TLOU Vs GTA 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BoxingandGaming
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BoxingandGaming
Member since 2013 • 206 Posts
What's thought provoking or challenging about primarily generic cover shooting and trial and error stealth sections.Pffrbt
So continuing on The stealth is always adaptive in Last of Us. You are never out of options even when you get caught. (You can run away and re-strategize, brawl, shoot, hit with items, play hide and seek, shoot run and brawl, throw item to powerful running meele etc) You always have MANY options in the combat- in stealth and even after getting caught in stealth. Thats the beauty of the stealth in Last of Us in fact.There is no being perfect.You roll with the punches when you are caught.Its not game over like in other stealth games. You have to improvise in Last of Us... and are always able to lose enemies again with smart tactics so you can give it another go with another gameplan etc Last of Us has real life dynamic stealth but except its sooo fun to play. The balance between realistic and what is fun is perfect.Naughty Dog is brilliant. Over all there are lots of options in how you can encounter enemies in Last of Us The level design is stellar and allows you to sneak around and play cat and mouse with enemies too as you pick them off one by one in stealth etc...pure exhilaration. The Last of Us has amazing sandbox like, dynamic stealth action hybrid combat backed by real time item resource managment gameplay. Thats whats its doing new or interesting. Bottom line is Ive never played third person combat more tense, brutal, and well thought out in my life Naughty Dog with The Last of Us manages to capture a feeling of intensity, brutality, and frantic-ness in its combat that NO OTHER game has come close to capturing You say the Last of Us is doing nothing special in the gameplay ect...soemthing along those lines.... And its a bunch of non sense.. Tell me what games play like it The Last of Us plays like a unique blend of next gen ManHunt, MGS3, RE4 all warpped up into one(in its gameplay) So yeah.... All the gameplay mechanics in Last of Us serve one another perfectly. Crafting system serves the combat. Its essential you explore to find items to craft to begin with etc It all makes sense that in a world like Last of Us you would scavange for items etc Everything fits. You are forced to play carefully and always be observant... The Last of Us has such thought provoking gameplay compared to all the other mindless AAA games that have come out like Gears/BioShock/Tomb Raider/GTAV- which require NO thought and just kill kill kill and shoot shoot shoot etc (Part 2 of 3)
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

gta v easily

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

I own both and I can easily say GTA 5 owns TLOU any day.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"] (Part 2 of 3)

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Sweenix"]

gta v easily

hey sweenix. u enjoying you first non weaboo game?

Sniper the casual.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"] (Part 2 of 3)rjdofu

i laughed more than i should have with that image :(

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#58 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Own both on ps3 and while I enjoy The Last Of Us a ton, GTA V is in a whole new league imo. Hell its in a whole new league compared to gta 4, completely destroys it and GTA 5 Online is not even out yet.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

gta v easily

Sweenix
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BoxingandGaming

I don't mean to put down The Last of Us in any way, but I feel Grand Theft Auto V wins this bout because it is less constrained in nature.

drekula2
How is GTAV "less constrained?" The story is set in stone from the start in both games(thats essentially how 100% of games are so lol)....but except Last of Us has magnitude better writing, story telling and story...... And talking about it on a gameplay front....all though GTAV has a much bigger map you are still constrained to that map in GTAV Yes you can jet-ski, boat, ride a bike, and do all other kinds of stuff in GTAV but it does nothing for me...its just a time waister...and its not like any of it is fleshed out. Driving and combat is what you are going to be doing the most of in GTAV and the combat is simply garbage and you have little options of attack. Last of Us on the other hand has phenomenal combat with lots of ways to take on or take out enemies. So I would in fact say Last of Us is less restrained where it matters. I.e Last of Us is much less restrained in the combat because you have more ways to take on and take out enemis in Last of Us etc. Combat encounters are far more polished and deeper in the Last of Us etc But even then, You are just basically making the "open world>linear" argument....and that is a slippery slope...in fact many more prefer a great focused linear game over an open world time waister etc
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BoxingandGaming
I actually do own both, unlike the GTA fanboy trolls here, and I can easily say Last of Us owns GTAV all day every day Last of Us really is another league above GTAV lol GTAV has just been more of the same old GTA....color me unimpressed!!!!
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Haven't played GTA V yet (waiting to see if a PC version is coming).  I imagine I'll prefer TLOU but I'll have to wait and see!

