Who DOESN'T think Breath of the Wild is Game of the Year?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Who HAS played all the games coming out by end of 2017 to make an honest determination? There ya go. :P

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#202 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Who HAS played all the games coming out by end of 2017 to make an honest determination? There ya go. :P

Lets see I've played (so far)

• RE7
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Berserk and Band of the Hawk
  • PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds
  • Dawn of War 3
  • Nier Automata
  • MEA
  • Injustice 2
  • The Surge
  • Conan Exiles
  • LoZ Botw
  • Persona 5
  • For Honor
  • Prey
  • Nioh
  • Yakuza 0
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5 remix
  • TWD A New Frontier

Unlike the majority of people on this website, I actually play games XD

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 SecretPolice

@Ballroompirate said:
@SecretPolice said:

• RE7
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Dawn of War 3
  • Nier Automata
  • MEA
  • Injustice 2
  • The Surge
  • Conan Exiles
  • LoZ Botw
  • Persona 5
  • For Honor
  • Prey
  • Nioh
  • Yakuza 0
  • TWD A New Frontier

Coolness but you did get the gist of my post right ie., lots-o-games yet to come this year so already calling a GOTY is a bit foolish or something even worse. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#205 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@aigis said:
@jumpaction said:

@aigis: You win the award for most patient user of the year. :)

lol, thanks :P

I couldnt have done this by myself though, I would like to thank all the users here for their support

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#206 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

PS3+PS4 and only 1.5 million gamers bought it. You just know people are lying about playing it with sales like that. Have you actually seen those games? Witcher 3 was a GOTY game for a reason.

No one said, even once, that the sales are PS4 only. Let's start with that.

Secondly, sales do not, and never have had, anything to do with what game wins Game of the Year. In 2006, Oblivion won Game of the Year, with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide, over the span of an entire year. Demon's Soul won in 2009, that still hasn't hit a million. The Walking Dead and Journey won in 2012, both are niche as shit. Dark Souls won in 2011, with less than 2 million sold worldwide at the time.

TL;DR: stop making shit up. Thanks.

Game bombed. Not enough people have played it to even consider it for game of the year. You think Japanese games are the shit, yet if that was true the game would top the charts and sell millions.

1. Didnt bomb
  2. When does sales have to do with quality?

If we are looking at the game, Persona 5 has the same MC score as the Witcher 3 (PC version) (and a better score than the Xbone and PS4 versions too). How does 7 points from perfect not make it a goty type game? If quality was based on sales then I guess its between Fifa and CoD, the true goats

Did not bomb, please. Game Dev's said 1.5 million copies shipped that's not even sold to customers. And they shipped copies for PS3 and PS4. Game was not success.

If a game was a true GOTY gamers would be buying it. Playstation gamer's need to stop hyping shit that don't sell on a system they hype up everyday on this site. We know why Persona 5 got high rated reviews, the reviewer is a fan of Japanese games.

you wot?

I want to tell you to stfu .... but I can't . I might get banned.

But I'm feeling quite frustrated with the fact that you can post something this stupid and still get away with it.

There must be a special place in hell for people posting cringe at this high frequency.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

@aigis:

Truth hurts, don't it? She was a lame robot girl archetype who wasn't even of much use in combat outside cutscenes.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:

Not in my top 10 up to this point.

My top 10 will probably be something akin to:

1) Yakuza Kiwami, 2) Yakuza 0, 3) Ni no Kuni 2, 4) Persona 5, 5) Nier Automata, 6) Gravity Rush 2, 7) Spider-man, 8) Horizon Zero Dawn, 9)

Games I put above Breath of the Wild from this year: Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 0, Ni no Kuni 2, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Spider-man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nex Machina, Nioh, Resident Evil 7, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Torment: Tides of Numenera, The Surge, Absolver, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3, Valkyria Revolution, Hollow Knight, Toukiden 2, Zero Escape: the Nonary Games, The Sexy Brutale, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Get Even (potentially, could end up as trash), Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Tokyo 42, Dragon Quest XI, Everybody's Golf, Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, The Bards Tale IV, Shenmue 3, A Hat in Time, Agony, Dauntless, Death's Gambit, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Earth Defense Force 5 (it'll be inferior as far as technical level but it'll be infinitely more fun), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Lords of the Fallen 2 (if The Surge is anything to go off of), Matterfall, Mages of Mystralia, Metal Gear Survive (up in the air), Nidhogg 2, Nine Parchments, Pillars of the Earth, Punch Club 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Citizen (lol this isn't coming out), Sundered, Super Mario Odyssey, The Church in the Darkness, The Escapists 2, The Guild 3, Total War: Warhammer 2, Vampyr, Windjammers, and some more games.

