So new rumors have stated that the next Xbox has full BC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ye, just how sony got 'destroyed' this gen by basically not having BC passed the first year.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="campzor"]ye, just how sony got 'destroyed' this gen by basically not having BC passed the first year.Karpetburnz

Ya sure, first to last and lost a ton of market share.

But still ahead of the Xbox360, Even with a year headstart and much cheaper console, Microsoft couldnt hold a lead :lol:

Let me guess your source for this breaking news is not official numbers but the former Sony ceo saying he thinks it happened? :lol:

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Feel like that's happening too. Sony has no chance. A 99 dollar Xbox 360. Jeez the sales are gonna skyrocket. Cows are gonna stop talking about PS3 sales after this is announced. Watch how all the cows who love sales are gonna disappear when this announcement happens. Believe it.jimmypsn

Eh? I said extra device, it means that shit will need a 720 to function, no $99 xbox360, boy.

I don't think you've read the new rumors yet.

Don't get me wrong, it would be damn great if your rumor's the right one, I just give them all a bit of doubt and add some speculation from my part.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CanYouDiglt
ye, just how sony got 'destroyed' this gen by basically not having BC passed the first year.campzor
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Why would they need BC if the 360 has no games?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]ye, just how sony got 'destroyed' this gen by basically not having BC passed the first year.CanYouDiglt

destroyed is the dreamcast, not a 70+ million selling console.
nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

No DRM = Day Fuking One XBOX

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]ye, just how sony got 'destroyed' this gen by basically not having BC passed the first year.CanYouDiglt

But still ahead of the Xbox360, Even with a year headstart and much cheaper console, Microsoft couldnt hold a lead :lol:

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Karpetburnz

Why would they need BC if the 360 has no games?

Cheleman

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

Karpetburnz

Let me guess your source for this breaking news is not official numbers but the former Sony ceo saying he thinks it happened? :lol:

He still said 77 million, even if it was a rough estimate, PS3 has still sold over 1 million more units than Xbox360 so far this year, so we can at least assume that PS3 and Xbox are tied. and you cant deny the inevitable, even if PS3 is still behind, it will overtake the Xbox360 in just a matter of months.

No you can assume all you want but I am not going to assume anything. The official numbers has the 360 ahead. I do not go by what someone thinks happened and even worse it is from a clearly biased source like the former Sony ceo. As far as the PS3 is going to pass the 360 in a few months well I have been hearing that in 2006.2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012, and still hearing it in 2013.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I guess thats good news for those who BC is important...

Personally I never given much importance to BC, so for me it wont be a deciding factor for getting xbox720.. I want to see what new games MS will announce, how much their online service will cost and also what additional features/services they will offer..

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

This rumor doesn't even make sense when the Xbox Mini rumor is figured in. At least one of them has to be wrong.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Oh man this would be so sweet if true. Could just trade my 360 in for this. Hope it is true :)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.Miketheman83
What if it doesn't? Wouldn't surprise anyone,it's M$ afterall.

I don't see why they wouldn't. I assume our gamertags will carry over along with our achievement points and downloaded content. We already know that's not happening with the PS4 as Sony already said so.

Why they wouldn't?To get more out of yours pockets,as they do with live :lol:

When did Sony stated that?

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Just like the PS2 sold like hotcakes after PS3 launch :roll:MonsieurX

well if its 99 dollars, its gonna sell, especially with exclusive tv series, how well does apple TV sell? I hope its 1080P, so yeah you do look stupid.

As I'm stating again,PS2 was selling also at 99$. And an exclusive tv series... lol :lol:

the 360 is currently at 299 and selling well, and xbox mini could be 99, probably 149, but will be supported, sorry if you dont see that. Bad comparison, yeah you do look stupid.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

no wager, figured as much, now shut up.

Mr720fan

Make me.

no thanks, bottomline you are rendered useless, good job for not going up against the best Systemwars has to offer, I own guys like you for breakfast. Take care

The only thing you have for breakfast is your own fumes since your head has taken permanent residence up your ass. You're not even the best troll SW has to offer, let alone anything else. You're just the usual vermin that I step on for fun here. Bottom line, you declined the offer to make me shut up because you know you'd just humiliate yourself (like always) in the attempt.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MonsieurX
jimmypsn thread :lol:
Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Karpetburnz

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ya sure, first to last and lost a ton of market share.CanYouDiglt

He still said 77 million, even if it was a rough estimate, PS3 has still sold over 1 million more units than Xbox360 so far this year, so we can at least assume that PS3 and Xbox are tied. and you cant deny the inevitable, even if PS3 is still behind, it will overtake the Xbox360 in just a matter of months.

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1299223/xbox-720-may-get-xbox-360-chip-for-backwards-compatibility

Sony is gonna be destroyed next gen if this is true.. Full backwards compatibility. Heck yeah! Sign me up. What is PS4 gonna have? Cows are gonna have to pay money to use an always online streaming service? bwhahahahahahahah. Add insult to injury they are gonna have to pay for their games again. This is too good to be true. LOL I hope that's exactly how PS4 backwards compatibility will work. TCHBFR

jimmypsn

To buy the next console to play 360 games shows just how dumb you are. You currently own one, so just keep it genius.

