Since MS is embracing PC and multiplat, will this hurt its console business?

#102 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@fedor: look you big yourself up as some pc building expert,your not,because anyone intrested in building pc's would be intrested in how microsoft have manged to achieve what they have regarding the xb1x,and anyone who is really a tech head pc fanatic would give MS credit for the great work they have done.

I had you sussed from your first post,as a butthurt fanboy,who does'nt know his arsehole from his elbow when it comes to building and understanding pc's

the work gone into customising the hardware in the X.and the designing it to be small and silent is outstanding.

Dont get butthurt,i'm trying to educate you,so you dont embarrass yourself again.

I'm literally talking about building basics... Just admit you don't have any clue what you're talking about and have no clue what I'm even saying.

#104 Edited by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Your = possesive. As in "Your inability to use punctuation properly is disturbing".

You're = You are. As in "You're an idiot."

Figure it out, kid.

#106 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: It's just further proof your opinion is flawed and you're not to be listened to. Get mad at your parents and teachers, not me.

#108 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Wow, I really have you flustered. Ive already beat Rdr2, I have consoles too. PC has pretty much all the xbox games. The only embarrassing thing here is your education.

#110 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Nobody is building a gimped PC.

#112 Edited by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Arthur Morgan dies.

#114 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@fedor: who's arthur morgan?

#116 Edited by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

Too easy HaH

#118 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Try hitting the reply button.

#120 Posted by MonsieurX (39194 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Thank you for proving my point by avoiding the questions

#121 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -

@tom-pepper: No one is begging for an RX580/1060 card. Sorry. Your "spec" is out of date.

#122 Edited by Pedro (35649 posts) -
Fedor and Tom-pepper are still going at it? Let just fade into the bushes then.
Fedor and Tom-pepper are still going at it? Let just fade into the bushes then.

#123 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44414 posts) -

I think the people that actually care about exclusivity are a small percentage, and people's minds are made up at this point. You either play a PS4, an Xbox, a PC, or something Nintendo has...or a combination. I think more pragmatic reasons for switching platforms play a larger role; maybe they're curious about another platform, maybe they impulse bought something, maybe they want to play with real-life friends.

I think most people are smart enough to avoid the whole exclusivity lure at this point, they realize paying hundreds for a device just to play one or two games a year is flat out dumb.

#124 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44414 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

The more MS focusses on games, the better.

Reason why Xbone sold less than Xbox 360 is because MS was focussing on way too much shit gamers don't give a **** about:

Kinect, movies, TV, ... all that crap. People don't buy a gaming console, only for the console to focus on other things than games.

Yep, they screwed themselves over when they announced that it was going to be a media machine and not a gaming machine.

Of course, console only players that don't want anything to do with computers will stick with the console, but I rather enjoy being able to play MS exclusives(even if they are mediocre) on my PC without having to purchase their crappy hardware.

I actually enjoyed State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 on PC, tbh. There is something to be said about un-hyping a game only to find out it's not nearly as bad as people say it is...not bad at all, actually.

#125 Posted by Pedro (35649 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

I actually enjoyed State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 on PC, tbh. There is something to be said about un-hyping a game only to find out it's not nearly as bad as people say it is...not bad at all, actually.

Ugh! Developing your own opinions on games. How disgusting.

#126 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44414 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I know, how dare I

#127 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@Pedro: Ended hours ago, bud.

#128 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Reason why Xbone sold less than Xbox 360 is because MS was focussing on way too much shit gamers don't give a **** about:

Kinect, movies, TV, ... all that crap. People don't buy a gaming console, only for the console to focus on other things than games.

Yep, they screwed themselves over when they announced that it was going to be a media machine and not a gaming machine.

Of course, console only players that don't want anything to do with computers will stick with the console, but I rather enjoy being able to play MS exclusives(even if they are mediocre) on my PC without having to purchase their crappy hardware.

I never said they were bad. Mediocre =/= bad.

#129 Posted by I_P_Daily (12581 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: You're getting to Benjibanklin obsessed levels when it comes to Xbox, its not healthy and you should go see someone for that.

More like Lems are obsessed with me. Like I'm somehow the one fucking things up for Xbox. LOL! Don't lose sleep because people call things like they see 'em.

You create threads projecting your BS and people will call you out on it, especially if its the way you see it as the way you see it is full of BS.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#130 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5048 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

You create threads projecting your BS and people will call you out on it, especially if its the way you see it as the way you see it is full of BS.

BS? Hah! Like I'm EVER wrong about Failbox. Tell you what, cupcake. I'm gonna dedicate my next Xbox thread to you.

#131 Posted by mowgly1 (1229 posts) -

Yep

#132 Edited by I_P_Daily (12581 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

BS? Hah! Like I'm EVER wrong about Failbox. Tell you what, cupcake. I'm gonna dedicate my next Xbox thread to you.

