So new rumors have stated that the next Xbox has full BC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#351 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Full backwards compatibility would be a big selling point for the next Xbox. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony makes an effort to get PSN games like Journey working on PS4.MarthRingman

Max GPU performance within a game console's TDP is also a selling point.

Sony could fix the BC issue with HD remakes for existing PS3 titles i.e. recycle your PS3 blu-ray disc for game assets and download the small executable file(s)..

Executable files are ussually tiny (e.g. ~20 MBs) in comparison to artwork assets (e.g. serveral GBs).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 ronvalencia

Ergh i have a PC here with a Blu Ray drive that reads DVD lol Ok i am off to Bed! Jesus! tho on a serious note! Why does Sony not Implement this? Is this due to constraints of Hardware or making a compatible emulator! Surly the work of creating software that can run on old PC based Tech would not be to hard and the rewards would be great? Sony offer a steaming service for all previous games on the PS4? If so then how has Microsoft got the edge here if they already offer the service via streaming!

jwsoul

Fast software translators are hard to do.

IBM bought the company behind Apple's Rosetta (fast PPC-to-X86 software translator) and it's unlikely IBM will shoot itself by killing the need for PowerPC/SPUs i.e. IBM killed PPC-to-X86 translator while keeping X86(32bit)-to-PPC translator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTransit

darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

I just cant see what the big fuss over BC is really. I bought the original 60gb PS3 at launch thinking I would utilize it, but in all honesty, I never played a ps2 game on it. Granted, I popped in a game to make sure it worked, but thats it. My plans for PS4 bc is to keep my ps3.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 ronvalencia

This isn't going to make me want to go out and buy the new Xbox considering I play on PS3, but to me, it shows adding backwards compatibility is possible. I hear Sony can manufacture the Cell processor freely but it would be harder to get "supporting parts". I wonder what they mean. lol This is a blow to Sony. Maybe Sony can find som way to make it work.

Jak-25
Perhaps XDR memory at lower unit volume.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

What good is BC when the 360 has no games?

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#356 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

I just cant see what the big fuss over BC is really. I bought the original 60gb PS3 at launch thinking I would utilize it, but in all honesty, I never played a ps2 game on it. Granted, I popped in a game to make sure it worked, but thats it. My plans for PS4 bc is to keep my ps3.

darksidecelica
It really is a very vocal minority. Fact is, price is FAR bigger of an issue for people than BC is. Sure BC is nice, but the sales bang for your buck just isn't there. Both the consumer and company are better off just taking the lower cost unit, and if you want to play the previous gen games that badly, get the previous gen console.
Dreamcast86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Dreamcast86
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

Fulll B/C = sold to me. This way I can sell my old 360 system and use that money towards new games. Great call MS if true.

COVAtheNOVA
People like you are funny. So if the NEXT GEN can`t run LAST GEN, you won`t buy it? You even have a old 360, and still it`s a problem for you? A old Xbox 360 is probably worth around 1-2 new games today. Glue or duck tape your old console to the next Xbox if it`s such a damn big issue. The ONLY difference is that you have to switch between two HDMI ports. God...
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#358 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1299223/xbox-720-may-get-xbox-360-chip-for-backwards-compatibility

Sony is gonna be destroyed next gen if this is true..  Full backwards compatibility.  Heck yeah!  Sign me up. What is PS4 gonna have?  Cows are gonna have to pay money to use an always online streaming service?  bwhahahahahahahah.  Add insult to injury they are gonna have to pay for their games again.  This is too good to be true. LOL  I hope that's exactly how PS4 backwards compatibility will work. TCHBFR

jimmypsn
No. The main selling point of a new console is not being able to play old games. It's a nice option, and I did like it in the original, fat PS3. But I honestly only used it in the first 3 months to still finish some PS2 titles I had started before. When I buy a nextgen console, I wanna play nextgen games.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#359 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Do the 360 and original even have games you would want to play again? They had like only a handful of games worth mentioning, let alone memorable.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#361 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

tenaka2
Lame comeback. I expect more from you. I don't know why you do this. You obviously know tech and games and yet you always lower yourself to these standards. It's a shame.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

timbers_WSU
Lame comeback. I expect more from you. I don't know why you do this. You obviously know tech and games and yet you always lower yourself to these standards. It's a shame.

Maybe because it's true. After the last two or three years, what have you not replayed over and over again to your hearts content between Halogearsforza releases? Truth hurts.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Shewgenja

Maybe because it's true. After the last two or three years, what have you not replayed over and over again to your hearts content between Halogearsforza releases? Truth hurts.

I don't know you ignorant douche. Look at my sig and tell me what I have played lately. Perhaps if you actually played a 360 you would realize there is a lot more that Halo, Gears, and Forza, But those 3 titles actually cause a lot of grief from Cows since it is the only thing you all ever seem to cry about.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Shewgenja

Wha? I thought I'd been playing Bioshock Infinite on my 360 the last few weeks.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

timbers_WSU

I only say it to get a rise :)

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#366 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

How can there be so many pages on this?

First off, it's a rumor. Frick, cows, do you have to spin everything? You'd ****ing have a cow(no pun intended) if someone just said the next xbox was shaped like a reptangle and had a power button.

Backward compatibility isn't some new concept, it's not a big deal. Cool if it has it, the 360 has a ton of great games, and if not, oh well. The end. I really don't see what's left to discuss here, especially since it's a baseless rumor.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This is way too much fun.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 timbers_WSU

tenaka2

You can get a female for that ya know?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Lame comeback. I expect more from you. I don't know why you do this. You obviously know tech and games and yet you always lower yourself to these standards. It's a shame.timbers_WSU

So could you!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

tenaka2

So could you!

Hiyooooo!
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 timbers_WSU

tenaka2

So could you!

It has been a few days but that's OK. I watch MLS on the weekends. Do people not know Forza Horizon is completely different than Forza 4? Saying they milk Forza makes no sense. I still think having Forza in the title hurt that game.