a difference. Its not all about graphics. Things like sound, controller, new ways to play, TV/entertainment stuff, dedicated servers and the potential of the cloud (yes it wont do graphics but there is potential for new things which Sony could do if/when they catch up). Developers will want multiplat games to run the same on both consoles, to the point where they will restrict certain things so they do. However if it turns out PS4 has much better graphics and sound and controller are on par I'll probably play the multiplat games on it. But if the difference is between high and very high settings you get on a PC (which is most likely) I'll only play the top exclusives for PS4. Why is it comparing PS4 specs (known) to Xbox One specs (kind of guessed from what is known) equals PS4 is better yet 300,000 servers and obvious commitment compared to an unknown number (much lower) and not much commitment equals PS4 is just as good in the cloud?
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

MenKDtf.png

[QUOTE="badb0y"]

First, the person comparing the GTX 680 to a GTX 670 and coming to the conclusion that the PS4 and Xbox One would have a similar disparity in performance because of the difference in teraflops is wrong. The GTX 680 and GTX 670 are based off of the same GK104 chip so everything on these chips are exactly the same except the core clock and the texture units/stream processors. The PS4's GPU on the other hand is based of off "Pitcairn" which is the chip used in HD 7850/7870s while the Xbox One's GPU is based off of "Bonaire" which is a chip used in the HD 7790s. So what does that mean in layman's terms? The chip used as a reference for the Xbox One's GPU is a mainstream part while the chip used in the PS4 is part of the enthusiast class GPUs.

To get a better understanding of the disparity in power here, take a look at Anandtech's fantastic benchmark suite: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/776?vs=857

btk2k2

If you take a look at those benchmarks, it looks like the PS4 GPU is significantly more powerful. The comparable GPUs found in PCs show a 10-15 FPS lead over the other. And it makes sense. The PS4 has twice the fillrate power and 50% more raw shading performance. Should be a no brainer.

I have always said it is a no brainer that the PS4 will have a 40-50% performance advantage in games over Xbox 1. To be honest I did not think to compare the 7790 to the 7870 Ghz because both are more powerful than the console counterparts. The 7790 is 45% more powerful than the Xbox 1 GPU and the 7870Ghz is 39% more powerful than the PS4 GPU. That means that this comparison is in the ball park but is also showing best case for the Xbox 1 and worst case for the PS4. I still think Ron will be in here saying the 7790 is only on a 128bit memory bus and does not have ESRAM or the JIT LZ/JPEG encode/decode units but all that does is help the bandwidth of the Xbox1 and in these cases neither the 7790 or the 7870 is starved of bandwidth so that is all meaningless to actual, on screen performance. Bandwidth only matters if you do not have enough of it and both PS4 and Xbox 1 have enough (although it takes more work on Xbox 1 to achieve it).

Its hard to make a direct comparison between consoles and PC. But this at least gives us a general idea of the performance difference.

Im sure when both consoles are out someone will take them apart chip by chip and give us the full specs, and DF will show us how multiplats look on each console.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

MenKDtf.png

[QUOTE="badb0y"]

First, the person comparing the GTX 680 to a GTX 670 and coming to the conclusion that the PS4 and Xbox One would have a similar disparity in performance because of the difference in teraflops is wrong. The GTX 680 and GTX 670 are based off of the same GK104 chip so everything on these chips are exactly the same except the core clock and the texture units/stream processors. The PS4's GPU on the other hand is based of off "Pitcairn" which is the chip used in HD 7850/7870s while the Xbox One's GPU is based off of "Bonaire" which is a chip used in the HD 7790s. So what does that mean in layman's terms? The chip used as a reference for the Xbox One's GPU is a mainstream part while the chip used in the PS4 is part of the enthusiast class GPUs.

