Who DOESN'T think Breath of the Wild is Game of the Year?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8418 Posts

@godlygamer said:
@jaydan said:
@Advid-Gamer said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

@charizard1605: Your right I have a crush, send me a PM :) Pics please..

You're really not my type.

Im every girls type.

What a conceited, arrogant thing to say. Most women I've known in my life find those qualities to be huge turn-offs.

False, most women swoon for guys like that.

Thank you, troll. Your sarcasm was quite effective here.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

If Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove doesn;t count, then yeah, BotW would be my GotY. Though that isn't exactly saying much as I haven't played much else from 2017.

While BotW was great, I didn't find it absoluletly amazing or anywhere near perfect. I could see another game or even multiple ones that could impress me more (Super Mario Odyssey maybe?)

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@aigis said:

I should be offended, but at least im above Char, so Im happy there.

Rise is the worst out of the 4 though

You thought Futaba was the best girl in P5. And I cannot begin to fathom which girl you think is best in P3. Your opinion is invalid.

@jg4xchamp said:

Naoto is a dumb ****

I rest my case.

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 GodlyGamer
Member since 2017 • 77 Posts

If Mass Effect Andromeda just turned all of the characters into anime than it would be getting 10/10. It just was not waifu simulator or Open world for the sake of open world enough for reviewers.

Hell Andromeda has a far larger map size even being sectioned off than Faileda could dream of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@godlygamer said:
@charizard1605 said:

Well, this thread has certainly been a ride.

Not really it has been one of the worst threads, and you have expressed severe bias against me for disrespecting Persona 5 in your hype thread. I feel persecuted by the moderation staff as much as Microsoft is persecuted by gamespot and these stupid forums.

Yes, I hold severe grudges against people who disrespect Persona

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#106  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@godlygamer said:
@charizard1605 said:

Well, this thread has certainly been a ride.

Not really it has been one of the worst threads, and you have expressed severe bias against me for disrespecting Persona 5 in your hype thread. I feel persecuted by the moderation staff as much as Microsoft is persecuted by gamespot and these stupid forums.

lol, youre welcome to come back to the hype thread :P

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

This entire post is laughable as shit

PS3+PS4 and only 1.5 million gamers bought it. You just know people are lying about playing it with sales like that. Have you actually seen those games? Witcher 3 was a GOTY game for a reason.

No one said, even once, that the sales are PS4 only. Let's start with that.

Secondly, sales do not, and never have had, anything to do with what game wins Game of the Year. In 2006, Oblivion won Game of the Year, with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide, over the span of an entire year. Demon's Soul won in 2009, that still hasn't hit a million. The Walking Dead and Journey won in 2012, both are niche as shit. Dark Souls won in 2011, with less than 2 million sold worldwide at the time.

TL;DR: stop making shit up. Thanks.

Game bombed. Not enough people have played it to even consider it for game of the year. You think Japanese games are the shit, yet if that was true the game would top the charts and sell millions.

1. Didnt bomb
  2. When does sales have to do with quality?

If we are looking at the game, Persona 5 has the same MC score as the Witcher 3 (PC version) (and a better score than the Xbone and PS4 versions too). How does 7 points from perfect not make it a goty type game? If quality was based on sales then I guess its between Fifa and CoD, the true goats

Did not bomb, please. Game Dev's said 1.5 million copies shipped that's not even sold to customers. And they shipped copies for PS3 and PS4. Game was not success.

If a game was a true GOTY gamers would be buying it. Playstation gamer's need to stop hyping shit that don't sell on a system they hype up everyday on this site. We know why Persona 5 got high rated reviews, the reviewer is a fan of Japanese games.

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GodlyGamer

@jaydan said:
@godlygamer said:
@jaydan said:
@Advid-Gamer said:
@charizard1605 said:

You're really not my type.

Im every girls type.

What a conceited, arrogant thing to say. Most women I've known in my life find those qualities to be huge turn-offs.

False, most women swoon for guys like that.

Thank you, troll. Your sarcasm was quite effective here.

Not trolling, I thought it was common knowledge women like being abused and like jerks rather than nice guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

PS3+PS4 and only 1.5 million gamers bought it. You just know people are lying about playing it with sales like that. Have you actually seen those games? Witcher 3 was a GOTY game for a reason.

Secondly, sales do not, and never have had, anything to do with what game wins Game of the Year. In 2006, Oblivion won Game of the Year, with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide, over the span of an entire year. Demon's Soul won in 2009, that still hasn't hit a million. The Walking Dead and Journey won in 2012, both are niche as shit. Dark Souls won in 2011, with less than 2 million sold worldwide at the time.

Game bombed. Not enough people have played it to even consider it for game of the year. You think Japanese games are the shit, yet if that was true the game would top the charts and sell millions.

1. Didnt bomb

If we are looking at the game, Persona 5 has the same MC score as the Witcher 3 (PC version) (and a better score than the Xbone and PS4 versions too). How does 7 points from perfect not make it a goty type game? If quality was based on sales then I guess its between Fifa and CoD, the true goats

Did not bomb, please. Game Dev's said 1.5 million copies shipped that's not even sold to customers. And they shipped copies for PS3 and PS4. Game was not success.

