What is simply the greatest FIGHTING game EVER?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts

2D- Street fighter franchise

3D- Tekken series

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Dammit I really need Mark of the Wolves....
Panzer_Zwei
Real Bout is much better.

Need that too. Aren't they remaking them with the Battlle Archives on PS2. At least thats what Kage told me....

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#153 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

There is no such things as counters or blocks in Smash. There is Block not Blocks. And there is counter hits yes but counters no.

Blackbond

Actually, a few characters have counters. Marth, Roy, and Peach, namely.

Though they aren't counters like counters in other fighting games, since they counter any move.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Blackbond

Street Fighter Alpha 3, King of Fighters XI and Marvel vs Capcom 2 own all.

kage_53

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is amazing and I love that World Mode thing. Great save telling me to get the Dreamcast version over the PS2 Anniversary Collection. When does KOF XI hit the states. And yes I still can't find Marvel vs Capcom 2 at a reasonable price lol.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

There is no such things as counters or blocks in Smash. There is Block not Blocks. And there is counter hits yes but counters no.

sonicmj1

Actually, a few characters have counters. Marth, Roy, and Peach, namely.

Though they aren't counters like counters in other fighting games, since they counter any move.

Had to get me with the exception to the rule didn't ya :P

There is only one true counter, and that's the CROSS COUNTER!!!

Mr47fitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Mr47fitter
Member since 2007 • 2273 Posts

DOA

Soul

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]Dammit I really need Mark of the Wolves....
Blackbond

Need that too. Aren't they remaking them with the Battlle Archives on PS2. At least thats what Kage told me....

Battle Archives Vol. 1 doesn't have Real Bout Battle Archives Vol 2 does
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]Dammit I really need Mark of the Wolves....
Blackbond

I don't know really. Mark of the Wolves is really great, but the Real Bouts were just better. More characters, more moves, better and more tactical and interactive gameplay. Even in graphics and animation, it's only on par with Real Bout 2, but Real Bout 2 has more characters, bigger characters and more animations.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

kage_53

Battle Archives Vol. 1 doesn't have Real Bout Battle Archives Vol 2 does

Well hopefully it hits along side KOF XI. But then again I still have my hands full with the Dream Match. I seriously need the adapter for the Dreamcast on my stick. Dreamcast D-Pad = Suck.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#160 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
The best fighting game ever? Why, it's Super Smash Bros. Melee, of course!
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

Yet again u proof that u r a complete noob when it comes to SSBM.

Both mewtwo and marth are used in tournament play.

But noobs think mewtwo = bad, cuz he is slow and "cant do s**t*
Noobs think marth is uberimba cuz he has a very fast smash attack with a long range.

Think again buddy, and plz stop acting like u know the ins and outs of SSBM, its just sad :|

Blackbond

No whats sad is that you don't think MewTwo is bad when he is a BOTTOM TIER CHARACTER. And no he is not used in Tournament play. Do not make a fool out of yourself. There was only one good MewTwo player in tourny play that I knew of and he switched over to Marth with claims that MewTwo was holding his overall limits back.

I do the know the ins and outs of Smash as well as pretty much all of the fighting genre as a whole. I've proven to know them through out this whole thread entire thread. WHen yor fighter portfolio matches even a fraction of mine you come let me know. Oh yeah here is that fraction.

Don't you ever dare talk like you know about the fighter genre. Because simply put you know nothing. All you know is one single game.

To be truthful, almost every fighting game uses a tier list. Even Street Fighter III has a tier list that pretty much states that if you are not using Ken or Chun Li and decide to use Q instead, you're screwed. Then again, keep in mind that tier lists are simply popularity contests for character use in tournaments.

I wouldn't say Smash is horribly balanced (There are games worse in the balance department than Smash) but what could be done to fix the insane issues with the game (Namely the utter uselessness of heavy characters and the lack of Meteor Smash on some characters) is being addressed in Brawl. Smash Melee sure as hell ain't VF and Street Fighter 2, that's for sure but it will get better.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Panzer_Zwei

I don't know really. Mark of the Wolves is really great, but the Real Bouts were just better. More characters, more moves, better and more tactical and interactive gameplay. Even in graphics and animation, it's only on par with Real Bout 2, but Real Bout 2 has more characters, bigger characters and more animations.

I'm getting them all it doesn't matter to me Panzer :P

When it comes to the fighting genre I spare no expense with the exception of actually buying a Neo Geo and importing. Its the only genre of games that fuels my competitive desires to an equal level to what Madden does.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

[QUOTE="groudyogre"]SSBM anyone?_Pedro_

To tell you the truth, SSBM is really just a Party game with fighting elements.

to tell you the truth, you'd have to be a really shallow gamer to think its a party game :|  

There's different levels of interpretation in SSBM, like most Nintendo games.  You can see it as a shallow party game OR as a hardcore fighting game.  Look up "pro SSBM matches" on YouTube.  I'm sure they'll agree that its just a party game :roll: 
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

Yet again u proof that u r a complete noob when it comes to SSBM.