To get a better understanding of the disparity in power here, take a look at Anandtech's fantastic benchmark suite: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/776?vs=857

PinkiePirate

If you take a look at those benchmarks, it looks like the PS4 GPU is significantly more powerful. The comparable GPUs found in PCs show a 10-15 FPS lead over the other. And it makes sense. The PS4 has twice the fillrate power and 50% more raw shading performance. Should be a no brainer.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7870/Pages/radeon-7870.aspx#/3

7870's ROPs setup

• 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
  • 32 Color ROP Units

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7790/Pages/radeon-7790.aspx#/3

7790's ROPs setup

• 64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
  • 16 Color ROP Units

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] Well, that part of it may not be entirely accurate (some would still consider it to be high-end), but the specs sure are.PinkiePirate

They aren't... an enthusiast product would be the 7970 (Ghz) card. Compare the specs in the OP with this, and there you go. PS4's GPU is slightly stronger than the 7850 on the PC, which is a mid-range card in every sense of the word.

I was referring to the specs of the GPU, not if the claim that it was an "enthusiast GPU" was accurate.

78xx series is not enthusiast level.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PinkiePirate
[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

faizan_faizan

And I have no argument against that.
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2222 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] I was referring to the specs of the GPU, not if the claim that it was an "enthusiast GPU" was accurate.PinkiePirate

So in short, they both suck

If ps4 is the more powerful console it the best it can do is 30fps, we are all screwed. 

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] 78xx series is not enthusiast level.Evo_nine

If ps4 is the more powerful console it the best it can do is 30fps, we are all screwed. 

Actually, PS4 is more powerful than XBOX One, and the difference is quite big. Much like how much superior the XBOX was compared to the PS2.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 32479 Posts

Yay!GPU wars.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Bonaire is low end, Pitcairn is not even mid level any more.

With GTX 780 out and Titan, 7850 is at the bottom of the bin....

Is it a capable GPU?, it sure is.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PinkiePirate

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] 78xx series is not enthusiast level.Evo_nine

It can do 60 FPS if devs are willing to cut back on visuals a bit. Any game can be 60 FPS if it's made to be.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PinkiePirate

Bonaire is low end, Pitcairn is not even mid level any more.

With GTX 780 out and Titan, 7850 is at the bottom of the bin....

Is it a capable GPU?, it sure is.

AMD655

Maybe they are enthusiast and mainstream relative to each other, but compared to the latest PC graphics cards, the X1 and PS4 are low-end and mid range respectively.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

BS comparison. The article didn't even get into specifics. Sure, the 7790 is weaker than the 7850, but for many other reasons than just the 'type' of GPU. 'Bonaire' and 'Pitcairn' are just codenames for GPUs of different architecture. And just because one particular architecture is used on the weaker card, it doesn't immediately imply that the architecture is inferior in any way. A card can be weaker due to lower transistor count, lower clock speeds, lower memory bandwidth etc etc., none of which have anything to do with architecture.

Also, don't forget that the 7790 came out AFTER the 7850. Very often, the one to be released later has a more advanced architecture, an improved one of the pioneering card. The only reason the card is weaker is a marketing one. You always release the powerful cards first, the mid range ones later for the bottom feeders.

jhcho2
Tahiti, Pitcairn, Bonaire, Cape Verde all use GCN architecture. The differences between them are all high level as it is number of Compute Units, Memory Bandwidth and ROPS. Bonaire has a couple of minor advantages over Cape Verde but these only match Pitcairn and do not exceed it. Tahiti also has additional units that reduce the efficiency for pure gaming but enable double precision compute for GPGPU workloads. So, the architecture is the same but one has 50% more shader power and 100% more fillrate power. Which is faster?
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 btk2k2

[QUOTE="btk2k2"][QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

ManatuBeard

I have always said it is a no brainer that the PS4 will have a 40-50% performance advantage in games over Xbox 1. To be honest I did not think to compare the 7790 to the 7870 Ghz because both are more powerful than the console counterparts. The 7790 is 45% more powerful than the Xbox 1 GPU and the 7870Ghz is 39% more powerful than the PS4 GPU. That means that this comparison is in the ball park but is also showing best case for the Xbox 1 and worst case for the PS4. I still think Ron will be in here saying the 7790 is only on a 128bit memory bus and does not have ESRAM or the JIT LZ/JPEG encode/decode units but all that does is help the bandwidth of the Xbox1 and in these cases neither the 7790 or the 7870 is starved of bandwidth so that is all meaningless to actual, on screen performance. Bandwidth only matters if you do not have enough of it and both PS4 and Xbox 1 have enough (although it takes more work on Xbox 1 to achieve it).

