Who DOESN'T think Breath of the Wild is Game of the Year?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Advid-Gamer said:

@charizard1605: Your right I have a crush, send me a PM :) Pics please..

You're really not my type.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8443 Posts

@logicallizard07 said:

While Zelda is an awesome game, I still think Super Mario Odyssey and even Splatoon 2 have a chance to outshine it.

While I believe Odyssey has a chance at being something special, I'd be hard-pressed to believe Splatoon 2 will get any such merits as GOTY, as it looks more like an extension to the original than a full-fledged sequel.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Havent played botw, but P5 is easily my best RPG this gen. What i complain about RPG these days are the side quest are so repetitive like witcher 3 and ff15. Whenever i feel bored burning the days, wear your mask and jump to mementos for a change of phase.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jaydan

@Advid-Gamer said:

If you download Tinder, you'll have a greater chance at connecting with dudes in your local area.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#55 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

haven't/wont play either Zelda or P5 (I'd play Zelda but i'm not getting a console for one game).

My GOTY so far is Battlegrounds I guess, i've had more fun playing it than anything else this year even though its early access.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jaydan

@___gamemaster__ said:

Havent played botw, but P5 is easily my best RPG this gen. What i complain about RPG these days are the side quest are so repetitive like witcher 3 and ff15. Whenever i feel bored burning the days, wear your mask and jump to mementos for a change of phase.

Yes, that's one thing I really like about Persona 5. Partly because of its structure with time, the game is always going to be pushing you forward no matter what activity you do; but those activities, completely up to your choice, can vary from taking on mellow tasks to getting straight into the action. All while the game pushes with no exceptions.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@jaydan: Thats a good way to put it. Zelda is innovation, Persona is same ol same ol.

Zelda does open world great, but it lags behind others in literally every other aspect and leaves a lot of room for improvement. Persona 5 is a well more put together game as a whole

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Opinion. Persona and Yakuza are not GOTY contenders. Persona 5 sold 1.5 million copies, it bombed. I heard it was just PS4 sales, later i found out it included sales for PS3 also.

Zelda will be a contender.

This entire post is laughable as shit

PS3+PS4 and only 1.5 million gamers bought it. You just know people are lying about playing it with sales like that. Have you actually seen those games? Witcher 3 was a GOTY game for a reason.

No one said, even once, that the sales are PS4 only. Let's start with that.

Secondly, sales do not, and never have had, anything to do with what game wins Game of the Year. In 2006, Oblivion won Game of the Year, with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide, over the span of an entire year. Demon's Soul won in 2009, that still hasn't hit a million. The Walking Dead and Journey won in 2012, both are niche as shit. Dark Souls won in 2011, with less than 2 million sold worldwide at the time.

TL;DR: stop making shit up. Thanks.

Game bombed. Not enough people have played it to even consider it for game of the year. You think Japanese games are the shit, yet if that was true the game would top the charts and sell millions.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 aigis

@iandizion713 said:

@jaydan: But brings nothing new to the table. It is what it is.

you obviously only watched the game on youtube (only the dungeons of course) and never played the other games either

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Opinion. Persona and Yakuza are not GOTY contenders. Persona 5 sold 1.5 million copies, it bombed. I heard it was just PS4 sales, later i found out it included sales for PS3 also.

PS3+PS4 and only 1.5 million gamers bought it. You just know people are lying about playing it with sales like that. Have you actually seen those games? Witcher 3 was a GOTY game for a reason.

Secondly, sales do not, and never have had, anything to do with what game wins Game of the Year. In 2006, Oblivion won Game of the Year, with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide, over the span of an entire year. Demon's Soul won in 2009, that still hasn't hit a million. The Walking Dead and Journey won in 2012, both are niche as shit. Dark Souls won in 2011, with less than 2 million sold worldwide at the time.

Game bombed. Not enough people have played it to even consider it for game of the year. You think Japanese games are the shit, yet if that was true the game would top the charts and sell millions.

>Make an irrelevant point

>I explain why you are wrong

>Ignore everything I said to make the same irrelevant point again

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jaydan

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

No, you're just making dumb arguments. Charizard is right, sales have never once influenced GOTY choices. If that was true then Call of Duty would be winning every year.