Assassin's Creed's next game for fucks sake is likely going to be better than Breath of the Wild.

you are such a Sony fanboy that you right a big long list of games Many of which haven't released and some that you haven't yet played............... just to discredit Breath of the Wild? LOL

Almost that entire list beyond the first like 6-7 are multi plat for the most part and that's a super good list.

Ni no Kuni 2 is not exclusive, Resi 7 isn't exclusive (though psvr is timed exclusive for vr systems), Middle Earth isn't exclusive, Torment is mainly a pc game, The Surge isn't exclusive, Absolver isn't exclusive, Dawn of War 3 is exclusive to pc, Valkyria Revolution si on pc as well I believe. HOllow Knight isn't exclusive, The Sexy Brutale might actually be pc exclusive, Get even isn't exclusive, Tokyo 42 isn't exclusive, Dragon Quest XI is also on the switch or 3ds or something, Marvel vs Capcom: INfinite isn't exclusive, Hellbalde isn't exclusive, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is mainly a pc focused game, Bards Tale IV is pc exclusive, Shenmue 3 isn't exclusive, A Hat in Time is pc exclusive, Agony is pc exclusive, Dauntless I think may or may not be pc exclusive, Death's gambit isn't exclusive, divinity: original sin 2 is mainly a pc game, lords of the fallen 2 isn't exclusive, mages of mystralia I believe is pc exclusive but could be wrong, metal gear survive isn't exclusive, nidhogg 2 isn't exclusive, nine partchments isn't exclusive, pillars of the earth might be a pc exclusive, punch club 2 might be pc exclusive, red dead redemption 2 isn't exclusive, star citizen is mainly a pc game, sundered might be a pc exclusive, super mario odyssey is switch exclusive, the church in the darkness might be pc exclusive, the escapists 2 isn't exclusive, the guild 3 is pc exclusive, total war: warhammer 2 is pc exclusive, vampyr might be pc exclusive.

You call me a sony fanboy but half of the exclusives on the list if not more than half are pc exclusives, you took a shot in the dark and failed.

I'll praise the switch when it starts driving out good games like xenoblade 2 on the regular and I'm not going to count games like disgaea 5 on my list since that was already on ps4 in what, 2014 or 2015 in the US, so that clearly isn't up for it even though that game deserves to be in that list.

Games I put above Breath of the Wild from this year: Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Spider-man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Toukiden 2, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Everybody's Golf, Earth Defense Force 5, Matterfall, and Windjammers.

Those are the ps4 exclusives I listed, chances are Earth Defense Force 5 and Matterfall will end up on pc later down the line as well.

That's a solid list of games, Yakuza is my favorite series, Gravity Rush 2 was great, Spider-Man is insomniac and it looks great, Horizon Zero Dawn was great, NIoh was great, Toukiden is a good series akin to monster hunter, dragon quest heroes is a good series just like hyrule warriors was, Guilty Gear is arguably the best fighter in gaming, Everybody's Golf looks like it'll be fun with friends, EDF is the most fun bad game out there, Matterfall is housemarque, and Windjammers is a fun couch co op game.

There is a difference between fanboying the ps4 and ps4 simply revealing amazing games.

Sorry your piece of plastic is disappointing you but I'm playing fun games. The only game you have till mario is arms which looks pretty fun I guess, the games that interest me for exclusives on switch are only arms, mario odyssey (barely), xenoblade 2, and a suda51 potential game. You've lost, you're the fanboy.

Lol what a wall-o-text rant.

I didn't say any of the games were exclusive did I?

I own an PS4 and an X1.. funny how you assume i am a nintendo fanboy. the only nintendo console i've ever owned was a gameboy.

Once again, you prove it

*deep pitiful sigh*

Oh, you're using the same picture twice in a row?

You called someone who listed nintendo, pc, and ps4 games a sony fanboy.

