TLOU Vs GTA 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

I ask this because people was hollering game of the year...even though its an exclusive[TLOU]....so subtract the exclusive and in your opinion which game do you think is the best out of the two?

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

I ask this because people was hollering game of the year...even though its an exclusive[TLOU]....so subtract the exclusive and in your opinion which game do you think is the best out of the two?

youngmurk911

Pokemon. :cool:

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

Jonwh18

Pokemon. :cool:

1 vote for pokemon.....any game it doesnt matter
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

My friend who is biggest GTA fan around said so far TLOU is better and GTA5 has stupid writing. He was still pretty early in the game though so that may change. My copy arrives this weekend and I'm certainly not expecting it to be better.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Doesn't matter that much to me, GTA will be more popular.

I just know I own a device that plays them both. ;)

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Played some of TLOU, haven't played GTA V, GTA V is better. My post is useless, yes I realize that.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
havnt played TLOU yet, but im having a BLAST with gta5.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine

havnt played TLOU yet, but im having a BLAST with gta5.campzor

How have you not gotten around to TLOU yet?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

still need to play me some gta, but for now last of us will be hard to beat, altough my friends are saying gta is awesome so far.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

My friend who is biggest GTA fan around said so far TLOU is better and GTA5 has stupid writing. He was still pretty early in the game though so that may change. My copy arrives this weekend and I'm certainly not expecting it to be better.

StrongBlackVine
No one cares about your friends opinion.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

kingtito

No one cares about your friends opinion.

This topic is about GTA5 v TLOU so it was relevant whether any one cares or not.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17448 Posts

StrongBlackVine
GTA 5 is great so far. Ive only played snippets of TLOU though. So far, id have to go with GTA5 on sheer scale and variety.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

TLOU easily.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Both deserve GOTY

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]havnt played TLOU yet, but im having a BLAST with gta5.StrongBlackVine

Sold out.
Avatar image for BoxingandGaming
BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BoxingandGaming
Member since 2013 • 206 Posts

StrongBlackVine
Your friend is 100% spot on Im about 2-3 hours into GTAV and right away its appearent how awful the writing in GTAV is...its so cliche too..... And every character is a literal walking stereotype..... Listening to how black men always try to talk so "street" is just sooo cringe worthy....its like Rockstar thinks we are back in the 90s...back when gang life was promoted/ idolised.....and it was still stupid and irrational back then... The white characters are portrayed as crazy and dysfunctional in typical fasion etc....its so racist.... Every one in GTAV just seems to be cussing up a storm for no reason... Oh and the attempts at humor in GTAV are so lame. Its basically potty humor The humor in GTAV is akin to 5th grade fart, drugs, and sex jokes etc - just trying way to hard and using curse words to appear "edgy" Not only is GTAV a complete failure from a writing and narrative standpoint, ive been doing some free roam gameplay and I'm finding the gameplay in GTAV to be very boring and shallow....gunplay feels weak.....driving feels too floaty and slippery etc..... The ONLY good thing i can say about GTAV is that the scope and look of the world is really good....good graphics GTAV is being vastly over rated by the media .....but what else is new....I HAVE to STOP falling for the hype and buying Rockstar games and GTA games....Ive learned by now that all Rockstar games are the same old BS This isnt even up for debate... Last of Us has magnitude better writing, a much better story, and much better cohesive deeper gameplay. End of story. I will go into more detail through out my next posts After playing Bioshock and GTAV, im now 110% positive the Last if Us is going to sweep up GOTY awards
Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
GTA5 because it is on more platforms. TLOU is amazing though.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#18 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

So the world is over BioShock Infinite or what?  Still my favorite game of the year.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

GTA has the advantage of actually being fun while TLOU is another boring, generic cover shooter with trial and error stealth.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

This is like trying to compare FIFA14 to Mario, stupid thread TC

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
Having played both, it would be hard for me to declare a clear winner. The Last of Us has great storytelling and atmosphere while GTA V is some of the most fun I've had in any game. I'd be okay with either game winning GOTY honestly.
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