If a game was a true GOTY gamers would be buying it. Playstation gamer's need to stop hyping shit that don't sell on a system they hype up everyday on this site. We know why Persona 5 got high rated reviews, the reviewer is a fan of Japanese games.

Every reviewer is a fan of Japanese games, yes

Do we agree Oblivion bombed too?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 aigis

@jg4xchamp said:
@aigis said:
@jg4xchamp said:

She's a bottom bitch in comparison to glorious Yukiko, she doesn't even belong in the same game as Rise. GOSH!

I think we can all agree that none of them are as good as Naoto though

Naoto is a dumb ****

Naoto 'Ace Detective' Shirogane? She found out the note was written in invisible ink, if thats not genius level, I dont know what is

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 aigis

@mmmwksil said:
@aigis said:

I should be offended, but at least im above Char, so Im happy there.

Rise is the worst out of the 4 though

You thought Futaba was the best girl in P5. And I cannot begin to fathom which girl you think is best in P3. Your opinion is invalid.

I know you like Mitsuru, so ya, this doesnt turn out well :P

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:

1. Didnt bomb

Oblivion sold millions and millions of copies?

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GodlyGamer

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:

1. Didnt bomb

Nah, they just were afraid for their life because the Japanese take review scores far too seriously. I love how in Germany or America we don't do this death threat bullshit over a review with perfectly valid critiques of a game.

That nearly half a percentage on some obscure game ranking sites... Oh no! Someone drop the tofu and send the threats!

Did Far Cry's developer threaten to kill Japanese reviewers that review it negatively? Clearly there is some racism involved by the Japanese as well.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jaydan

@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

1. Didnt bomb

Isn't that kinda the point though, when publications decide on who reviews different games?

If a shooter is going to get reviewed then they're gonna have someone that has a niche and knowledge for shooters to review it, right? I don't see the point of reviewing a sports game if the reviewer isn't even a fan of sports games. That's why publications usually hire people of different backgrounds and diversities, because one size does not fit all. It's called finding people of the particular target-audience to give a proper assessment of such style of game.

It's not like JRPG's have been under some great renaissance over the last few years either, despite there being enough of them released. Besides a few great hits, including Xenoblade Chronicles and Ni No Kuni, great JRPG's haven't been particularly abundant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
@loe12k said:

1. Didnt bomb

Oblivion sold millions and million of copies?

Oblivion sold 1.8 million copies in the year that it won GotY. Keep ignoring that.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@charizard1605: So, a game that has a higher attach rate to all gamers is set to bow down to a Weeb game that has a low attach rate? LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@charizard1605: So, a game that has a higher attach rate to all gamers is set to bow down to a Weeb game that has a low attach rate? LOL

Here's Exhibit B in 'sales make for GotY'

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GodlyGamer

@FireEmblem_Man said:

At this point critics hardly matter, they believe Zelda is better than Mass Effect Andromeda.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 FireEmblem_Man

@godlygamer said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

At this point critics hardly matter, they believe Zelda is better than Mass Effect Andromeda.

Zelda IS better than Andromeda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

This thread was a mistake

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 FireEmblem_Man

@charizard1605 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Here's Exhibit B in 'sales make for GotY'

And more Accolades than Lamesona 5

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 aigis
@loe12k said:

Again, it didnt. Its literally Atlus' most successful game. Best selling in Japan, tops PSN digital sales in April here, the first JRPG to top the European charts in 4 years. But yes, a bomb

@loe12k said:

If a game was a true GOTY gamers would be buying it.

again, CoD and Fifa for goty. You are so right

@loe12k said:

the reviewer is a fan of Japanese games.

ya... the reviewer... all 87 of them.... biased for Japan... and nobody gave a mixed score....

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mmmwksil
@aigis said:

I know you like Mitsuru, so ya, this doesnt turn out well :P

Please tell me. I am actually dying to know.

halo_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 halo_rules
Member since 2017 • 61 Posts

Halo Wars 2 deserves GOTY.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@aigis said:
  1. Didnt bomb

Oblivion sold 1.8 million copies in the year that it won GotY. Keep ignoring that.

Oblivion sold 1.7 million copies in just two months and only released for PC and 360. 360 had only launched in 2005..

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jaydan

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, this thread was indeed a mistake. See, I was intending to play Persona 5 for maybe a couple hours more before having to go to bed early to get up for work tomorrow morning, but then this thread started steamrolling out of the flood gate.

Thanks @charizard1605, you ruined my Persona 5 session tonight! :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Oblivion sold 1.7 million copies in just two months and only released for PC and 360. 360 had only launched in 2005..

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

Yes, and Persona 5 sold 1.5 million in two days after launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jaydan said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yes, this thread was indeed a mistake. See, I was intending to play Persona 5 for maybe a couple hours more before having to go to bed early to get up for work tomorrow morning, but then this thread started steamrolling out of the flood gate.