Its hard to make a direct comparison between consoles and PC. But this at least gives us a general idea of the performance difference.

Im sure when both consoles are out someone will take them apart chip by chip and give us the full specs, and DF will show us how multiplats look on each console.

Usually it is hard because there is no comparable PC gpu but in this case it is standard GCN architecture in set configurations so we can use PC GCN architecture with a similar relative difference (50% shader 100% fillrate) to get a very good estimate of what those paper difference mean in the real world (abound 40-50% more FPS).
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 btk2k2

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

MenKDtf.png

[QUOTE="badb0y"]

To get a better understanding of the disparity in power here, take a look at Anandtech's fantastic benchmark suite: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/776?vs=857

ronvalencia

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7870/Pages/radeon-7870.aspx#/3

7870's ROPs setup

• 32 Color ROP Units

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7790/Pages/radeon-7790.aspx#/3

7790's ROPs setup

• 64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
  • 16 Color ROP Units

Which is the same as the Xbox 1 and the PS4 so what is your point exactly?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I dont know what any of that means, right now

FORZA 5 runs at 1080p 60fps, and looks pretty good.

until this is standard, all this specs BS is just hot air

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Zaibach

AKA The CLOUD.

Titan cloud, have you seen it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Keep beleiving in this cloud conspiracy, i will go make myself a tin foil hat....

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] Well, that part of it may not be entirely accurate (some would still consider it to be high-end), but the specs sure are.PinkiePirate

I was also refering to the specs of the GPU, hence the link in my post, where you can see how higher the specs of 7970 (Ghz) are compared to the PS4 GPU specs in the OP.

Here's the specs for the 7850, see how close they are to the ones in the OP. Ultimately, PS4's GPU is an equivalent of a mid-range PC card in both the specs and the name.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

btk2k2

7870's ROPs setup

• 32 Color ROP Units

7790's ROPs setup

• 64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
  • 16 Color ROP Units

"16 ROPs" and "32 ROPs" doesn't reflect the actual ROP specs.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Keep beleiving in this cloud conspiracy, i will go make myself a tin foil hat....

AMD655

The Power of Cloud is real.

wildcat-09.jpg

FFVII_Cloud_Battle.gif

Final-Fantasy-7.gif

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

lmao :lol:

Pls try to spin this Lems. Pls.

Obviously_Right
I'll give it a go. All theses difference in specs means that the PS3.1 will have a few less jaggies. The CLOUD should make up for this. After all why are all the devs having trouble getting games on the PS3 to run at 60 fps / 1080p? Sure BF3 is running at that but what other exclusive? Seems X1 devs are having a much easier time pulling this off. Oh and the PS3.1 is slapped together with off the shelf parts from tigerdirect.com while every component that goes into X1 is optimized. Is this what you wanted to hear?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="AMD655"]

SolidTy

The Power of Cloud is real.

wildcat-09.jpg

FFVII_Cloud_Battle.gif

Final-Fantasy-7.gif

tin-foil-hat.jpg?3d6f98

tinfoil_dees.jpeg

OctaBech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 OctaBech
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

i still gonna buy xbox one i don't care about specs i only care about brand

nyzma23
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
No lems in this thread?
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FoxbatAlpha
No lems in this thread?AcidThunder
I'm here huckleberry.
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 btk2k2

[QUOTE="btk2k2"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

7870's ROPs setup

• 32 Color ROP Units

7790's ROPs setup

• 64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
  • 16 Color ROP Units

ronvalencia

It does when we know that it is GCN architecture. AMD is not going to use different ROPS all of a sudden. These are tweaks of off the shelf parts.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ronvalencia