GTA5, but that's because i love open-world games.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BoxingandGaming
The Last of Us wins via frst round KO GTAV is just more of the same old GTA but with better graphics and a bigger more detailed map To some that might be enough....but im already bored with it. GTAV still has the same old GTA style of shallow and pointless open world gameplay plus has such bad juvenile writing/story GTAV tries to do too much and fails to flesh out just 1 gameplay mechanic ...gunplay is lackluster....cars control awful ect (Most of the mini games look like garbage from what i've seen too) Yeah its "fun" to act a fool and build up your wanted star levels ....for the first 5 minutes.. then it gets old really fast I dont have time to waist away on bs pointless open world "gameplay" like that. Last of Us is better in every way....from the intense, engaging, and brutal gameplay in Last of Us where you feel like you're an actual survivor fighting for your life in combat....to the scavenging for items during meaningful exploration in gameplay...to the fleshed out and realistic characters....to the amazing story....then to the way gameplay and story in Last of Us come together in such perfect harmony and complement each other so wonderfully...i mean......Last of Us is a monumental gaming achievement by Naught Dog! Naughty Dog deserves so much credit. The Last of Us is a real gem and will go down as one of the greatest games of all time GTAV is just.....well its just been more of the same old GTA GTA has always been over hyped by the gaming media and Rockstar/GTA fanboys
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pffrbt

The Last of Us is horribly tedious and boring though. It does nothing new or interesting and is one of the more miserable gaming experiences I've had in recent memory.

http://www.nohighscores.com/2013/06/18/why-the-last-of-us-sucks/

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BoxingandGaming
^troll alert! GTAV cant touch the story and combat in Last of Us. Thats all.. The Last of Us was mature and hard hitting on an emotional level The Last of Us hit people on such an emotional level and resonated. It made people think, care, enjoy, sad and love etc That cant be measured or topped So thats why The Last of Us will win a vast majority of GOTY awards....simply because of the impact it had-the mature story it told which tackled real issues, the all time memorable characters it had who you deeply cared for, the thought provoking gameplay which actually provided challenges, then the way it all came together perfectly etc NOTHING will be able to top Last of Us And Naughty Dog deserves awards for what they accomplished with Last of Us Grand Theft Auto 5 could have offerered me a coupon for a free blow job and i still wouldnt change my mind! GTAV shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Last of Us hahaha No but really, GTA has always had corney stories and boring, repetitive, NON-focused, often times -pointless open world gameplay.GTAV has been more of that *sigh* Sure GTAV has more content, but i just dont see it being able to top the story, combat, quality(quality>quantity)and impact Last of Us had etc
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

^troll alert! GTAV cant touch the story and combat in Last of Us. Thats all.. The Last of Us was mature and hard hitting on an emotional level The Last of Us hit people on such an emotional level and resonated. It made people think, care, enjoy, sad and love etc That cant be measured or topped So thats why The Last of Us will win a vast majority of GOTY awards....simply because of the impact it had-the mature story it told which tackled real issues, the all time memorable characters it had who you deeply cared for, the thought provoking gameplay which actually provided challenges, then the way it all came together perfectly etc NOTHING will be able to top Last of Us And Naughty Dog deserves awards for what they accomplished with Last of Us Grand Theft Auto 5 could have offerered me a free blow job and i still wouldnt change my mind! GTAV shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Last of Us hahaha No but really, GTA has always had corney stories and boring repetitive NON-focused often times pointless open world gameplay. Sure GTAV has more content, but i just dont see it being able to top the story, combat, quality(quality>quantity)and impact Last of Us had etc You need to go play The Ladt of Us instead of trying to blindly discredit it on forums out of of an obessive love for GTAV...you rockstar fanboyBoxingandGaming

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
th?id=H.4919495334561613&pid=15.1.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pffrbt

"^troll alert!"
Someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them a troll.
"GTAV cant touch the story and combat in Last of Us."
TLOU's story did nothing for me and only had one likable character. I don't see what was special about the combat either. It's typical third person cover shooter whack a mole garbage.

"Thats all.. The Last of Us was mature and hard hitting on an emotional level The Last of Us hit people on such an emotional level and resonated."
Being more "mature" doesn't necessarily make something better and "emotional" is a buzzword. My feelings on TLOU's ending: "Sigh, well okay. Thank god that's finally over".

"It made people think, care, enjoy, sad and love etc That cant be measured or topped So thats why The Last of Us will win a vast majority of GOTY awards...."
So it'll win GOTY awards based on something unrelated to it being a game. Ok.

"simply because of the impact it had-the mature story it told which tackled real issues"
Oh yes, the real issues of surviving in post-apocalyptic fungal America.

