Since MS is embracing PC and multiplat, will this hurt its console business?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:

Fact that there's a handful of 4k60 games doesn't make it a 4k60 machine?

Can't even get the official list of 4k games, way to go.

Can you play RDR 2 at 4k 60 fps on your X1X?

Up your game ffs read this carefully..so you dont keep making yourself look dumb

I said the x is a 4k60/30 machine..if it does 4k 60 and it does 4k 30 its a 4k 60/30 machine

Who mentioned how many???..oh you HaH

So, it cannot play the best and most recent games at 4k60? Are we supposed to be impressed by 5 years old games running at that?

Jesus christ your pathetic..fifa 19,battlefield V,2 games just off the top of my head HaH,doom another,battlefront forza 7,Bo4?

Give it up!

lol

Doom is dynamic as well

https://gearnuke.com/black-ops-4-resolution-limit-4k-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro/

Xbox One X uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1560×1500 and the highest native resolution found being 3840×2160. A native resolution of 3840×2160 is very rare on the Xbox One X.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

Jesus christ your pathetic..fifa 19,battlefield V,2 games just off the top of my head HaH,doom another,battlefront forza 7,Bo4?

Give it up!

lol and it's not even HDR

Xbox One X uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1560×1500 and the highest native resolution found being 3840×2160. A native resolution of 3840×2160 is very rare on the Xbox One X.

Haha, this should realy be the end of this. I think BFV also has dynamic scaling for the resolution on X. Oh, make that BF2 as well lol. Just did a quick DF read.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Yea but about that bias i put you right on..that must have been painful HaH

Sometimes better to say nothing and look stupid,than posting shit and removing all doubt..HaH

You being unable to understand that owning multiple consoles does not preclude a bias was the point of contention. I didn't question whether you have a bias or not. The fact that you couldn't understand that distinction is why I stopped talking to you. So... Jog on.

As for that next point, if I hadn't posted anything in this thread in response to you, how could I look stupid? Holy shit, bud. Are you okay upstairs?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@tom-pepper said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

Give it up!

lol and it's not even HDR

Haha, this should realy be the end of this. I think BFV also has dynamic scaling for the resolution on X. Oh, make that BF2 as well lol.

It ends nothing,the x is a 4k60/30 machine..or are you gonna try n tell me different...the more the merrier HaH

Nice come back. So, we agree the x is a 4k dynamic rare 60 / 30 dips below?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

It ends nothing,the x is a 4k60/30 machine..or are you gonna try n tell me different...the more the merrier HaH

I just said that two of the games you stipulated have dynamic resolutions... Meaning, they aren't 4k. It's why the Pro has been heavily criticized on this board. Jesus.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

The console is a 4k 60/30 machine..

Keep grasping HaH

You keep saying 4K, when 4K is fairly seldom reached. It's a more capable console than the Pro, but it's not strictly 4K like you state.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

No you jumped on a thread you havent read,..go to my first and and 2nd .posts and then head back to tell me i'm right

I've read your posts. The first didn't mention anything about the actual X. Your second post was where you actually brought up 4K. However, those are clearly not the posts i'm responding to... You are saying the X is 4K60/30 to @MonsieurX, which we've both shown as incorrect.

Are you struggling?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Its a 4k 60/30 console

RDR2 4k,native ,Fh4 4k native,far cry 5,native,new far cry 4k giant open detailed worlds...the proof what the machine CAN do...if devs use its power metro another

By that logic, the Pro is also a 4K console, because it's capable of delivering middling results at 4K (yet the majority of games don't attain native 4K.) It's just a stupid argument to make... There's no consistency. It's a more capable machine, sure. Anyway, i'm debating with a person who tried to label some games as 4K, when they clearly weren't. You're switching stances.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

You just had your arse handed to you..and the grasping starts..i got the info of windows central..they all hit 4k native according to them..look i'm gonna give you a chance to back out,Its a 4k 60/30Machine

I'm fucking dead mate. You're clearly trolling, but it's fun to continue this debacle of a conversation. I genuinely can't grasp your thought patterns.

The X does not consistently do 4K and you were mistaken when naming a few games as being 4K. It's really just that simple.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Ahh the trolling comeback..classic

My thought patterns??read your last 2 post..you come across as being a bit slow

The 2nd list all 4k...read my 1st and 2nd post..no trolling here,just facts.lif you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen...its a 4k 60/30 machine

I'm a bit slow? I'm not the individual who can't understand what a native resolution is... Ya dun goofed, lad. Also, your grammar is just horrendous.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Read your posts saying the x doesn't do 4k in most games..i give you 5 new games all doing native 4k..you then get butthurt becuse you got owned,and use the pro 1440/1880p as being the same??