You're a horrible flame baiter.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 PutASpongeOn

@mmmwksil said:

@aigis:

Truth hurts, don't it? She was a lame robot girl archetype who wasn't even of much use in combat outside cutscenes.

What game are we talking about? I'm too lazy to go back in pages to establish an opinion.

Persona 5 sold pretty well, series records I believe.

Nier Automata sold pretty well.

Nier is the only robot girl game I can think of.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#210 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I think a more appropriate question is, "OF THOSE WHO PLAYED IT, Who DOESN'T think BotW is GotY?"

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#211 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I think a more appropriate question is, "OF THOSE WHO PLAYED IT, Who DOESN'T think BotW is GotY?"

True, but since pretty much everyone who's played BotW loves it, this thread would probably have been pretty barren with that title..

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 musicalmac  Moderator

@Litchie said:
@musicalmac said:

True, but since pretty much everyone who's played BotW loves it, this thread would probably have been pretty barren with that title..

Hehe, but aren't those the only people who can really speak to this? I'd say--YES.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#213 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

For my personal GOTY it's Yakuza 0.

It reminded me of how awesome old school brawlers were back in the day, plus the Serious Japanese Soap Opera story was great, add unserious and outlandish side quests and you have one heck of a game.

Does Yakuza 0 have flaws? Yes, not all dialogue has a voice over (Just Like BOTW), there are invisible walls, and there are a ton of subtitles. (The subtitles didn't bother me, as the japanese voice acting is phenomenal and really adds to all of the character's personality)

Yakuza 0 is my GOTY so far, There's still a ton of games I need to play, Like Persona 5 (I just bought it), Nioh, and Neir. But my most anticipated upcoming game is Yakuza kiwami.

I have played BOTW; and while it's a great game, for me it's just a little on the boring side. Mainly because I HATE the climbing. It's boring, it takes too long, and I hate having to get orbs to get more stamina.....because I hate the shrines too, they all look the same and aren't nearly as awesome to explore as the main world is.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Apparently charizard, else he wouldn't have made this thread...idk

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 PutASpongeOn

@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:

you are such a Sony fanboy that you right a big long list of games Many of which haven't released and some that you haven't yet played............... just to discredit Breath of the Wild? LOL

Almost that entire list beyond the first like 6-7 are multi plat for the most part and that's a super good list.

Ni no Kuni 2 is not exclusive, Resi 7 isn't exclusive (though psvr is timed exclusive for vr systems), Middle Earth isn't exclusive, Torment is mainly a pc game, The Surge isn't exclusive, Absolver isn't exclusive, Dawn of War 3 is exclusive to pc, Valkyria Revolution si on pc as well I believe. HOllow Knight isn't exclusive, The Sexy Brutale might actually be pc exclusive, Get even isn't exclusive, Tokyo 42 isn't exclusive, Dragon Quest XI is also on the switch or 3ds or something, Marvel vs Capcom: INfinite isn't exclusive, Hellbalde isn't exclusive, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is mainly a pc focused game, Bards Tale IV is pc exclusive, Shenmue 3 isn't exclusive, A Hat in Time is pc exclusive, Agony is pc exclusive, Dauntless I think may or may not be pc exclusive, Death's gambit isn't exclusive, divinity: original sin 2 is mainly a pc game, lords of the fallen 2 isn't exclusive, mages of mystralia I believe is pc exclusive but could be wrong, metal gear survive isn't exclusive, nidhogg 2 isn't exclusive, nine partchments isn't exclusive, pillars of the earth might be a pc exclusive, punch club 2 might be pc exclusive, red dead redemption 2 isn't exclusive, star citizen is mainly a pc game, sundered might be a pc exclusive, super mario odyssey is switch exclusive, the church in the darkness might be pc exclusive, the escapists 2 isn't exclusive, the guild 3 is pc exclusive, total war: warhammer 2 is pc exclusive, vampyr might be pc exclusive.

You call me a sony fanboy but half of the exclusives on the list if not more than half are pc exclusives, you took a shot in the dark and failed.

I'll praise the switch when it starts driving out good games like xenoblade 2 on the regular and I'm not going to count games like disgaea 5 on my list since that was already on ps4 in what, 2014 or 2015 in the US, so that clearly isn't up for it even though that game deserves to be in that list.