MenKDtf.png

[QUOTE="badb0y"]

To get a better understanding of the disparity in power here, take a look at Anandtech's fantastic benchmark suite: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/776?vs=857

PinkiePirate

The highest "7800" model is actually a Tahiti LE based SKU i.e. 7870 XT. 7870 XT can't even crossfire with other Pitcairn GPUs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

7870XT is a cut down 7950...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="btk2k2"]

Which is the same as the Xbox 1 and the PS4 so what is your point exactly? btk2k2

It does when we know that it is GCN architecture. AMD is not going to use different ROPS all of a sudden. These are tweaks of off the shelf parts.

My point is "16 ROPS" or "32 ROPS" doesn't the show the complete picture i.e. the diagram is flawed and it's understating the specs.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ronvalencia

7870XT is a cut down 7950...

AMD655

7870 XT is similar to Fire Pro W8000 i.e. another Tahiti based GPU SKU on a 256bit external bus.

In terms of price, 7870 XT rivals 7870 GE.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 btk2k2
[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

FoxbatAlpha
I'll give it a go. All theses difference in specs means that the PS3.1 will have a few less jaggies. The CLOUD should make up for this. After all why are all the devs having trouble getting games on the PS3 to run at 60 fps / 1080p? Sure BF3 is running at that but what other exclusive? Seems X1 devs are having a much easier time pulling this off. Oh and the PS3.1 is slapped together with off the shelf parts from tigerdirect.com while every component that goes into X1 is optimized. Is this what you wanted to hear?

He said spin not outright BS. Nice try though. If you want to spin it just say the lower specs mean the xbox one devs cannot be as lazy so the exclusives will be more carefully crafted.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

btk2k2

He said spin not outright BS. Nice try though. If you want to spin it just say the lower specs mean the xbox one devs cannot be as lazy so the exclusives will be more carefully crafted.

Isn't all of SW BS?
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 btk2k2
[QUOTE="btk2k2"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

My point is "16 ROPS" or "32 ROPS" doesn't the show the complete picture i.e. the diagram is flawed and it's understating the specs.

Of course it does because it is GCN, this is off the shelf stuff and it is not going to suddenly change at this level. MS/Sony might change the number of specific units like CUs, ROPs, ACEs etc but they are not going to change what is in each CU, ROP or ACE, that will all be standard GCN sub components.
btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 btk2k2
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="btk2k2"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] I'll give it a go. All theses difference in specs means that the PS3.1 will have a few less jaggies. The CLOUD should make up for this. After all why are all the devs having trouble getting games on the PS3 to run at 60 fps / 1080p? Sure BF3 is running at that but what other exclusive? Seems X1 devs are having a much easier time pulling this off. Oh and the PS3.1 is slapped together with off the shelf parts from tigerdirect.com while every component that goes into X1 is optimized. Is this what you wanted to hear?

Isn't all of SW BS?

Maybe so.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

HD 7800 series is not an enthusaist level GPU. Its a step up from what the Xbox One is using though.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

SolidTy

AKA The CLOUD.

Titan cloud, have you seen it?

I guess this conversation is over then, back to cloud worship

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

:lol: lems are paying $100 more for outdated underpowered shit hardware 

NathanDrakeSwag
Dont worry by the time Ps4 is launched it will also be outdated. Nvidia already started rolling out gtx 7xx series and AMD by the end of the year will start rolling out its 7xxx series. 7870 dropped already to $200 and by the time Ps4 is out it wouldnt be surprising to find one for $150 so is not as if Sony went all money spending you blind Cow. On other news Lemms dont seem to catch a break lately
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="btk2k2"] It does when we know that it is GCN architecture. AMD is not going to use different ROPS all of a sudden. These are tweaks of off the shelf parts. btk2k2

Of course it does because it is GCN, this is off the shelf stuff and it is not going to suddenly change at this level. MS/Sony might change the number of specific units like CUs, ROPs, ACEs etc but they are not going to change what is in each CU, ROP or ACE, that will all be standard GCN sub components .