Furthermore, Persona 5 is a certain GOTY contender because...at least to the publications that matter when it comes to giving out these GOTY awards, have presented Persona 5 with universal praise such as saying it's one of the best RPG's in years.

You, on the other hand, have no such credibility. Give your own personal GOTY as we all do, but we're talking about the professional means of GOTY.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I'll be hard pressed to believe I'll like anything else more this year. It's pretty damn good; way better than the jabroni fodder that usually gets gassed up by this forum for the precious "story".

Fucking play Persona 5 like you promised you would, f*ck

Do you really want me to give it a go just so I can shit on a jrpg?

Just because you mother fuckers have no appreciation of actual quality gameplay mechanics, don't mean I don't. Nioh n Nier Automata are higher on my priority list as mechanically they are more my type of thing. Although, Automata will probably be disappointing mechanically by Platinum standards.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 loe12k

@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

What is GOTY contender for you? You're a fan of Japanese games. It's the reason you think Persona 5 is a GOTY contender. Other gamer's dont see why this game is GOTY contender, it not a game they like.

Was Oblivion picked by gamers who like different types of games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I'll be hard pressed to believe I'll like anything else more this year. It's pretty damn good; way better than the jabroni fodder that usually gets gassed up by this forum for the precious "story".

Fucking play Persona 5 like you promised you would, f*ck

Do you really want me to give it a go just so I can shit on a jrpg?

Just because you mother fuckers have no appreciation of actual quality gameplay mechanics, don't mean I don't. Nioh n Nier Automata are higher on my priority list as mechanically they are more my type of thing. Although, Automata will probably be disappointing mechanically by Platinum standards.

You liked Persona 4, there is no universe in which one likes Persona 4 and doesn't like Persona 5 lol. The polish of gameplay mechanics over the older games is actually one of the reasons Persona 5 works as well as it does.

That said, I mean, yeah, try Nioh and Nier too, of course. But fucking get on playing Persona 5 already too ;P

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jaydan

@loe12k: Are you saying that because it's a game from Japan, it does not deserve recognition? You seem to have some sort of bias against Japanese-made games, hmmm....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

What is GOTY contender for you? You're a fan of Japanese games. It's the reason you think Persona 5 is a GOTY contender. Other gamer's dont see why this game is GOTY contender, it not a game they like.

Was Oblivion picked by gamers who like different types of games?

A GotY contender is a great game. Which is what Persona 5 is. It is rated higher than literally every other game this year, except for Breath of the Wild (which, by the way, is the subject of the thread). So, all the critics who pick Game of the Year? They think Persona 5 is better than every game released this year except for Zelda. At least.

Oblivion was picked by those critics. Demon's Souls was picked by those critics. There is no single game in the world that appeals to everyone, f*ck, you find people who don't like Mario Bros. and Wii Sports and Minecraft. Like, no shit. If your argument is 'Persona 5 doesn't appeal to everyone', then give yourself a pat on the back, you have just passed Kindergarten Commonsense 101. If that is not your argument, then you have no argument, and you just seem to be throwing things at the wall... why? What about this game bothers you? That it is not on Xbox?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

My sig says it all.

Someone else pointed out Super Mario Odyssey. I'm not saying it won't be great, but it's Mario. Tight platforming, fun level design, all that jazz. But the only way Mario gets GOTY for me is if there is almost NOTHING else contending that year.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 aigis

@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

1. Didnt bomb
  2. When does sales have to do with quality?

If we are looking at the game, Persona 5 has the same MC score as the Witcher 3 (PC version) (and a better score than the Xbone and PS4 versions too). How does 7 points from perfect not make it a goty type game? If quality was based on sales then I guess its between Fifa and CoD, the true goats

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

I thought P5 was GOTY?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@reduc_ab_ said:

I thought P5 was GOTY?

Yes it is

@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

1. Didnt bomb
  2. When does sales have to do with quality?

If we are looking at the game, Persona 5 has the same MC score as the Witcher 3 (PC version) (and a better score than the Xbone and PS4 versions too). How does 7 points from perfect not make it a goty type game? If quality was based on sales then I guess its between Fifa and CoD, the true goats

No, very clearly, Persona 5 bombed. And so did fucking The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 aigis

@loe12k: Curious now, what is the goty so far for you?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 loe12k

@jaydan said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:

No, you're just making dumb arguments. Charizard is right, sales have never once influenced GOTY choices. If that was true then Call of Duty would be winning every year.