"the all time memorable characters it had who you deeply cared for"
There is only a single character I could remotely care about in the game.

"the thought provoking gameplay which actually provided challenges, then the way it all came together perfectly etc"
What's thought provoking or challenging about primarily generic cover shooting and trial and error stealth sections.

"NOTHING will be able to top Last of Us And Naughty Dog deserves awards for what they accomplished with Last of Us Grand Theft Auto 5 could have offerered me a free blow job and i still wouldnt change my mind! GTAV shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Last of Us hahaha"
You sound insane.

"You need to go play The Ladt of Us instead of trying to blindly discredit it on forums out of of an obessive love for GTAV...you rockstar fanboy"

No thanks, I'd rather not play TLOU ever again after having such a miserable, boring, tedious experience the first time through. I don't even have GTAV yet and I dislike the majority of what Rockstar makes. GTAV has to be better than TLOU though. It just has to be. Because jesus christ if it isn't.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BoxingandGaming
ive read a couple people talk about fun....saying that at the end of the day GTA is more "fun" The thing is Last of Us might not really be "fun" in the terms you think Its a game that requires a lot of thought and can be really sad when you think about it. Maybe its even a downer lol Thats kind of what i was talking about In that im sure GTAV will be lots of mindless fun, but the reason why Last of Us will win all the GOTY awards is because its a game that is mature, never holds your hand, requires you to think, and really hits you on an emotional level.... ...some of the combat encounters in Last of Us are tense as hell too and will have you sweating but when you come out on top there is no better sense of exhilaration GTAV is like a Micheal Bay movie, Now theres nothing wrong with that. There has to be somethong for every one, just like there is Tetris, FPS games, Uncharted, Dark Souls etc.... BUT point is Last of Us is like Road to Men/Citizen Cane/Gladiator etc Not necessarily "funner" in the terms you would think, but objectively more thought provoking, mature, and artistic etc There is NO doubt in my mind that critics will pick Last of Us as GOTY over GTAV and BioShock for those reasons-its more mature, artistic, thought provoking in gameplay and in story and its all cohesive etc And gamers will agree....many and i mean MANY have alreadly called Last of Us one of the best games of all time, let alone calling it the best game of the year lol I just dont see anyway how Last of Us doesnt sweep up GOTY awards.Look at the fan reception, the critic priase, the number of crazy sales etc Now GTAV could surpise me and end up being a good game when im done(so far its shit)...its just not on the level of the Last of Us...and never will be...The Last of Us is simply one of the greatest games of all time etc Last of Us is A LOCK TO DOMINATE GOTY awards or else hell will break loose!
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pffrbt

Not necessarily "funner" in the terms you would think, but objectively more thought provoking, mature, and artistic etcBoxingandGaming

This is all subjective.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BoxingandGaming
What's thought provoking or challenging about primarily generic cover shooting and trial and error stealth sections.Pffrbt
Yep, troll confirmed.You dont deserve a response from me....but i will respond anyway for the lurkers to read The gameplay in The Last of Us was amazing. Even challenging...for sure it requires much more thought then your typical AAA Gears/Halo games(also typical AAA games like Tomb Raider/ Bioshock) For example, Gameplay in Last of Us Is backed by item resource management. Depending on the items you find then craft in real time it effects how you can tackle encounters more offensively or defensively Then ammo is scrace, clickers are one hit kills, so again...you have to always think and play smart. Meele is simplistic and so brutal- So in the fleet of desperation you can take a guy out in a panic like brawl very quickly, go back into hiding, and then re-strategize your gameplan etc You have to think fast and act fact when playing the Last of Us, only having the chance to re-evaluate when you're in a safe spot, just like you would in real life in that situation.A Mortal Kombat like meele system would defeat that purpose... Also just try running away while getting a shot in with your gun on the enemies as they chase you, and the gun pops off with a defeaning boom So satisfying! Combat is just so frantic and tense..I loved it! BTW enemies will react to your bullets and blood splattters with each hit. Gun play is phenomenal in Last of Us...no bullet sponge enemies like in Gears either To talk more about the stealth... (Part 1 of 3)
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I've played both. Only finished TLoU.

GTAV so far is a better game. By a fair amount too. TLoU is a game you rent and enjoy its short, linear, story driven adventure. GTAV is a game you buy and get lost in its world, love its characters, laugh at its jokes and marvel at its scale and detail.