AMD has a split ROPS design since Radeon HD 5000 era e.g. my 5730M has 32 z/stencil ROPS and 8 color ROPS units.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7048 Posts

Enthusiast...

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 btk2k2

[QUOTE="btk2k2"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"] My point is "16 ROPS" or "32 ROPS" doesn't the show the complete picture i.e. the diagram is flawed and it's understating the specs.ronvalencia

Of course it does because it is GCN, this is off the shelf stuff and it is not going to suddenly change at this level. MS/Sony might change the number of specific units like CUs, ROPs, ACEs etc but they are not going to change what is in each CU, ROP or ACE, that will all be standard GCN sub components .

AMD has a split ROPS design since Radeon HD 5000 era e.g. my 5730M has 32 z/stencil ROPS and 8 color ROPS units.

Have you noticed that the Z/stencil count is always 4x the ROP count regardless of which piece of GCN hardware you are looking at. It is like the CU-TMU ratio. 1 CU has 4 TMU's, 1 ROP has 4 Z/stencil ROPS. They are part of the same module. The CUs, ROPs, ACEs are all modular. TMUs scale with CUs and the Z/stencil scales with ROPs. Knowing the architecture (GCN) means we know the ratios. Knowing the module count means we also know the count of all the units in that module.
NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6601 Posts
the PS4 is more powerful on paper but you can't compare individual parts in a console. Doesn't work that way.
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Microsoft execs.

eugene_krabs_money_gif.gif

Sony execs after hearing Microsoft still stands a chance agesnt them.

kaz_hirai_laughing.jpg

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

Microsoft execs.

eugene_krabs_money_gif.gif

Sony execs after hearing Microsoft still stands a chance agesnt them.

Laugh_hehe.gif

TrooperManaic
:lol: hhahahahahahhaha
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

We've known for months that the PS4 is a more powerful system, specs wise, than the Xbox One. It just hasn't shown itself in games yet and the devs who have spoken have stated they don't think there will be a great deal of difference between the games. Again, I can't play specs, I play games. Naughty Dog could make a great game on the Wii-U cause they are great devs, not cause of the systems specs. Biooware could rock the original Xbox and did. So while specs are cool to debate and fight over :) at the end of the day each companies games will look great. I'm buying Xbox One cause I don't think the difference is that big a deal and for the money I want a system that does more than just play games. That's not enough anymore for me. That's why in my head I call the PS4 the PSBore.

So continue on, lol. But remember, its always the games that matter most, not whats under the hood. When was the last time the system with the so called "best graphics" even won a gen? Food for thought.

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts
I thought this was commonly accepted knowledge? Everyone knew the PS4 was more powerful, but that doesn't mean the Xbone won't have great looking games -- just a shame you're paying more for less.
XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

ow snap in before xbots and their excuses

"but but teh cloud" :lol: apparently microsoft's money isn't enough to buy decent hardware

owned_powell.jpg

Krelian-co
Since when did cows care about graphics on a console?
OctaBech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 OctaBech
the PS4 is more powerful on paper but you can't compare individual parts in a console. Doesn't work that way.NFJSupreme
No one is, the PS4 has the advantage in every aspect when it comes to running games. You just gotta learn to live with it.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
the PS4 is more powerful on paper but you can't compare individual parts in a console. Doesn't work that way.NFJSupreme
if ps4 is more powerful on paper then it is more poweful nothing more to say
OctaBech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 OctaBech
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

ow snap in before xbots and their excuses

"but but teh cloud" :lol: apparently microsoft's money isn't enough to buy decent hardware

owned_powell.jpg

XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Since when did cows care about graphics on a console?

Since always and so has Sony. Graphics and price has meant a lot at the beginning of each console era. The only reason people didn't jump to the original xBox or the N64 is because those consoles arrived too late, after third party support had been established. PS3 only managed to survive on first party show off titles.