The Mario Kart 8 Hype Thread (HYPE: AAAE) (Now Updated!)

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Mario Kart 8 preorders are already sold out on Amazon. O_o

This may be exactly what the Wii U needs. I'm going to get the digital version. I have never sold any of my Mario Kart games, so I might as well have it on the system itself.

It's only one store, but... yes. This is good. This is very good indeed.

I believe they will probably bundle the game, so if this is a sign. then I see big things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#102 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

New circuit.

God this game looks pretty and amazing.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Those visuals looks stunning. If these are the type of graphics nintendo can pull off the wii u's lack of power may not be that much of a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shinobishyguy said:

Those visuals looks stunning. If these are the type of graphics nintendo can pull off the wii u's lack of power may not be that much of a problem.

Well, Nintendo's art is very pretty and can work with very little power, we always knew that.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Probably AAE.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

A 9/10 easy.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

LolAAAE no way. I'm willing to bet not even a AAE for gamespot.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Desmonic said:

AAAA! ROAT! WILL SAVE THE WiiU! WILL CURE CA--

...lolnope :P

AAAE (9) at best, but given GS's ways since last year, expect the random 8 or even a surprising 7! :O Should spur some hardware sales too, just not sure if it'll have a proper impact on that specific regard.

Almost every mario kart game has scored at least AAE on GS besides double dash and 64 so I think this game will be safe.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#110 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Shinobishyguy said:

@DocSanchez: even nintendos games tend to feel more fresh than this "kiddy" spiel thats been going on since the gamecube

The "Nintendo is kiddie" crap has been around longer than that. See: SNES (you know, the Nintendo console keep referring to as their "golden years?")

Ah, I see. So an advertising campaign is the reason that the SNES, unequivocally referred to at least the second greatest console of all time, is not Nintendo's 'golden years.' Gotcha.

It goes beyond that. Remember their extremist censorship rules back then, seeing the result of games like the first Mortal Kombat and Wolfenstein 3D?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Category with most votes is AAA.

But average vote is AA.

SW has never had a rule on calculating the "A" score. Personally I think an average should be considered over the most popular, as it is more indicative of the entire population.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#113 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

C'mon people! Didn't you see the images from that beanstalk level that Charizard1605 posted? If this isn't AAAAE then I don't know what is!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Shinobishyguy said:

@DocSanchez: even nintendos games tend to feel more fresh than this "kiddy" spiel thats been going on since the gamecube

The "Nintendo is kiddie" crap has been around longer than that. See: SNES (you know, the Nintendo console keep referring to as their "golden years?")

Ah, I see. So an advertising campaign is the reason that the SNES, unequivocally referred to at least the second greatest console of all time, is not Nintendo's 'golden years.' Gotcha.

It goes beyond that. Remember their extremist censorship rules back then, seeing the result of games like the first Mortal Kombat and Wolfenstein 3D?

So, 'extremist censorship rules' (that they retracted as soon as ESRB went up, or did you forget Mortal Kombat II) is why the SNES is not Nintendo's golden years?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

So, 'extremist censorship rules' (that they retracted as soon as ESRB went up, or did you forget Mortal Kombat II) is why the SNES is not Nintendo's golden years?

Nintendo may have retracted it (mostly, looking at you Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem: Awakening), but that doesn't (at least, seems to) mean a whole lot if they did it before. By that point, the damage was done. Even the idiots at WatchMojo knows that was a major problem for their image.

Granted, it didn't phase me back then because I wasn't following game media during the SNES era (and I personally am glad that they stopped with the third party content), but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist now does it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Nintendo may have retracted it (mostly, looking at you Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem: Awakening), but that doesn't (at least, seems to) mean a whole lot if they did it before. By that point, the damage was done. Even the idiots at WatchMojo knows that was a major problem for their image.

Granted, it didn't phase me back then because I wasn't following game media during the SNES era (and I personally am glad that they stopped with the third party content), but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist now does it?