Both mewtwo and marth are used in tournament play.

But noobs think mewtwo = bad, cuz he is slow and "cant do s**t*
Noobs think marth is uberimba cuz he has a very fast smash attack with a long range.

Think again buddy, and plz stop acting like u know the ins and outs of SSBM, its just sad :|

Redmoonxl2

No whats sad is that you don't think MewTwo is bad when he is a BOTTOM TIER CHARACTER. And no he is not used in Tournament play. Do not make a fool out of yourself. There was only one good MewTwo player in tourny play that I knew of and he switched over to Marth with claims that MewTwo was holding his overall limits back.

I do the know the ins and outs of Smash as well as pretty much all of the fighting genre as a whole. I've proven to know them through out this whole thread entire thread. WHen yor fighter portfolio matches even a fraction of mine you come let me know. Oh yeah here is that fraction.

Don't you ever dare talk like you know about the fighter genre. Because simply put you know nothing. All you know is one single game.

To be truthful, almost every fighting game uses a tier list. Even Street Fighter III has a tier list that pretty much states that if you are not using Ken or Chun Li and decide to use Q instead, you're screwed. Then again, keep in mind that tier lists are simply popularity contests for character use in tournaments.

I wouldn't say Smash is horribly balanced (There are games worse in the balance department than Smash) but what could be done to fix the insane issues with the game (Namely the utter uselessness of heavy characters and the lack of Meteor Smash on some characters) is being addressed in Brawl. Smash Melee sure as hell ain't VF and Street Fighter 2, that's for sure but it will get better.

Every Fighter has Tiers but Smash has a fine line between playable and useless characters.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 kage_53
[QUOTE="kage_53"]

Blackbond

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is amazing and I love that World Mode thing. Great save telling me to get the Dreamcast version over the PS2 Anniversary Collection. When does KOF XI hit the states. And yes I still can't find Marvel vs Capcom 2 at a reasonable price lol.

XI comes out October I think. Like I said before MvC2 is really hard to find. I sent you a link to site that has it for under $50.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Blackbond
Kage I think there is something missing in this thread. Or better yet someone....You feel me on this? :lol:
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

kage_53

XI comes out October I think. Like I said before MvC2 is really hard to find. I sent you a link to site that has it for under $50.

Its on back order though. I found it at my local gamestop but those pirates are trying to sell it to me for $80. I tried haggling with them but they wouldn't budge. Game has been sitting there for two years now. Its waiting for me to buy it for I am its rightful owner;)

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 kage_53
Kage I think there is something missing in this thread. Or better yet someone....You feel me on this? :lol:
Blackbond
shungo am teh bannzors!!!!111!! :lol:
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Kage I think there is something missing in this thread. Or better yet someone....You feel me on this? :lol:
kage_53
shungo am teh bannzors!!!!111!! :lol:

But the Soul still burns!!!

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kage_53
[QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

Blackbond

Its on back order though. I found it at my local gamestop but those pirates are trying to sell it to me for $80. I tried haggling with them but they wouldn't budge. Game has been sitting there for two years now. Its waiting for me to buy it for I am its rightful owner;)

Not really surprised its been sitting there for 2 months due to its price. But if you're desparate go for it.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Redmoonxl2

Every Fighter has Tiers but Smash has a fine line between playable and useless characters.

Blackbond

Smash really only has three useless characters (G&W, Mewtwo and Pichu) while the "harder" characters become more trouble than it's worth to learn their abilities. I don't think anybody is going to take the time to learn how to juggle with DK's throws and Bowser's Invincibility shield when you can find it easier to do Ken Combos all night long.

The biggest problem with Melee is that it's a game that rewards speed over anything. I always found that funny since Ness is really the fastest character in the game with a very good dmg output yet he's low on the tier list. Must be because of PK Thunder. Anyways, back to the speed, thank god Nintendo is practically giving heavy characters "super armor" in Brawl.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

kage_53

Not really surprised its been sitting there for 2 months due to its price. But if you're desparate go for it.

No not 2 monthes. 2 Years.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
oh god what horrible answers, you guys give me a headache.I really cant stand sheep logic, whenever a game is fun it equals being the greatest game. Oh my head.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Blackbond

oh god what horrible answers, you guys give me a headache.I really cant stand sheep logic, whenever a game is fun it equals being the greatest game. Oh my head.Tamarind_Face

If fun isn't the barometer to what the greatest game should be about then what should it be about then? Hypothetically speaking.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts
Street Fighter 2
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kage_53
[QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

Blackbond

No not 2 monthes. 2 Years.