Also Rockstar North are a better developer than Naughty Dog.

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BoxingandGaming

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"]Not necessarily "funner" in the terms you would think, but objectively more thought provoking, mature, and artistic etcPffrbt

This is all subjective.

NO, saying that GTAV is "funner" IS what is subjective. Fun is a subjective term and can be qualified in any way What im talking about is factual. Last of Us is more thought provoking and mature In fact i find Last of Us's mature deep story and gameplay much funner to experience. Im sure many will agree Im going to turn your own troll tactics around on you though "GTAV does nothing new or interesting and is one of the more miserable gaming experiences I've had in recent memory." You also keep asking me dumb questions about Last of Us Well, what is good about the shallow generic open world gameplay in GTAV where gun play is weak and cars control like shit? ;) Also, the writing has been so cringe worthingly juvenile in GTAV...my post on the first page goes into greater detail Last of Us is much better then GTAV is in every single way..
lostfan132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostfan132
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

I've only played a little bit of GTA 5, but im pretty sure The Last of Us will be my GOTY, followed by Bioshock, then GTA5. Incredibly all these games would likely win GOTY's if they are dropped anywhere this gen. If we're talking about games of the generation its basically Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, Dark Souls, Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and probably GTA5. 

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I guess this would be one of the many GTA vs TLOU threads we would see for the next few months before next gen consoles come out. I already made a thread about consumer preference between Open World games and Linear Experiences, the verdict so far indicates that it boils down to personal preference, if you enjoy a game of open world nature, chances are you would not like TLOU, you would rate games like Skyrim, GTA, Sleeping Dogs, RDR over Gears/Uncharteds, but if you tend to be someone who likes a more focused experience, vice versa. Also i try to enquire the age of the respondents in those threads, perhaps create a poll to find a correlation between the age of the gamers and what they prefer, reason why i say this is because i loved GTA San Andreas but that was then, now i look for things with mature themes which TLOU provided so....

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

What are TLoU's mature themes abscent from GTA V?

BoxingandGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BoxingandGaming

I've played both. Only finished TLoU.

GTAV so far is a better game. By a fair amount too. TLoU is a game you rent and enjoy its short, linear, story driven adventure. GTAV is a game you buy and get lost in its world, love its characters, laugh at its jokes and marvel at its scale and detail.

Also Rockstar North are a better developer than Naughty Dog.

-Unreal-
You are trying too hard my friend. For any one who doesnt know, Unreal is a confirmed xbot troll who was hating on the Last of Us in every single thread he could before it had ever came out He was never going to give it a fair shake (I still have my doubts that he has even played it. Lots of xbots or trolls on gamespot talk about playstation games theyve never played) Here is one sure way you can tell he is trolling off the bat, he calls The Last of Us a short game when the fact is the game is 15-20 hours long lol. Last of Us is a game you can not rent and beat right away too. Never mind the MP. Never mind the replayability of encounters. Hell, ive beaten Last of Us 5 times and have replayed some encounters over 20 times, literally. You need to buy this baby! Anyway, Not one gameplay mechanic in GTAV is as polished as just the gun play is in Last of Us etc. Remember quality>quantity. And some of your other statments were hilarious I especially laughed when you said, "GTAV is a game where you love its characters" Characters in GTAV are so poorly done and are walking sterotypes and cliches(explained in my first post) Also, the fact you would laugh at the lame 5th garde style of potty humor jokes in GTAV says alot about your level of immaturity Lastly, [Quote="boxingandgaming"]All Rockstar games are the same old open world BS Rockstar North isnt even fit to hold Naughty Dog's jock strap Rockstar makes games by checking off every open world AAA feature they can think of....no real passion or polished mechanics...just them checking features off in an AAA open world check list... Naughty Dog on the other hand doesnt do that. Naughty Dog sets out to create specific experiences that resonate. Naughty Dog will flesh out what they decide to do and make the most out of it.. Naughty Dog never half asses a feature or adds needless features just in order to check off a "features" check list, like many including Rockstar do.. When Naughty Dog does something, they do it 100%.....and it is only done to serve a purpose to the kind of game they are going for etc. Naughty Dog than polishes up beyond belief. Naughty Dog always tackles design with such a thoughtful approach-just making sure everything fits with the ideas present, that it all makes sense together, and that its smooth etc. Naughty Dog does everything they do with a purpose, a genuine craftsmanship, and passion.... Oh and not to mention Naughty Dog are by far the best story tellers in gaming and are literally one of the only studios i can think of that makes GREAT gamplay and GREAT stories all in one-under one package etc Just think about this, Naughty Dog is responsible for 2 of the greatest games of this gen (Last of Us and Uncharted 2) and both are dramtically different to each other No other developer is as versatile and consistent as Naughty Dog No other developer has been as great as Naughty Dog has been this gen Hell Naughty Dog reinvented action adventure with Uncharted and then reinvented survival horror with Last of Us Naughty Dog doesnt just make great games THEY REINVENT genres son Naughty Dog is easily one of the greatest developers gaming has ever seen Rockstar isnt even in the converstation.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Honestly, both are close in quality to each other, TLOU having the advantage being something new and GTA5 having the privilege to refine it's series.