If BC is the best thing MS has to offer, then that speaks volumes!

But WAIT! Aren't we supposed to ignore rumors???

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

Wait, wait, wait, a rumor that's a plus for Next X and this thread still lives ? :shock:

SW, I am disappoint. :twisted:

BC is a bonus and I'd take it but honestly, I've got two 360's as it stands so I'll be good either way. :P

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#121 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

more rumours

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Benny_Blakk

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Guess you haven't been keeping up with the new rumors. http://www.inquisitr.com/624684/xbox-720-rumors-say-360-soc-provides-backwards-compatibility/ You're welcome.jimmypsn

The mystery person !:lol:

Also

"This mystery person also claims wireless controllers for the Xbox 720 will once again require AA batteries, but that battery life has been improved by 16 percent.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/624684/xbox-720-rumors-say-360-soc-provides-backwards-compatibility/#o6pgMs28KE2i4GUm.99"

M$ never learns. :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha. You been pwned.

You, sir, are a bonafied stump.

Here is an exerpt from the article YOU posted:

" Of course, this approach has a performance and game support penalty, while a 360 SoC would significantly increase the price of the Xbox 720"

I guess in your world, price doesn't figure into the equation of "dominating" the next gen.

Way to go, Jimmy boy. You did it again.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

I don't care much for BC as far as retail games go, except for maybe GTAV. Though i'm hoping MSFT have bankrolled a Durango version of that :cool:

It would be very nice for all my XBLA content though. Seamless account transfer from 360 to the Durango? Yes please Don :cool:

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Mr720fan

http://www.inquisitr.com/624712/heroes-revival-tv-xbox-720-mini/

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MonsieurX
I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.Miketheman83
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.MonsieurX

I don't see why they wouldn't. I assume our gamertags will carry over along with our achievement points and downloaded content. We already know that's not happening with the PS4 as Sony already said so.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Mr720fan

these rumors make the most sense, it follows the alleged leaked document, it also makes sense that they are gonna try and compete with apple tv with the xbox mini. Honestly, the mini is gonna sell like a hotcakes, but these rumors look right.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Its what we have. I can see cows crying and praying to their god Kaz for this not to be true.jimmypsn

i can see people not caring

Look at all the forums. Cows are suddenly crying.. Wait !! WAIT EVERYONE. WAIT FOR MS TO CONFIRM FIRST BEFORE COMING TO ANY HASTY CONCLUSIONS. LOL gotta love it.

so true, thank you microsoft

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MonsieurX

these rumors make the most sense, it follows the alleged leaked document, it also makes sense that they are gonna try and compete with apple tv with the xbox mini. Honestly, the mini is gonna sell like a hotcakes, but these rumors look right.

Mr720fan
Just like the PS2 sold like hotcakes after PS3 launch :roll:
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] What if it doesn't? Wouldn't surprise anyone,it's M$ afterall.MonsieurX

www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-not-backwards-compatible-with-retail-or-digital-games Microsoft won't expect people to buy the same games twice and they know suggesting such a thing will lose them potential customers. Unlike Sony, Microsoft is not stupid.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 nervmeister

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

i can see people not caring

Mr720fan

Look at all the forums. Cows are suddenly crying.. Wait !! WAIT EVERYONE. WAIT FOR MS TO CONFIRM FIRST BEFORE COMING TO ANY HASTY CONCLUSIONS. LOL gotta love it.

You're actually grateful to MS that you blindly believe every hopeful rumor you hear about Xbox?
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

MonsieurX

well if its 99 dollars, its gonna sell, especially with exclusive tv series, how well does apple TV sell? I hope its 1080P, so yeah you do look stupid.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

As I'm stating again,PS2 was selling also at 99$. And an exclusive tv series... lol :lol:
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Look at all the forums. Cows are suddenly crying.. Wait !! WAIT EVERYONE. WAIT FOR MS TO CONFIRM FIRST BEFORE COMING TO ANY HASTY CONCLUSIONS. LOL gotta love it.nervmeister

You're actually grateful to MS that you blindly believe every hopeful rumor you hear about Xbox?

wanna make a bet? YOu wanna get owned? I bet these rumors are right, whereas always on to play games you probably were on board. You wanna test me? you are no match? let me know if you wanna wager, ill have you never post here again if you do, but we know you will come back with some stupid scared response. or nothing at all. OH YEAH

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.MonsieurX

It would be a surprise if they didn't. After all, Microsoft actually planned ahead with the XBL platform compared to Sony who patched together some mish-mash of services trying to catch up. The PS4 not being able to carry them over is understandale as Sony needed to start over again with their network (the PS3 network was a mess) not to mention the PS3s stupid architecture (no BC). The 360 and Live ecosystem is totally different and could easily accomodate it (if rumours are true that the new Xbox has BC)

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I just want all my downloadable games to carry over with my account. I spent hundreds if dollars on XBLA games and I still have some I haven't played yet.RR360DD

It would be a surprise if they didn't. After all, Microsoft actually planned ahead with the XBL platform compared to Sony who patched together some mish-mash of services trying to catch up. The PS4 not being able to carry them over is understandale as Sony needed to start over again with their network (the PS3 network was a mess) not to mention the PS3s stupid architecture (no BC). The 360 and Live ecosystem is totally different and could easily accomodate it (if rumours are true that the new Xbox has BC)

lol love you owning this psuedo cow. He is my biggest fan!!!! HE probably had his account info stolen on PSN!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

the 360 is currently at 299 and selling well, and xbox mini could be 99, probably 149, but will be supported, sorry if you dont see that. Bad comparison, yeah you do look stupid.

