Sony's 1st party has deteriorated a shocking amount in recent years

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Its been HUGELY downgraded during the PS3 generation and will probably only get worse with Sonys obsession on indie games. Cows act like its untouchable when that couldn't be further from the truth.

SCE Japan Studio - Working on Knack LOL
Team Ico - ..... :lol:
Polyphony Digital - ...... Are now second to Turn 10. Takes them 6 years just to make a new game, despite being filled with old assets. Last game a huge flop.
Naughy Gods - Sonys best dev studio
SCE Santa Monica - Their second best, but their only quality games have been God of War games so far. Yawn.
SCE San Diego - MLBLOL
SCE Bend - Portable garbage
Sucker Punch - AA studio at best
SCE London - Casual trash like Buzz
Evolution - AA studio at best
Guerilla - AA studio at best
Media Molecule - working on PS Move trash

Incognito Entertainment - Closed down.
Lightbox Interactive - Cut ties with Sony. No sequel to Warhawk or Starhawk for you.
SCE Liverpool - Closed down. No Wipeout for you.
Zipper Interactive - Closed down. No SOCOM for you.
Superbot - Cut ties with Sony. No Playstations Allstars sequel for you.
Eat Sleep Play - Cut ties with Sony. No Twisted Metal for you.
That GameCompany - Multiplat now
Insomniac - Multiplat now

So from all that, there are 2 AAA calbire studios?

I'm just wondering where these 20 AAA blockbuster games are being developed that are supposedly coming from Sony in the first year? (or so cows keep telling me)

So far theres Killzone, Knack, Drive Club, The Order and Infamous. Thats 5.

GuNsbl4ziN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GuNsbl4ziN
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts
Whilst I do agree that their first party developers are overrated (severely in some cases), I dont think they are bad.
Raziel831991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raziel831991
Member since 2013 • 631 Posts

Isnt quantic dream a sony first party studio now?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RR360DD

Isnt quantic dreams a sony first party studio now?

Raziel831991
Nope, plus Beyond is getting crappy previews. Not looking good :cool:
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
I'm still pissed Team Soho died.
Raziel831991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Raziel831991
Member since 2013 • 631 Posts

Well atleast they have first party studios unlike microsoft which has barely any at all.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

They are way overated. Still they were largely hampered this gen with the PS3's gimped hardware leaving them with no choice but to make interactive movies with semi fixed cameras and little gameplay. I will give them another chance this coming gen but they are still way behind both Nintendo and Microsoft in my books.

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

They are way overated. Still they were largely hampered this gen with the PS3's gimped hardware leaving them with no choice but to make interactive movies with semi fixed cameras and little gameplay. I will give them another chance this coming gen but they are still way behind both Nintendo and Microsoft in my books.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Nintendo ^^ Soon they will drop the console bizz, and just go create games for the 3ds and mobile phones ^^

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Its been HUGELY downgraded during the PS3 generation and will probably only get worse with Sonys obsession on indie games. Cows act like its untouchable when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Polyphony Digital - ...... Are now second to Turn 10. Takes them 6 years just to make a new game, despite being filled with old assets. Last game a huge flop.
SCE Santa Monica - Their second best, but their only quality games have been God of War games so far. Yawn.
SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

Lightbox Interactive - Cut ties with Sony. No sequel to Warhawk or Starhawk for you.

I'm just wondering where these 20 AAA blockbuster games are being developed that are supposedly coming from Sony in the first year? (or so cows keep telling me)

RR360DD

haterade.jpg

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

ramonnl

Nintendo ^^ Soon they will drop the console bizz, and just go create games for the 3ds and mobile phones ^^

Source?

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

RR360DD

Japan Studio has at least 5 teams...

Naughty Dog has 2 teams so expect a new game reveal soon, same with Santa Monica Studios

(Naughty Dog has actually 3 teams, but the 3rd team - the ICE team - only does R&D for OS and APIs)

SCE London is Sony biggest studio, but it only has 3 small teams for games, they mostly do all OS, APIs and R&D for Sony.

Guerrilla also has 2 teams, one is doing KZ SF , the other is working on a new IP.

Insomaniac has not gone fully multiplat, they are doing a PS3 game now and are working on a PS4 game too.

Media Molecule main team is working on something, i wouldnt call it trash without knowing what it is...