It really depends on your taste, but GTA5 delivers in the open-world game as much as TLOU delivers the survival horror game.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

BoxingandGaming

Your friend is 100% spot on Im about 2-3 hours into GTAV and right away its appearent how awful the writing in GTAV is...its so cliche..... Every character is a literal walking stereotype..... Listening to how black men always try to talk so "street" is just sooo cringe worthy....its like Rockstar thinks we are back in the 90s...back when gang life was idolised.....and it was still stupid back then... And the white characters are portrayed as your typical crazy dysfunctional etc....its so racist....and every one in GTAV just seems to be cussing up a storm for no reason... OH and the attempts at humor in GTAV are so lame....its basically potty humor The humor in GTAV is akin to 3rd grade fart, drugs, and sex jokes etc....just trying way to hard and using curse words to be "edgy" Not only is GTAV a complete failure from a writing and narrative standpoint, ive been doing some free roam gameplay and I'm finding the gameplay in GTAV to be very boring and shallow....gunplay feels weak.....driving feels too floaty and slippery etc..... The ONLY good thing i can say about GTAV is that the scope and look of the world is really good.... GTAV is being vastly over rated by the media .....but what else is new....I HAVE to STOP falling for the hype and buying Rockstar games and GTA games....all rockstar games are the same old BS This shouldn't even be up for debate. Last of Us has magnitude better writing, a much better story and much better cohesive deeper gameplay. I will go into more detail in my next post After playing Bioshock and GTAV, im now 110% positive the Last if Us is going to sweep up GOTY awards

From someone who thinks GTAIV is complete garbage, mainly for the exact same reasons you bring up, I guess I'll pass on GTAV. Your post confirms my already low expectations.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]

CJ_ofCamelot
Sold out.

Both deserve GOTY

Ballroompirate
same here
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"] Your friend is 100% spot on Im about 2-3 hours into GTAV and right away its appearent how awful the writing in GTAV is...its so cliche..... Every character is a literal walking stereotype..... Listening to how black men always try to talk so "street" is just sooo cringe worthy....its like Rockstar thinks we are back in the 90s...back when gang life was idolised.....and it was still stupid back then... And the white characters are portrayed as your typical crazy dysfunctional etc....its so racist....and every one in GTAV just seems to be cussing up a storm for no reason... OH and the attempts at humor in GTAV are so lame....its basically potty humor The humor in GTAV is akin to 3rd grade fart, drugs, and sex jokes etc....just trying way to hard and using curse words to be "edgy" Not only is GTAV a complete failure from a writing and narrative standpoint, ive been doing some free roam gameplay and I'm finding the gameplay in GTAV to be very boring and shallow....gunplay feels weak.....driving feels too floaty and slippery etc..... The ONLY good thing i can say about GTAV is that the scope and look of the world is really good.... GTAV is being vastly over rated by the media .....but what else is new....I HAVE to STOP falling for the hype and buying Rockstar games and GTA games....all rockstar games are the same old BS This shouldn't even be up for debate. Last of Us has magnitude better writing, a much better story and much better cohesive deeper gameplay. I will go into more detail in my next post After playing Bioshock and GTAV, im now 110% positive the Last if Us is going to sweep up GOTY awardssts106mat

From someone who thinks GTAIV is complete garbage, mainly for the exact same reasons you bring up, I guess I'll pass on GTAV. Your post confirms my already low expectations.

"from someone who thinks"..........taking brofists advice LOL does not compute..