Games I put above Breath of the Wild from this year: Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Spider-man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Toukiden 2, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Everybody's Golf, Earth Defense Force 5, Matterfall, and Windjammers.

Those are the ps4 exclusives I listed, chances are Earth Defense Force 5 and Matterfall will end up on pc later down the line as well.

That's a solid list of games, Yakuza is my favorite series, Gravity Rush 2 was great, Spider-Man is insomniac and it looks great, Horizon Zero Dawn was great, NIoh was great, Toukiden is a good series akin to monster hunter, dragon quest heroes is a good series just like hyrule warriors was, Guilty Gear is arguably the best fighter in gaming, Everybody's Golf looks like it'll be fun with friends, EDF is the most fun bad game out there, Matterfall is housemarque, and Windjammers is a fun couch co op game.

There is a difference between fanboying the ps4 and ps4 simply revealing amazing games.

Sorry your piece of plastic is disappointing you but I'm playing fun games. The only game you have till mario is arms which looks pretty fun I guess, the games that interest me for exclusives on switch are only arms, mario odyssey (barely), xenoblade 2, and a suda51 potential game. You've lost, you're the fanboy.

Lol what a wall-o-text rant.

I didn't say any of the games were exclusive did I?

I own an PS4 and an X1.. funny how you assume i am a nintendo fanboy. the only nintendo console i've ever owned was a gameboy.

Once again, you prove it

*deep pitiful sigh*

Haven't even flame baited you once.

rather than just saying "oh i didn't enjoy it".......yeah, you listed a whole heap of games, (many of which aren't even out) to discredit one of the most warmly received games ever.

why would you do that if you are not a fanboy?

A heap of top end games, the ones that aren't out have previous games to prove they are going to be at least good games.

Warmly received is irrelevant, not to mention most of that is zelda dick riding nostalgia.

I don't like meh games getting praise while people still complain about there not being good games this generation when there are vastly better games than the ones being praised that don't sell well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 SecretPolice

@poe13 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Hehe, Winner, winner, chicken dinner mah friend. :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Sometimes I really think you are the f*cking worst moderator.

Keep this circle j*rk in Pedosona page.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#219  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@putaspongeon: Bro it's ok you don't like Zelda, no one cares. Go find your own goty, let us have our greatest game ever made that critics and fans agree is amazing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#220  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

I doesnot think it is game of the year.

My GOTY so far is Prey.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Litchie

@SecretPolice said:
@poe13 said:
@SecretPolice said:

I think Charizard left out "so far", since he thought people would understand that themselves.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#222 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@SecretPolice said:

• RE7
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Dawn of War 3
  • Nier Automata
  • MEA
  • Injustice 2
  • The Surge
  • Conan Exiles
  • LoZ Botw
  • Persona 5
  • For Honor
  • Prey
  • Nioh
  • Yakuza 0
  • TWD A New Frontier

Coolness but you did get the gist of my post right ie., lots-o-games yet to come this year so already calling a GOTY is a bit foolish or something even worse. lol :P

Theres not that many games left for this year, specially since june and july are gonna be bare as hell. You have a few games aug-sept (destiny 2 and shadows of war) and oct-dec is even as bad as aug-sept. In fact you have rest of the year (potential games that aren't gonna be crappy-meh-avg so I'm not gonna list all the fraking shovel ware devs list)

(late) May-July:

• Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Rime (honestly it doesnt look as good as when it was first shown off)
  • FF14 ARR Stormblood expansion
  • Arms (honestly this game looks crappy but I'm gonna make the sheep happy with this freebie)
  • Splatoon 2
  • FF12 HD
  • DQ 11

Aug-Sept

• Agents of Mayhem (looks promising)
  • Middle Earth Shadows of War
  • Destiny 2 (most likely will bomb cause how bad Destiny was tell it's 3rd expansion)

Oct-Dec

• South Park The Fractured But Whole
  • Star Wars BF2

There's plenty of TBAs which I'm not gonna list cause honestly games like RDR 2 most likely won't see a 2017 release date, so as you can see the rest of 2017 is pretty meh. Out of the rest of the year I'll end up buying 5-6 more games bringing it to 24+ games played in 2017, so far Botw has my goty locked in but my top 5 list (2-5) has been changing every month so far.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 poe13

@Litchie: I'm sure he did, I'm just giving him shit if he's reading this.