SCE San Diego has 2 teams working on Ps4 games, MLB and a new IP

SOE is making PC/PS4 games, as far as consoles are concerned its exclusives (DC Universe, PlanetSide 2 and Everquest Next)

Quantic Dream also has 2 teams, the 2nd team has been working on a PS4 new IP for 1 year now.

There are rumors that Sumo Digital is working on LBP3, but no info if PS3 or PS4 or both.

Housemarque is working on a new Super Stardust and has another team doing a new IP.

You also forgot these small devs:  Sanzaru Games, Giant Sparrow, Zindagi Games, Clap Hanz, Novarama, Queasy Games and Ovosonico.

Not to mention the very small indies that are jumping on the PS4 train.

Some studios left, some joined. The same happens with MS (Bungie??)

blegit97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blegit97
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
At least they are doing better than Microsoft. Possibly their only good studio is now multi-plat. Sony still has Naughty Dogs which was better than Bungie ever was.
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="ramonnl"]

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Source?

The mentalist

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
lol, this thread reeks of desperation lol.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

lol, this thread reeks of desperation lol.II_Seraphim_II

people in glass houses throwing stones

blegit97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blegit97
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

ManatuBeard

Japan Studio has at least 5 teams...

Naughty Dog has 2 teams so expect a new game reveal soon, same with Santa Monica Studios

(Naughty Dog has actually 3 teams, but the 3rd team - the ICE team - only does R&D for OS and APIs)

SCE London is Sony biggest studio, but it only has 3 small teams for games, they mostly do all OS, APIs and R&D for Sony.

Guerrilla also has 2 teams, one is doing KZ SF , the other is working on a new IP.

Insomaniac has not gone fully multiplat, they are doing a PS3 game now and are working on a PS4 game too.

Media Molecule main team is working on something, i wouldnt call it trash without knowing what it is...

SCE San Diego has 2 teams working on Ps4 games, MLB and a new IP

SOE is making PC/PS4 games, as far as consoles are concerned its exclusives (DC Universe, PlanetSide 2 and Everquest Next)

Quantic Dream also has 2 teams, the 2nd team has been working on a PS4 new IP for 1 year now.

There are rumors that Sumo Digital is working on LBP3, but no info if PS3 or PS4 or both.

Housemarque is working on a new Super Stardust and has another team doing a new IP.

You also forgot these small devs:  Sanzaru Games, Giant Sparrow, Zindagi Games, Clap Hanz, Novarama, Queasy Games and Ovosonico.

I have found that it takes a lot for me to not enjoy an rpg. If one of those studios can make at least a mediocre RPG, I'll be happy. Deep Down looks promising if that actually becomes a thing.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ManatuBeard

There are also exclusives from 3rd parties (mostly from Japan and mostly JRPGs) that we will only know at TGS (or pre-TGS Sony event).

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

ManatuBeard

Japan Studio has at least 5 teams... - Yeah Team Ico being one of them. When was the last time something great came from that studio?

Naughty Dog has 2 teams so expect a new game reveal soon, same with Santa Monica Studios - So 2 new games from the B teams. Could be a mixed bag like Uncharted 3.

SCE London is Sony biggest studio, but it only has 3 small teams for games, they mostly do all OS, APIs and R&D for Sony. - SCE London work on casual crap now like Wonderbook lol

Guerrilla also has 2 teams, one is doing KZ SF , the other is working on a new IP. - LOL Guerilla's B team, I can only imagine what they'd come up with ...

Insomaniac has not gone fully multiplat, they are doing a PS3 game now and are working on a PS4 game too. - Yeah but considering they used to solely develop for Sony platforms, its a change. Most resources spent on multiplatform development = less for Sony

Media Molecule main team is working on something, i wouldnt call it trash without knowing what it is... - Like I said, Move game which will be garbage ... because its Move

SCE San Diego has 2 teams working on Ps4 games, MLB and a new IP - Potentially another kart racer or something equally as worthless

Quantic Dream also has 2 teams, the 2nd team has been working on a PS4 new IP for 1 year now. Not a Sony studio

There are rumors that Sumo Digital is working on LBP3, but no info if PS3 or PS4 or both. - Not a Sony studio

Housemarque is working on a new Super Stardust and has another team doing a new IP. Not a Sony studio

You also forgot these small devs:  Sanzaru Games, Giant Sparrow, Zindagi Games, Clap Hanz, Novarama, Queasy Games and Ovosonico. And how many of those are Sony studios? Sanzaru aren't. Can't be bothered checking the rest.