Furthermore, Persona 5 is a certain GOTY contender because...at least to the publications that matter when it comes to giving out these GOTY awards, have presented Persona 5 with universal praise such as saying it's one of the best RPG's in years.

You, on the other hand, have no such credibility. Give your own personal GOTY as we all do, but we're talking about the professional means of GOTY.

He used Oblivion for hes argument. The game did not have low sales, it released around at time when console sales where low. 1.7 million sales was high for the time.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By aigis

@charizard1605 said:

No, very clearly, Persona 5 bombed. And so did fucking The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Thats why it didnt get a sequel

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

charizard1604 :"If your argument is 'Persona 5 doesn't appeal to everyone', then give yourself a pat on the back, you have just passed Kindergarten Commonsense 101."

One of the dumbest things people keep saying in internet forums is "game X is not for everyone".

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

It's not my GOTY, and that's all that matters to me. I don't need the games i play to win awards to validate their existence, as long as they are fun to me i don't care what it does or does not win.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

If we're counting ports, Bayo PC is my current goty.

But yeah, for actual 2017 releases, of what I've played, BotW has it right now. Nioh would be my 2nd, though it's not like Zelda is leagues ahead of that for me. Nioh is pretty dope.

I really should get around to playing Nier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@loe12k said:

He used Oblivion for hes argument. The game did not have low sales, it released around at time when console sales where low. 1.7 million sales was high for the time.

It released on PC too. And as we all know, in 2005, in the wake of Half Life 2 and Steam's explosion of popularity and the launch of World of Warcraft, PC gaming was positively dying.

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

Thats why it didnt get a sequel

It's okay, Oblivion sucked anyway, what a step down from Morrowind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

Im every girls type.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@charizard1605: Lol. That's what I get for only reading the thread title. **sigh** It's been a long day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Advid-Gamer said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

Im every girls type.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble getting yourself one. Please do so, if that means you'll stop stalking me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@reduc_ab_ said:

@charizard1605: Lol. That's what I get for only reading the thread title. **sigh** It's been a long day.

It's okay, I forgive you

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jg4xchamp
@charizard1605 said:

You liked Persona 4, there is no universe in which one likes Persona 4 and doesn't like Persona 5 lol.

Right, like Persona 4, not love. For my money 2008 had at least 3 games that I find a class better as games: Braid, Valkyria Chronicles n Crysis Warhead. With an additional 3 I think offer far more depth to their systems: Ninja Gaiden 2, World of Goo, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. And that's not getting into the fact that I really like Nuts n Bolts, and no amount of DMC4's bullshit will overrule just the sheer ocean's worth of depth those mecahnics have. Blood Palace DMC4 with Dante is still some of the most fun anyone can have with an action game, and I'll take that over going on some lame ass dates with Chie.

Plus that game benefited from being around a time when I thought "sure video games can tell stories". Now? LOLNO, not even close.

But for the sake of my own podcast I will eventually play it, but it's not priority for me. And that's probably for the best, I'm going in with the lowest expectations possible for me lol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jaydan

@loe12k said:
@jaydan said:
@loe12k said:
@charizard1605 said:
@loe12k said:

Listen to me, let me make something clear to you, let me cleanse you just a bit...Are you ready? Okay, here it goes...Just listen to me loud and clear, and repeat after me...

SALES DOES NOT INFLUENCE GOTY.

SALES DOES NOT INFLUENCE GOTY...

Sales...

Sales....

Sales...Gone...

Quality...

QUALITY...

YES QUALITY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

You liked Persona 4, there is no universe in which one likes Persona 4 and doesn't like Persona 5 lol.

Right, like Persona 4, not love. For my money 2008 had at least 3 games that I find a class better as games: Braid, Valkyria Chronicles n Crysis Warhead. With an additional 3 I think offer far more depth to their systems: Ninja Gaiden 2, World of Goo, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. And that's not getting into the fact that I really like Nuts n Bolts, and no amount of DMC4's bullshit will overrule just the sheer ocean's worth of depth those mecahnics have. Blood Palace DMC4 with Dante is still some of the most fun anyone can have with an action game, and I'll take that over going on some lame ass dates with Chie.

