The Mario Kart 8 Hype Thread (HYPE: AAAE) (Now Updated!)

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@Demonjoe93 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Demonjoe93 said:

@g0ddyX said:

#Rehash #SameOldForumla #Cartoon #FamilyFriendly #Nostalgic #PoorMultiplayerSupport

The hardcore Sheep on here have been royally owned again. Not even the main Nintendo games can save the weaksauce Wii U.

Good time to sell Wii U before prices drop, with E3 coming around the corner, PS4, Xbox One and next gen PC games will be coming soon.

Poor :@charizard1605 in hyping the game, forcing it upon others and making a topic everyday about Mario Kart like its the last saving grace. Someone should watch on him.

On the horizon, we are going to see some next gen racing games for gamers and its going to be hot.

None of those being criticisms towards the game. Do you ever say anything correct?

He thinks being cartoony and family friendly are cons, and he loves LBP... #Hypocrisy

#lolGoddyx.

#lolNintendoFanboys.

Almost every reviwer has acknowledged that is the same 'Same Old' and a rehash game but with a shine on it.
Of course fanboys will blantly deny this and see it as second gaming coming of christ.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

if it gets anything above 8 is only due to having Mario in the title.. looks like its bringing nothing new to the Karting genre.. however it looks fun & colourful !!

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#303  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Demonjoe93 said:

@g0ddyX said:

#Rehash #SameOldForumla #Cartoon #FamilyFriendly #Nostalgic #PoorMultiplayerSupport

The hardcore Sheep on here have been royally owned again. Not even the main Nintendo games can save the weaksauce Wii U.

Good time to sell Wii U before prices drop, with E3 coming around the corner, PS4, Xbox One and next gen PC games will be coming soon.

Poor :@charizard1605 in hyping the game, forcing it upon others and making a topic everyday about Mario Kart like its the last saving grace. Someone should watch on him.

On the horizon, we are going to see some next gen racing games for gamers and its going to be hot.

None of those being criticisms towards the game. Do you ever say anything correct?

He thinks being cartoony and family friendly are cons, and he loves LBP... #Hypocrisy

#lolGoddyx.

#lolNintendoFanboys.

Almost every reviwer has acknowledged that is the same 'Same Old' and a rehash game but with a shine on it.

Of course fanboys will blantly deny this and see it as second gaming coming of christ.

Oh, okay, is that why it has an 88 average on GameRankings right now? Yeah, they're really getting slammed for rehashing by the critics, huh?

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#304 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@Malta_1980 said:

if it gets anything above 8 is only due to having Mario in the title.. looks like its bringing nothing new to the Karting genre.. however it looks fun & colourful !!

Luckily it doesn't need to bring anything new am I right? ;)

Nah jk... it still has plenty of things it could fix up but I would say it is probably the most refined kart racing franchise out there. It is one of the only kart racing games though so who knows?

I'll stretch it a bit further and think it crushes just about every real racing game imo. I might be in the minority there though.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#305 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Only on GameSpot would an 8 be considered a flop.

Anyway, played it at GameStop today. Totally worth a purchase. The tracks felt a lot more imaginative than Mario Kart 7's stale offerings (thank God), and the graphics are stunning. Only complaint is that the tracks seemed really shortlived.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#306  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Anyway, played it at GameStop today. Totally worth a purchase. The tracks felt a lot more imaginative than Mario Kart 7's stale offerings (thank God), and the graphics are stunning. Only complaint is that the tracks seemed really shortlived.

Oh snap! I forgot about that demo event thing! Is it still going on?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#307  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Thank god I get to try out the game in about a week. There is a mario kart 8 demo at a lot of best buys in canada. I live close to one that has a demo.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#308 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts
@Heirren said:

@DraugenCP said:

@hiphops_savior said:

@The_Deepblue said:

Great score, especially considering that the Mario Kart franchise has been hit and miss on this site. May get this day one.

When you think about it, Mario Kart 64 really was the worst game in the series. Blatant rubber band AI and introducing Blue Shell really ensured the game aged poorly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realises this. Back in the day, it was greatly entertaining, mostly due to multiplayer, but the rubber banding and choppy controls were downright atrocious. It's quite the horror now if you go back to play it with some Double Dash, DS, or Wii experience under your belt.

I think Mario Kart 64 was one of the best. I think the reason some people don't care for it was because it was a little more difficult to even be decent at the game. Personally I never understood why people didn't like it.

Mario Kart 64, at least in my country, was (and arguably still is) wildly popular regardless of skill level. It wasn't more difficult to be decent at it. Haven't got a clue where you got that idea from.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm getting more hyped for this by the day. I'd change my hype to AAAA if it weren't too late.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#310  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

You can pick up the Mario kart 8 bundle for £199 at tesco. Never been more tempted