Personally, I haven't played Zelda, but I've watched many hours of my brother playing through it and it doesn't look like its for me. I absolutely love Ocarina of Time. One of my favorite games ever. But since The Wind Waker, I just don't like the direction of the childish animation that Nintendo has taken with Zelda. Everything is too cartoonish for me. Maybe it's because I'm older now and I prefer more mature open worlds like The Witcher 3.

Just my opinion. I'm sure its a fantastic game and it will most likely win GOTY, especially if RDR2 doesn't come out. Not my cup of tea though.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I'm sure Zelda is good but it's definitely overrated. RDR2 will probably take it for me. I still have to play P5 and South Park is hype as well.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#226  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@mmmwksil: Naw, she is awesome in combat. Best physical dmg and awesome buffs. At least she doesn't spam Marin karin.

Combat aside, she is the main girl and has most of the story beats. When Mitsuru gets a full epilogue, you would have a point

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 aigis

@putaspongeon: we're talking persona 3

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 SecretPolice

@Ballroompirate said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Ballroompirate said:
@SecretPolice said:

• RE7
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Dawn of War 3
  • Nier Automata
  • MEA
  • Injustice 2
  • The Surge
  • Conan Exiles
  • LoZ Botw
  • Persona 5
  • For Honor
  • Prey
  • Nioh
  • Yakuza 0
  • TWD A New Frontier

Theres not that many games left for this year, specially since june and july are gonna be bare as hell. You have a few games aug-sept (destiny 2 and shadows of war) and oct-dec is even as bad as aug-sept. In fact you have rest of the year (potential games that aren't gonna be crappy-meh-avg so I'm not gonna list all the fraking shovel ware devs list)

(late) May-July:

• Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Rime (honestly it doesnt look as good as when it was first shown off)
  • FF14 ARR Stormblood expansion
  • Arms (honestly this game looks crappy but I'm gonna make the sheep happy with this freebie)
  • Splatoon 2
  • FF12 HD
  • DQ 11

Aug-Sept

• Agents of Mayhem (looks promising)
  • Middle Earth Shadows of War
  • Destiny 2 (most likely will bomb cause how bad Destiny was tell it's 3rd expansion)

Oct-Dec

• South Park The Fractured But Whole
  • Star Wars BF2

There's plenty of TBAs which I'm not gonna list cause honestly games like RDR 2 most likely won't see a 2017 release date, so as you can see the rest of 2017 is pretty meh. Out of the rest of the year I'll end up buying 5-6 more games bringing it to 24+ games played in 2017, so far Botw has my goty locked in but my top 5 list (2-5) has been changing every month so far.

They may not be official yet but come E3 me thinks they will so there's likely many, many more. Games the likes of Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 just to name a few plus with Mighty Scorpio launching, FM7 launching with it seems very high and I'm very hyped for'em all and think they can be contenders. as well.

Eh, ether way my point stands mah friend, does it not?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 SecretPolice

@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@poe13 said:
@SecretPolice said:

I think Charizard left out "so far", since he thought people would understand that themselves.

I think others understand themselves that you here making excuses for him is unneeded and a bit lackey-ish. lol :P.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Litchie
@poe13 said:

@Litchie: I'm sure he did, I'm just giving him shit if he's reading this.

Why though? I see unwarranted hate towards Charizard every day here. He makes great informative threads about games he love. He's a great poster, imo. Is it his love for the games he likes that you guys hate or what? Yeah, he likes games a lot, which results in him making threads about them. It's not weird..

@poe13 said:
Personally, I haven't played Zelda, but I've watched many hours of my brother playing through it and it doesn't look like its for me. I absolutely love Ocarina of Time. One of my favorite games ever. But since The Wind Waker, I just don't like the direction of the childish animation that Nintendo has taken with Zelda. Everything is too cartoonish for me. Maybe it's because I'm older now and I prefer more mature open worlds like The Witcher 3.

Just my opinion. I'm sure its a fantastic game and it will most likely win GOTY, especially if RDR2 doesn't come out. Not my cup of tea though."

Sounds kind of like you're dismissing a game because of its visuals? Insanity, I say. Do yourself a favor and expereince what the fuzz is about. Especially since you love Ocarina of Time so much. Merely watching someone else play doesn't really give you the experience. Revive your childlike wonder! :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Litchie

@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@poe13 said:

I think others understand themselves that you here making excuses for him is unneeded and a bit lackey-ish. lol :P.

