Since MS is embracing PC and multiplat, will this hurt its console business?

#52 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Why would anyone want to build a 30fps gimped PC?

#54 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: What? A small fraction of games on the system are 60fps, a small fraction are true 4k. HDR and Dolby depend completely on whether you own the proper peripherals or not. You're making it to easy to clown you. Also lol at "best controller".

#56 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: But what? Your list of nonsense is invalid and your argument is weak. Nobody is going out to build a gimped 30fps PC. Now take several seats and enjoy mediocrity.

#58 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: You're just flailing around random nonsense at this point. Nobody is going out trying to build a gimped PC. Deal with it, kid.

#59 Posted by dagubot (1382 posts) -

I think it's a smart decision by Microsoft. They're moving towards being a service; expanding.

#61 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Are you 12?

#62 Posted by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

Again, no.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#64 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

@fedor: you recon no pc gamer would build a 4K 60/30 with hdr/Dolby sound and vision with a uhd player? ...they’ve would if the new it was for £350and they were one of the millions and millions who game on ps’s nowhere near the x’s spec,just accept the x ain’t crappy

Oh I forgot,it’s not teal 4K.its not real hdr and it’s not real Dolby vision HaH

Fuuuck a UHD player. The X isn't even remotely an alternative to PC. A non-upgradable, walled garden brick that can only achieve 4K by turning all the settings down and the frame rate going sub 30. With no sliders to adjust performance. MS shouldn't be pushing for 4K anyway at the cost of game performance, but Phil Spencer was so asshurt by the resolution wars that it's made him myopic as shit.

#65 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Why can't you formulate a readable sentence? Who's alt are you?

#66 Posted by DrLostRib (5066 posts) -

they just care about getting people on their services (XBL, Game Pass, xCloud)

#67 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -

@tom-pepper: I wouldn't build a system for 350. I'd build for one at least 1000. I want quality. Not crap.

In fact, I built one for around 3 grand.

#71 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

The xbox brand will be a service more than anything else some years from now don't be surprise to see Halo running on PS hardware.

#72 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Stop lying, everyone knows your parents sent you to bed.

#73 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@DragonfireXZ95: bless even has a pic,still doesn’t mean the x’s spec is crappy

But I understand your butthurt,Now consoles do 4k60,hold tight next gen consoles get even better!

Imagine all them dollars on a top pc,but not being able to play GOW and RDR2...bit like having a Lamborghini with no petrol in it.

Barely

#74 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: all remains to be seen. But the truth is majority of consumers that look at buying a console don’t want to build/buy a pc capable of playing games. It costs more upfront and the average consumer is very much about “what do I have to spend today to go home and play games”.

Im finding less and less time to play games and less and less playing on my PS4. I don’t pay for plus, don’t play MP on it and don’t go ape shit over every exclusive. GoW, Bloodborne, U4, Spider-Man and Alienation were what I’ll remember from this gen from them.

With PSNow tech improving as all streaming will I may just wait for what I want to play from Sony to come to Now and stream them to my laptop and forego a PS5 all together next gen.

#77 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: it either does or it does'nt

It does,and with ultimate textures and assets on forza 7

But,but its a racing game HaH...

Well, it doesn't on all games

#78 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Please point to where I said it was a crappy console. Nobody is going out to build a gimped PC. You're to easy, alt.

#80 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9768 posts) -

I think it's a strategy that will cost Microsoft a lot of Xbox sales but will also greatly increase their software sales. I think it is a solid strategy for them. Video game software and services seem like a much safer investment for a company to make than video game consoles.

#82 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Why can't you formulate a coherent sentence? I never said anything you keep accusing me of. You clearly have issues with logical fallacy. Pairing a $200+ GPU with a $40 processor is a fools errand, if you knew even the basics of pc building you'd agree with me. Nobody is going out to build a gimped pc. Now comeback at me with some more nonsense.

#83 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: it does enough to call it a 4k60/30 machine

Can't use the 4k60 part when a huge minority actually hit that on native resolution

#84 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

Can't use the 4k60 part when a huge minority actually hit that on native resolution

Too late it has already been done.

#86 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

Too late it has already been done.

Calling the 4K police.

#88 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Oh, the youtubers did it... Your reasoning is flawed and you know little of pc building. Keep it coming, this is entertaining.

#89 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

I can use it,like digital foudry use 1 dropped frame as a negative in their console videos hah

The x is a 4k60/30 Hdr/dolby vision gaming machine..there can be no argument!

https://www.windowscentral.com/all-xbox-one-x-enhanced-games

39 HDR games

119 labeled as "4k"

How many in there are actually 60fps?

How many are native 4k?

#90 Posted by pmanden (741 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: Nice setup. I love those colors.

#91 Edited by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/all-xbox-one-x-enhanced-games

39 HDR games

119 labeled as "4k"

How many in there are actually 60fps?

How many are native 4k?

All of them are 60FPS, just play with two Xbox One X on two different screens. You will get double 30FPS making you have 60fps in total. :P

#92 Posted by sleepnsurf (3224 posts) -
@fedor said:

@tom-pepper: Why would anyone want to build a 30fps gimped PC?

You're a moron dude, I bet your PC won't be able to play RDR2 in 4K 30fps. You probably wont even get 1440p @60 and I am sure you spent over a grand on it with the way you back PC gaming up.

#93 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@sleepnsurf: My PC has a 1080ti... I could run rdr2 at 4k/60 using console setting most likely. Irrelevant comment anyway, thanks for exposing your utter stupidity.

#95 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Your "spec"... Good lord this is entertaining.

#96 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@fedor: You can't run something that is not available on the platform.

#97 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@Pedro: This is true.

#99 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Nobody is trying to build a gimped PC. Your comma use is something to behold.