I don't see how this is a bad comparison. PS2 before PS3 : 200$ PS2 after PS3: 100$ Wasn't relevant anymore at that price point after PS3 launch
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 nervmeister

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

wanna make a bet? YOu wanna get owned? I bet these rumors are right, whereas always on to play games you probably were on board. You wanna test me? you are no match? let me know if you wanna wager, ill have you never post here again if you do, but we know you will come back with some stupid scared response. or nothing at all. OH YEAH

Awwwwww, look. The insecure little lem is trying to act all tough. How adorable.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] What if it doesn't? Wouldn't surprise anyone,it's M$ afterall.Mr720fan

lol love you owning this psuedo cow. He is my biggest fan!!!! HE probably had his account info stolen on PSN!

Pseudo cow? Info stolen on PSN?
Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Benny_Blakk

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I don't see why they wouldn't. I assume our gamertags will carry over along with our achievement points and downloaded content. We already know that's not happening with the PS4 as Sony already said so.Miketheman83

www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-not-backwards-compatible-with-retail-or-digital-games Microsoft won't expect people to buy the same games twice and they know suggesting such a thing will lose them potential customers. Unlike Sony, Microsoft is not stupid.

Wait a minute..........

Did you just say Microsoft is NOT stupid????

Someone has forgotten about RROD (their blatant disregard for a poor product was evident very early) and the belief that HD DVD was the way to go?

How about not even providing HDMI till years later? AND the nice little nifty AA battery powered controllers.

Yeah....

You're right. Far from "stupid" indeed.

TruthBToldShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TruthBToldShow
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

Let's be real.

TC is right to bash Sony and the possibility that ps3 owners won't get BC at all or will have to pay to unlock games they already own.  Let's not be xbots and make excuses for it.

There is NO reason the neXtBOX wouldn't have BC other than milkage because we all know how common 360s architecture is.

Remember xbots, rumors of Xbox mini are out there and that's just as bad as Sony's possible bc

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"] You're actually grateful to MS that you blindly believe every hopeful rumor you hear about Xbox? nervmeister

Awwwwww, look. The insecure little lem is trying to act all tough. How adorable.

no wager, figured as much, now shut up.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] As I'm stating again,PS2 was selling also at 99$. And an exclusive tv series... lol :lol:MonsieurX

I don't see how this is a bad comparison. PS2 before PS3 : 200$ PS2 after PS3: 100$ Wasn't relevant anymore at that price point after PS3 launch

ps2 video game system only, no online, all focus from sony switched to pS3,

xbox 360 video game system, multimedia system, robust online, will get continued support by Microsoft. Looking to compete with apple TV

love owning these guys!!!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
One extreme to the other. Geez. First its the worst console and then it's the dream console.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MonsieurX

Mr720fan

xbox 360 video game system, multimedia system, robust online, will get continued support by Microsoft. Looking to compete with apple TV

It had online,try again :lol: Continue to have support by M$,implies it is currently having support :lol: Bad fakeboy is bad
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Mr720fan

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] I don't see how this is a bad comparison. PS2 before PS3 : 200$ PS2 after PS3: 100$ Wasn't relevant anymore at that price point after PS3 launchMonsieurX

It had online,try again :lol: Continue to have support by M$,implies it is currently having support :lol: Bad fakeboy is bad

TRY HARDER AFTER YOU GET OWNED... I will revisit this first month xbox mini is released... #DEALWITHIT

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Miketheman83
Cows have pretty much been setting themselves up for ownage. They have been saying for months the 720 was going to require online, have no backwards compatibility, not be powerful, no games etc. Cows make themselves look stupid, we really don't have to do anything.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Cows have pretty much been setting themselves up for ownage. They have been saying for months the 720 was going to require online, have no backwards compatibility, not be powerful, no games etc. Cows make themselves look stupid, we really don't have to do anything.Miketheman83
Not me, Ive said at least 5 times MS will not have always online, even mentioned it on the podcast, Now cant we be friends magic mike?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#150 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

BC didn't matter this past gen, why would it matter now? Are you really going to buy a console just because you can play games on it you could play on a console you already own? No logic there. 

People generally buy consoles for the new content on them, not for the ability to play their old games. Sure it's nice, but if this past gen as any indication BC is not a major factor in the buying decisions of the majority of people. I know I couldn't care less about BC.