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BoxingandGaming
Its funny how when ever an AAA Grand Theft Auto game comes out there is always mass hysteria "GTA is the second coming of christ...GTAV is leagues above Last of Us(which that is an out right TROLLISH statement btw) People were saying the same thing about GTA4 when it came out...and we all saw what happened there Wait for the GTAV post realese hype and hysteria to die down and then you will start seeing REAL and honest opinions about GTAV So far im one of the few to be honest and truthful about GTAV right from the start
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BoxingandGaming
I think its obvious whats going on here too Xbox fanboy trolls are gonna be over hyping the shit out of GTAV in order to contend with the Last of Us. Its desperation! I guarantee you 97% of the people here who said GTAV is much better have NOT played Last of Us and probably do not even have a PS3 to begin with You are going to get much more honest opinions from Playstation gamers like me who have both etc BTW, the xbots who say "well i do have both and GTAV is better" are 9 times out of 10 lying through their teeth/trolling
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BoxingandGaming

http://www.nohighscores.com/2013/06/18/why-the-last-of-us-sucks/

Pffrbt
P.S what a bush league amature article...actually no....it is a straight up TROLL article...and thats your "source" Only a delusional person would use something like that as any type of "source" Let me guess, you are the hack from that obscure troll site who wrote that wanna be article lmao Here watch this and educate yourself "Everything Last of Us gets right" http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=xKzVwbs-lsg
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BoxingandGaming

gta v easily

Sweenix

I own both and I can easily say GTA 5 owns TLOU any day.

lilnazar
Both of you....slap yourselfs then go sit in the corner and think about the absurdity of your statements....should be ashamed of yourselfes.....the both of ya!
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BoxingandGaming

TLOU easily.

heytheredarlin
This this and this all day!!!
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#68 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

From what I've played of GTAV so far, it's easily one of the best games ever made. Practically everything about it is straight-up perfect.

I've yet to play TLOU, but I doubt it'd have the same lasting value.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I'm reluctant to give GTA V a go after the mess that GTA IV was...

TLOU on the other hand...

mmm.jpg

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I actually do own both, unlike the GTA fanboy trolls here, and I can easily say Last of Us owns GTAV all day any day Last of Us really is an another league lol GTAV is just more of the same old GTABoxingandGaming

The last of Us is boring and its very linear and generic third person game.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BoxingandGaming
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]haven't played the last of us, but GTA V is shaping up to be the highest rated game in history. I reckon it will be one of the greatest games ever. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/grand-theft-auto-v-on-track-to-become-highest-rated-game-of-all-time/0121161

Rockstar is notorious for paying off outlets.....and i can back that up with official sources http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129966/pr_and_the_game_media_how_pr_.php?print=1 Every one should take all reviews of a Rockstar game with a microscopic grain of salt Also remember that GTA4 was getting reviewed jusy as highly and look what happened there once the hype died down
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts
Having only played about 15-20% of GTA V so far, it's unfair to judge it yet. But it will have to be epic to beat LoU...
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BoxingandGaming

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"]I actually do own both, unlike the GTA fanboy trolls here, and I can easily say Last of Us owns GTAV all day any day Last of Us really is an another league lol GTAV is just more of the same old GTAsukraj

GTAV is a generic open world game lol....you know that saying...dont throw stones from a glass house...yeah;) But regarding what you said about the Last of Us...you couldnt be more wrong Go read my other posts. I detail how the Last of Us has dynamic sandbox like gameplay/combat. So many options of attack in Last of Us You can set traps with bombs, play hide and seek, pick enemies off one by one in an exhilarating game of cat and mouse...throw items for distractions and manuver into positions, throw item to running meele, you can run brawl and shoot ot combos of each or all...be aggressive provided you have the resources etc... ....You see the dynamic action stealth gameplay in Last of Us is backed by item resource managment gameplay that fits perfectly. What you craft in real time has an impact on how you play. Craft more offensive items and an offensive playthrough is easier and vice versa with defensive items etc And since crafting is done in real time you have to be smart on when to craft! Adds even more strategy. Lets say you took a blow in combat and are low on health. Now you frantically run away looking for a safe place to craft a medkit. It is some of the most tense feeling ever....you are sweating as you are crafting in real time hoping to hurry up before the eneny finds you! Sooo intense... Its amazing how Naughty Dog in their first attempt at survival horror makes a game (The Last of Us) that completely puts every other survival horror game to shame Last of Us actually plays like a dire survival game.Naughty Dog is the best developer in gaming by far.Everything Naughty Dog does, no matter the genre, is GOLD. They arent one trick ponies like Rockstar.Naughty Dog just doesnt just make great games they friggen reinvent genres! Also, the way the A.I dynamically reacts to you means encounters play out different each time too depending on what you do....thats replay value. On top of that human encounters play out much different to encounters with the infected. Humans flank and react so that requires you to play more on your toes vs humans. With infected you have to be observant and plan out your tactics. Aa long as you dont alert them its slower paced. Each have their own nuances There is a lot of depth in the combat Just go ahead and NAME me 1 game...just 1 game that plays like Last of Us GO....I will be waiting...*crickets* as exected. To even call Last of Us a generic third person shooter you have to be out of your damn mind or someone who hasnt played it..... All in all, Last of Us has some of the most intense, brutal, and well thought out combat of ANY game i have ever played,and thats the bottom line! Combat and driving is what you do most of the time in GTAV and the combat in GTAV is lackluster...the driving isnt that good as well. Last of Us has much better combat and much better- more quality gameplay. Quakity>quantity. If you ever want to be taken seriously dont call the Last of Us a generic thrid person shooter. It exposes you right away as a troll. Will be waiting for you to answer my question P.S [Quote="boxingandgaming"]Naughty Dog with The Last of Us reinvented survival horror. Last of Us is a revolutionary game just for that alone Oh and lets not even talk about the amazing story and amazing characters in the Last of Us and how the story and gameplay come together and compliment each other so perfectly in the Last of Us GTAV CANT even compare to the Last of Us. The Last of Us is better in every respect. It is just a much deeper more engaging more meaningful gameplay experience.... The Last of Us is truly whole other leagues above GTAV....Last of Us makes GTAV look primitive.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
So far TLOU is better - that game is a piece of art. GTA is just pure fun so far! Love the voice acting
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"]I think its obvious whats going on here Xbox fanboys are gonna be over hyping the shit out of GTAV in order to contend with the Last of Us I guarantee you 97% of the people here who said GTAV is much better have NOT played Last of Us and probably do not even have a PS3 to begin with You are going to get much more honest opinions from Playstation gamers like me who have both etc