Thanks @charizard1605, you ruined my Persona 5 session tonight! :p

It's okay, distance makes the heart grow fonder. Or something.

I don't know, I'm sorry :(

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By aigis

@mmmwksil said:@aigis said: I know you like Mitsuru, so ya, this doesnt turn out well :P

Please tell me. I am actually dying to know.

P3 is the hardest one for me. Aigis is my favorite character, but they dont give her any date events :(

I like all of them, but my first playthrough I did Yukari. Though my favorite right now is Fuuka

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#130  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

So far, I suppose I would consider it GOTY, but on very tepid ground. I haven't played enough of Nioh, Horizon, or P5 to conclude otherwise. I also very much enjoy Prey, but I'm only 1.5 hours into it thus far.

If it were eligible, I'd vote for Overwatch again.

halo_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 halo_rules
Member since 2017 • 61 Posts

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

Oblivion deserved GOTY, it was no morrowind but yeah, it earned the title. Gorgeous game on release with loads of content. The guild quests were amazing, particularly the thieves guild and dark brotherhood.

I never played Shivering isles.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mmmwksil

@aigis:

I was right. At least you didn't pick Fuuka. Or Chihiro, if socially awkward nerds are your thing...

WAIT

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By aigis

@mmmwksil: you gotta be a badass to date Fuuka

Seriously though: Aigis > Yukari > Fuuka

Fuuka is good for the meme value

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

Few million 360 sales same as 60 million Playstation 4 and 70+ million PS3 to you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

Few million 360 sales same as 60 million Playstation 4 and 70+ million PS3 to you?

I see we keep pretending PC does not exist.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

Persona 5 only released for Playstation consoles, it not a PC game.

1.5 million is a shipped number, not sold to customers.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By mmmwksil
@aigis said:

you gotta be a badass to date Fuuka

Seriously though: Mitsuru > Aigis > Yukari > Fuuka

Fuuka is good for the meme value

Fixed that for you.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By aigis

@loe12k: lol, p5 is not a pc game, you got it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

PS3 got the game in 2007

GOTY was 2006

OBLIVION RELEASED ON PC, ARE YOU DELIBERATELY BEING OBTUSE OR ARE YOU ACTUALLY THIS THICK

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By aigis

@mmmwksil: naw, literally the only thing holding Aigis back is the lack of dates, other than that she wins easy.

If we ignore Aigis and go for the main waifus then any of them are good choices. I liked all their storylines, so really it was just splitting hairs

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mmmwksil

@aigis:

Well Aigis did get a social link. It wasn't great though, and lack of actual dating options probably wouldn't have made it any better.

The fake social link with Elizabeth was better. Aigis isn't all that great a character, and not great in combat either until PQ, and then it was mostly thanks to the combat system that made her a bit better.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

OBLIVION RELEASED ON PC, ARE YOU DELIBERATELY BEING OBTUSE OR ARE YOU ACTUALLY THIS THICK

Why include Oblivion? Have you got the sales figures for PC to even discuss this?

We know 1.5m copies of Persona got shipped to retail stores. How many of the 60 million Playstation gamers, do you think, bought the game? Come on dude and not even including the gamers who still are playing other games on PS3?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Why include Oblivion? Have you got the sales figures for PC to even discuss this?

We know Persona 5 shipped 1.5m to retail stores. How many of the 60 million Playstation gamers bought the game? Come on dude and not even including the gamers who still playing games on PS3?

This is like hitting my head against a wall, I can't do it anymore, nothing is worth this.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

We know Persona 5 shipped 1.5m to retail stores. How many of the 60 million Playstation gamers bought the game? Come on dude and not even including the gamers who still playing games on PS3?

This is like hitting my head against a wall, I can't do it anymore, nothing is worth this.

Back out then. Game bombed just like Dead Rising 4 and Recore bombed. You guys are blind to reality.

Makoto_Niijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Makoto_Niijima
Member since 2017 • 56 Posts

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Back out then. Game bombed just like Dead Rising 4 and Recore bombed. You guys are blind to reality.

i have literally in all my life never seen a dumber discussion

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

BOTW is overrated garbage

Typical boring @ss open world game with horrible pacing and ZERO urgency for the plot.

Nintendo finally made a modern game!

/golfclap

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#147 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Zelda lets me play how I want to play. I'm all about it for Game of the Year.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 FireEmblem_Man

@brah4ever said:

Typical boring @ss open world game with horrible pacing and ZERO urgency for the plot.

/golfclap

Still salty that you couldn't get a Switch and BotW, I see?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#149 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

BOTW is not even on my radar far less being GOTY. But GOTY is really a personal thing so it doesn't really matter.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@brah4ever said:

/golfclap

Still salty that you couldn't get a Switch and BotW, I see?

Broseph, I have BOTW.

It's just Zelda in an empty open world.

Yeah, it maybe the largest scale Zelda game yet but it's also the most shallow.

As wide as an ocean, as deep as puddle = BOTW