There was no censorship in Fire Emblem Awakening- there was a respect for local sensibilities for a specific market. Having what appear to be scantily clad underage girls (even though many of them are not underage in the game, it takes playing the game long enough to figure that out) might be acceptable in Japan, but is considered distasteful in the west. It was Nintendo being aware and respectful of local market conditions. Censorship would have been them removing the 'have children' mechanics, for example.

There was no damage done- the N64 was the home of hardcore, mature, action games, the cool local multiplayer console. The Gamecube was considered kiddy as ****. The PlayStation 2 was the 'cool' console. The PlayStation 3 was a joke, until the very end, when it pulled back.

There is no permanent image associated with anybody. Every generation is a reset. Every generation is a chance to rebuild. This holds true of everyone, including Nintendo. The problem is not with their image, it's with their often stubborn refusal to move and evolve. Just like your stubborn refusal to let go of this illusion that everyone in the world is out for Nintendo's blood and wants them to just fail already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Tallies updated, we're still on AAAE folks.

@DocSanchez said:

LolAAAE no way. I'm willing to bet not even a AAE for gamespot.

Dude, this is essentially your third post in as many pages saying the exact same thing. We get it. You don't think it will score high here, you think it's a 7 at best because it looks the same old, you are impressed at the 'good old fashioned courage' going on in this thread, and you think the game looks nice. We get it, no need to repeat yourself on every page.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#118  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

I saw this game in person last summer when Nintendo was demonstrating their upcoming games at Best Buy. It looked alright, nothing really special by any means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

I saw this game in person last summer when Nintendo was demonstrating their upcoming games at Best Buy. It looked alright, nothing really special by any means.

You mean a very early build of a game with its development in progress didn't look as great as the final game seems to look?

Stop. The. Presses.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

9.5/10 hype

The track editor will put this game over the top

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@enzyme36 said:

9.5/10 hype

The track editor will put this game over the top

Gamespot only does whole numbers now :P

And the track editor still isn't confirmed.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

ohhh... well 9 it is... I don't see a 10 happening

8 if no editor

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

uk is getting special edition blue shell of death..

also t shirts and keychain...order here:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/mario-kart-8-bundles.list?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=MK8

Loading Video...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DocSanchez

@charizard1605: I've only made two posts on the subject. And FWIW, I'm not saying it will suck. I just refuse to buy into the name of any franchise. If this had Badgie the Badger and his colourful cast of cartoon animals and was on a console stacked with games it would still make an impact but not nearly as much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DocSanchez said:

@charizard1605: I've only made two posts on the subject. And FWIW, I'm not saying it will suck. I just refuse to buy into the name of any franchise. If this had Badgie the Badger and his colourful cast of cartoon animals and was on a console stacked with games it would still make an impact but not nearly as much.

I understand that, you actually already established you do like how the game looks :p

Personally, I think the 'name of the franchise' argument is rather stupid (if it plays well, why does the name or skin matter at all?), but I can see the other side of the argument, I can see where you are coming from as well.

Now Mario Kart 8 will certainly help the Wii U. Will it put it out of its miserable third place? No, but it will at least make it viable enough for Nintendo to hang on to for a couple more years.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#126 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

AAAE

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

You mean a very early build of a game with its development in progress didn't look as great as the final game seems to look?

Stop. The. Presses.

It was late last summer. You really think that was an early build?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

There was no censorship in Fire Emblem Awakening- there was a respect for local sensibilities for a specific market. Having what appear to be scantily clad underage girls (even though many of them are not underage in the game, it takes playing the game long enough to figure that out) might be acceptable in Japan, but is considered distasteful in the west. It was Nintendo being aware and respectful of local market conditions. Censorship would have been them removing the 'have children' mechanics, for example.

There was no damage done- the N64 was the home of hardcore, mature, action games, the cool local multiplayer console. The Gamecube was considered kiddy as ****. The PlayStation 2 was the 'cool' console. The PlayStation 3 was a joke, until the very end, when it pulled back.