bugger off brofists. GTA V is a better game i've played both and all your posts ar just reeking ofa pathetic cow with a terrible attitude and just someone who really needs to get out more.GO rage in your basement kiddo and i fully expect your abusive PM a few minutes later like last time calling me a lot of crap that i really aint.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Shut the fvck up with the essays, brofists. Good lord.
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BoxingandGaming

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]haven't played the last of us, but GTA V is shaping up to be the highest rated game in history. I reckon it will be one of the greatest games ever. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/grand-theft-auto-v-on-track-to-become-highest-rated-game-of-all-time/0121161sts106mat

Rockstar is notorious for paying off outlets.....and i can back that up with official sources http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129966/pr_and_the_game_media_how_pr_.php?print=1 Every one should take all reviews of a Rockstar game with a microscopic grain of salt Also remember that GTA4 was getting reviewed jusy as highly and look what happened there once the hype died down

an article based off of the ramblings of one disgruntled ex-employee? wow thanks brofists.

i do believe that developers and reviewers have a blurry relationship, but you'd have a point if their games were actually crap (they are far from it). To suggest R* went around and paid 80+ reviewers enough money for them to put their jobs on the line (thats what accepting bribes does for you), you are deluded.

as for the GTA4 comment, yeah, i loved that game for weeks, but like most games, i got bored of it eventually, that does not make it bad game.

i'd have given GTA4 a 10 after spending a few days with it back in 2008 or whatever.

I am willing to bet you dont have a problem with all the positive reviews of the last of us huh?

GTA5 is on track to be a huge success, i am sure millions of people around the world will be playing it and enjoying it for a very long time indeed (dont forget those reviews dont even look at GTA Online).

He sounds nothing like a disgruntled employeee. He never says "i hate Rockstar" or goes on and on how awful they are He simply just states how things were when he worked for them and how Rockstar did "business" Its very eye opening What is suggested is obvious but just read the article and see the FACTS presented The fact is Rockstar has engaged in MANY shady tactics to ensure their games get better reviewed On top of that, im not the only one who find Rockstars games to be completely average to lackluster etc The Last of Us actually deserved its scores as evidenced by the fact its widley regarded as one of the greatest games of this gen by gamers(including me!) GTA4 however is widely panned by gamers etc Crazy how there is damning evidence of GTA/rockstar games having high scores bought for YET you dismiss it "disgruntled employee" And then try to bring up Last of Us out of no where under no basis of any evidence
Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts
TLOU is overrated. GTA V is overrated (although I've only put around two hours into it so far, so it might get better).
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#83 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Shut the fvck up with the essays, brofists. Good lord.Floppy_Jim
That is an insult to essays. Essays have structure, paragraphs, and sentences jim.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

I'm about 10 hours into GTA V and it's superb. That being said, The Last of Us is GOTY for me. That really is a special game. GTA V is a blast but as an experience it is very different from TLOU, I couldn't care less about the characters or story in GTA as it does nothing for me. However TLOU excelled in every area.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Can't say  as a am waiting to get gtav but TLOU will be a tough act to follow. but yeah there is a lot of jelly over tlou here...no geow judgement mentioned since may.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BoxingandGaming