Still not surprised. Nobody will pay that much for 1 game.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]oh god what horrible answers, you guys give me a headache.I really cant stand sheep logic, whenever a game is fun it equals being the greatest game. Oh my head.Blackbond

If fun isn't the barometer to what the greatest game should be about then what should it be about then? Hypothetically speaking.

I know the answer! Package art!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
I've always enjoyed the Mortal Kombat's..Something sexy about the finishing moves.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Blackbond
Still not surprised. Nobody will pay that much for 1 game.kage_53
And here I am stupidly thinking about doing so....
poo_monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 poo_monkey
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

Street Fighter 2 or Capcom Vs. SNK 2.

SF: 3rd Strike is also amazing

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is great, too, but the character tiers have some apparent balancing issues to thoroughly enjoy on the upper scale.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn version).
Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts
Its MK you pansys
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Ballz 3D!!!!!!

just kidding.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#184 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is great, too, but the character tiers have some apparent balancing issues to thoroughly enjoy on the upper scale.

poo_monkey

you cant even call it balancing issues. There are pretty much only 9 characters in the game, but then again the game is enjoyed on the upper scale with its small cast.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts

Smash to me is no where near the best fighter ever because it has horrendous balance issues. Hopefully Brawl will fix this.Blackbond

Really ?

Let's take a look at Evo 2k7.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

1st: Ken (Marth)
2nd: Hugs (Samus)
3rd: Mango (Jigglypuff)
4th: PC Chris (Falco/Fox)
5th: Chu Dat (IceClimbers)
5th: Eddie (Ganon)
7th: Chillindude (Fox)
7th: DieSuperFly (Shiek)

http://shoryuken.com/

bluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 bluki
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts
Guilty Gear Series
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#187 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Super Smash Bros Melee for me.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Smash to me is no where near the best fighter ever because it has horrendous balance issues. Hopefully Brawl will fix this.Forza_2

Really ?

And that list makes Pichu, Game and Watch, MewTwo, Yoshi, Bowser, Young Link, and Ness balanced?

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Forza_2"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Smash to me is no where near the best fighter ever because it has horrendous balance issues. Hopefully Brawl will fix this.Blackbond

Really ?

And that list makes Pichu, Game and Watch, MewTwo, Yoshi, Bowser, Young Link, and Ness balanced?

Yoshi (To a lesser extent, especially if you don't know how to Edge Egg), Bowser, Young Link and Ness are balanced. Pichu and G&W...not so much.

Again, if you are going by tier lists, they are just popularity contests.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Forza_2

Blackbond

It doesn't seem as bad as you make it to be, though.

Let's take a look at Third Strike:

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

1st: Nuki (Chun-Li, never lost)
2nd: Tokido (Chun-Li, Urien, loses to Nuki and Nuki)
3rd: Alex Valle (Ken, Ryu, lost to Nuki and Tokido)
4th: Mike Wakefield (Makoto, lost to Valle and Tokido)
5th: Fubarduck (Chun-Li, loses to Tokido and Tokido)
5th: AznHitler (Necro, Ken, loses to Mike Wakefield and Mike Wakefield)
7th: Ricky Ortiz (Chun-Li, Ken, loses to Nuki and Fubarduck)
7th: Ed Ma (Ken, loses to Amir and AznHitler)

That's about 5 different characters out of 8 people.
Smash Bros is 8 different characters out of 8 people.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

i havn't played that many fighers but the best one i have played is tekken tag team tournament it was fun

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 kage_53
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

The game is not balanced. Period. It is horribly unbalanced.

JPOBS

what would you call a balanced fighter?

The King of Fighters

no, what makes King of fighters a balanced game. explain.

Despite having a large cast of characters just about all of them are playable.Also the attacks the characters dont do an insane amount of damage unlike some other games namely 3rd strike.

XI's tier list

S Tier - Oswald, Kula, Gato

A Tier - Eiji, Jenet, Ash, Kyo, Kim, Clark

B Tier - Shen, Vanessa, Duck King

C Tier - Everyone else &Mid-bosses

Bottom Tier - Momoko, Syo Hayate

Now compare that list to other tiersto otherfighting games and you will see a difference.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Forza_2

I never claimed for SFIII to be the model of balance. The game I choose for balance was the KOF series. But I've heard that Gato and Oswald are pretty over powered in KOF XI.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#194 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
I should really play more fighters, PC is my primary platform. So naturally I don't see that much of fighting games.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

I choose Tekken 3, i think i have played about a million matches.CQCmasta

Agreed.....no game comes close for me.

-Anton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 -Anton-
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
Killer Instinct
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
marvel vs capcom 1 & 2 sxs_alex
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 kage_53
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Forza_2

If Daigo was particapating he could beat anyone with using any character.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
tekken
Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Forza_2

If Daigo was particapating he could beat anyone with using any character.kage_53

As far as I know he's not competing very much right now.