Knockout yourself out bud, I look forward to your next failure :)

#135 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44414 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah I know I was agreeing with you :)

#136 Posted by MonsieurX (39194 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:

All i can keep telling you is the xbox one x is not crappy,it's a £350 console that lets you play games at native 4k and at 60 and 30 fps with high textures and assets,and allows Hdr10 and dolby vision.

Jyst let that sink in,and forget what the developers do and concentrate on what the machine can do.

Thank you for avoiding my questions again

#137 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah I know I was agreeing with you :)

Ah, well then yes, State of Decay 2 was fun for a bit of time. Just glitchy as all hell.

#138 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@DragonfireXZ95: begging?is'nt that what pc gamers are doing to get RDR2,GOWar on pc? and and for years with Halo MCC?

Stick to your point about xbox

again the xbox one x is not crappy,in fact it's so customized by the experts at MS,that gimps who think they know,dont know shit.

You couldnt build a x son,you aint got the skills..

How you $1000/$1500+ pc gamers gonna take ps5 and xb2 release?..all that power for around $500

And with no access to all the new games on ps5,and lining xbox pockets buying their games?.

GUTTED i recon,especially if your a "my rig cost this much" or "i'm pc master race" type

You do realize us PC gamers could easily buy one of the consoles, right?

#139 Posted by DaVillain- (38156 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@DragonfireXZ95: begging?is'nt that what pc gamers are doing to get RDR2,GOWar on pc? and and for years with Halo MCC?

again the xbox one x is not crappy,in fact it's so customized by the experts at MS,that gimps who think they know,dont know shit.

How you $1000/$1500+ pc gamers gonna take ps5 and xb2 release?..all that power for around $500

And with no access to all the new games on ps5,and lining xbox pockets buying their games?.

GUTTED i recon,especially if your a "my rig cost this much" or "i'm pc master race" type

The jokes all on you. I can play RDR2 anytime I want to since I own a PS4 but the matter is, I don't have the time putting hours into RDR2 and I got way too many games anyways. And MS stated they are now porting all games on PC and MCC was gonna show up anyways.

#140 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36593 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@tom-pepper said:

The jokes all on you. I can play RDR2 anytime I want to since I own a PS4 but the matter is, I don't have the time putting hours into RDR2 and I got way too many games anyways. And MS stated they are now porting all games on PC and MCC was gonna show up anyways.

Much of the PC gaming community aren't going to be so kind on Rare Replay, I bet. Mainly for this game...

#141 Posted by DaVillain- (38156 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: I'm hoping Rare Replay finds it's way to PC and I can totally say, Rare Replay was and still my all time favorite Xbox One exclusive game I enjoy. (Sad Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day, guess I'll hold on to my N64 copy for many years to come)

Avatar image for betterthanyou07
#142 Edited by Betterthanyou07 (13 posts) -

Yup it will. Xbone is not selling anymore for MS besides a NICHE crowd of 40 million users or far less since alot of ganers most likely traded in the xbone thru out the 6 yrs since it released lol. Xbone last month sales are a all low time low just like 2017 and ever since it launched. Not even when its on sale do peopke buy it lol

There exclusives are on STEAM now like Halo, Cuphead, Ori ,etc etc that Xbox will just end up bering 3rd party since there console does not sell anymore not even in U.S.A lol. Europe its dead and Japan its a joke lol. The writing is on the wall and Xbox will end up like SEGA and put games on PS4 Nintendo And Apple and of course STEAM since MS Windows is ass lol

So yeah Xbox will just be A Tiny App next to ur Uber App and pizza delivery App or something hehehehe

#143 Posted by MonsieurX (39194 posts) -

Hey look everyone, another alt

#148 Posted by MonsieurX (39194 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:

All i can keep telling you is the xbox one x is not crappy,it's a £350 console that lets you play games at native 4k and at 60 and 30 fps with high textures and assets,and allows Hdr10 and dolby vision.

Jyst let that sink in,and forget what the developers do and concentrate on what the machine can do.

Thank you for avoiding my questions again

Enlighten me son,i cant school you if i dont know what your talking about,but it must be something dumb,if your trying to say the X isnt a 4k 60/30 hdr dolby machine

@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: it does enough to call it a 4k60/30 machine

Can't use the 4k60 part when a huge minority actually hit that on native resolution

I can use it,like digital foudry use 1 dropped frame as a negative in their console videos hah

The x is a 4k60/30 Hdr/dolby vision gaming machine..there can be no argument!

https://www.windowscentral.com/all-xbox-one-x-enhanced-games

39 HDR games

119 labeled as "4k"

How many in there are actually 60fps?

How many are native 4k?

#149 Posted by Fedor (5357 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Been a rough post for you.