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"][QUOTE="sukraj"]

sts106mat

You can set traps with bombs, play hide and seek while you pick enemies off one by one in an exhilarating game of cat and mouse...throw items for distractions and manuver, throw item to running meele, you can run brawl and shoot..be aggressive provided you have the resources etc... .... NAME just 1 game that plays like all of that/that plays like Last of Us GO....I will be waiting...*crickets*

Far cry 3 / (blood dragon) does all of that. that wasn't very hard

Of course when you isolate something you can find another game that has done that one thing too It should be noted Last of Us does those things much better. They are more fleshed out in Last of Us and are more intregal to its combat. They are more like of an after thought in Far Cry 3 The point is what game plays like the Last of Us Just name me a survival horror game that has dynamic sandbox-like, stealh action gameplay thats also backed up by item resource management gameplay If Last of Us is such a generic third person "shooter" then you or he should be able to list me all the games that play like it (On the other hand i can name open world games which play like GTA or even play better ...Sleeping dog-has much better driving) NO GAME plays quite like the Last of Us The Last of Us is like a next gen version of manhunt, RE4, and MGS3 all wrapped into one The Last of Us has unique gameplay. Its amazing gameplay. Never mind the amazing story and amazing characters too...and then the revolutionary way in which it all comes together perfectly (gameplay and story) Last of Us has an unmatched campaign that will EASILY go down as one of gamings greatest campaigns I cant believe you. You should jump over his post, not mine. But than again, I already exposed you a long time ago for the xbot you are. You are bitter holding a grude
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BoxingandGaming
TLOU is overrated. GTA V is overrated (although I've only put around two hours into it so far, so it might get better).Consternated
GTAV is over rated Last of Us is one of the highest USER reviewed games of all time. 92 user rating and thats with all the trolls who scored it low out of spite Last of Us is an unprecendent gem and its been widely beloved my gamers Last of Us is RIGHTFULLY rated as a very special game Last of Us has had a profound impact on the many who have actually beaten it etc
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BoxingandGaming
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Shut the fvck up with the essays, brofists. Good lord.jg4xchamp
That is an insult to essays. Essays have structure, paragraphs, and sentences jim.

Haha i admit i LOLd I write like this so people can digest the points easier space by space and let each point resonate
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#91 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
The Last of Us is Uncharted 3's inferior, and that game already blew a big one. Naughty Dogs, step your fanboys up!
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Not yet own GTA5 but never into that franchise (and rockstar games always look jerky too me....I've played RDR..) .... perhaps only when PS3 have no games then I may getting it...... ......... so my answer is TLOU ..... because of the wonderful gameplay
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
TLOU. I'm enjoying GTA 5 but it's a violent gangster game which is not what I'm into. TLOU? It's a great game with a great story about the two protagonists trying to find a cure.
blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#94 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

both are sharing the number 1 spot for me:)

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

um Dota 2

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

My friend who is biggest GTA fan around said so far TLOU is better and GTA5 has stupid writing. He was still pretty early in the game though so that may change. My copy arrives this weekend and I'm certainly not expecting it to be better.

BoxingandGaming

Your friend is 100% spot on Im about 2-3 hours into GTAV and right away its appearent how awful the writing in GTAV is...its so cliche..... Every character is a literal walking stereotype..... Listening to how black men always try to talk so "street" is just sooo cringe worthy....its like Rockstar thinks we are back in the 90s...back when gang life was idolised.....and it was still stupid back then... And the white characters are portrayed as your typical crazy dysfunctional etc....its so racist....and every one in GTAV just seems to be cussing up a storm for no reason... OH and the attempts at humor in GTAV are so lame....its basically potty humor The humor in GTAV is akin to 3rd grade fart, drugs, and sex jokes etc....just trying way to hard and using curse words to be "edgy" Not only is GTAV a complete failure from a writing and narrative standpoint, ive been doing some free roam gameplay and I'm finding the gameplay in GTAV to be very boring and shallow....gunplay feels weak.....driving feels too floaty and slippery etc..... The ONLY good thing i can say about GTAV is that the scope and look of the world is really good.... GTAV is being vastly over rated by the media .....but what else is new....I HAVE to STOP falling for the hype and buying Rockstar games and GTA games....all rockstar games are the same old BS This shouldn't even be up for debate. Last of Us has magnitude better writing, a much better story and much better cohesive deeper gameplay. I will go into more detail in my next post After playing Bioshock and GTAV, im now 110% positive the Last if Us is going to sweep up GOTY awards

Psst... Carolyn...? Carolyn Petit... is that you?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That is an insult to essays. Essays have structure, paragraphs, and sentences jim. sts106mat

Haha i admit i LOLd I write like this so people can digest the points easier space by space and let each point resonate

newsflash:- nobody reads your long ass crap

Erm, you clearly did -.-
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

GTA V. I really love TLOU and it's more focused but GTA V is just balls to the wall fun

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Brofists

sentences

are