Hmmm still not seeing quality.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

RR360DD

Japan Studio has at least 5 teams... - Yeah Team Ico being one of them. When was the last time something great came from that studio?

Naughty Dog has 2 teams so expect a new game reveal soon, same with Santa Monica Studios - So 2 new games from the B teams. Could be a mixed bag like Uncharted 3.

SCE London is Sony biggest studio, but it only has 3 small teams for games, they mostly do all OS, APIs and R&D for Sony. - SCE London work on casual crap now like Wonderbook lol

Guerrilla also has 2 teams, one is doing KZ SF , the other is working on a new IP. - LOL Guerilla's B team, I can only imagine what they'd come up with ...

Insomaniac has not gone fully multiplat, they are doing a PS3 game now and are working on a PS4 game too. - Yeah but considering they used to solely develop for Sony platforms, its a change. Most resources spent on multiplatform development = less for Sony

Media Molecule main team is working on something, i wouldnt call it trash without knowing what it is... - Like I said, Move game which will be garbage ... because its Move

SCE San Diego has 2 teams working on Ps4 games, MLB and a new IP - Potentially another kart racer or something equally as worthless

Quantic Dream also has 2 teams, the 2nd team has been working on a PS4 new IP for 1 year now. Not a Sony studio

There are rumors that Sumo Digital is working on LBP3, but no info if PS3 or PS4 or both. - Not a Sony studio

Housemarque is working on a new Super Stardust and has another team doing a new IP. Not a Sony studio

You also forgot these small devs:  Sanzaru Games, Giant Sparrow, Zindagi Games, Clap Hanz, Novarama, Queasy Games and Ovosonico. And how many of those are Sony studios? Sanzaru aren't. Can't be bothered checking the rest.

Oh please list all 1st PARTY ONLY MS studios and the games they are working on so we can compare the amount and the quality.

Otherwise be owned and shut up!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

ManatuBeard

Oh please list all 1st PARTY ONLY MS studios and the games they are working on so we can compare the amount and the quality.

:lol:

Why are you having a hissy fit when the thread is clearly about Sonys studios? And why bring up Microsoft? Do lems brag about MSs 1st party on a daily basis? No, that would be cows. I've never claimed MSs 1st party is awesome or untouchable, yet Ive seen cows call Sonys all that, better than Nintendos, etc. So ...

#dealwithit

:cool:

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I'm just gonna leave this here.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Why are you having a hissy fit when the thread is clearly about Sonys studios? And why bring up Microsoft? Do lems brag about MSs 1st party on a daily basis? No, that would be cows. I've never claimed MSs 1st party is awesome or untouchable, yet Ive seen cows call Sonys all that, better than Nintendos, etc. So ...

#dealwithit

lol

owned

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

ManatuBeard

#dealwithit

lol

owned

Just as I thought. No reply

I'm glad you've accepted Sonys mediocrity. I know I have

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

At least Sony have a strong firstr party lot. Microsoft have nothing but the same, they even got a new studio toi make another Halo, While most of sony first party make new games each gen, the facts are microsoft aren't really into the whole exclusive first party they'd rather buy timed exclusives like dlc's and games to come out first for a couple of months and thats it. i mean the best looking game was titanfall and thats coming to the pc and 360 ands they have stated that they'd like it to come to the ps4 and thats just down to the publisher agreement with microsoft for a while.

i'd like you to name microsofts exclusives.

and when did qunatic dream become multiplat :S they are sony excluisive.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Another day, another crappy thread on system wars

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

#dealwithit

RR360DD

lol

owned

Im still waiting for your reply...

Why bash Sony games (that you havent even seen) when you cant answer back with MS games/studios?

sub-hd struggling-to-cope-with-60-fps no-animations no-physics not-exclusive not-1st party Titanfall

struggling to cope with 30fps Project Spark

Forza 5 = Forza 4 at high Res

15fps standard looking not-1st party zombie game

full of jaggies QTE fest not-1st party Ryse

I can bash MS games the same way you can bash Sony games...

Do i look smart doing it? NO... So just imagine how ridiculous your thread is.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

lol

owned

ManatuBeard

Im still waiting for your reply...