There is no permanent image associated with anybody. Every generation is a reset. Every generation is a chance to rebuild. This holds true of everyone, including Nintendo. The problem is not with their image, it's with their often stubborn refusal to move and evolve. Just like your stubborn refusal to let go of this illusion that everyone in the world is out for Nintendo's blood and wants them to just fail already.

Yes, the N64 was CLEARLY the home for mature titles. That's why it had (not counting multiplats like Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil 2, and Quake as they are also on the other system) Perfect Dark, Turok (which got ported to PC, nothing else), and Conker, which surely garnered more attention than the console that had Metal Gear, more Resident Evil games, Fear Effect, and Silent Hill... OH WAIT!

I know it was the go to console for (most) multiplayer games. Where else were gamers going to go for local four placer support in games like Goldeneye (the most known multiplayer game on the system), Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, and Smash at the time? Wasn't ideal for fighting game fans though, that is where the PlayStation shined.

And like hell, the N64 wasn't considered kiddy. Not when Mario (platformer, karts, parties, golf, who cares) and Zelda still charted in the top ranks and other games like Donkey Kong 64, Banjo, Pokemon, and Smash joined them.

Okay, you're right. A new gen is supposed to be a time where things rebuild. Just too bad too many people didn't want that since Nintendo got exclusivity for... THAT F***ING GAME! (The game I backed exclusivity for, but am starting to have second thoughts and thinking all parties involved need to find a new partner just to shut everyone up, that game has been nothing but trouble).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Yes, the N64 was CLEARLY the home for mature titles. That's why it had (not counting multiplats like Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil 2, and Quake as they are also on the other system) Perfect Dark, Turok (which got ported to PC, nothing else), and Conker, which surely garnered more attention than the console that had Metal Gear, more Resident Evil games, Fear Effect, and Silent Hill... OH WAIT!

I know it was the go to console for (most) multiplayer games. Where else were gamers going to go for local four placer support in games like Goldeneye (the most known multiplayer game on the system), Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, and Smash at the time? Wasn't ideal for fighting game fans though, that is where the PlayStation shined.

And like hell, the N64 wasn't considered kiddy. Not when Mario (platformer, karts, parties, golf, who cares) and Zelda still charted in the top ranks and other games like Donkey Kong 64, Banjo, Pokemon, and Smash joined them.

Okay, you're right. A new gen is supposed to be a time where things rebuild. Just too bad too many people didn't want that since Nintendo got exclusivity for... THAT F***ING GAME! (The game I backed exclusivity for, but am starting to have second thoughts and thinking all parties involved need to find a new partner just to shut everyone up, that game has been nothing but trouble).

Has been nothing but trouble? How? You think a bunch of nerds on forums complaining is actually 'trouble' and should cause Nintendo and Platinum to find new partners, Jesus Christ, I have nothing more to say to you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

New screenshot:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Has been nothing but trouble? How? You think a bunch of nerds on forums complaining is actually 'trouble' and should cause Nintendo and Platinum to find new partners, Jesus Christ, I have nothing more to say to you.

After reading that, I think people are getting quick to disregard people on the internet when there are complaints, considering through that, the world is more and more connected. Not everyone on it are trolls or have their opinions disregarded because it's in one spot, you know and considering many companies USE the internet for feedback (EVEN Nintendo, via MiiVerse, how else did Earthbound get on VC?).

It's also worth noting that it's mostly "nerds on internet forums" that want Iwata off his spot, due to their disdain for how he runs things. If I recall, you're part of that.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:

After reading that, I think people are getting quick to disregard people on the internet when there are complaints, considering through that, the world is more and more connected. Not everyone on it are trolls or have their opinions disregarded because it's in one spot, you know and considering many companies USE the internet for feedback (EVEN Nintendo, via MiiVerse, how else did Earthbound get on VC?).

It's also worth noting that it's mostly "nerds on internet forums" that want Iwata off his spot, due to their disdain for how he runs things. If I recall, you're part of that.