So now I'm a lackey. Great. So what am I now? An Xbox-hating Charizard-lackey? Cool, cool. What if I like eating fish? Am I sexually attracted to fish then? Or a meat-hater perhaps?

I just dislike stupidity and wanted to show it.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 poe13

@Litchie: Look, I'm kidding around. Giving him shit. Not flaming. Get it? I was making a joke. Calm down.

And perhaps one day I will play it on my brother's Wii U (he didn't think one game justified the purchase of a new console and I agree, plus the Wii U version isn't completely terrible like some are saying). No, I'm not dismissing it on its visuals alone. I don't like all of the flashy arrow pointing to enemy, enemies that wobble around not looking as ferocious as some of the enemies in Ocarina or Majora's Mask did, the dozens of mini-guardian fights at the end of those shrines.

Again, I'm not dismissing this game outright. I know that watching someone play is different than actually playing it, but typically after watching gameplay is what I do (and reviews) before thinking of buying something and BotW does not give me that "MUST BUY THIS" thinking in my head. It just looks okay to me. I'm sure it is a great game though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SecretPolice

@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@poe13 said:

So now I'm a lackey. Great. So what am I now? An Xbox-hating Charizard-lackey? Cool, cool. What if I like eating fish? Am I sexually attracted to fish then? Or a meat-hater pehaps?

Boy, after what you just typed; if you dislike stupidity you must be one self disliking kinda person. So sad, so very, very sad.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Litchie

@poe13 said:

@Litchie: Look, I'm kidding around. Giving him shit. Not flaming. Get it? I was making a joke. Calm down.

And perhaps one day I will play it on my brother's Wii U (he didn't think one game justified the purchase of a new console and I agree, plus the Wii U version isn't completely terrible like some are saying). No, I'm not dismissing it on its visuals alone. I don't like all of the flashy arrow pointing to enemy, enemies that wobble around not looking as ferocious as some of the enemies in Ocarina or Majora's Mask did, the dozens of mini-guardian fights at the end of those shrines.

Again, I'm not dismissing this game outright. I know that watching someone play is different than actually playing it, but typically after watching gameplay is what I do (and reviews) before thinking of buying something and BotW does not give me that "MUST BUY THIS" thinking in my head. It just looks okay to me. I'm sure it is a great game though.

LOL, ok. I'm calm, it's just the copious amount of hate towards him I find baffling, and I thought you were one of the haters. But I think you should at least give the game a whirl. If you're not hooked after a few hours it's probably not for you. But I think the reasons why you like OoT, those reasons can definitely be found in BotW.

@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:

So now I'm a lackey. Great. So what am I now? An Xbox-hating Charizard-lackey? Cool, cool. What if I like eating fish? Am I sexually attracted to fish then? Or a meat-hater pehaps?

Boy, after what you just typed; if you dislike stupidity you must be one self disliking kinda person. So sad, so very, very sad.

But you're the one labeling me after every comment I make. Just wanted to be obviously stupid back at you, so you'd understand exactly what I think is stupid. But I always get a headache after talking to you, so I'll just stop now..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SecretPolice

@Litchie said:
@poe13 said:

LOL, ok. I'm calm, it's just the copious amount of hate towards him I find baffling, and I thought you were one of the haters. But I think you should at least give the game a whirl. If you're not hooked after a few hours it's probably not for you. But I think the reason why you like OoT, those reasons can definitely be found in BotW.

@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:

But you're the one labeling me after every comment I make. Just wanted to be obviously stupid back at you, so you'd understand exactly what I think is stupid. But I always get a headache after talking to you, so I'll just stop now..

Firstly, ignoring your BH aside, if you get a headache from me then stop quoting me especially when what I posted had nothing to do with you. Secondly don't just stop "now" please stop forever since you're just not worth wasting the SP's key-stokes these dayzzz.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Breath of the Wild reinvigorated the tired open world formula. This is a landmark game that other developers will be taking inspiration from for years to come. Wander-lust has never been so heavily rewarded in a game ever before. It's probably been over 2 decades since I've felt this sense of wonder and mystery in a game. It's truly a remarkable achievement and not awarding game of the year seems almost silly.