"from someone who thinks", I was talking about myself! I think GTAIV is complete garbage, for the exact same reasons mentioned. It's safe to assume I won't enjoy GTAV.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pffrbt

"Ok, you have all but confirmed now that you are a Last of Us hater/troll....possibly even a delusional xbot"
I'm not trolling, I do dislike TLOU due to what a massive disappointment and miserable experience it was. I have no idea why you would think I'm an "xbot". I can't stand Microsoft and I hate using my 360 anymore. 

"The gameplay in The Last of Us was amazing. Even challenging...for sure it requires much more thought then your typical AAA Gears/Halo games(also Bioshock)"
It doesn't require more thought though, it's just more trial and error. 

"Gameplay in Last of Us Is backed by item resource management. Depending on the items you find then craft in real time it effects how you can tackle encounters more offensively or defensively"
In practice this just means you wander around scavaging crap that doesn't function differently than the stuff you typically acquire and manage in other games like this. 

"Then ammo is scrace, clickers are one hit kills, so again...you have to always think and play smart."
This doesn't lead to thinking and playing smarter though, because clickers and other enemies will just arbitrarily detect you for no reason anyway. 

"So in the fleet of desperation you can take a guy out in a panic like brawl very quickly"
Which usually leads to everyone ganging up on you and killing you, forcing you to restart. 

"go back into hiding"
Which won't last since enemies are already after you and fan out all over the f*cking place so you can't possibly find a place to get them off your back. Then they find you and you get overwhelmed and are forced to restart, 

"and then re-strategize your gameplan etc"
The only effective gameplan being stealth kill what few you can and then take whack a mole pot shots at the rest. 

"You have to think fast and act fact when playing the Last of Us"
No you don't since there's very few effective strategies and if you mess up or if the game arbitrarily decides everything is going to find you and kill you you have to restart.

"NO, saying that GTAV is "funner" IS what is subjective."
Not anymore subjective than what you're saying.

"What im talking about is factual. Last of Us is more thought provoking and mature"
That isn't factual, it's subjective.

"GTAV does nothing new or interesting and is one of the more miserable gaming experiences I've had in recent memory."
I haven't played GTAV so this doesn't mean anything to me. I don't care.

"Well, what is good about the shallow generic open world gameplay in GTAV where gun play is weak and cars control like shit?"
The sheer amount of content and potential for dicking around.

"Also, the writing has been absolutely horrendous in GTAV..."
I've never liked the writing in Rockstar games so you're probably not wrong. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

since they both suck so i go with neither SNIPER4321

U suck

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="BoxingandGaming"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

nunovlopes

Your friend is 100% spot on Im about 2-3 hours into GTAV and right away its appearent how awful the writing in GTAV is...its so cliche..... Every character is a literal walking stereotype..... Listening to how black men always try to talk so "street" is just sooo cringe worthy....its like Rockstar thinks we are back in the 90s...back when gang life was idolised.....and it was still stupid back then... And the white characters are portrayed as your typical crazy dysfunctional etc....its so racist....and every one in GTAV just seems to be cussing up a storm for no reason... OH and the attempts at humor in GTAV are so lame....its basically potty humor The humor in GTAV is akin to 3rd grade fart, drugs, and sex jokes etc....just trying way to hard and using curse words to be "edgy" Not only is GTAV a complete failure from a writing and narrative standpoint, ive been doing some free roam gameplay and I'm finding the gameplay in GTAV to be very boring and shallow....gunplay feels weak.....driving feels too floaty and slippery etc..... The ONLY good thing i can say about GTAV is that the scope and look of the world is really good.... GTAV is being vastly over rated by the media .....but what else is new....I HAVE to STOP falling for the hype and buying Rockstar games and GTA games....all rockstar games are the same old BS This shouldn't even be up for debate. Last of Us has magnitude better writing, a much better story and much better cohesive deeper gameplay. I will go into more detail in my next post After playing Bioshock and GTAV, im now 110% positive the Last if Us is going to sweep up GOTY awards

NO, please don't, you basing your opinion on your dog would be better than basing it on brofists.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Having played both i feel GTA V is so much better than the last of us the world in gta V is massive and its easy to feel immersed in the game.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I don't mean to put down The Last of Us in any way, but I feel Grand Theft Auto V wins this bout because it is less constrained in nature.