I've said it like 50 times to you: you need to stop taking System Wars as reality :D

SW went mental against a million things that succeeded in the real world.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

do we need a poll to make the hype all official? hype threads need a poll imho...otherwise who is to say what the hype actually is?

anyway Ae as per GS reckoning i think. 7/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Then you recall incorrectly. As incorrect as your extrapolation of general opinion towards Nintendo from a few internet forums, and your continued hilarious assertion that business strategies should be based on these.

And sure, the internet as a whole should be regarded as a decent sample size- in which case, your (once again) stubborn refusal to recognize that while people are exasperated with a lot of Nintendo's decisions (because of course they are, Nintendo's decisions are <redacted>), they still profess to love the company and their games, and most who are not the trolls that you say should be disregarded want them to pull back next round and do well.

You have an unhealthy martyr's obsession with Nintendo, a persecution complex that was amusing to begin with, then just became sad as time went on, and is now just frustrating because how steadfastly you hold on to notions that are just full on ridiculous.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Then you recall incorrectly. As incorrect as your extrapolation of general opinion towards Nintendo from a few internet forums, and your continued hilarious assertion that business strategies should be based on these.

And sure, the internet as a whole should be regarded as a decent sample size- in which case, your (once again) stubborn refusal to recognize that while people are exasperated with a lot of Nintendo's decisions (because of course they are, Nintendo's decisions are <redacted>), they still profess to love the company and their games, and most who are not the trolls that you say should be disregarded want them to pull back next round and do well.

You have an unhealthy martyr's obsession with Nintendo, a persecution complex that was amusing to begin with, then just became sad as time went on, and is now just frustrating because how steadfastly you hold on to notions that are just full on ridiculous.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought Nintendo should be listening to the gamers.

Martyr's obession? Really? You think I would die than give up my Nintendo fan card when? Even when I HAVE complaints with the damn company (like when they announced to be "experimenting" with F2P/Microtransactions with that 3DS eShop app, god I hope THAT blows up in their faces). You really think I'd go THAT far?

I'd be more than happy to renounce my fandom for the company if they performed more things to piss me off severely (like EA-esque DRM, see: Sim City). Or are you referring to when I say I think it's a horrible idea if they went third party and once they do that, I'll, again, be renouncing my (current) fandom for the company, not wanting to get caught in that mess and that I'd rather see them leaving gaming, seeing that as the better poison?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By nintendoboy16

Okay, I know I'll get ignored after all I said, but here's is how Nintendo is promoting the game. Have your hands and/or desks ready for your heads and/or faces.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

New track image:

Looks pretty as ****.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, I know I'll get ignored after all I said, but here's is how Nintendo is promoting the game. Have your hands and/or desks ready for your heads and/or faces.

That looks like a lot of fun.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#139  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

New track image:

Looks pretty as ****.

Agreed, it looks quite nice.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DocSanchez

I will always be honest: That looks nice. I like the artstyle.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Not even 200 replies to this thread, I guess Sheep really don't care about Mario anymore :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

Not even 200 replies to this thread, I guess Sheep really don't care about Mario anymore :(

Game's more than two months away from release, bro

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt :P

<3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

<3

We'll see where this thread is nearer the game's release >.>

;__;

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

<3

;__;

It won't get that many responses, I really miss when hype threads would easily reach 2k-3k posts or the insane 8k-11k post hype threads, now we're lucky to even get 1k responses to hype threads :(

I mean my Dark Souls 2 hype thread didn't even get past 700 responses /cry

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

<3

;__;

It won't get that many responses, I really miss when hype threads would easily reach 2k-3k posts or the insane 8k-11k post hype threads, now we're lucky to even get 1k responses to hype threads :(

That's because the new site design has driven away a ton of traffic.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#148  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

;__;

That's because the new site design has driven away a ton of traffic.

And don't forget the community. SW has gotten worse. I rarely find it worth visiting anymore. There's a handful of people (like IgGy621985) who keep SW from being a total cesspit.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#149  Edited By steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

Why call it mario kart if it's not just go-karts anymore?

lol hypocritial.to use the name mario kart.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#150 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Greats amazing. Looks like a large step beyond MK wii.

9/10.