Plus that game benefited from being around a time when I thought "sure video games can tell stories". Now? LOLNO, not even close.

Yeah, but see, I said you'll like Persona 5. I never said anything about love. I'm just using everything as a springboard to nag you into playing it lol.

Persona 5 is good at storytelling, but that isn't its only strength. There's far more to it than that, mechanically this is peak JRPG. As I said, if you like P4/G, you should definitely like P5.

And stop bringing Chie into everything you whore

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Damn, I know goty talk on SW can be dumb, but using sales as a barometer in this context?

Wtf lol.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Prey or Nioh is my personal GOTY, though I enjoy Persona in general but Zelda has always been "meh" to me even since the 8-bit era.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jg4xchamp

@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, but see, I said you'll like Persona 5. I never said anything about love. I'm just using everything as a springboard to nag you into playing it lol.

Persona 5 is good at storytelling, but that isn't its only strength. There's far more to it than that, mechanically this is peak JRPG. As I said, if you like P4/G, you should definitely like P5.

She's a bottom bitch in comparison to glorious Yukiko, she doesn't even belong in the same game as Rise. GOSH!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner said:

Damn, I know goty talk on SW can be dumb, but using sales as a barometer in this context?

Wtf lol.

I for one decide my favorite game of the year based on how many people bought it that year.

... my GotY for the last ten years has been Call of Duty, except for last year, when it was mysteriously Pokemon which I don't mind at all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

She's a bottom bitch in comparison to glorious Yukiko, she doesn't even belong in the same game as Rise. GOSH!

Loading Video...

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90 GodlyGamer
Member since 2017 • 77 Posts

@Advid-Gamer said:
@godlygamer said:
@jaydan said:
@godlygamer said:
@iandizion713 said:

@jaydan: But brings nothing new to the table. It is what it is.

Neither does Legend of Faileda... Open worlds have been done long before that over rated POS came and stole Andromeda's thunder.

And you're just a shitposter/troll. You should at least play a game before you pretend you know.

What the hell are you talking about? Andromeda deserves GOTY. Open world games existed long before Legend of Faileda Breath of the Mild.

Come on now, Andromeda was smashed to dust by every reviewer. Its not a contender, I dont think Its a bad game but its not even close. If you going to troll dont use MEA.

So reviewers determine what my GOTY is so far?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Botw will win goty, as much a I love P5 it had some pretty awful pacing.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

For me personally the lack of "re-playability" hurts Breath of the Wild's chances somewhat but it should still pull it off despite my doubts. It's one hell of a first ride though. Nioh and P5 were just as gripping and along with zelda were each played exclusively for a solid month and believe they have an equal chance for GOTY.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jaydan

@Advid-Gamer said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

Im every girls type.

What a conceited, arrogant thing to say. Most women I've known in my life find those qualities to be huge turn-offs.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 aigis

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

I think we can all agree that none of them are as good as Naoto though

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@aigis said:

Naoto is just an inch above Chie in terms of trash. Do you always just choose the worst girl in every Persona? Even our Lord & Savior Champ knows Rise and Yukiko are the best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Well, this thread has certainly been a ride.

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GodlyGamer

@jaydan said:
@Advid-Gamer said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

Im every girls type.

What a conceited, arrogant thing to say. Most women I've known in my life find those qualities to be huge turn-offs.

False, most women swoon for guys like that.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 aigis

@mmmwksil said:
@aigis said:

Naoto is just an inch above Chie in terms of trash. Do you always just choose the worst girl in every Persona? Even our Lord & Savior Champ knows Rise and Yukiko are the best.

I should be offended, but at least im above Char, so Im happy there.

Rise is the worst out of the 4 though

GodlyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GodlyGamer

@charizard1605 said:

Well, this thread has certainly been a ride.

Not really it has been one of the worst threads, and you have expressed severe bias against me for disrespecting Persona 5 in your hype thread. I feel persecuted by the moderation staff as much as Microsoft is persecuted by gamespot and these stupid forums.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jg4xchamp

@aigis said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Naoto is a dumb ****