While I might play a game this year I enjoy more on a personal level, I can't see anything matching the groundbreaking qualities of Breath of the Wild. I feel like the last time a game did something this exceptional was Metroid Prime back in 2002.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#237 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2951 Posts

Botw is my goty but the only games I've played released this year are it and phantom dust if that counts.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 PutASpongeOn

@aigis said:

@putaspongeon: we're talking persona 3

Ah then I have no horse in the race, I've never played any of the past personas and I've heard about a lot of their issues and how 5 improved on them.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:
@sts106mat said:
@putaspongeon said:

*deep pitiful sigh*

Haven't even flame baited you once.

rather than just saying "oh i didn't enjoy it".......yeah, you listed a whole heap of games, (many of which aren't even out) to discredit one of the most warmly received games ever.

why would you do that if you are not a fanboy?

A heap of top end games, the ones that aren't out have previous games to prove they are going to be at least good games.

Warmly received is irrelevant, not to mention most of that is zelda dick riding nostalgia.

I don't like meh games getting praise while people still complain about there not being good games this generation when there are vastly better games than the ones being praised that don't sell well.

comparing a well received game with a list of games that aren't even out ? lol

Dick riding Nostalgia? = BULLSHIT Very few games get by on just nostalgia. I can't think of any that spring to mind.

You sound like an angry kid.

Probably you are upset because some obscure JRPG game hasn't been given the attention you think it deserves.

NEWSFLASH

here are the headlines

• Just because something is popular, it doesn't make it shit or "meh" for everyone else.
  • The fact that you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone else is is wrong.
  • Letting what other people enjoy effect your enjoyment of one product or another is SAD.
  • Trying to tell others they are lying to themselves about their enjoyment of a game is SAD
  • Listing games that aren't even out yet (seemingly every game you can think of) in an effort to discredit Zelda is SAD.

I'll list one, Zelda: Breath of the Wild

It's not a trash game but it's heavily flawed and over praised, ie where the nostalgia blinders come on.

Meh, popular doesn't mean something is bad, I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones, sex, the guitar, kpop, and many other things, however something can easily be over hyped.

Breath of the Wild isn't even close to the game people praise it as, people act like it's the best video game of all time.

Welcome to system wars I guess, you learn slowly.

Time for you to leave? You clearly don't belong in system wars if you are saying stuff like that.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 PutASpongeOn

@iandizion713 said:

@putaspongeon: Bro it's ok you don't like Zelda, no one cares. Go find your own goty, let us have our greatest game ever made that critics and fans agree is amazing.

It's not even the greatest game of it's month.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@putaspongeon: You'll live mate.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#242 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I haven't played Zelda yet and I am still playing P5. So I have no answer yet.

Plus Super Mario Odyssey is coming out later this year so I have no idea yet. I will say that Horizon is good but it came out against heavy hitters.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases this year...so... yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@putaspongeon: In Breath of the Wild's defense, games getting high scores despite their flaws isn't exclusive to Zelda. That's just game critics in general.

Breath of the Wild doesn't even invoke that much nostlgia toward past Zelda games. There are trickles of past Zelda songs and sounds but it's really quite its own thing.

Don't get me wrong, Breath of the Wild is a flawed game and I do think critics are too easy on the series but it's not like Zelda is the only series that I feel this applies to nor do I think nostalgia is the contributing factor. It's just critics generally not being critical enough...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#246 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Waaaaaaaaaay too early to be declaring any game GotY.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Of the games I've played so far this year, Zelda is clearly the best. That said, I do think it is a somewhat flawed game, and I would be surprised if Mario Odyssey isn't better than it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By aigis
@Litchie said:
@musicalmac said:

I have beat BotW and dont think it is worthy of goty...

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@sts106mat said:

@putaspongeon: i also like the guitar and play myself, i have three.

I dont go around telling people that gibson is over rated and cheap mexican strat is the way to go....which is what you doing.

i fully understand system wars ive been a member here longer than youve had pubes dude.

I've had pubes since before 2005.

I'm 24.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 musicalmac  Moderator

@aigis said:
@Litchie said:
@musicalmac said:

I have beat BotW and dont think it is worthy of goty...

There we go, silly to make assumptions. See, @Litchie?