Why bash Sony games (that you havent even seen) when you cant answer back with MS games/studios?

sub-hd struggling-to-cope-with-60-fps no-animations no-physics not-exclusive not-1st party Titanfall

struggling to cope with 30fps Project Spark

Forza 5 = Forza 4 at high Res

15fps standard looking not-1st party zombie game

full of jaggies QTE fest not-1st party Ryse

I can bash MS games the same way you can bash Sony games...

Do i look smart doing it? NO... So just imagine how ridiculous your thread is.

Stop trying to deflect :lol:

Microsoft has a pretty good 1st party, but its not amazing. Its not the best.

I'm calling out idiot cows like you who think Sonys 1st party is the be all end all.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Xbox exclusives can't even deteriorate because they're none existent.
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

[QUOTE="Raziel831991"]

RR360DD

I really pray that Sony buys them. I don't want them to succeed and grow as a multiplat dev and spread their movie nonsense across all platforms. It would be best if they keep their trash to one platform. We already having games like Ryse etc because of the Sony first party teh cinametic trend.:evil:

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Least Sony gets first party support, unlike M$ they just have one exclusive a year, which would either be Halo, Gears, or Forza.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

ramonnl

Sony is dropping out of the electronics and games business to make hamburgers. :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Least Sony gets first party support, unlike M$ they just have one exclusive a year, which would either be Halo, Gears, or Forza.

ultimate-k
Best in their class. Best first person, third person and racing simulator.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

lol RR360DD thread

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Raziel831991"]

zeeshanhaider

I really pray that Sony buys them. I don't want them to succeed and grow as a multiplat dev and spread their movie nonsense across all platforms. It would be best if they keep their trash to one platform. We already having games like Ryse etc because of the Sony first party teh cinametic trend.:evil:

Don't worry, if Quantic dream keep up this low level of quality, they won't be around for much longer anyway :cool:
Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

#dealwithit

In OTHER words, "let's not talk about me. We're talking about you right now"!

Nice.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Raziel831991"]

zeeshanhaider

They said on an interview that the relationship they have with Sony now is pratically like being 1st party. They were one of the 1st studios to get a PS4 devkit, that alone shows how much Sony cares for them.

They said that Sony backs them with money without making pressure about game content or release dates. They also said that developing for a single platform allows them to focus more in the game content and quality.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

[QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

FoxbatAlpha

No

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

ultimate-k

No

Great argument!
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

#dealwithit

Wow. :lol:

Let me get this straight. Some troll cow posted an obvious flame bait and you had to make a whole new thread to display your asshurt? Talk about a whole new level of butthurt... 

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

#dealwithit

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

FoxbatAlpha

Halo and Forza are AA trash now.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RR360DD

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

CallOfDutyRulez

Halo is AAA, Forza from Turn 10 AAA. Owned :cool:
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Best in their class. Best first person, third person and racing simulator. RR360DD

Halo is AAA, Forza from Turn 10 AAA. Owned :cool:

Halo 4 - 87

Forza Horizon - 85

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

RR360DD

If you werent such a mindless fanboy that does nothing but constantly knock sony in every single thread (even ones that arent about sony) I might actually have read what you said and tried to have a serious discussion with you. But youre a fanboy which automatically makes anything you ever say on these terribly biased, and your facts are often wrong because you say them only wanting to say something against sony and youre so closed minded you refuse to actually consider what someone has to say that also isnt a xbox fanboy.

You only post purely to agitate others and cause a flame war. I cant imagine to begin to understand why anyone would try reading what you say. But thats the thing, people will always feed the trolls I guess.

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

Gargus

If you werent such a mindless fanboy that does nothing but constantly knock sony in every single thread (even ones that arent about sony) I might actually have read what you said and tried to have a serious discussion with you. But youre a fanboy which automatically makes anything you ever say on these terribly biased, and your facts are often wrong because you say them only wanting to say something against sony and youre so closed minded you refuse to actually consider what someone has to say that also isnt a xbox fanboy.

You only post purely to agitate others and cause a flame war. I cant imagine to begin to understand why anyone would try reading what you say. But thats the thing, people will always feed the trolls I guess.

I think it's because he knows his precious American product is going to lose next-gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#47 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

It's better than Microsoft's...

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Meanwhile, at the MS camp...
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SCE San Diego - MLBLOL

CallOfDutyRulez

I think it's because he knows his precious American product is going to lose next-gen.

Do you have multiple personality disorder, or you just forgot to change account?

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29431439/why-microsoft-will-win-the-next-console-battle

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

lol RR360DD thread

parkurtommo