Your coming across as thick as pig shit..and dont use grammar as a comeback its pathetic and the last throw of a defeated mans dice!

All this butthurt over the xb1x....just accept its a great bit of 4k60/30 hdr dolby kit for £350...like my first 2 posts say FFS

Your inability to grasp the English language is mind-boggling. Here's lesson one... There are hundreds of games on the X, and thus 5 games doing 4K would not denote "most." So, your first point was shit.

My point about the Pro, was that using your flawed logic, you could argue that the PS4 is also a 4K console, which would be silly, as it struggles to hit 4K.

You called me slow, when you have the grammar of a child. I'm not stuck in my pre-pubescent stage intellectually.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Jesus christ,i gave you 5 examples not the entire list..are yo so dumb you cant comprehend that if its doing these games in 4k that maybe the devs are using its power properly??? even a 2yr old would realise that.

You have no point about the pro...the 5 native 4k ones i gave you after proves its a 4k 60/30 machine

That's not using power properly, it's working within the constraints of the system. It's like the PS3 magic all over again lol... "They're just not using the Cell properly." I tell you what, as this is the point that you are trying to prove, could you compile a list of native 4K games that the X actually does? Then we can compare that count to the systems total games figure.

Keep trolling, bruv.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#225 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I think the people that actually care about exclusivity are a small percentage, and people's minds are made up at this point. You either play a PS4, an Xbox, a PC, or something Nintendo has...or a combination. I think more pragmatic reasons for switching platforms play a larger role; maybe they're curious about another platform, maybe they impulse bought something, maybe they want to play with real-life friends.

I think most people are smart enough to avoid the whole exclusivity lure at this point, they realize paying hundreds for a device just to play one or two games a year is flat out dumb.

That's literally what nintendo is built off of though. Like, you buy a nintendo console to play nintendo games. Real world data demonstrates this as well. Same could be said for PS4 although to a lesser degree bc PS4 also has better 3rd party support.

I think that data can be misconstrued as "caring about exclusives" when in reality it's just "brand loyalty", though. You could argue that people only buy Nintendo consoles for Zelda and Mario, but at the same time I feel Nintendo could go through two generations without releasing a game in either of those franchises (as misguided as that may be) and the same people would still buy it.

I am sure some people bought a PS4 when God of War came out, but I think most of the people that played God of War probably had a PS4 long before it came out.

The question is, though: do people remain loyal to a brand because of assumptions of exclusivity? If that is the case, then yeah, I guess you're right it really is all about the exclusives.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

You compile a list son

The xbox one x is a 4k 60/30 machine

Keep grasping tho HaH

You're making the point, thus Burden of Proof lies with you. So, make your point and create a list. By the way, punctuation has existed a long time... It wasn't invented yesterday.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

I made my point in my first two posts..to which a few butthurt fanboys including you wont accept,but hey that wont change the fact the xbox one x is a 4k60/30 hdr/dolby machine.

Now get that list sorted,you know the one,with no native 4k games,no native 4k60 games on HaH

"Like a puppet on a string"

Actually, you've made points since then, and you've failed to back them up. Again, you say the system is 4K60/30 (which is funny enough,) so do please enlighten us with a list of native 4K games. Burden of Proof is on you... Google can help with what Burden of Proof is, so toddle off.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@tom-pepper said:

Your gonna have to try harder son...now get me the list..not a shopping list,shindlers list,just the list proving the x is not a 4k60/30 machine

Now hurry up,the sooner you get that list,the sooner i let you out of my pocket..and all this embarrassment your bringing on yourself will end.

Burden of Proof. Look it up. Also, it's "You're" and not "Your," and I can't be bothered beyond that, because your whole post is a mess. Except for that it's spelt Schindler, as we should give every ounce of credit where it's due.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

Microsoft is thinking in terms of ecosystem, not of individual platform, and that will satisfy both Pc and console audience. That's a win-win approach if you ask me.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I er another r thing is I don't think MS ever really didn't support PCs during the time they've been console developers... like it's jjst just changed form is all... so I don't really see

how any other modifications would change the overall scheme..

People just flat otu don't care about Microsofts in the same way Nitnendo and definitely not Nintendo er rather definitely not Nintendo and not even Sony....

Microsft can do whatever they want and it's basically fine and gets very ltitle scrui tiny so people basically forget what they even did.....

Microsoft is essentially probably honestly benefitting from a tiny bit of nationalism etc in that respect since they are a the biggest American competitor w in the

actual home machine console market where no other American company has gone.... whereas it's a much bigger deal with Nintendo and even Sony as I'm saying.